Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

1351432060377.gif

Best celebration EVER! :LOL:

benni, everyone is awfull for you... now that Borini is injured it´s Henderson? :D

1351432060377.gif

good draw, the ref again steal goal from us...

no true - Suarez, Sterling, Suso, Allen - fine players

Borini, Henderson, that ugly right back (what his name?) - awful players.

EDIT: Found him

flanno4.jpg

reminds me of

images

:P

Great match? Was it really? You watched a different game to me if you thought it was a great game.

Suarez tried to break his ankle? Don't talk such utter crap! How do you know he tried to actually "break his ankle"? Oh wait there, I forgot. You think you are a knowitall. You don't half come out with some rubbish.

So you'd like to explain why he stamped on Distin's back leg - about a yard from the ball? There was no momentum. He looked at his foot, and stamped on it.

I don't claim to know what is going through Suarez's head, but 'winning the ball' is not what was there. Why else stamp on someone's Achilles if not to hurt them? Is that considered friendly in Uruguay?

And to LFC fans bringing up a United match at Stamford bridge and bad decisions...you've either watched football for less than a year or don't know what you're talking about. Yes, United had a poor offside call go in their favour today. Shock. Awe. Game must be rigged. Chelsea never get those at Stamford Bridge do they?

Thought it was dirty from Suarez aswell, maybe if he had clipped him with the initial monement it could have been accidental. But not when he did it, although I do think he was just trying an annoying clip of the ankle ( which you see strikers doing all the time) instead of the "stamp" it ended up being. Lucky not to get sent off though, whatever the intention.

Cant say I found much wrong with the tackle of miralles though, just a foul.

Sorry but most of the united fans talk here more than Liverpool fans in United thread... and if we do, what´s the problem anyway...

besides, why are you not the same option as for Suarez about Evans who also almost broke a leg today? and before that against Shelvey?

don´t get me wrong, i realy don´t give a damn about United and their campaign...but i give a damn about the inconsistency in refereeing in Premier League....in X games the refs can´t see fouls on Suarez for example...a straight KO from Norwich defender and many many other CLEAR FOULS as against Stoke etc..then in other PL game mr. Clattenburg sees everything on millimeter and gives a great yellows imo but that was my point...i want to see consistency in refereeng.. good calls even if it would harm the team i support, becouse mostly i saw the bad ones in past against my team... that´s why i mentioned and lol-ed about how in United´s game (first i saw this season btw) the ref was in godly mode....

i don´t say game must be rigged or whatever...

they're all U21 mate, they'll definitely improve.

actually Henderson is 22 already..and won´t improve ever..the same Borini, why to waste time with 19,21 and 22 year old players anyway?!

I say, let´s sell all of them and buy already finished world class players to replace each in their squad team position, becouse we can afford it!

Yayyy!

Great match of football. Also real credit to the ref - could have been multiple sendings off but he kept it all together. 3 things:

1. Linesmen can absolutely give fouls, but the way he flagged was for offside. A linesman waves his flat and points in the direction of the team fouled against if it's a free kick, raises his flag in a straight line and points at the offside if it's offside. He got it wrong.

2. As far as I can tell Suarez tried to break Distin's ankle. Can any of the Suarez supporters explain what else he was doing there? He had already injured Mirallas (deliberately kicking him) in the first half, and then that against Silvin Distin of all people. It was pre-mediated, off the ball and very, very indicative of his character.

3. Pretty even match. Everton much better in the first half despite the scoreline, Liverpool much better in the second. I'm very impressed at LFC fitness levels. Expected them to fade given how much pressing they do, but looked the stronger team at the end there.

lets say we LFC fans have shame about Suarez (all tho he dodnt did anything wrong , that on destin was a pretty bad one) but you cant be sure about his mind if he wanna break his leg or not...

but do you Utd. fans have shame for the WHOLE team ? offside goal , torres red card relly ? every time referes are with you , i mean can happen but why they NEVER help us ?

actually Henderson is 22 already..and won´t improve ever..the same Borini, why to waste time with 19,21 and 22 year old players anyway?!

I say, let´s sell all of them and buy already finished world class players to replace each in their squad team position, becouse we can afford it!

Yayyy!

Shelvey , Spearing , Kelly , Sterling , Suso etc are guys we have and we can work with them , also many other youngs ,

we did spend about 100 for carroll , downing , henderson , adam , where are they now ? wish we bought a hulk or falcao kind of player inside of all this

So you'd like to explain why he stamped on Distin's back leg - about a yard from the ball? There was no momentum. He looked at his foot, and stamped on it.

I don't claim to know what is going through Suarez's head, but 'winning the ball' is not what was there. Why else stamp on someone's Achilles if not to hurt them? Is that considered friendly in Uruguay?

And to LFC fans bringing up a United match at Stamford bridge and bad decisions...you've either watched football for less than a year or don't know what you're talking about. Yes, United had a poor offside call go in their favour today. Shock. Awe. Game must be rigged. Chelsea never get those at Stamford Bridge do they?

I don't need to explain anything. It happened. I also don't want to read shit saying he meant to break his ankle either as you claimed. Next it will be a boxer tried to kill someone by punching them.

It was a pulsating game. Everton were dangerous mainly through Mirallas' skill and their LONG BALL game. Their most dangerous tactic was lumping in crosses or balls into their front two strikers.

Liverpool played decently at times, I wish we passed it a bit more, but the pace of the game did not allow that. Suarez was really fired up after Moyes' comments, thanks Moyes. I think the 2nd half substitutions were spot on by Rodgers. I think the result was fair at the end. We looked stronger in the last 10 minutes, we should have won the game, but we were battered in the first half at times.

Suarez, well his celebration was funny. Moyes deserved that after trying to influence referees again. And same goes for Rodgers who keeps going on about referee decisions that in the end we did not win because of a bad decision.

Did Suarez mean to break Distin's ankle. I don't know. It looks like he slipped a bit while he was trying to tackle him. I'm glad he did not break his ankle. But I feel Suarez's tackle on Mirallas which injured him was a bit more dangerous, and more cynical.
I am not a big fan of Suarez but it's hard to judge the intentions of a player unless it is clearly evident what he's doing.

Not sure about getting all the subs right. I thought Sterling was pretty poor today. Suppose he was kept on as he was capable of doing something but it wasn't one of his best games.

Yayyy!

But you could afford to spend £70 million plus on Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam :SHOCK:

Dont play the 'we have no money' card that lots of liverpool supporter do. Your club have spent a fortune on players for past decade or so.

Just very very bad player apart from a few star like Alonso, Torres and Suarez.

But you could afford to spend £70 million plus on Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam :SHOCK:

Dont play the 'we have no money' card that lots of liverpool supporter do. Your club have spent a fortune on players for past decade or so.

Just very very bad player apart from a few star like Alonso, Torres and Suarez.

wish we bought a hulk or falcao kind of player inside of all this

seriously...do you think reality works as PES master league? you just bid and any player will happily join?

seriously...do you think reality works as PES master league? you just bid and any player will happily join?

You dont seem to understand my point PIPA.

Benitez had LFC in Champions League and could have bought in better quality than the mostly rubbish players that he did like Riera, Gonzalez, Voronin, Pennant, Robbie Keane, Babel Plessis etc etc etc

He spent a fortune on average player..that is poor judgement and poor management. Then on top of this takes Liverpool down to poor place in league which is why you cant attract top player anymore because they want CL football.

Then Dalglish and Camolli are given a fortune to spend and spend on Downing, Carroll, Adam, Henderson etc etc

So dont play the 'we have no money card'..your managers have made terrible decisions.

Now Rodgers is trying to buy quality on the cheap..but Borini is NOT a top player, just watch him for Roma and Swansea. Why did Chelsea get rid of him??

I feel sorry for Rodgers because he is cleaning up the mess Dalgish, Camoli, Benitez left behind.

But the amount of times I read Liverpool supporter saying they have no money to spend is rubish..your club has spent millions on very bad players for since I can remember.

So dont play the 'we have no money card'..your managers have made terrible decisions.

true, that´s why they are not our managers anymore, but you seem to forget the other side of the matter, that is what went on in the clubs hierarchy and background... but i have no time to write it again and again... it´s no use..

Now Rodgers is trying to buy quality on the cheap..but Borini is NOT a top player, just watch him for Roma and Swansea. Why did Chelsea get rid of him??

He is 21 FFS. are you seriously hating him that much not give him a chance? he barely played few months in new club, the criticism of this player is not in place, we bought 21 years old Italian international for cheap, no mirracles were expected from him. Rodgers wanted him and all normal fans will give the lad all the time he needs, including myself (from distance that is...)

But the amount of times I read Liverpool supporter saying they have no money to spend is rubish..your club has spent millions on very bad players for since I can remember.

ok, where did i say we have no money to sign a player? let me know.. thanks

21 is mature in football terms. You just KNOW when a player is going to cut it. Look at a 17 year old Sterling. A 21 year old Steven Gerrard. A young Joe Allen.

Borini is never going to make it as a great at Liverpool, PIPA. I will come back to this thread in 2 years when you've sold him to a midtable Italian club.

He just doesnt have that 'magic'.

And Henderson is average. Even Steve Bruce couldnt wait to get rid of him. Ask any Sunderland supporter about Jordan Henderson. He is a midtable player and not going to fire Liverpool back to glory days.

21 is mature in football terms. You just KNOW when a player is going to cut it. Look at a 17 year old Sterling. A 21 year old Steven Gerrard. A young Joe Allen.

Borini is never going to make it as a great at Liverpool, PIPA. I will come back to this thread in 2 years when you've sold him to a midtable Italian club.

And Henderson is average. Even Steve Bruce couldnt wait to get rid of him. Ask any Sunderland supporter about Jordan Henderson. He is a midtable player and not going to fire Liverpool back to glory days.

he isn´t expected to fire us to the glory days, neither of this players is... we don´t expect Borini to be as Gerrard and Henderson to be as Alonso.. can you understand that?

age 21 and 22 is still very young...many top players were unknown when this two are already national players.. but i don´t want to discouss it anymore...you have your truth and i have mine..

Borini is new to the club, he was being played out of position for most of the games, so it's unfair to declare him a failure yet. Yes he does not have the magic of a Gerrard or Fowler in their youth. But I think Borini is a decent player, and he needs one season before being judged.

After the amount of money wasted, we are not in a position to spend big money any longer. Rodgers had to bring in some players in the summer, and he leaned on players who he knows/trusts like Allen and Borini.
I don't know if we could have got someone better , maybe we could have, who knows. We need someone in January who is willing to come here to join this long-term project that Rodgers is leading.

Borini is a good player, but he was never played where he should be played...

Suarez goal was a valid one...but it all fades in comparision to what happened at Stamford Bridge...that was horrendous refereeing.

he isn´t expected to fire us to the glory days, neither of this players is... we don´t expect Borini to be as Gerrard and Henderson to be as Alonso.. can you understand that?

age 21 and 22 is still very young...many top players were unknown when this two are already national players.. but i don´t want to discouss it anymore...you have your truth and i have mine..
Considering your idol Kenny Dalglish spent 20M on him we should actually.

Considering your idol Kenny Dalglish spent 20M on him we should actually.

considering we payed 16 milion for a 21 year old english international who was and is suposed to be here long term and develop his potential and considering the overpricing of all english players, especially national ones we shouldn´t..

Dalglish is not my idol, i never seen him play... my sporting idol was Michael Owen when i grew up watching LFC...

but maybe you know me better than i do...

Who do you think have this "magic", or say how many of the footballers in the world has it? Sterling's been superb but not all good players starts early as his. True his hair plays better than his feet but he'll get there.

there are many players who develop later in their career so the saying about we should know a player´s class in his early age is not true at all...more than the talent there is in PL needed a consistency...

look at Owen, he won the golden ball in his early 20´s and wanished in 25 from big scene... the same many players, for example Saviola etc... this is what i fear about Sterling, not to burn out early in his career..

obviously there are different players as Messi for example who are incredible, but there are also many so called next Maradona´s who now are playing god knows where and were already big ego´s just becouse they had few good games...

i rather see Borini or Henderson to develop to a top player slowly than see them wanish at some point.. There are many who were fantastic in their early years but were burned out in mid 20´s so the argumet is not strong enough at all...And if they don´t develop, so what? We alredy have top young players FOR FREE basicly that already saved us milions of pounds and have potential to get us milions in distant future in Suso, Wisdom, Kelly, Sterling, Robinson and Shelvey who can fill the gap even make it big here for long term... i´m very confident Sterling, Suso and Wisdom are our next big stars for years... we always take risk in young players, not all are guarantee to make it.. and with new manager and the owners, i know we won´t buy players who we don´t believe can make it..but there is always risk factor in all buy´s...sometimes the big stars will flop and small buys develop to legends...

in the oposite, many players had simply luck in their careers not to be injured a lot.... imagine what Owen acutally could achieve if it wasn´t for injury´s... many world class players were unknown before their 25 - 26 age...and not national players... there is no pattern to top class status, only few realy gifted individuals who have luck on injury´s can be consistent enough since day 1. untill their retirement...but there aren´t many players like that in world football.... each player has ups and downs in career.. it´s just like in life...

Last edited:

sterling will be nothing more then SWP at the least and perhaps walcott/lennon if he is lucky... Even so those are not the best of aspirations. Speed can only work for you for so long, once the opposition has figured you out, its easy to keep you non existent in a match. Either you get the class and touch of mata or you end up sucking like SWP

sterling will be nothing more then SWP at the least and perhaps walcott/lennon if he is lucky... Even so those are not the best of aspirations. Speed can only work for you for so long, once the opposition has figured you out, its easy to keep you non existent in a match. Either you get the class and touch of mata or you end up sucking like SWP

That's true, but I'm guessing you've not seen much of Sterling.

He's 17 and can hold the ball up, dribble, keep hold of possesion, play a pass and cross a ball.

I've not even seen him utilize his pace, it's more about his acceleration.

He's got the x-factor

i love how people can say for sure or the future of the players and how they won´t make it etc...wish i knew that as well...

there is something i think by seeing the players that have something special..there isn´t many young players as him in England, maybe Chamberlain and Wilshere, but he belongs to that group definetly...

Back
Top Bottom