Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

A draw would of been a fair result today, won't go into the
refs decisions. So far things may look bad table wise but on the
pitch we are going in the right direction.

I've seen people saying we are no better than last season under
Kenny which is not true, with Rodgers we finally have a consistent
style of play its almost there bar needing to work on being more decisive
in the final 3rd and cutting out the mistakes in defence . Think we need a
"shoot on site" policy we'll be better for it, the low curler from Suarez showed
he could become more clinical if he cut out
the over abundance of dribble when not needed.

Our youth players are the way forward if we're patient enough we could be seeing something
special down the line.

I have nothing against Borini friend. I just know there is lot to expect from him when you just arent going to see many goals from him I promise. I watch lots of him at Roma and Chelsea didnt want him. He is very average player and wont fire you into CL again please trust me on this. Did you watch any of him at Roma? Or swansea?

as for playing better..I see a lot of sideways and backwards passing. IMO you played good football some games last season but where did you finish in the end?

Reason I say worrying time is because I have a few LFC supporting friends in University I attend...they all very worried and feel the club is going backwards under current ownership.

thing is, what is long term plan for LFC owner and Rodgers? Does anyone actually know? Because you are years and years away from CL football, I would even say 5-10 years away maybe more. And the longer you are out of it the more the big teams get better and better.

So with this..worrying times. LFC supporters have been talking about 'progress' for many many years now. when does it actually happen though?

Please..no offence internded with my post like I say my english can be poor and I find it hard to express right way of saying something.

About Borini, i guess Rodgers knows him more than any other coach from his Chelsea days and Swansea spell on loan so if he belives in him, i do as well.. he is 21, name more international 21 year old strikers that are expected to fire a team in CL, no, there are not many of them...21 year old players are not in a team to be leaders, except maybe Messi who was a legend in making since 19...Borini won´t be worse for LFC than Kuyt imho...and nobody expect´s him what you are saying.. he should not even start atm, but so shouldn´t Sterling...just coincidence we did not buy starters becouse of overpriced players in the summer and not being able to buy Dempsey..

About long term plan, it depends on what you want to achieve and how patient your owners are...Remember Ferguson was almost sacked after his first 6 years at United without trophy...Are there still clubs that give this kind of time now, except maybe Arsenal who live from their profit in transfers and European competitions? i doubt there are many such patient owners and especially fans...

LFC doesn´t have sheiks that spend milions on players and wages, we have a young coach who signed for three years and that is three seasons in my option where we should build our next team. He works mostly with youth right now and don´t overspend on players as previous coaches..he buys but smart..

We were going backwards the second Hicks and Gillet came to the club and then after Rafa Benitez sacking..not now..

This plan needs time, nothing would be more stupid than going after another manager right now or sacking Rodgers..

you can´t expect a team to progress with 3 coaches in 3 years in a row..every of them with his own mistakes and own phylosophy... Rodgers did NOTHING wrong so far from managerial point of view, nothing.

let´s wait and see, the season just started..but i agree we desperately need a top class CF, someone like Falcao...for example to win the games we dominate 90% of the time.. or RVP, if only we could lure someone like that in January....

Last edited:

I wonder why we are whipping balls into the box...with NO players in there?! I can only wonder what the score would have been if Carroll would have played today.

Yes PUGHY, you'd "snap the fucker next time":ROLL: it doesn't change the fact it was a penalty and no one complained should tell you that.

Trust me pal. I'm not dirty but if somebody cons me, they won't have the chance to do it again as I'll give them something to dive for. It's been known to happen quite a few times. End of last season was most recent. Nobody complained? What game did you watch? Reina got booked didn't he?! Soft penalty. End of.

I wonder why we are whipping balls into the box...with NO players in there?! I can only wonder what the score would have been if Carroll would have played today.

If we have a good playmaker like Silva or Iniesta, then we don't need to put crosses in, but just have good thru-balls.

There are a few positives, I liked the way Suso played and I think it won't hurt in giving him that role in midfield.
He has tremendous ball control, and great eye for the pass. (see the way he picked out Suarez today and ghosted past players).

With Shelvey most probably out for 3 matches, I think this is something we need to try out.
This will allow Suarez to spend more time closer to goal and less time trying to dribble around.
Let Suso do that.

Next match away to West Brom in the Capitol-One/League Cup on Wednesday night. Tough game, and we're holders. But I hope Rodgers rests players for Norwich on Saturday.

Last edited:

I can't believe that Rodgers plays Shelvey and and not Henderson. Henderson is 15 times the player that Shelvey is.

Otherwise, all credit to Rodgers. Give him time and things will turn.
What i don't understand is that Liverpool were interested in Gaston Martinez, and that he now plays for Southampton. What happened there? Was it a false rumour?

If you look at the players teams like Fulham (Berbatov), Swansea (the Spanish players and De Guzman) and Southampton (Gaston Martines) have bought and compared them to Liverpool...something is wrong there. I don't understand why Liverpool did not go for Berbatov for example...

Only just saw the matches, pool didn't deserve to lose, but they didn't really but create anything either. A draw would have been fair.

Im just gutted it always has to be about the ref with United. Any other match this weekend and no one is batting an eye over Shelvey s red. That's a red card. Taking still photographs is pathetic, but sadly common.place these days for certain fans.

I don't think it was a penalty for Valencia, but only cause he inexplicably went to ground early. If he'd stayed up Johnson would have chopped him down. Stupid defending.

Anyway, now the pundits and papers can harp on about bias again.

Kind of disappointed by the way the day closed off with a couple of moronic Liverpool fans mimicked aeroplanes right up close to the United fans, resulting in the songs "Murderers and Always the Victims" being sang. Shame things couldn't have stayed quiet all day.

Kind of disappointed by the way the day closed off with a couple of moronic Liverpool fans mimicked aeroplanes right up close to the United fans, resulting in the songs "Murderers and Always the Victims" being sang. Shame things couldn't have stayed quiet all day.

Jesus...some people are really morons.

Im just gutted it always has to be about the ref with United. Any other match this weekend and no one is batting an eye over Shelvey s red. That's a red card. Taking still photographs is pathetic, but sadly common.place these days for certain fans.

Still photographs aren't needed to see Evans went in two footed though. It was a hard challenge but never a red. Game has gone soft and so have certain fans.

United fans started singing "Where's your famous Munich song?" for some reason around the 12th minute, not a clue why.

They didn't.

I was sat right next to them just on the other side of the segregation line and deliberately kept an ear out to hear what they were singing throughout the match.

This keeps being reported and I seriously didn't hear it, unless I just went deaf in the twelfth minute?

They didn't.

I was sat right next to them just on the other side of the segregation line and deliberately kept an ear out to hear what they were singing throughout the match.

This keeps being reported and I seriously didn't hear it, unless I just went deaf in the twelfth minute?

I heard it on the TV as well as it being reported.

Maybe you need those ears checked? ;)

I think I do. :P

If I hear proof then I'll completely hold my hands up but from what I saw and heard our fans were fantastic. As it is it was such a shame for the things that happened after the match.

Perhaps I was wanting our lads to be good too much and turned a blind eye (or a deaf ear...) to any negative things.

Paul Rogers ‏@PaulRogersLFC
Early @LFC injury update: Borini (severe bruising, not serious), Agger (not as bad as 1st feared but more tests due), Kelly looking bad

Liverpool played real exciting football. Suso n Sterling look very good. Shelvey will learn and grow from his red card. Mutd were for the taking...they n Chelsea look for penalties and they will get them,:COAT:

Early days means Liverpool could still string a few wins ,now that the hardest teams has past. :)) Arsenal was in a worst spot w/ players leaving and its possible.

Paul Rogers ‏@PaulRogersLFC
Early @LFC injury update: Borini (severe bruising, not serious), Agger (not as bad as 1st feared but more tests due), Kelly looking bad

Great news regarding Borini and Agger, as for Kelly I hope he'll have a speedy recovery, he's been excellent against Man Utd.
I think it's time for players like Wisdom to step up, Enrique looks a liability in defense at times.

Have u got any idea how long will Borini and Agger be out of action?

Great news regarding Borini and Agger, as for Kelly I hope he'll have a speedy recovery, he's been excellent against Man Utd.
I think it's time for players like Wisdom to step up, Enrique looks a liability in defense at times.

Have u got any idea how long will Borini and Agger be out of action?

Haven't seen anything about either but can't imagine either being in good enough shape to play on Wednesday.

As you say, I imagine Wisdom and Suso will get more of a chance now. Robinson, Flanagan, Morgan, youth was already going to get a chance but with injuries it's going to be a very young team for a few months.

Watching episode 2 of "Being Liverpool" and Jonjo Shelvey being told by Rodgers that he's going to be a big player but he needs to concentrate and stay on his fate. Well ... Shelvey listened to that advice then :LOL:

but on the other hand he didn't bottle the challenge and did nothing wrong imo.

need tough players like him

footy is becoming a joke, look at rugby ffs..

Brendan Rodgers IS the Man!

I hope Liverpool give him all the time in the world. This guy can and will turn things around for a club that deserves so much more!

Just have to be patient now and give the man time to work his magic.

I know I'm biased, but I just don't understand Liverpool's PR policy. So since Sunday, I've now heard from Shelvey, Rodgers, Gerrard and Johnson that:

1. Shelvey shouldn't have got a red. But if he did get a red, so should Evans (not true, and every single podcast/journalist pundit I've seen agrees)

2. Luis Suarez should have had a penalty (general opinions split, I've seen em given)

3. Valencia should not have had a penalty (personally I don't think it was, but pundits seem split)

4. Now, Valencia was not touched (this is simply not true. there are pictuers of Johnson colliding with the back of Valencia, even though he was going down)

5. Reputations determine penalties

I mean, is this what LFC do now? They get in on a Monday morning and say, alright Stevie, Glen - you two are on press duty this week, go do some interviews where you degrade the ref's decisions. Oh Jonjo - get on Twitter asap and accuse Fergie of something. Luis....actually, Luis just keep your mouth shut.

It beggars belief.

I like Liverpool and want to see them back in the fray (especially compared to sugar daddy clubs) but this victimhood (it's the refs fault, it's the posts fault, it's Fergies fault - could it possibly be your inability to score goals?) is something that needs to be removed from your psychology. Winners don't look for excuses.

394228_402587649807169_1833256691_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom