Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Suarez did dive, he just threw himself to the ground. He waits for contact and then goes down. Not an honest footballer in any way. As I said earlier, it's the way he goes down that means it looks like a dive every time.

The penalty looked very soft today, I'm not even sure Johnson made a challenge on Valencia?!

Oh, and that RVP tackle was never two footed, or a red card :LOL:.

Valencia made Tom Daley look world class to be honest. I bet I'll hear the conspiracy theory "Fergie paid the ref" talk in work tomorrow amongst the Liverpool supporting lot.

Halsey was very poor and about as one-sided as that Swedish ref I ranted about a few weeks back.

Suarez did dive, he just threw himself to the ground. He waits for contact and then goes down. Not an honest footballer in any way. As I said earlier, it's the way he goes down that means it looks like a dive every time.

Really? Have you just seen Sky Sports? CLEAR contact on Suarez once Suarez flicked the ball away.

He really is a fucking twat. It might have even been a penalty, but with the way he just throws himself to ground then immediately gets up and moans/appeals to the ref is really fucking annoying.

Really? Have you just seen Sky Sports? CLEAR contact on Suarez once Suarez flicked the ball away.

:ROLL:

What I'm saying is he is doing himself out of a lot of decisions because of the way he goes down so theatrically and then his reactions after all the time. Never said it wasn't a penalty.

Valencia was a penalty, I don't see how that's a debate.

If I made the "challenge" Johnson did on a player and he goes down that easily, I'd snap the fucker next time. Penalty my fucking ass. Game played by a bunch of pussies now. It's embarrassing. You honestly saying the contact on him made him go down like that? Absolute bollocks.

1348409256348.gif

Yep, I am neutral (Charlton fan), and as I said it was very soft. Valencia knew he was too close to the goalie to score so just waited for the first bit of contact on his back then went down.

Yes PUGHY, you'd "snap the fucker next time":ROLL: it doesn't change the fact it was a penalty and no one complained should tell you that.

Yes PUGHY, you'd "snap the fucker next time":ROLL: it doesn't change the fact it was a penalty and no one complained should tell you that.

Reina complained and was booked, Johnson was in pain from the collision with Reina.

Anyway, screwed by the ref and nothing's going to change so just move on.

Pleased with the performance today. I really do think Rodgers has the right ideas and there's lots of signs that we're starting to adapt. It really is hurting us that we don't have a clinical striker but hopefully we'll rectify that in January.

It's been a very difficult start to the league so I'm not worried about our position, it just means we've got some of the harder games out of the way already. If we get into a great run of form, it'll help not playing the likes of Utd and possibly having the run stopped by whatever reason.

Oliver Kay @OliverKayTimes

Brendan Rodgers says Daniel Agger has a problem with his medial ligament. Being assessed by medical staff. Borini swollen ankle #LFC

BR: "I think we were harshly dealt with today. We'll soon turn these results into wins."

BR: "I think performance wise everybody can see the growth. I've got I'm pretty sure our luck will change & then we'll fly." #LFC

BR injuries. "Fabio had a badly swollen ankle. Agger's doesn't look good, the medics were saying it might be a medial ligament. We'll see."

BR on penalty: "it was never a penalty. It was just one of those days. The decisions just didn't go our way."

BR: "if Jonjo gets sent off for that tackle, then Evans should have to. It was very very harsh. It's a tackle both had to make."

BR: "I thought the best team lost. What you can't control is decisions by the referee. The players were outstanding."

Never have felt so unjustly denied in a match. We were the far better team today.I was so impressed with Suso, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling.
I really like our football, and today we were defeated by 12 men.

The referee had a total stinker. Got 2 of the most important decisions wrong that handed United the win on the plate.

- Shelvey's was a bad challenge, but not malicious. It was a 50/50 ball and he was reckless, but the fact that Rio Ferdinand was jumping all over the referee's face swayed the referee.
Both should have got yellow, end of story.

- Anyone who slates Suarez must realize that yes he's no saint, but so are people like Ferdinand, Rooney who keep asking referees to give red cards when they see anything close to a dangerous tackle. I hate it when I see these players do this.

The Tribute to the 96 was fantastic. Credit to all the fans and players.

But the referee ruined the match and left a sour taste of injustice on all days today.

Interesting fact: Ferguson for all his goodness towards us regarding Hillsborough, just shows his nasty side when it comes to the actual game. He was saying before the match that United never get penalties at Anfield. Well he got his on a plate today.

Last edited:

50/50. Neither have gone in well, if it had been the other way around then I'd assume Evans would've been sent off for a two footer. As it was it was maybe a yellow for Shelvey but nothing else.

You had more of the ball before it but it was a completely nothing game. You weren't gonna score, neither were we.

I thought our fans were great but apparently they were chanting afterwards which sours it a bit. Impeccable for the 90 mins though.

Football can get to fuck. Its messed up big style. Inconsistency everywhere. And as for the United Pen, good grief, terrible decision.

Fucking hell, what a joke of a game. How anyone can say Suarez dived earlier despite clear contact ... but then Valencia plummets to the floor with no contact at all from what I can see ... and then Agger stretchered off?

Unbelievably cursed.

Whilst LFC deserved at least a point today it is not ref fault your team sit in 18 place. League table doesn't lie.

Utd terrible today but clinical. Borini bad player. Suarez try to much every game.

Worrying time for LFC supporter.

I think Suso needs to play a lot more. He looks classy and confident on the ball. But we need a clinical striker. Suarez is constantly trying his dribbles and turns, and will not score too many doing that.

It will come good for Rodgers and Liverpool.

Whilst LFC deserved at least a point today it is not ref fault your team sit in 18 place. League table doesn't lie.

Utd terrible today but clinical. Borini bad player. Suarez try to much every game.

Who said it was the refs fault that we're in 18th place?

We've had one of the hardest starts to a league campaign that we can get, with a new manager, new players, and a shortage of strikers. Nobody expected us to top the league at this stage and nobody is blaming refereeing for other games.

It's far from a worrying time. Most teams would struggle in our situation with the fixtures we had. Arsenal had a poor start last season, they picked up decently enough and I believe we will get better too.

what do you have against Borini? why do you always mention him?? do you expect him to be our top striker or something, becouse not many fans are so unrealistic in their expectations..

about the table position, sometimes you should watch the matches to actually criticise the team... i think not many fans are worried becouse the results will come, we already play better than before + the teams that we played were Arsenal, City, United and some other, so we might have more chances to go higher in next games..

only thing worrying for me as LFC supporter is the fitness of Agger and other injured players, not our current table position...

Borini is a decent player, he's been played out of position for most of the games.

We just have to wait for the results to improve and confidence to come. I think Rodgers has got us in the right direction. We desperately need a proper goalscorer. We have a lot of skilful, technically good players, lots of potential, but what we lack is one clinical finisher.

This season is truly a rebuilding one, and Rodgers needs time to bring his philosophy to bear fruit.

DagsJT said:
Who said it was the refs fault that we're in 18th place?

We've had one of the hardest starts to a league campaign that we can get, with a new manager, new players, and a shortage of strikers. Nobody expected us to top the league at this stage and nobody is blaming refereeing for other games.

It's far from a worrying time. Most teams would struggle in our situation with the fixtures we had. Arsenal had a poor start last season, they picked up decently enough and I believe we will get better too.

I disagree sorry. You usually do well against the 'big teams' so this is step backwards. Also you have played all them games at home but earned just 1 point from the 3 against Man City Arsenal and Man Utd??

As for Arsenal they are superior team with superior players and manage (no offence intended I word things badly because english is my second language) and they always finish 4th and above. LFC havent finished in top 4 for long time now and dont have the winning mentality the big sides do.

PIPA23 said:
what do you have against Borini? why do you always mention him?? do you expect him to be our top striker or something, becouse not many fans are so unrealistic in their expectations..

about the table position, sometimes you should watch the matches to actually criticise the team... i think not many fans are worried becouse the results will come, we already play better than before + the teams that we played were Arsenal, City, United and some other, so we might have more chances to go higher in next games..

only thing worrying for me as LFC supporter is the fitness of Agger and other injured players, not our current table position...

I have nothing against Borini friend. I just know there is lot to expect from him when you just arent going to see many goals from him I promise. I watch lots of him at Roma and Chelsea didnt want him. He is very average player and wont fire you into CL again please trust me on this. Did you watch any of him at Roma? Or swansea?

as for playing better..I see a lot of sideways and backwards passing. IMO you played good football some games last season but where did you finish in the end?

Reason I say worrying time is because I have a few LFC supporting friends in University I attend...they all very worried and feel the club is going backwards under current ownership.

thing is, what is long term plan for LFC owner and Rodgers? Does anyone actually know? Because you are years and years away from CL football, I would even say 5-10 years away maybe more. And the longer you are out of it the more the big teams get better and better.

So with this..worrying times. LFC supporters have been talking about 'progress' for many many years now. when does it actually happen though?

Please..no offence internded with my post like I say my english can be poor and I find it hard to express right way of saying something.

Stonewall penalty. No discussion possible. Haven't seen the Suarez one, but even if it was one, a player who dives all the time can expect that when something is really wrong, refs think he dived once again.
Shelvey: every single continental ref would give that red card, in England it seems less clear.
Shelvey is a donkey.

We have been far away from the top-4 for the last 3 seasons. And this season especially we are paying for the blunders of last year. We cannot afford big name established players anymore. We had a chance last year and blew it. The only thing that makes sense is to invest in younger players with potential. It is going to take one full season for us to really come out of this problem.

I agree that Borini is not a top-4 player. But he's only 21 years old.
This is going to be a 2-3 season project when the likes of Allen, Sterling, Shelvey, Borini, Suso, Yesil, Assaidi will be given the chance. And right now these are our brightest prospects. You can't expect them to carry us to top-4, no way !!
All these guys are within 17-22 years of age with a lot of potential. The experienced players like Gerrard, Reina, Carra, Downing are not doing that great.
People like Gerrard are on his last few seasons. So this will take time.

Gone are the days of spending 10-20m on average player who is 28 years old.

It will be a tough ride, but it will be exciting and could be the rebuilding of our club.

But if we do make any more signings in Jan, it has to be a striker.

Last edited:

Stonewall penalty. No discussion possible. Haven't seen the Suarez one, but even if it was one, a player who dives all the time can expect that when something is really wrong, refs think he dived once again.
Shelvey: every single continental ref would give that red card, in England it seems less clear.
Shelvey is a donkey.

Suarez is his own biggest enemy. His theatrics will ruin his chances of every getting a fair penalty.

Valencia's was not a penalty, it was highly debatable. But since he is not as notorious, he got the penalty.

Shelvey was reckless and foolish, but Evans was actually the one who lunged in with 2 feet, but got the ball 0.01 seconds earlier than Shelvey.
BOTH should have got red cards.

I'm glad we lost today, this will drive us on to better things. Otherwise if we won, everyone will think we "turned" a corner.

Back
Top Bottom