Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

And yet look what happened tonight, a performance fit for last seasons shite display.

I fully expect you to play like your lives depend on it and batter us all over the pitch. Whether that translates to a victory or not is another matter.

And yet look what happened tonight, a performance fit for last seasons shite display.

I fully expect you to play like your lives depend on it and batter us all over the pitch. Whether that translates to a victory or not is another matter.

Liverpool will win on Sunday...

and then lose to Norwich and draw at home to Stoke week after.

Or lose all three and Fenway will have to start asking the questions sooner rather than later. Although I doubt it would happen (losing all three) but the way Liverpool's playing is still poor as most players are still fitting in their new roles while the starting GK is at his lowest point in his career, and not having reliable bench to help the starters makes it an even tougher job for Rodgers.

Or lose all three and Fenway will have to start asking the questions sooner rather than later. Although I doubt it would happen (losing all three) but the way Liverpool's playing is still poor as most players are still fitting in their new roles while the starting GK is at his lowest point in his career, and not having reliable bench to help the starters makes it an even tougher job for Rodgers.

I have said it before but the problem Rodgers has is all teams in league prepare to play it against it now...as Swansea started to find out at latter end of last season.

he needs a second tactic when first one is not work. we all know exactly how he will line up every game. and also we all know what player will feature etc so its easy for opposition to prepare.

you can only play like Barcelona if you have Barcelona players. and liverpool are a million miles away from the Catalans in my opinion.

did FSG fuck it up though? What about Dalgish wasting millions of pound on Adam, Henderson, Carrol etc?? They didnt want to get burn two seasons in a row and they havent got unlimited funds like some of you seem to think (they are not wealthy as, lets say...Man City or PSG owner)

Does he get any blame? (I am interested in Liverpool thoughts on Dalglish signings)

he seems untouchable with LFC supporter I feel.

I very much doubt that is true. I'm guessing a certain Mr. Neville (amongst thousands of others) would agree with me.

Which would be useful if he was playing?!

That's exactly my point. Our current batch of players really don't get up for the Liverpool games the way the merserysiders do.

Obviously I'd still take our batch of players over theirs, but it is odd that Fergie can't get the lads fired up.

Though, I've gotta say - if Carragher can literally stud Nani above the knee and only get a yellow at Anfield, I can see why our players don't love playing against such, shall we say, enthusiastic opponents.

Haha what a goal, Downing crosses it, there is no Liverpool player even in the box, but one Swiss defender heads into the other defender... a gem of an own goal!!

If only Suso had been more active during the match I'd give him 5* but he didn't pressure much when the team lost possession.

Wisdom seems like an ideal replacement for Johnson and Kelly, he's been great tonight.

As for Henderson, I think all the criticism he received last season have made him stronger, he has shown a great character tonight and I'm really looking forward to see him play regularly on Europa League.

Assaidi was the one who didn't impress me, probably because it was his debut today however I think he'll get better and will be useful in Europa League matches this season.

Pacheco has totally let me down tonight, I expected so much more from him but I gotta feeling he's just not good enough to play for Liverpool, I know this might be a bit harsh for a young player but I doubt he'll get better.

Which would be useful if he was playing?!

That's exactly my point. Our current batch of players really don't get up for the Liverpool games the way the merserysiders do.

Obviously I'd still take our batch of players over theirs, but it is odd that Fergie can't get the lads fired up.

Though, I've gotta say - if Carragher can literally stud Nani above the knee and only get a yellow at Anfield, I can see why our players don't love playing against such, shall we say, enthusiastic opponents.

United players don't get up for the game? Both teams get up for it just as much as the other. I don't believe any different.

Still whining about that tackle? A United player has never kicked a Liverpool player at Old Trafford and got away with just a yellow have they? Blinkered or what?!

Pu6hy is angry, yo!

Liverpool played ok tonight. Suso will be some player!

Pacheco invisible..so much chat about him but I don't understand the hype.

nanicryinginliverpoolga.jpg

United players don't get up for the game? Both teams get up for it just as much as the other. I don't believe any different.

Still whining about that tackle? A United player has never kicked a Liverpool player at Old Trafford and got away with just a yellow have they? Blinkered or what?!

I can't recall a challenge that bad coming from a United player. I know Evans hurt Stuart Holden a couple years back, but that was a 50/50 challenge. Carragher 'did' Nani in exactly the same way Keane did Haaland. With malice. So yes, it sticks in my mind as one of the worst challenges I've seen that didn't get a sending off. Apologies. For. That.

Fergie doesn't seem to want to rally the players for the Liverpool games, even calling for a calmness to the rivalry which effectively speaks for itself on his view of the game.

Fergie doesn't seem to want to rally the players for the Liverpool games, even calling for a calmness to the rivalry which effectively speaks for itself on his view of the game.

Well, He was at the Everton game. Seeing Everton n Liverpool kits on 2 kids holding hands is a tough act....to follow! I personally dont think Liverpool will stop singing Munich imo. Who knows!

Considering that we played without 8 first-teamers, I think the team did exceptionally well to win 5:3.

Defensively, some blunders were made by Enrique, Suso.

But the passing was great at times. Some of the combinations between the
players directly led to goals.

Sahin and Enrique's double 1-2 got the corner which led to Wisdom's goal.

then for Shelvey's goal with nice passing between Borini/Hendo/Shelvey.

Pacheco was probably invisible, not sure why Yesil did not play.

Assaid did ok at times, he looked lively always trying to beat players.

Downing had 2 assists :-), so not too bad, but he did give the ball away quite a lot.

Overall it was a great game, Suso looks amazing at times. Give him some more time and he will be some player.

Shelvey, only 20 years of age. He needs to replace Gerrard in the team.
Thanks to Rafa for signing him.

Well the last time Man UTD won at Anfield was back in 2007 and since then they only got 1pt at Anfield last season but that was it and it will be no different this sunday. I'm just wary of RvP and Kagawa threat, however ManU fans should already write this match off and pray for a draw instead.

Back
Top Bottom