Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Skrtel becoming more of a liability than Carragher, he's been a mess this season. Our concentration just seems non-existent.

Pipa wont like that dagsjt apparantly the slovakian is world class.

Gerrard not comfortable in Rodgers system I feel.

Sterling is a joy to watch.

Sigh. Dire performance after half-decent opening 10 mins. The usual lack of concentration, movement and aggression costing us AGAIN.

We change managers but some things never change.

Borini is playing and is one of the better players, only Sterling having a better game. Which isn't saying much but Borini has at least been half decent.

Gerrard and Shelvey have been dire, especially Gerrard. When he can be arsed moving for the ball, he gets it and tries some Hollywood bullshit resulting in us losing the ball anyway. His attitude stinks and it's not helped that he's our captain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gerrard has been poor for long time but he won't get dropped.

He still very capable of winning game on his own though

I was being sarcastic about Borini bad joke sorry :)

Thanks a lot, Fergie. A booking for Suarez when it was a pen. And that's not my pro-Liverpool bias speaking, ESPN agrees it was a pen.

Gerrard has been a joke since season 2009/2010. Im not suprised about this constant poor level, he should had been dropped a long time ago.

Yeah, we can do possibly do that now but in 2010 which is when you said he should've been replaced.

I can't remember yesterday, nevermind what possible midfielder's might have been available two years ago.

The whole team needs to look at what a 17 year old kid is achieving this season, he's making a mockery of the team. Nobody wants to heap pressure on the lad but we'd be knackered if it wasn't for him.

Maybe the FIFA games haven't got it wrong with players looking like they're skating. Maybe they model the players on Raheem Sterling.

There were some positive signs, but we just lack the clinical touch in all areas of the field. It just seems that in every area of the pitch we lack something. In goal, Reina seems brittle. In defense we're not confident and seem easily brushed aside at times.
In midfield, we don't seem to have much threat. Same goes for attack.

Sterling was the most effective player and that makes the existing senior players look bad.

Suarez scored today, so he saved his own performance which was not great at all. Gerrard was so mixed. Allen had some bad moments. Shelvey was decent at times.

But we lack the killer touch all over the park.

I think its a bit of class, the players atm are all nearly men as it were. No one is a player that you can rely on to just do the right thing. Even gerrard missed that chance, whereas normally that would be a goal 9/10 times. And then the difference is the Liverpool players are partly focussed on trying to play a different football style, and expected to be dominant and win, whilst to opposition can be far more functional and focussed. The few moments of calmness in the final 3rd were from Sterling yesterday, he would just look up and mostly do the right thing, which usually created a good chance.

Last edited:

No need to panic.
Yesterday the difference was made by the GK's, Mignolet saved the point for Sunderland.
What i don't understand is why Sahin in on the bench for donkeys like Shelvey and Gerrard (i know that is exagerated...).
Joe Allen is fantastic, but he should play a litle bit more on the half of the other team, that is also what Swansea did last year, their combinations were fantastic but a very large part of the passing was on their own half.
Sterling: he is great, but don't expect him to be like that consistency, that is impossible for a 17 year old...i hope you guys will have patience with him next season...

Joe Allen passes sideways and backwards too much and keeps the ball rcycled similar to what Henderson did last season altho much more comfortable on the ball than the Englishman.

I feel Allen will never be top bracket player as he doesnt have the vision and forward passing of the very best midfielders.

A very neat and tidy player tho and obviously still young.

No need to panic.
Yesterday the difference was made by the GK's, Mignolet saved the point for Sunderland.
What i don't understand is why Sahin in on the bench for donkeys like Shelvey and Gerrard (i know that is exagerated...).
Joe Allen is fantastic, but he should play a litle bit more on the half of the other team, that is also what Swansea did last year, their combinations were fantastic but a very large part of the passing was on their own half.
Sterling: he is great, but don't expect him to be like that consistency, that is impossible for a 17 year old...i hope you guys will have patience with him next season...

Yeah, I did'nt understand why both Sahin and Assaidi are on the bench. He should have atleast given Sahin some match time. The guy is class.
Same for Allen, he plays sideways because he is playing in holding midfield because Shelvey was put forward. Allen can play good passes up closer to the front-three.

I guess when Lucas is fit, the ideal midfield will be:
------Lucas---
---Allen---Sahin--

Gerrard is the one who seems out of place in this quick passing system. He is going downhill, best is to put him in the wide positions where he can get some good crosses in.

Joe Allen passes sideways and backwards too much and keeps the ball rcycled similar to what Henderson did last season altho much more comfortable on the ball than the Englishman.

I feel Allen will never be top bracket player as he doesnt have the vision and forward passing of the very best midfielders.

A very neat and tidy player tho and obviously still young.

Either way you look at it, Allen is the least of Liverpool's problems.

Back
Top Bottom