Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Wow, I'm not sure whether those twitter rumours are true but we've been offered Leandro Damiao on a season-long loan at cost of £3m with the option to buy him for £13m next summer.
What a bargain it would be, there will be no need for other signings.

Dempsey has rejected Villa, he's set on a move to Liverpool.

The Damaio story seems like it could be genuine too. Not seen him myself but I know he's highly rated.

Name what better players of his age playing in PL with more experience or more games played would you rate higher than him and explain why.

then name who of this players can we afford to bring or would have come to LFC realistically right now, or even tomorow.

i will wait.

There are 100s of midfielders around the world better than him which would have cost peanuts but Ken Dalglish believed in the 'buy british' policy which saw you end up 8th. Henderson, Adam, Downing, Carroll all horrible signings and everyone in football world knows it. Luckly for LFC Rodgers knows what he is doing, fantastic coach..

Look at Newcastle. Cabaye is superior player to Henderson....they dont play in CL. They are 'smaller' club than you.

Last edited:

Dempsey has rejected Villa, he's set on a move to Liverpool.

The Damaio story seems like it could be genuine too. Not seen him myself but I know he's highly rated.

He's done well at the Olympics from what I've seen. Certainly someone who can score them easy goals against the "smaller" teams.

I really don't think the Damiao one is real.

Spurs offered far more money than that and got it rejected apparently.

Why would they offer a cheap loan/end of season sign deal to you?

I really don't think the Damiao one is real.

Spurs offered far more money than that and got it rejected apparently.

Why would they offer a cheap loan/end of season sign deal to you?

That's what doesn't make sense to me. But it's being reported by various sources now, including South American journalists.

There was supposed to be a "wow" signing that nobody expected, a forward, so maybe this is it?

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho
So Adam and Spearing gone and looks like Pacheco could follow before end of the day. #LFC

Sami Mokbel ‏@SamiMokbel81_DM
#lfc gawped at Damiao wages. Looking unlikely. But told still a small chance.

Gary Jacob ‏@garyjacob
#AVFC move for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Tottenham and Southampton watched the former AC Milan forward him this month. Age 23

--------------

Rodgers press conference:

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
Rodgers: "We're hopeful of adding to the squad. There are a number of players we're looking at."

Srijandeep Das ‏@jeremy_LFC
BR: "Sturridge is a player I know very well." Rules out Huntelaar (obviously), and gives a cheek lil smile when Walcott was mentioned.

Steve Hothersall ‏@stevehothersall
#lfc BR 'don't believe many more will leave, if any'

Rodgers: "Do the players who've left free up a whole lot of money for me? I don't believe so."

Srijandeep Das ‏@jeremy_LFC
BR: "We have made number of contacts and hopefully one or two will be coming, at the end of the day."

Rodgers: "There's no doubt we need to add goals to the team. Getting people who are recognised goalscorers to come in is the no 1 objective.

Rodgers: "It's very difficult to get deals done at this stage. As a manager, the earlier you can get things done the better."

Rodgers: "In the current climate it is difficult but I love being here and I'm used to working with limited resources."

Last edited by a moderator:

@JNorthcroft
Hearing as things stand Dempsey NOT going to Liverpool. Could change - but other options now being looked at for player. Might stay at FFC.

br9iw.jpg

Just found this on twitter and Huntelaar has reportedly landed in John Lennon airport this afternoon. I hope it's what I am thinking, I doubt he would go to Everton lol.

Ah it's fake then :( but a striker is coming no matter what...

Considering that Aston Villa offered 7m for Dempsey, means we don't even have 7m to offer Fulham. Shows how skint we have become thanks to the ridiculous transfer dealings of the last 2 years. Wish we could get a good striker before the end of the day. I dont think we need anymore midfield players.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
Have spoken to Luciano Davi at Internacional. Not expecting Leandro Damiao to sign for anyone in England at all today.

Kinda expected some incoming business to be done by now ...

Comoli and Dalglish have a lot to answer for.....

how much did they spend in the end? Im sure youll get many kenny fans talking about "net spend" but in all honesty they set the club back 5 years with the dross they bought in. Andy Carroll's transfer will go down in the history of football as the wost transfer ever!

How surprising, Spurs are after a player we're interested in (again). Now they've put in a bid for Dempsey.

how much did they spend in the end? Im sure youll get many kenny fans talking about "net spend" but in all honesty they set the club back 5 years with the dross they bought in. Andy Carroll's transfer will go down in the history of football as the wost transfer ever!

Yes. It's sad because dalgish was a genius in the famous red shirt but I wouldnt trust him with 10 euros when it comes to transfers.

Carroll is/was....lets be honest...a 35 million pounds donkey.

And dont get me started on downing...such a 1 dimensional player.

cant blame them, if we had the money we would have bought him earlier.

Actually seems like it might be rubbish made up by Sky. If we know Dempsey is set on us, I imagine we've made, or will make, a silly £3m take it or leave it offer later in the window.

How surprising, Spurs are after a player we're interested in (again). Now they've put in a bid for Dempsey.
If your beloved Kenny Dalglish hadnt wasted more than 100 M pounds, Rodgers would have had the funds to buy him a long time ago.

1911:

Hmmm, seems there is lots happening on Merseyside at the moment. Here's BBC Sport's Ben Smith with more on the Clint Dempsey situation: "Liverpool have made a bid for Dempsey, but below Fulham's valuation. Talks continue. Still a way to go."

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
We're hearing there will be NO incoming transfers at Liverpool tonight. Looks like the Clint Dempsey deal is off for good... #bbcfootball

Oh dear, a massive mistake in judgement by the club if we've got rid of half the squad without replacements.

Edit: LFC TV channel also saying highly unlikely any transfers will happen and Ayre on his way home. Could be Liverpool playing games but a mess if not. Two first team strikers? Really?

Last edited by a moderator:

There are 100s of midfielders around the world better than him which would have cost peanuts but Ken Dalglish believed in the 'buy british' policy which saw you end up 8th. Henderson, Adam, Downing, Carroll all horrible signings and everyone in football world knows it. Luckly for LFC Rodgers knows what he is doing, fantastic coach..

Look at Newcastle. Cabaye is superior player to Henderson....they dont play in CL. They are 'smaller' club than you.

I wanted you to name me better players in his position and age that are currently playing in Premier League, and explain why are they better..

Henderson is far from being horrible, you are very not objective...

I wanted you to name me better players in his position and age that are currently playing in Premier League, and explain why are they better..

Henderson is far from being horrible, you are very not objective...
Why do they have to play in the PL ? What is that nonsense that the PL is different and better than everything ? Anyway, the people that say that are not very smart so there goes its importance.

Henderson is not a horrible player. But, Henderston transfer for 20M is a horrible buy.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
We're hearing there will be NO incoming transfers at Liverpool tonight. Looks like the Clint Dempsey deal is off for good... #bbcfootball

Oh dear, a massive mistake in judgement by the club if we've got rid of half the squad without replacements.

Edit: LFC TV channel also saying highly unlikely any transfers will happen and Ayre on his way home. Could be Liverpool playing games but a mess if not. Two first team strikers? Really?
We should have bring at least Sturridge on loan, but we already had two strikers when Carroll was here so it is the same.
Carroll is a mediocre player made for horrible football and managers. He was never going to play under Rodgers even if every other striker was injured. He would have made something similar to what Barcelona did last year and put a midfielder as a foward before puting Carroll.

Back
Top Bottom