Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

any names come to mind? Off the top of my head id say stefan kiesling from leverkusen could come in and fit the system,pity berba's going to fulham

Still seems to be the same names we've been hearing, Walcott and Sturridge. Aubameyang also getting some mentions.

unbeliveable, i knew the misses will cost us..

Reina realy needs a QUALITY competition...

Hearts fans are amazing..

Henderson had a good game, some brilliant through-balls.

People expect players to be world class far too early in their careers these days. The likes of Henderson and Kelly are still young, plenty of time to improve.

Sorry i dont mean just tpnigt game, in general.

i remember seeing Henderson at Sunderland and didnt know what hype was for.

He is horrible player, clueless and lack intelligence to be great.

Kelly I don't know enough about I admit.

Do remember Hearts were opponent tonight Dags JT....he had plenty of stinkers last season in Liverpool shirt.

What has happened to Reina? Makes so many mistake these days.

We can't expect from Suarez to save our skin in every match and unlike last sunday tonight's match has been very poor for Liverpool.

I was particularly watching out 3 players: Allen, Gerrard and Downing.

Allen is worth every penny we paid for him, reminds me a lot of Modric and we have to be proud to have a guy like him in the squad.

My opinion about Gerrard remains the same after tonight, I think Rodgers should have the guts to bench him for one match at least to see how it works with Sahin in his position.

As for Downing he was quite impressive tonight, I just don't know how good he is defensively cos' against Hearts you can never know that. He kinda reminded me of Glen Johnson, an attacking-minded fullback and certainly his crosses were way much better than Jose Enriques'.

As someone pointed out already, the big test is the mediocre opposition. That's another night were we couldn't do the business.

During the season, I hope we learn how to put teams to bed.

He is horrible player, clueless and lack intelligence to be great.

Name what better players of his age playing in PL with more experience or more games played would you rate higher than him and explain why.

then name who of this players can we afford to bring or would have come to LFC realistically right now, or even tomorow.

i will wait.

Last edited:

Caroll be perfect for West Ham horrible style of football - hoof it to the big man.

He is made for the scrappy football (Carroll) but not the flare and vision of what Rodgers wants at LFC.

Terrible buy by Dalgish...just need to get rid of Downing and Adam now and you're on your way to better things.
Completely agree. Carroll and Allardyce style of play represent everything I hate in football.

Charlie Adam signed for Everton F.C 30th August 2012 for Undisclosed fee. He will wear the number 8 shirt previously worn by Jack Rodwell who is now playing for Manchester City

I'd much rather see him join Stoke than Everton to be honest, seems like it's gonna be a very busy day tomorrow for Liverpool, we need 2-3 players at least.

Henderson played well, he played some super through balls. I was very impressed with Shelvey's distribution as well. Gerrard was just average.
Allen was good, but not as good as on Sunday. Downing is a decent back-up to Enrique. Reina needs competition. His form has been poor for the last 2 seasons.

Suarez is not a great finisher although he rescued the draw, but he continues to keep missing chances and is always trying too hard. But he's our main source of creativity.

Hope we get a good striker, because goals are going to be a big problem for this team.

Would be surprised to see Sturridge since he is not known to be a great team player.

Henderson played well, he played some super through balls. I was very impressed with Shelvey's distribution as well. Gerrard was just average.
Allen was good, but not as good as on Sunday. Downing is a decent back-up to Enrique. Reina needs competition. His form has been poor for the last 2 seasons.

Suarez is not a great finisher although he rescued the draw, but he continues to keep missing chances and is always trying too hard. But he's our main source of creativity.

Hope we get a good striker, because goals are going to be a big problem for this team.

Would be surprised to see Sturridge since he is not known to be a great team player.
What Liverpool needs is a finisher not a team player.

The Times and Guardian saying we offered Henderson and cash to Fulham for Dempsey but they refused. I'd rather have Henderson, and surely FSG can just stump up £7m or so and just buy him?

I'm quite convinced that Henderson will be a very good player. I personally see him as one Englands biggest talents among the younger players.
Glad to read that Downing played a good match as LB too. It is never a good thing to write a new player off after his first season.

The Times and Guardian saying we offered Henderson and cash to Fulham for Dempsey but they refused. I'd rather have Henderson, and surely FSG can just stump up £7m or so and just buy him?

If Dempsey was a bit younger, they would have spent it. Seeing that they spent 10m on Borini who scores lesser goals but is younger.

Henderson is better than Adam, but he'll be limited to Cup games mostly. He may be ok with that, but I'm not sure Rodgers wants such expensive players as 2nd choice.

I hope Adam leaves, he's rumored to go to Stoke or Everton. Both perfect clubs for him.

I think Rodgers is getting a bit desperate now for strikers, and is hoping the board backs him on the last minute signings of Dempsey/Sturridge.

Let's hope we have some good news soon.

Rodgers said "I've been given as much confidence as I can possibly get that we will have someone to come in," the Liverpool manager said. "I've said all along that I have Luis Suárez and Fabio Borini as front-line strikers and the young lads like Adam Morgan are getting experience but between now and January I need more than that. Hopefully tomorrow we can do some work and get something complete because we certainly need it. I am hoping for one or two. We need one, that's for sure."

Last edited:

Dominic King ‏@DominicKing_DM
Daniel Sturridge on loan is most likely business but hopes of landing Clint Dempsey are evaporating; no money to complete the move.

Dominic King ‏@DominicKing_DM
A that would have seen Jordan Henderson go to Fulham was attempted but Henderson did not want to leave Anfield; Rodgers still wants Dempsey

Sounds like we really are skint. Unless the money is already planned out for Carroll's replacement, we might've just made a huge mistake in letting him go and not bringing another striker in.

Some talk of Sturridge on loan but that's not ideal. The fact that we've resigned ourselves to loan deals says a lot.

Or not committed to players that they don't want 100%

They maybe holding out for the right players unlike flops in the past

Villa have had a bid accepted for Clint Dempsey...

We can still hijack the move if we manage to match £7m offer that was accepted.
I can't believe we don't even have £7m for Dempsey, and I was hoping we'd sign Huntelaar or someone of his caliber. Silly me!

We can still hijack the move if we manage to match £7m offer that was accepted.
I can't believe we don't even have £7m for Dempsey, and I was hoping we'd sign Huntelaar or someone of his caliber. Silly me!

It's believed that Dempsey isn't really interested in Villa and it's just to try and make us actually put in a cash offer, it's expected we will.

We might actually have money, it's just that money might be tied up with another deal (Aubameyang possibly).

Hmmm...

Sami Mokbel ‏@SamiMokbel81_DM
#LFC weighing up Leandro Damiao. Been offered the option of season long loan at cost of £3m. Option to sign him on perm for £13m next summer

Sami Mokbel ‏@SamiMokbel81_DM
#LFC would need to make a quick decision on Damiao, though. Paperwork issues means completing deal would take longer than usual

DagsJT, do u think we'll sign a midfielder following the departures of Spearing and Adam or you think they were surplus to the requirements?

DagsJT, do u think we'll sign a midfielder following the departures of Spearing and Adam or you think they were surplus to the requirements?

No idea mate, I'm not privy to any inside info or anything, just copying here what I see mentioned in other places.

For what it's worth, I think Dempsey would be the midfielder he wanted but not sure we'll be after another midfielder otherwise. We've got Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Lucas, Shelvey and Henderson who can all play in the middle.

With that said, Rodgers has made it clear in his program notes etc that he thinks the squad is lacking so it doesn't make sense to let Spearing and Adam go but not at least replace them, if not bring in another player as well.

Back
Top Bottom