Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Heskey is past it now, but IMO he used to be a great player. Anybody old enough to remember Owen-Heskey? They were great but Owen got most credit for that...people were wrong, IMO Heskey was the better player...

You think Heskey was a better player than Owen? and by your own words labeled Owen World Class, what does that make Heskey?:CONFUSE:

The striker is rumoured to be Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at St Ettiene for £8m ...

Adam Morgan also expected to start tonight, great if it happens.

Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_
Expected #LFC team tonight: Reina; Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Downing; Henderson, Allen, Shelvey; Gerrard, Morgan, Suarez

No Spearing, Adam or Carroll ...

Last edited by a moderator:

You think Heskey was a better player than Owen? and by your own words labeled Owen World Class, what does that make Heskey?:CONFUSE:

It wouldn't be my first inconsistency. I should not have called Owen world class... :COOL:

It speaks volumes that Heskey fellow players (in the national team amongst others) always thought highly of him... One can be world class in different ways. World class is not always about technical skills.

Did Heskey actually score any goals??

apart from that 1 against germany for England once.

Tony Barrett on Twitter:

"Liverpool are set to sign Samed Yesil, an 18 year old forward, from Bayer Leverkusen for a fee in the region of £1 million"

"£1 million seems low to me for a player of Yesil's potential & reputation. That was the figure I was quoted but it could be higher."

I guess BR have been playing FM in the last weeks:P...

Clark Whitney ‏@Mr_Bundesliga
Rumours circling of Liverpool signing Yesil for £1m. 'Steal' is an understatement for a player of his talent. 56 goals in 63 apps since '10

Leverkusen are mad if they let Yesil go for just £1m - he's under contract until 2016 & there's no doubt that he'll appreciate before then

Yesil's scoring record is proof he's a great finisher, but he's v complete. Comfortable with the ball at his feet, very creative in the pass

Prob for Yesil is, he's 18 & not v big - he'd be moving to EPL, where size & strength are necessary for a CF. Needs time to mature in 2.BuLi

James Thorogood ‏@JMThorogood
Firstly this transfer is an absolute steal. #Yesil is one of the most promising German strikers around and has a true eye for goal.

#Yesil's not ready to jump into the first-team or anything, but his technical ability likely means he'll fit well w/ BR's philosophy. (2/3)

I will be eagerly watching to see if #Yesil fulfils his promise, but I reckon #LFC will be pleasantly surprised in a few years time. (3/3)

Sounds like he could be a good investment.

The striker is rumoured to be Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at St Ettiene for £8m ...

Adam Morgan also expected to start tonight, great if it happens.

No Spearing, Adam or Carroll ...

It's like my FIFA CM is coming true, I've bought him and he's good, whilst Fulham bought Berbatov....

Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_
Expected #LFC team tonight: Reina; Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Downing; Henderson, Allen, Shelvey; Gerrard, Morgan, Suarez

Downing's first run out at left-back?

I've watched Yesil during the U21 World Cup, very classy, a bit like Klose in his prime I might say. This guy, I think, is gonna be a hit. :)

Brilliant to see Carroll and Adam offloaded. Rodgers is focussed on building a technically strong and young squad. With the signings of Assaidi, Yesil, Sahin, Borini, Allen, and hopefully Dempsey, this will be exciting. Of course not forgetting the mystery striker :-)

BTW, Heskey in his prime was not bad. If anyone remembers from the 2001 treble season, Heskey scored 10+ goals that season and had a terrific partnership with Owen and would have created a fair no. of chances for Owen

if we get Dempsey, i think he is our "mistery" striker..

i doubt we buy another CF if we get Dempsey..

Just watched a video of this Turkish dude Yesil and well he doesn't look anything special, I may be wrong because YT videos are often misleading(I was over the moon when we signed Downing and Carroll).

I don't wanna see Carroll being loaned out, unless we sign a quick replacement for him and I don't think Dempsey will be the one to replace Carroll should he leave.
But a surprise on the Deadline Day would be more than welcomed, especially because tomorrow is my b-day and I gotta feeling I'll be getting a great gift, hopefully.

Last edited:

Yesil (if he becomes ours) is a player for our reserves, not the first team...he is just 18...

Carroll getting all of his wages paid by West Ham, saving us £5m-£6m over the season, whilst West Ham paid us £1m as a loan fee. No requirement to buy after the loan.

I imagine the money saved, and the loan fee, will now be used to bring in a replacement.

Caroll be perfect for West Ham horrible style of football - hoof it to the big man.

He is made for the scrappy football (Carroll) but not the flare and vision of what Rodgers wants at LFC.

Terrible buy by Dalgish...just need to get rid of Downing and Adam now and you're on your way to better things.

I hope Yesil turns out to be as good as other Turkish-German players such as Ozil, Sahin.
And apparently this guy seems to have played for Leverkusen's first team, I wonder whether he'll go straight in our first team or he'll train with the academy players?

I hope Yesil turns out to be as good as other Turkish-German players such as Ozil, Sahin.
And apparently this guy seems to have played for Leverkusen's first team, I wonder whether he'll go straight in our first team or he'll train with the academy players?

He's going to be in the academy/reserves for now.

Carroll getting all of his wages paid by West Ham, saving us £5m-£6m over the season, whilst West Ham paid us £1m as a loan fee. No requirement to buy after the loan.

I imagine the money saved, and the loan fee, will now be used to bring in a replacement.

hope we manage to make a similar deal for the english Messi...

How is any other Liverpool player supposed to get MOTM when Joe Allen plays? Such a classy player.

A1kfaAxCAAA3bhe.jpg

Seems West Ham do have an option to buy Carroll next summer after all.

Big 26 hours for Liverpool now, we clearly need to replace Carroll so hopefully we've got something lined up.

Last edited by a moderator:

A1kfaAxCAAA3bhe.jpg

Seems West Ham do have an option to buy Carroll next summer after all.

Big 26 hours for Liverpool now, we clearly need to replace Carroll so hopefully we've got something lined up.

any names come to mind? Off the top of my head id say stefan kiesling from leverkusen could come in and fit the system,pity berba's going to fulham

Back
Top Bottom