Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Borini is 21 and just started to play for LFC, on what merit would you rate him?

I watch him a lot at his previous clubs. Perhaps I was harsh on him but don't expect lots of goals from the man. And liverpool need clever tricky wingers in Rodgers system so don't understand Borini playing there ...but I guess when Downing is other option he has no choice.

Maybe we see Gerrard on right sterling on left when sahin plays?

I hope for the sake of the premier league that Gerrard can adapt to the new system, I hope that the whole team gels and pushes for the title. Because if they don't it's going to be the Manchester and Chelsea show for years to come.

The premier league needs the old big boys (Arsenal and Liverpool) to start firing and hope that it spurs on clubs like Newcastle and Tottenham to keep building on their clubs, in order for the league to grow and prosper, otherwise in 5-7 years City and Chelsea will be leagues ahead of everyone, even United won't be able to compete we will become anothe La Liga until the suga daddies get bored.

So I as a United fan, am making myself very very mad by wishing Liverpool all the best and hoping that they succeed.

Crazy idea, but why not try throwing Gerrard upfront? Since he doesn't seem to fit much into Rodger's new midfield system, and with the current lack of finishing, I'd actually try and push him up there with Suarez and Borini/Sterling on the wings. He's lost the pace obviously, he can hold the ball somewhat, he loves to shoot when the opportunity arises. I know it's crazy, but hey why not?

Crazy idea, but why not try throwing Gerrard upfront? Since he doesn't seem to fit much into Rodger's new midfield system, and with the current lack of finishing, I'd actually try and push him up there with Suarez and Borini/Sterling on the wings. He's lost the pace obviously, he can hold the ball somewhat, he loves to shoot when the opportunity arises. I know it's crazy, but hey why not?

I thought the same thing while watching the game the other day, it would take some time for him to adapt to not being box to box, but he could do the job.

It's not a bad idea, he has a great shot, and he can even head the ball well. But his crossing ability is probably the best in the team, and I think he will do even better on the right side of the front three.
The one big negative is his lack of pace, which is needed for this kind of position.
But I hope Rodgers does not put him in midfield, because he will not help us keep the ball.

With Lucas out for 2 months, maybe it will give Shelvey/Henderson a chance.

Apparently, Spearing has gone to Bolton for £3m which is a very good deal. Now we are looking to sell Adam too and if someone makes an offer of about £5m, he'll be gone.

So from their departure we would have £8m which will be enough for Clint Dempsey and we would still have some extra funds to buy a striker, Sturridge most likely.

Joe Cole might leave too as West Ham have shown interest for the player.

Last edited:

Eziz Allamov ‏@Ezizallamov
Liverpool, Schalke, and Spurs have a deal in place for Affelay - Mundo Deportivo's Deputy Director Miguel Rico.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Barcelona have agreements with Tottenham, Liverpool, and Schalke on a loan of Ibrahim Afellay (26). Player will make the final choice. [md]

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20120...ion-schalke-liverpool-novias_54341670432.html

Dominic King ‏@DominicKing_DM
Just to reiterate some bits elsewhere, there is no prospect of Joe Cole leaving @LFC to go back to #WHUFC before the transfer window closes

Last edited by a moderator:

Liverpool problem is loaning all these player. What happens if they all leave end of season and Liverpool havent qualified for CL again??

Question for the LFC supporter in here...do you think you will finish top 4 this season??

Why would Sturridge want to leave Chelsea for Liverpool...?

Playing time.

I saw earlier that we were preparing a £15m bid for Walcott. Walcott himself is interested but Arsenal are holding out for £20m.

Now news is coming out from various journalists that Walcott has refused a contract extension and could be set to leave this week.

So Dembele to spurs for £15m if we
didn't get Sahin would have been a great signing.

The guys transformation from ST/WF to really great ball carrying & tackling
box to box midfielder has been easy one.

Apparently City interested in Walcott, Sinclair deal has stalled. Won't be suprised
if we end up with Sinclair.

I hope we don't sign Sinclair because Sterling is potentially better than him and we also have Assaidi to play in that position.
We desperately need a striker who can score like a fool and just read somewhere that we are being linked with Huntelaar.
He may not be the best striker(he's very average at times tbh) but once he gets the chance, he puts the ball on the damn net unlike Suarez and the rest..

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph
Liverpool only club to have made an inquiry to Arsenal for Walcott...but Man City also interested

Liverpool problem is loaning all these player. What happens if they all leave end of season and Liverpool havent qualified for CL again??

Question for the LFC supporter in here...do you think you will finish top 4 this season??

If Liverpool qualify for CL with a few loan players there is no problem... It shows that Roger's system works, and encourages the owners to trust his eye for talent and open the funds for bonafide purchases.

Obviously, Liverpool wouldn't want to lose those players after 1 season... but the benefit of making 4th place would mitigate the losses.

If Liverpool qualify for CL with a few loan players there is no problem... It shows that Roger's system works, and encourages the owners to trust his eye for talent and open the funds for bonafide purchases.

Obviously, Liverpool wouldn't want to lose those players after 1 season... but the benefit of making 4th place would mitigate the losses.

Totally makes sense. Without much funds, you can't sign many players, so the next best thing is to get them on loan. If they succeed, then Rodgers is given a lot more money in the summer.
If it's a failure, then we have'nt wasted money like we did on C-H-A-D.

Did anyone read this? Downing is being told to become a left-back. Did'nt know whether to laugh or cry. That is one expensive left-back !!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/28/brendan-rodgers-stewart-downing-liverpool

And see an article from Dalglish, with subtle defense of his signing of Carroll and subtle criticism of tiki-taka.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kenny-dalglish-column-on-marouane-fellaini-1278375

Last edited:

smart post.

Ya reckon Walcott will add something good for Liverpool Dagsy?

He'd add goals and assists. I saw some stats earlier that Walcott gets some abuse from Arsenal fans but his assist rate is actually pretty high.

We need players who aren't scared to shoot and actually have a go. Suarez and Gerrard have really only been the players that fit into that, the others seemed a bit afraid of actually getting into the final third and crossing or shooting. Sterling is like a breathe of fresh air with his willingness to attack and not sit off and let someone else try it.

If we had the likes of Walcott, Sturridge, Assaidi, Suarez, Affelay, Borini, etc etc ... then they're the kind of players who WANT to get into attacking spaces to assist/score.

As opposed to Downing who seems petrified at the mere sight of the 18 yard box.

We just need some hunger in attack and Walcott would offer that at least.

Back
Top Bottom