Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

i imagine we will make now moves out, and about the sallary to Sahin.. agree with Dags, you can´t look on players sallary´s...we have Joe Cole who is on high sallary playing nothing and if Sahin can get us higher or even compete for top 4, it´s money worth it...

i don´t see a difference between if we bought Sahin or player of his status for 4-5 seasons deal worth 25 mil. than what we payed for him for having him for a season..it is the same money wise. It is a good for everyone... if he helps us get top 4 or win a trophy, we will not regret and maybe will be in position to bid for him if real don´t want him back, just as we did with Mascherano.. if he turns out shite, we will thank him and send him back and buy someone else...

in the end of the day, we got a fantastic player for not much money and we can think of other stuff in the next transfer window..

other things around the transfers are not important, it is only a season loan, but it´s a move in for a quality player that will make more difference than having Cole, Adam and Spearing sitting on bench and taking more sallary together than Sahin... those, especially Cole´s deal was stupid, not Sahins..

So 5m basically for one season is not bad for Sahin. Given that we spent 35m on Carroll, 20m on Downing, who have provided next to nothing and we have a tough time selling. We basically have 2 teams now. One for the PL and one for the Cups. Players like Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Shelvey, Cole, Sterling, Assaidi will be on the bench.
If we get Dempsey, then I'm hoping Downing also becomes 2nd choice.

BTW, that Suarez interview was interesting. It probably explains why he's missing so many chances. He's just too wound up and trying too hard. He needs the pressure taken off him. Players like Gerrard and Downing need to step up. Borini is still new and being played out of position so we can't expect too much from him unless he's up front.

Last edited:

Well, BBC says £115k a week that`s a liitle too much for Wenger, but Liverpool spending power is always bigger than Arsenal , regardless of your position n smaller stadium.

It says we offered to pay a proportion, not the whole wage. We're not paying the whole £115k per week.

We offered 70% of the wage, Arsenal offered 60% and wanted a buy clause of £14m at the end of the year loan, which Madrid declined.

Still the possibility of Sturridge and/or Dempsey coming too. Squad would be pretty good if they go through.

Last edited by a moderator:

welcome...

424180_10151253154717573_1146426107_n.jpg

Did you speak with Xabi Alonso before you decided to come here?

Yes, of course. A lot of times. Xabi is a person who really cares about football. He's in love with football. I'm the same, and that's why we had a lot of conversations. When I arrived at Real Madrid, we spoke about German football and Italian football. He likes football! When he heard Liverpool were interested in me, he started telling me about Liverpool. He is still in love with Liverpool Football Club, I think! It's crazy how he was telling me about Liverpool. He was saying, 'Go there, you will love it. The fans will take care of you and love you' and things like that. He said Anfield is the best stadium in the world. Xabi won a lot of trophies here, and hopefully we can do that too.

thanks Xabi, hopefully see you soon again :)

Last edited:

Sahin is excellent loan move but £5m for a year is silly money for a player you won't be keeping unless you reach CL...

Anyway really looking forward to Liverpool v Man City game today, I predict a 1-1 draw.

Jsus, do people just want to complain and complain?! Joe Cole is costing the club 5mil a year.....and has now cost about 10mil for doing sod all. So a few of you would rather the club spend 5mil a year on wages and another 15-20mil in transfer fees.....to get Sahin for 4 or 5 years. Without knowing whether he will be more Alonso or more Cole, Aquilani? So you would rather the club risk 35 to 45 million over his contract, instead of 5 with a decent chance that if he likes it he will want to stay. Honestly, can some of you engage your brains for a couple of seconds before posting? You guys dont happen to be in banking, do you?

I hope we manage a good result today, but if i see Carra playing instead of Coates today, i´m going to think Rodgers realy has no balls to drop Carra and that would be sad.

our team against City apparently:

-------------- Reina ---------------

Kelly -- Skrtel -- Coates -- Johnson

-------- Lucas ----- Allen ---------

Sterling ----- Gerrard ------ Suarez

--------------- Borini --------------

Jsus, do people just want to complain and complain?! Joe Cole is costing the club 5mil a year.....and has now cost about 10mil for doing sod all. So a few of you would rather the club spend 5mil a year on wages and another 15-20mil in transfer fees.....to get Sahin for 4 or 5 years. Without knowing whether he will be more Alonso or more Cole, Aquilani? So you would rather the club risk 35 to 45 million over his contract, instead of 5 with a decent chance that if he likes it he will want to stay. Honestly, can some of you engage your brains for a couple of seconds before posting? You guys dont happen to be in banking, do you?

Yep, people complain that we're not signing big name players without thinking that we're not in the CL so will always struggle to sign those players. So we go and get one on loan ... and they still complain.

Not too confident about todays game, I think we're still getting used to Rodgers' new system and it might be a case of playing City too soon for us. Very pleased to see Sterling given another chance.

Also:

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
Rodgers in #lfc programme: 'While I am happy with the quality in the squad it is still a small one & we need to add numbers to it'

Will be a good test for sterling, havent seen much of him so far, and dont espect him to be great today. But it will be good for his development.

Opta Sports ‏@OptaJoe
24y 364d - Today is Liverpool's youngest starting XI in the Premier League since December 2003 vs Newcastle. Revolution

Excellent performance so far. Started off a bit negative happy to just play counter attack but once we turned the pressure up, it was much better.

Great to see our passing and moving, confidence getting higher and some nice bits of play. Sterling looks like he's already had a season of first team football, just looks so composed. Hugely impressed with Allen too, you don't see many players as good as retaining possession and playing the ball around like he does.

Eziz Allamov ‏@Ezizallamov
Joe Allen first-half stats: 100% pass accuracy (21/21), 100% long ball accuracy (2/2), 2 interceptions, 1 chance created.

we can win this, our movement is fantastic..allen is a new alonso.

great goal by that "average" defender... LMAO.

proud of Sterling, Shelvey, Kelly and Borini..they are all huge talents..

Allen superb love that player.

Sterling already looks 10 times better than downing!

Liverpool lool better under Rodgers already, better tactics and signings than Dalglish

ANOTHER lapse in concentration. The pass was unacceptable by Skrtel, just plain stupid.

Really pleased with the overall performance. Two daft mistakes but otherwise we played very well. Promising signs to see how we could be playing in a few months time when new signings settle in that bit more.

And that was without Agger and Lucas, who I hope isn't injured too badly. Sahin still to come too.

fucking hell, what a mistake....like a 15 year old player... fumming here..we could have won this.

i feel positive though, to many very young players played a great match.. Coates, Kelly, Shelvey, Sterling and Borini are all not older than 21 years..wich is great and they were not worse than the oposite champions players...

the draw hurts especially becouse we handed them both their goals..

the signs are there though of what rodgers and the players can do this season,i feel robbed but at least pride has been restored. Cant see carragher playing much this season after coates playing so well

Back
Top Bottom