Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

He could do that a couple years back, I don't think he'd be up for it now. Was he that bad on Saturday? Id think he'd still be your best bet playing at the top of a midfield three/behind the CF with Dempsey coming off the left.

He could do that a couple years back, I don't think he'd be up for it now. Was he that bad on Saturday? Id think he'd still be your best bet playing at the top of a midfield three/behind the CF with Dempsey coming off the left.

I think the midfield three will probably be Lucas, Allen and Sahin now. Gerrard still has that burst of pace, a good cross and shooting to still work as a RF, I think anyway.

where would Dempsey play then?

Not too sure on that, I've been wondering that myself. I really can't see Gerrard being dropped though.

At the same time, I can't see Lucas, Allen or Sahin being subs either.

Good to have that problem though, been a while since we had a good enough squad to wonder who fits in where.

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho
Sahin won't be involved for #LFC against Man City on Sunday. Deal in place but medical won't be completed until tomorrow.

£2m loan fee. No fixed fee at the end but a gentleman's agreement that we have first refusal.

Sahin could be a great signing - if you can get him for 'keeps'. I personally really dislike the whole loaning of established players, but you didn't make the system.

I wonder if there have been too many signings this summer for 'pool. Often hard to fit everyone in and gel. Could be better settled next year.

Sahin could be a great signing - if you can get him for 'keeps'. I personally really dislike the whole loaning of established players, but you didn't make the system.

I wonder if there have been too many signings this summer for 'pool. Often hard to fit everyone in and gel. Could be better settled next year.

we need top 4, with Sahin it´s more possible than with Adam...after the loan if we reach our goal, we can buy him or players that are not interested right now, just becouse we don´t play CL..it´s win win situation, Sahin will play, Real will have a better player back, we might benefit from his play... noone looses.

I'd be very surprised if we get top four this year, maybe next but it's too much too soon in my opinion.

I'd be very surprised if we get top four this year, maybe next but it's too much too soon in my opinion.

i don´t expect top 4 either, i´m just against people who think that LFC is not a club to accept loan deals for other top clubs players..

we are in that position right now that any quality is needed for better chance to reach our goal..

So Adam Johnson has signed for Sunderland in a bargain £10m deal.
I can't believe we paid double the price for Downing when Johnson is xxxx times better.
The reason why he joined Sunderland is probably because Liverpool didn't make a bid for him :((

Great news about the Sahin loan, he will make the team better...now i realy wonder what will be done about Gerrard...

midfield of Lucas - Allen - Sahin could be a great one for Rodgers style..

we still need a striker and sorting out the left back..

Can somebody give me a few details on Sahin's deal e.g. the fee we paid to land him, his weekly salary and whether there is an option on the contract to make the deal permanent and if yes how much do we have to pay to keep Sahin at Anfield, because I'd be very disappointed if he leaves after an impressive first season with Liverpool as I consider him the ideal player to fill in Alonso's shoes??

we pay 70% of his Madrid sallary, i don´t know how much we payed but i heard together for the move and sallary it´s 5 mil. pounds to make him our player for a season.. after that i don´t know if we have option to buy him or not..

basicly if Madrid want him to come back they take him, if not, we see if we will have the position to say in to that and if he would want to continue with us..

it remindes me on Maschrano loan, then we also took the advantage and signed him...but Real is not West Ham United with all respect...

No option to buy, which is why Arsenal walked away. We've got a gentleman's agreement on first refusal but no official option.

From what I've read, we're paying £2m to loan him and 70% of his wages works out at £5m.

No option to buy, which is why Arsenal walked away. We've got a gentleman's agreement on first refusal but no official option.

From what I've read, we're paying £2m to loan him and 70% of his wages works out at £5m.

so 7mil on a loan deal,why not just buy dempsey or johnson for 10mil,that sounds like a stupid deal for liverpool now

so 7mil on a loan deal,why not just buy dempsey or johnson for 10mil,that sounds like a stupid deal for liverpool now

Because that £10m isn't including wages like you've just done. We paid £2m for Sahin, a lot cheaper than £10m for Johnson. Add Johnson's wages and you could be talking £13m using that logic. Dempsey still expected to join us too.

Another way of looking at it. Say we spend £10m on Johnson and he's another Downing who doesn't work out. Then we've spent a lot and will struggle to sell him. We have Sahin for a low fee for a year. If he doesn't work out, never mind. But if he does then we can make an offer knowing he's less of a risk having already had a good season. Win win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well if Sahin picks up an injury or struggles to adapt in EPL then it's 7mil wasted but I doubt that will happen so it's a good deal.
I just wish we had the option to buy him at the end of the season because he has all the attributes to be a Kop idol and then seeing him leave at the end will be hard for me but I wouldn't mind it just in case we finish 3rd or 4th.

Since when do people add wages onto costs of a transfer? You never hear of actual transfers being X amount with wages factored in, just the transfer fee. I'm not sure why the sudden interest in wages adding into a total fee now. Bizarre.

Well, BBC says £115k a week that`s a liitle too much for Wenger, but Liverpool spending power is always bigger than Arsenal , regardless of your position n smaller stadium.

Back
Top Bottom