Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

wM8IS.png

I can't believe how we missed on him, he was so close to signing for us but from a neutral point of view I think he made the right decision. Arsenal looks like a very exciting team to watch now.

Sahin made the right move, Arsenal are in the CL, and he will get first team football.

Good to hear Spearing will be gone, we have way too many players in midfield. If Adam is also sold, that would be perfect. Leaving only Shelvey and Henderson as the two backups which are good enough.

I hope we get a good target man, that Suarez can play off.

agree with comment above, i realised this watching Tottenham vs. Newcastle, both who i think have better or at least not worse squads than LFC. I´m not even mentioning Manchester teams and Chelsea with Arsenal.

You'll be more optimistic after you beat us on wednesday

You'll be more optimistic after you beat us on wednesday

yeah, Carra playing against Tevez and Aguero, i can´t wait...

no realy, i don´t care if we beat big teams if we slip against WBA to be honest... i had enough of this last season..

we might beat you, but this squad needs a top CF or else we will end up best at six place...

yeah, Carra playing against Tevez and Aguero, i can´t wait...

no realy, i don´t care if we beat big teams if we slip against WBA to be honest... i had enough of this last season..

we might beat you, but this squad needs a top CF or else we will end up best at six place...

Exactly, but can't see us beating City. We'll probably create a few chances, but end up losing or drawing.

I think even Newcastle have a stronger squad than Liverpool at the moment lads but thats the great thing about football... you just never know. Who could have predicted the way the league was won last season and the Champions League? I got both of them wrong.

Newcastle very good side as they prove against man utd and liverpool last season....

it will take time for Rodgers system and ethos to be implemented and Pool fans will have to be patient but unfortunately it will only be matter of time before they start chanting for the return of Benitez

Rodgers is the right man to turn it around,he just needs time and a few more players in. have faith lads it will get better.

its Benitez's fault were in this state, buying all that shite in to be squad players and selling the only work class player we had,all he cared about was the 1st 11 and he had no clue about how to build a full strong in all positions 25 man squad

Last edited:

To be fair, we had a decent first half against WBA, I think Gera's shot was their only one on target in the first half? Once Agger was sent off, it was always an uphill battle and the match was similar to the Tottenham match last season. Kind of a freak result, I don't expect this to happen again.

I think you's lack the quality to challenge for the top 4 this season Dagsy. I would get ready for some more disappointment unless more Quality players are brought in.

From what ive seen of Shelvey I dont think he is good enough. Nor is Charlie Adam or Henderson.

I think you's lack the quality to challenge for the top 4 this season Dagsy. I would get ready for some more disappointment unless more Quality players are brought in.

From what ive seen of Shelvey I dont think he is good enough. Nor is Charlie Adam or Henderson.

I agree about Adam but it's to early to make a judgement on Henderson and Shelvey.
I always take Lucas as an example, he was the player I hated the most a few years ago but look at him now.
I gotta feeling the same will happen with both Henderson and Shelvey.

But if Spearing turns out to be that good, I'll jump off the second floor.

Last edited:

Henderson is a poor player...he looks lost on the football field, very overrated English midfielder like a lot of english player

Steve Bruce didnt even rate him from what I have read on various football forums and blogs.

Adam and Spearing are terrible, not even Premier League footballer.

Suarez, Lucas, Gerrard, Reina your best players, quality that would get in most sides...

Borini will take time to settle but is very talented...love the looks of Joe Allen.

Skrtel had good season last time but I have seen very poor game from him time and time again in past, he is not a Kompany or Vidic.

Agger is good footballing centre back, I think underrated by everyone and Liverpool do well to keep him I love that player. Johnson is fine player, Enrique also good but finished last season poorly.

Manager is the right man too and will bring good times back to liverpool but I fear he wont be given time in this dog-eat-dog world of modern day football :(

Last edited:

Rodgers is the right man to turn it around,he just needs time and a few more players in. have faith lads it will get better.

its Benitez's fault were in this state, buying all that shite in to be squad players and selling the only work class player we had,all he cared about was the 1st 11 and he had no clue about how to build a full strong in all positions 25 man squad

i think Benitez should be remembered only in good way, since we were realy at our best position under him for years...most of the players we rely on today are his signings, and they were very cheap for that time mostly.. he did some mistakes, but still we were a CL team playing in two finals under him..

btw, Skrtel signed a long term contract today, good news imho.. now hope the same for Agger.

Last edited:

watching everton tonight and i think we can add them to the top 4 challengers to liverpool champions league place with arsenal newcastle and spurs

Spearing on his way out, either Bolton on loan or Notthingham Forrest i read...

i don´t think Spearing isn´t good for the bench tbh, i like us to have more depth at DM position, despite we bought Allen...

i rather see Adam, Downing and Cole move out before Spearing..the reasons are that Spearing is local lad + his sallary is not that high... but if he is promissed more playing time outside LFC, then good luck to him..

I'm a local lad and I'd play for £10 a game, but that shouldn't mean I get to play for Liverpool surely?

I get sick of hearing people blaming Benitez, when they forget that it was under him that we were regular CL contenders, something we have struggled to even qualify for since he left. Sure he made mistakes, but he was the most successful manager since 1990 for LFC.

Spearing is an average player, and can do well at the likes of Bolton. It will be good for his growth.

I am more worried about the CF position. We really don't have a natural goalscorer.

I get sick of hearing people blaming Benitez, when they forget that it was under him that we were regular CL contenders, something we have struggled to even qualify for since he left. Sure he made mistakes, but he was the most successful manager since 1990 for LFC.

Spearing is an average player, and can do well at the likes of Bolton. It will be good for his growth.

I am more worried about the CF position. We really don't have a natural goalscorer.

i know rafa was sucessful,he just didnt move to buy players when all the other teams around liverpool did from 2008. it was easy to come top 4 during 2004-08

Spearing did ok last year for his powers when he had to cover for Lucas most of the time.. all i´m saying is we don´t have a true DM left other than Lucas in our squad, after we let Spearing go.. i hate to even predict such thing but imagine Lucas get´s injury...that will leave us with Henderson and Allen in our midfield..

I expect Adam to be gone + Gerrard looks shaky sometimes.. Shelvey will probably replace his position once Gerrard is on bench..

but in that scenario we are out of midfield players with defensive skills for the bench..

we need another CM-DM player if we let Spearing go...

Spearing did ok last year for his powers when he had to cover for Lucas most of the time.. all i´m saying is we don´t have a true DM left other than Lucas in our squad, after we let Spearing go.. i hate to even predict such thing but imagine Lucas get´s injury...that will leave us with Henderson and Allen in our midfield..

I expect Adam to be gone + Gerrard looks shaky sometimes.. Shelvey will probably replace his position once Gerrard is on bench..

but in that scenario we are out of midfield players with defensive skills for the bench..

we need another CM-DM player if we let Spearing go...

I see your point. If only we could get rid of Adam and Henderson, both cost
a total of 20-25m, a total waste.

Looks like we are favorites to get Adam Johnson
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-rodgers-given-financial-backing-8063420.html

Still no news of a striker, which means Carroll will stay and be backup to Suarez, which I think is a bad idea since neither can score many goals.

i thought Adam Johnson is Sunderland bound..

We desperately need a goal scorer, Carroll isn´t one yet..he can be considered one just becouse he wears n.9, he has to prove he can score and we didn´t replaced Torres since he was sold...sadly.

Suarez is not a CF, he is very good player for SS position but he needs a "Cavani".

i thought Adam Johnson is Sunderland bound..

We desperately need a goal scorer, Carroll isn´t one yet..he can be considered one just becouse he wears n.9, he has to prove he can score and we didn´t replaced Torres since he was sold...sadly.

Suarez is not a CF, he is very good player for SS position but he needs a "Cavani".

We are not being linked to any strikers as far as the news goes
which is a bit shocking considering how bad our scoring rate has been
last season.
And we lost Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy who were 3 decent contributors to goals/assists.

Dempsey seems to be in limbo, so not sure what is going on

Borini can play up front, but he seems a bit small to lead the line.
But he seems to have good finishing.

Last edited:

I think Rodgers just started from nowhere so you must give him so time a team isn't built in a day or two.

For the striker part, I'm sure he'll not buy any considering the assist skill that Suarez and Assaidi have.

Players like Carroll, Giroud, Berbatov, Chamakh and so on need some great left backs and wingers.Without them they can't be good.

But still Carroll have to gain trust again which will be hard as Borini is in a great shape and doesn't "need" some winger help to score.

All in all, just wait for the transfer market to be closed then we can see what Liverpool has to offer in term of football.

Back
Top Bottom