Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Maybe we'll try to attack a bit more, keeping the ball, rather than playing counter-attack?

We're getting up there only when WBA lose the ball. And then Suarez is mostly isolated, with Gerrard around at times to pick up the loose balls. Nobody else really scrapping for possession, seemingly happy to give it up for the sake of 1-touch passing where half the time nobody has been on the end of the pass. Borini also a shadow on the pitch, Downing more effective.

Maybe the nerves will go now, WBA will back off a bit and we can actually start passing the ball around with some patience instead of charging up front, hitting in hope to Suarez, then rinse and repeating.

Interesting stat@

Opta Sports ‏@OptaJoe
97% - Joe Allen completed 97% of his passes (34/35) for Liverpool in the first half vs WBA. Precise.

Allen has been pretty solid, reminds me a lot of Henderson.

Last edited by a moderator:

Based on our performance so far I can say that we should sign a cover for Johnson, Kelly is just not good enough.
We also should sign Dempsey, Borini is invisible at times, he needs to get more involved.
And the thing I hoped we would change from the last season is just happening... We are relying too much on Suarez even though he's not a classic nr.9 , he should always play behind the main striker but unfortunately we don't have such a striker(Actually we do, but he's worthless).

Sigh.

So ... same as last season then? No desire, determination, aggression, concentration, poor passing and Suarez on his own.

Last edited by a moderator:

well at least thats the 1st loss out of the way

Liverpool have conceded four penalties in their last four Premier League games against West Brom.

Joe Allen looks far more settled than I'd expect, more so than most of the rest of the team. His composure and passing ability puts the other players to shame mostly, looks a lot more classy in his play.

Everyone else kinda running around in hope.

suarez good player but wastes far too many chances, Liverpool wont get top 4 without striker who can score 15/20 goals a season

Joe Cole. Two appearances, two injuries? We're paying £100k a week to a player who lasts 6 mins before pulling an injury.

I dont think Liverpool will get relegated gabe!

But they wont win the PL for a good 10 years or more, not with Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea being around...

then Arsenal and Spurs will only get better...

only time Liverpool have hope of winning the league anytime soon is if sugar daddy buys them and they get manager like Mourinho, Ferguson or Capello

Is Borini a good finisher? We haven't learnt from last season that Suarez isn't a natural striker and we need someone who'll take the chances he got.

Watched Borini a lot at Roma - no he isnt dags sorry to say :(

he's not a rush or fowler put it that way.

PIPA, this is why I dont post on RAWK much anymore

Hope the injury to cole is a bad one. He can fuck off.

how can someone say that about own player? Disgraceful.

oh dear oh dear... I expected better from that game. Watched the stream of it whilst waitin for Newcastle later.

I know they went down to 10 men but they looked poor and completely devoid of ideas. Suarez was the only glimmer of light from that game.

It would be worth a bet that Liverpool will have their worst start to a season ever with the upcoming matches. The WBA match and sunderland away were the best chances of getting some decent points. Possesoin footie wont work against anyone if you lose possesion with pretty pointless passes halfway in the opposition half. Gerrard was terrible today, allen looked very comfortable, and had a few good forward passes aswell. Lucas looks like how he did when he first started playing, but thats understandable. Suarez was the same as last season, downing the same. Borini...? Not sure. Didnt see much of him but he surely had the assist if Suarez could actually finish a chance. Oh well, next season will be our year!

Goodness me, what a terrible result and limp 2nd half display. Suarez is never going to be the main striker scoring 20-25 goals. Gerrard keeps losing the ball, man is he going to get exposed in this passing system. Allen looked good at times. Kelly was woeful. We need a decent left-back as cover to Enrique, we cant have Johnson on the left, and Downing on the right. When they have to cross the ball, chances are high they will mishit it. Downing is not going to do much in this system, at his age he is not going to improve. Afraid the damage has been done last year with the crazy money spent on crap players, now we dont have the money or the clout to attract top/good players.

Honeymoon period for Rodgers is over, look at our next 5 fixtures. Unless we can get a good striker in the next 2 weeks, it's looking bleak.

Last edited:

I'm sure if we bring in Sahin, and bench Gerrard things will look better.
I know we need a captain like Gerrard on the pitch but the matter and the fact is that he's past his best days.

I hope this will serve as a reality check for Rodgers in order to bring in at least 2-3 other signings, a prolific goal scorer is a must.

It was an embarrassing afternoon today, I had huge expectations but in the end my team became a laughing stock for all my friends.

C'mon lads. I know it isn't the best start to the season, but it's still the first game. Friendlies aren't the same as EPL matches. Just give it a couple games in. Let it all sink in.

I haven`t seen the highlights , I`ll wait until MOTD ,but once I knew DowD was in charge I knew 2 penalty that probably weren`t and a sending off. Is typical of Dowd :RANT:

Back
Top Bottom