Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

what i learned after today´s game..

Sterling won´t go anywhere imho, he will be part of the team for next season, possibly a substitute against WBA already.

Coates still is not first choice, despite him being realy amazing for his age..he still has to learn.

Adam probably played last game for the club, not that he is a bad player, but Shelvey, even Spearing will do the work.

Spearing is going to stay, he is a good player, good at pressing and nice option for squad.

Carroll played a lot better today, good movement, but i think he is isolated in this system..he needs passes as he recieved and scored from today, he needs playing up front together with someone. I think it´s 50/50 if he stayes or will be sold...

good game overall, we look sharp and ready..

edit: one more thing, Kelly is a Right back..a good one and i don´t want him to play CB becouse of this fact..he is quick and very good at defending for this position.. good competition for Johnson..

I saw exact same post on RAWK yesterday in the post match thread :CONFUSE:

liverpool look good in new system, rodgers will prove to be an excellent appointment he is much talented coach than Dalglish who didnt really know what he was doing in charge IMO.

still too many poor players adam is terrible, Henderson a midtable PL player, Spearing a lower league player, Gerrard at end of his best days, Agger probably going to City or club with CL football, Borini will find it tough against the better sides, downing is awful (dalglish signings ruined Liverpool)

I like looks of Shelvy and Sterling will be an excellent player but will Liverpool keep him when big clubs come sniffing around?

I love rodgers 4 3 3 system, really works well. Allen is a shrewd signing, keeps posesion very well.

Last edited:

Rory Smith (on Agger to #MCFC & his replacements) - "I think there is still a good chance of Agger going. Liverpool want £27m (either straight up or £24m plus Johnson on loan for a year) and City want to pay about £20m (or £17m plus Johnson for a year). I would guess the two will come to an arrangement somewhere around half-way, and I wish they'd get on with it. As for replacements, I would expect them to sign a defender. Who? I have no idea. I would suggest Howedes, Sakho, N'Koulou and Alderweireld would all be about right, price-wise etc (or even Dodo, the Brazilian lad), but would expect them to end up paying £46m for Ashley Williams."

Rory Smith (on Gaston Ramirez to #LFC ) - "I don't think it's true. It looks to me like Bologna getting desperate."

Rory Smith (on Dempsey, #LFC wide options, Sahin) - "Right, so the Liverpool situation is this: I think they'll get Dempsey, eventually. I suspect Adam may well go in part-ex to Fulham. Liverpool do want Sahin, and it seems to have cooled a bit for him to Arsenal. I would also expect them to go for another wide player - that'll be either Johnson on loan or possibly Walcott. I don't understand why Barca would decide that Alex Song is the thing they're missing. He's good, but he's not Barcelona good. Sahin would, I presume, be one of the central midfield three at either club."

Rory Smith (on Carroll) - "Carroll has the air of a £16m Aug 31 sale to me. No idea why. I'd keep him, as another option. He is no worse than Danny Graham. And Danny Graham's quite good." #LFC

Paul Rogers (Head Of Content for Liverpool) has just started following Nuri Sahin on Twitter, also posted this a few days ago:

Paul Rogers ‏@PaulRogersLFC
Judging by some of the hysterical comments on here, you'd think transfer window had already shut. 1 possible signing sounds very exciting

@Shunter77 also follows Sahin.He too only follows #LFC players past/present.

Also:

Eziz Allamov ‏@Ezizallamov
Daniel Agger has told Liverpool that he will refuse any offers from Man City because of his loyalty to the club. (EkstraBladet)

Last edited by a moderator:

Becouse i post my thoughts here after the match and copyed them there.. why to write them again? :)

You member on there I take it? I am sprry you make a fair point there.

I am also on RAWK but keep quiet as if we say anything negative about liverpool or dqlglish or players thwb get banned. It is like north Korea on there!

I like other team forums though they welcome supporters from different club.

walcott has no football brain he is just about pace

still better than downing though although thats not saying much!

The Times saying we've offered Skrtel a 4-year contract.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
Ramirez's agent Betancourt:"We had meetings with agents close to Liverpool management.But after that Liverpool didn't make any bid".

Ramirez's agent Betancourt:"The only concrete bid from England came from Tottenham:16m €,but they offered too low wages to the player"

Ramirez's agent Betancourt:"Deal w/ Tottenham didn't happen only cause of salary.Gaston won't leave Bologna if salary stays pretty the same"

Ramirez's agent Betancourt:"But we are aware that Tottenham might raise the salary offer if Modric will be sold to Real Madrid.We stand-by"

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
@GetLFCNews Tello interest is serious. That loan deal is closer than Sahin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hopefully Skrtel signs, he is a key player and after Suarez, Shelvey and Allen long term contracts i hope Skrtel and Agger will sign one as well..

From Danish media via the MF:

Agger wants to stay:

"I haven't been asked how I feel about everything by the club. It's not up to me to discuss whether that is strange or not. That's how the club has decided it's going to be. I can't do anything about it"

"We have this period (transfer window) every year but I'm taking things easy and with a smile. I've not heard anything from the club so far so there's no reason for me to be worried."

"I know there has been interest from Manchester City, but I don't know how Liverpool are responding to it"

"I am fine with my situation. The club will have to find out what they want to do. I've heard nothing from them. I'd rather stay but that decision is not up to me at the moment"

"Yes, Liverpool can do a deal even though I have two years on my contract. But no, I haven't changed my mind on the subject. Some times you can end up in a position where it's not your decision"

"I don't want to be somewhere I am not wanted but I would prefer if they want me to stay. That is my first priority"

And on the YNWA tattoo:

"It has nothing to do with that [a potential transfer to Man City]. I like what the words mean. Of course it has something to do with the club. The club and the people mean a lot to me, but what the words means in themselves is that you have stop to think once in a while that no matter how dark things look, we are never alone. That's something I want my kids to know as well."

Last edited:

Martin was named the captain of Slovak national team today, players woted for him over Hamsik..

6pJrS.jpg

nice to see both Agger and Skrtel as captains of their countries...

Denmark will host Slovakia in tomorows friendly game in Odense..both players should start.

Herein lies the problem, however. The player would prefer to join Arsène Wenger's team in Arsenal. The offer from the Gunners and the chance to play alongside footballers like Robin Van Persie or even Santi Cazorla, appeals to the Turk. However, Madrid's manager sees Liverpool as ideal. Mourinho has his reasons for that.

http://www.marca.com/en/index.html

I assume it`s not the players ,but the fact Wenger speaks German. I`m sure Rodgers didn`t phone him ,like Wenger did. So, I think we lost the chance due ,because Mou rather deal w/ Pool and No CL threat. Tello is a good loan deal , he just demand to play every game which is laughable.

Hey lads, I wish your club would give Joe Allen money for RvP. I don't want to see him go to the scum, would much rather he went to Anfield. That is all.

Hey lads, I wish your club would give Joe Allen money for RvP. I don't want to see him go to the scum, would much rather he went to Anfield. That is all.

why would van persie leave a team that finished 3rd in league for a team that finished 8th?

:LMAO:

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger has admitted that Barcelona could be the only club to tempt him to move away from Anfield.

The 27-year-old, who was recently the subject of a failed bid from Premier League champions Manchester City, has claimed that it is an honour to play for a club like the Reds.

He did, however, express his admiration for the Catalan club and conceded that they would be difficult to resist if they were to come calling.

"Barcelona would be great," he told reporters. "They are the one team who would make it difficult for me to stay.

"The club and the town [of Liverpool] have been very good to me throughout my time at Anfield. Everything has been handled in a very professional way, and I have always had respect from people round the club and from Liverpool supporters.

"I have always considered it an honour to play for a club like Liverpool, and that feeling has been strengthened by the way people in the town have stayed solidly behind the team and me, even when things haven't always gone as they would have hoped.

"You get a sense of how good and how big this club is when you play for them in the Champions League. They are special games, and I believe we can recreate those great nights, hopefully soon."

Agger went on to predict great things around the corner for Liverpool, insisting that he was happy to stay at the club and not seek a move to a team with a more immediate chance of winning trophies.

"Everyone knows about the '80s team, and how they were winning titles every year, and I have a feeling we are not too far off doing the same," he claimed.

"If I didn't have that feeling, I wouldn't still be there. But it is a special club, and it still has that feeling about it.

"I understand where Luka Modric and Robin van Persie are coming from [wanting to move)] because your career is short, you want to win things and be successful and you want to earn money. But I really do sense there are great things round the corner for Liverpool.

"There is one club who would make it very difficult for me to stay at Anfield. Barcelona would be great, because they are the best in the world. But I am feeling great where I am. I'm with a special club, and I feel I am influencing what happens on the pitch. I am happy to be a Liverpool player."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/pr...rcelona-are-the-only-club-that-would-tempt-me

Sources say that the Sahin loan deal is done. That's an AWESOME coup by LFC. I'm a bit bitter, as that's really the last position LFC need to be vacuuming up players, but glad the lad can get back on the pitch.

Surely spells the end for Adam.

Yep, loan to be announced tonight or tomorrow. A lot of work done by Alonso to convince him to come here.

Adam is being pushed into going to Fulham but he's standing his ground and refusing to go. We'll still go for Dempsey and pay cash if need be but it looks like we really want to shift Adam out as part of the deal.

Been waaaaay more activity from LFC in the past two years than I'd of expected from the new owners. Clearly not afraid to spend and mix things up.

Lucas/Allen/Sahin is potentially a very good midfield.

Though, I do still resent this whole loaning really good players thing. I still believe loans should only be for young, home grown talent who need a chance to get game time. Didn't Madrid pay like 20m odd euros for Sahin?

liverpool activity in transfer market has been excellent this summer, much better now dalglish has gone.

for young, home grown talent who need a chance to get game time. Didn't Madrid pay like 20m odd euros for Sahin?

Nope, he had a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave if there was an offer of 10 million euros or more from outside germany.

So Dalglish not only bought only garbage, but those players also refuse to leave. I guess I was confused when I thought that his damage couldnt get any higher.

great news with rvp going to man utd 4th should be easier to achieve with arsenal 30 goals down before a ball has been kicked

great news with rvp going to man utd 4th should be easier to achieve with arsenal 30 goals down before a ball has been kicked

they did bought some new strikers, i would save my comment before i see their poetntial.. nothing is granted... even RVP might struggle in United, who knows..?

btw, two great articles about Rodgers and other LFC stuff..check it out:

Derailed! The Liverpool gravy train has been cancelled warns Rodgers

Shaken by the demise of Scottish giants Rangers, new boss refuses to continue Reds' habit of paying so-so players superstar wages

Andrew Powell

Brendan Rodgers is ready to introduce a new financial reality at Liverpool, after insisting: "I won't bankrupt the club".

And he has warned potential new arrivals at Anfield that simply signing for the Reds is no longer a ticket for the gravy train.

Fans have also been told to expect some budget acquisitions who will be rewarded only when they have proved themselves.

"I am very much conscious on the value and worth of players," said Rodgers. "There's no doubt there are top players who have earned every single penny they get, but you can also get certain types of players for less.

"The problem sometimes is there's a snobbery towards players at a lesser club. It's an ignorance.

"You get scouts at a big club who see a young player and think maybe he can't play. Then he will go to a big club and all of a sudden they want him. It's about making those decisions earlier.

"Look at the squad here, and there aren't too many who have dropped from heaven to play for Liverpool.

"A lot have come through lower clubs, made their way and now they are making their name at Liverpool.

"There's no doubt I want to get the best players I possibly can, and that costs money.

"When you're not in the Champions League there is a restriction in terms of what you can spend and I know that. I was fully understanding of that before I came in.

"When players come here, it should be the beginning, absolutely.

"If you look at the history of the club, it is about hungry players, coming in from the lower leagues, from clubs in Scotland and Ireland, and working their way up.

"That has been the ethos of the club - talent aligned with hard work takes you a long way.

"I just want to maintain that spirit within the club. I like to think I practice it myself in the club. I find it difficult to work with players who don't share and match that."

In a hard-hitting interview, Rodgers offered a damning insight into the parlous state of Premier League football, which he believes is heading for disaster unless clubs get their houses in order financially.

Liverpool MD Ian Ayre has admitted Liverpool were just days away from insolvency before the current owners took over.

Rodgers said: "It's incredible this club came close to bankruptcy.

"This is Liverpool Football Club.

"You may think it will never happen to your club, but who would have ever thought that could happen to a team like Glasgow Rangers?

"But listen, if football continues to pay the wages that some clubs do, then you will be asking for it. That is the way football is right now.

"Who would have thought that a club like Glasgow Rangers would fall apart?

"If you believe that it can't happen... well, it can. It might not be now but it could be later on. You can never say that it will never happen.

"Look at that club's [Rangers] history and where they have been in the game. That is a warning for everyone."

In recent years, Liverpool have been one of the clubs adding to the massive problem by paying mind-blowing wages to players such as Maxi Rodriguez, Alberto Aquilani, Joe Cole and Milan Jovanovic.

Aquilani's signing left the Reds with a liability of almost £50million in transfer fee and wages, yet he played just 28 games before being shipped out on a succession of loans.

For Rodgers, one of the biggest problems is players arriving at big clubs and immediately expecting the superstar wages and lifestyle without ever earning it.

That though, will not happen at the new Liverpool - as Rodgers' stance in talks with Gylfi Sigurdsson proved.

The Icelandic midfielder was a major target for the Reds' new manager, having starred for him at Swansea last season, but Rodgers refused to spend silly money on salary and Sigurdsson eventually chose to join Tottenham instead.

Rodgers then returned to previous employers Swansea and bought midfielder Joe Allen.

When asked if that proved players can't now come to Anfield just to earn a quick buck, Rodgers replied emphatically.

"No chance. Certainly not with me," he said. "In professional and social life, I like to get value. That is just my nature and just my upbringing.

I won't pay 'anything at all costs' - absolutely not.

"If there is a player out there who can make a difference, we will do all that we possibly can to bring him to the football club.

"What I won't be prepared to do is waste time, money and effort to bring in a player who won't add value to the club.

"There have to be certain factors to make a player want to come and play for you. Unfortunately for people, money distorts the reality.

"I prefer the hungry player - those that want to succeed. Of course they will earn good money, and they will get their value and worth if they perform. I would rather work that way."

Rodgers knows it will take time for his pragmatic philosophy to pay dividends, especially given he still has plenty of supporting-cast players at Anfield who will prove difficult to shift because they are on superstar wages.

And life in the Premier League is complicated further by the insistence of clubs such as Manchester City and Chelsea on paying huge money for even average players, massively distorting the market.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-refuses-to-bankrupt-1260866

Brendan Rodgers promises prudence at Liverpool

Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, has vowed to embrace a new era of prudent spending at Anfield, banishing the club’s reputation as a soft touch in the transfer market.

By Chris Bascombe

Successive Liverpool managers have paid excessive fees and wages for under-performing players. That is having an impact on what Rodgers can afford this summer.

Although he has signed Fabio Borini and Joe Allen for a combined cost of £26 million, and hopes to add more players before the end of the month, it is a contrast to the £100 million spent on six new faces a year ago.

Rodgers knew the reality prior to accepting the job, and believes he has a duty to limit his targets to those who are attracted to Liverpool by a desire to improve rather than enticed by a huge pay packet.

The Northern Irishman was true to his philosophy last month when he pulled out of negotiations for Gylfi Sigurdsson because Tottenham offered a salary of £30,000 a week more than Liverpool.
“You have to spend money but not throw it around,” explained Rodgers. “In professional and social life, I like to get value. That is just my nature and my upbringing. I won’t pay anything at all costs, absolutely not.

“There have to be certain factors to make a player want to come and play for you. Unfortunately for people, money distorts the reality.

“I prefer the hungry player and those that want to succeed. Of course they will earn good money – and they will get their value and worth if they perform. I also understand that it is about two things for some players – game time and money.

“Signing for Liverpool should be the beginning. If you look at the history of the club, it is about hungry players, coming in from the lower leagues, from clubs in Scotland and Ireland, and working their way up.

“Talent aligned with hard work takes you a long way. I just want to maintain that spirit within the club.”

Liverpool’s financial difficulties prior to the takeover of Fenway Sports Group in 2010 almost led to administration. FSG have consistently stated they want self-sufficiency, avoiding borrowing cash to fund transfers.

Ploughing millions of their private wealth into the club to buy players – as some fans crave – would be hypocritical given the ownership’s stance on Financial Fair Play.

“You may think it [administration] will never happen to your club but who would have ever thought that could happen to a team like Glasgow Rangers?” said Rodgers.

“Listen, if football continues to pay the wages that some clubs do, then you will be asking for it.

“I know where I stand. The owners will turn out to be, I believe, great for Liverpool. They will look to put the club on an even keel, get it stable and then let it grow. I won’t have the money that a lot of the clubs might have but it is hard to put a figure on what you need.

"It is about quality. I had a team last year that was worth about £17 million – and we were the talk of Europe.
“I knew I wasn’t going to have a lot of money. To compete straight away and affect it immediately you would have to spend millions upon millions and the club are not going to do that at this stage.

“The problem sometimes is there’s a snobbery towards players at a lesser club. It’s ignorance. You get scouts at a big club who see a young player and think maybe he can’t play. Then he will go to a big club and all of a sudden then they want him. It’s about making those decisions earlier.

"When you’re not in the Champions League there is a restriction in terms of what you can spend and I know that.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...n-Rodgers-promises-prudence-at-Liverpool.html

Very good player Tik, potentially could finally be someone who could takeover the gap Alonso left.

You haven't had trouble getting quality in the middle of the park its out wide were you've really struggling to bring in quality IMO.

Back
Top Bottom