Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

joe_allen_(20).jpg

It's official now!! WELCOME TO LIVERPOOL JOE ALLEN !!​

Bellamy: "I spent the last three weeks hounding Allen to go to Liverpool. I'm delighted for #LFC because they've just got an immense player."

i will honestly miss him, wish he never leave in his first stay here... he is a top player and person from what i seen..

on other hand, welcome to the club Joe :)

Allen, Henderson, Lucas and Shelvey ... our midfield looks pretty solid there for the next few years anyway.

Eziz Allamov ‏@Ezizallamov
So, Joe Allen signs a contract till 2018 season for the fee of £15m. He'll earn £45K a week at Liverpool.

The Times is saying we're still interested in Dempsey and Sahin, Dempsey's age being offset by him being available at a lower price due to only having a year on his contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

First of all, i don´t talk about players we sign as fantastic or awfull untill i see them play for us to make a judgement, so no.

Second of all, Allen is not our signing (yet) and i didn´t said this "great/fantastic/amazing" about him, but to answer your question, i don´t label players that way especialy not those that i didn´t saw playing a lot before they can join us like for example Gaston Ramirez and perhaps others i realy don´t know anyithing about..

And to end it, why do you care?! i said what i think about Allen and i would think it even if he played for Real Madrid next season for all i care.. i followed him in Olympics with close look especially becouse i knew he is our target and almost everything went through him...he played all matches as starter and for his age he is realy one of the best midfielder in the Premier League..he has great first touch, great vision and inteligence combined with movement so i´m happy we are linked but if we are linked with someone i don´t like, i say it... i have no problem with that...so far i didn´t hate any of our suposed targets so ..
Come on ... you said last year that every signing we made was great .. I even remember you calling Downing "superb" after a crossbar

So do i, i want Allen to say at Swansea... :COOL:

Sorry, i couldn't resist. I know it's a lame joke...

Liverbird, like i already said, i'm with pipa on this. He's not always the most objective, but Allen is IMO one of the most underrated players in the EPL. I honestly don't understand why he wasn't even nominated as a player of the year...he was absolutely outstanding last year and this in a team that was far from a big team.

I would even say that not a single Liverpool player came anuway near being as good as Allen last season.
I like Allen mate, he is a very good player.

Come on ... you said last year that every signing we made was great .. I even remember you calling Downing "superb" after a crossbar

so? what´s your point...show me the quote directly, becouse i might have said he had a great game just was unlucky, as the whole team last season..most of the time was unlucky actually.. every player starts at point zero and Downing had a realy good season at Villa year before he joined us..so i was excited obviously..as i am about every new signing..

i don´t have a sence to say what player will fail for us before he playes here as maybe you posess... i just look on positive side of things and hope the player performs, becouse people who buy this players for milions know more about football than me and you...

so? what´s your point...show me the quote directly, becouse i might have said he had a great game just was unlucky, as the whole team last season..most of the time was unlucky actually.. every player starts at point zero and Downing had a realy good season at Villa year before he joined us..so i was excited obviously..as i am about every new signing..

i don´t have a sence to say what player will fail for us before he playes here as maybe you posess... i just look on positive side of things and hope the player performs, becouse people who buy this players for milions know more about football than me and you...
Im not going to go through all that trouble of finding the post but i was first match of the season, Downing just found the crossbar and you said something like "that shot from Downing .. what a superb signing" .. one can probably find similar quotes about Adam, Henderson, Carroll or Jose Enrique.

Im not going to go through all that trouble of finding the post but i was first match of the season, Downing just found the crossbar and you said something like "that shot from Downing .. what a superb signing" .. one can probably find similar quotes about Adam, Henderson, Carroll or Jose Enrique.

so?

"What a wankfest of a summer.
Thank god for the olympics cos it seems its the paralympics come early at Anfield.
Sign Adams mark 2 for double the money. Sell Agger to our rival for a pittance cos 'everyone has their price' and maybe a loan of their can't-be-arsed-and-when-he-can-he's-injured-'im-alright-jacc-cos-I'm-too-good-to-track-back winger Johnson. Naming rights to Anfield up for grabs.
Signing a manager who actually has a worse track record than Roberto Martinez. 100 times more PR than signings.
That stupid red eagle pedo-shark thing+Brendan loans. Loan sharks. FSG. You do the math.
John Henry's Lappacinno boys out in force.
Bellamy jogging on.
The fact that Williams has even been mentioned as a replacement for Agger.
Andy Carroll handle with care. Or dont just do it in public, spit in Andy's face and then walk upto his mother and piss on her. It's fine, I'm sure a club will come in for him and a deal can be done. Cant it?
Sigurdsson"

What's the story behind the Borini celebration? Anyone know? Or is there anything behind it?

"The celebration is something I did with my friends when I was in the youth team at Chelsea," he explained.

"In Italy, we say when one person wants something so much it is like he has a knife between his teeth - like a warrior who never gives up.

"After that, I kept doing it. I did it the first time I scored at Swansea and everyone liked it. It was the same at Roma.

Joe Allen will be a good signing, will really help us keep the ball along with Lucas. He's also a great tackler. He lacks flair, but for that we need the front-3 to be firing. I hope we get 2 more attacking players.
Hopefully we can get few more good players before Aug 31st, since our squad is a bit thin in attack.

starting lineups today

y2rKs.png

Sterling already with a goal...

Carroll, Adam and Henderson on bench again...

i know it´s just friendly, but we dominate whole game..it looks great so far... i´m optimistic.

Sterling's goal was pretty nice, well taken and good composure.

I agree, Pipa. Our movement up front looks superb.

what i learned after today´s game..

Sterling won´t go anywhere imho, he will be part of the team for next season, possibly a substitute against WBA already.

Coates still is not first choice, despite him being realy amazing for his age..he still has to learn.

Adam probably played last game for the club, not that he is a bad player, but Shelvey, even Spearing will do the work.

Spearing is going to stay, he is a good player, good at pressing and nice option for squad.

Carroll played a lot better today, good movement, but i think he is isolated in this system..he needs passes as he recieved and scored from today, he needs playing up front together with someone. I think it´s 50/50 if he stayes or will be sold...

good game overall, we look sharp and ready..

edit: one more thing, Kelly is a Right back..a good one and i don´t want him to play CB becouse of this fact..he is quick and very good at defending for this position.. good competition for Johnson..

Last edited:

I saw Sterling play a few youth games at QPR and he looked like a superb player. He really should get a lot of chances this season, and if he does I think he will prove himself to be a very good player, I think he can eclipse Borini. His movement was superb, admittedly it was at youth level but noone could seem to mark him at all, he picked and chose his runs very well.

I find Sterling a bit lightweight, he needs to gain a few pounds cos' he might find it difficult to dribble past strong defenders. But he looks like a player who fits in the system so I expect him to feature in many matches this season.

Downing is the one who lets me down everytime, even though he seems to be better than he was last season, still he chooses shooting when he has other free options, I wish he had David Silva's brain.

Lucas is impressive and now I can see how bad we were in his absence.
Shelvey looks in a great shape, even though I should point out that he's too aggressive at times with some reckless tackles but at least he's not a chicken like Aquilani who always tried to keep himself away from those tackles.

Our midfield-3 is well stocked

Lucas, Allen, Gerrard will be first choice

Shelvey, Spearing, Henderson, Adam as 2nd choice

Our front-3 needs a bit more

Borini, Suarez, Downing as first choice

Sterling, Cole, Carroll as 2nd choice

I suspect if we got a good bid for Carroll, he will be sold.
Same for Adam.

Defence:

Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique 1st choice

Kelly, Carra, Coates, Flanagan as 2nd choice

Our midfield-3 is well stocked

Lucas, Allen, Gerrard will be first choice

Shelvey, Spearing, Henderson, Adam as 2nd choice

Our front-3 needs a bit more

Borini, Suarez, Downing as first choice

Sterling, Cole, Carroll as 2nd choice

I suspect if we got a good bid for Carroll, he will be sold.
Same for Adam.

Defence:

Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique 1st choice

Kelly, Carra, Coates, Flanagan as 2nd choice

GK, Defence, Midfield all look good.

Attack looks like it needs strengthening tho. Suarez is quality but there's not much else there, tho I haven't seen much of Borini

Back
Top Bottom