Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Good possession football, 2nd half we had a bit more threat thanks to Sterling and Suso. Pacheco was good too in the first half. Still early days and this was still mostly reserve players. Can't honestly see Charlie Adam or Spearing in the starting lineup. Aquilani had a quiet game too.
Cant wait to see Borini in action.

I think this season will be about getting the team to play the new system and for the new signings, (hopefully 2-3 more - Allen / Dempsey / etc ) to bed in with the team. The goal will be to build the foundations this year for the new footballing system throughout the club, which should hopefully herald the beginning of good things at Anfield.

But have a sneaky feeling we will see a lot of draws this season since we will be hard to beat since many teams will not get the ball, but also we may lack some killer touch near goal, unless we get Dempsey in soon.

Last edited:

this kids that play today mostly are very young, take Robinson (18), Sterling (17), Suso (18) etc...

best thing we now have a coach who i have trust that he can make realy good players for our future team..

things look good for us in terms of youngsters, take Shelvey who is 20, almost everything went through him in second half..he was confident and he looks more stronger than previous season... he can be a top player for us..

i can´t wait for next match now..

Last edited:

this kids that play today mostly are very young, take Robinson (18), Sterling (17), Suso (18) etc...

best thing we now have a coach who i have trust that he can make realy good players for our future team..

things look good for us in terms of youngsters, take Shelvey who is 20, almost everything went through him in second half..he was confident and he looks more stronger than previous season... he can be a top player for us..

i can´t wait for next match now..

Suso is one classy player, first time I've seen him, and he has the makings of a really good player. His vision, pass and skill was the best on the pitch. Sterling also looked good.
Shelvey is a player I've been impressed with, he has aggression and the leadership attributes to be a future midfield general. These 3 players looked a lot better than Aquilani, Adam, Spearing.

Rodgers is a sensible manager, and he will put premium on the good talented players who will work for the team.

Can't wait for next match too :-)

Suddenly there are rumours all over the Belgian press that Liverpool are after Dries Mertens (currently PSV Eindhoven). A very, very good player. From what i've seen of both in our national team, he is as good as Hazard, if not better...

Martens would be more than good player for us...it would be to good to be true if we could realy get him..

Only Suarez !! :LOL:

149040994-luis-suarez-of-uruguay-poses-during-a-gettyimages.jpg

I watched saturdays game aswell while you could see a slight change,
it's still early days til we see the full affect of Rodgers work.

We'll probably get a better idea when the senior players come back from there jollies. Still need to bring in more players tho, Mertens, Allen, Holtby etc...is a direction I like.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers offered around £10m plus Jonjo Shelvey on loan, but that deal has been turned down by Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18984391

Hmm, I'd liked to have seen Shelvey play more of a part for Liverpool this season. Sterling also linked to QPR on a season-long loan.

Why did Rodgers offer Shelvey instead of the deadwood like Spearing, Adam or even Aqua?
I hope we don't sign Allen just because of his fee, £15m makes him overpriced and I guess we have already learned from the past mistakes with British players. He'd fit in the BR system though as he's a very accurate passer of the ball but there's sth wrong with his fee.
£7m + Spearing would be just fine.

Sterling should definitely be loaned out to gain more experience, he's still too young to play in the 1st team.

Last edited:

Why did Rodgers offer Shelvey instead of the deadwood like Spearing, Adam or even Aqua?
I hope we don't sign Allen just because of his fee, £15m makes him overpriced and I guess we have already learned from the past mistakes with British players. He'd fit in the BR system though as he's a very accurate passer of the ball but there's sth wrong with his fee.
£7m + Spearing would be just fine.

Sterling should definitely be loaned out to gain more experience, he's still too young to play in the 1st team.
Like Aquilani or Adam are going to go from Liverpool to Swansea mate .. be realistic

Liverpool`s fan base is still massive! last night the game was an eye candy for the neutral.Lovely stuff from Roma n L`pool I was impress with so many fans filled the stadium, not even Chels has that here.

I thought Rodgers agreed not to go after any Swansea players for a year?

Turns out Swansea are considering legal action as Rodgers made an agreement not to, apparently is was a gentlemans agreement an had no binding contract.
However, in law words can constitute a contract if there is proof of such an agreement, and with the media coverage then there is proof so Swansea have a case.

Rodgers wasn't allowed to make approaches for players but if a player becomes available due to other clubs being interested then Rodgers is entitled to also make a move.

Rodgers wasn't allowed to make approaches for players but if a player becomes available due to other clubs being interested then Rodgers is entitled to also make a move.

What does that mean though?

So Rodgers could call a friend at another club, ask them to make a £1 bid for Allen and then it's fair game?

Sounds like Rodgers is going against the spirit of the agreement, rather than the strict definition.

it would be a waste of money to buy joe allen, he has plenty of midfield cover. buy a pacy winger instead and another striker

Unlike Aqua, Carroll will definitely be missed. He gives the game another dimension and lets just hope BR will bring someone to fill his big shoes cause I doubt Borini was bought as a replacement for Carroll.

Clint Dempsey on the other hand has rejected to go on the US tour with his teammates and this means that he's probably forcing a move to Liverpool.
So maybe he could be a replacement for Carroll as I can see Dempsey lining up with Suarez and Borini upfront.

@eddie_johnson7 Andy Carroll on loan to west ham. Looks like its opening up space for my boy @clint_dempsey #fingerscrossed #USA #duece

@eddie_johnson7 Dempsey will be a great contribution to Liverpool. #topplayer

it´s official twitter of former Fulham player Eddie Johnson...

@BenSmithBBC: Clint Dempsey did not leave with #Fulham squad on pre-season training camp to Switzerland today.”

Edit: Nevermind, just read that Besarti posted it earlier too.

Back
Top Bottom