Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Of course he wasn't worth that and it was a ludacris decision.

But he has potential to be the next England number 9.

He will be a class act, under the right manager in the right team, no doubt.

I just wish people would cross the fking ball to him.
He has the potential ? He is 23 already. Im tired to read that, the next England N9 is Wellbeck.

you can´t belive everything...they are professionals.. i doubt that happend tbh.

Luis Suarez scored a hat-trick as Uruguay came from 2-0 down to win 6-4 in a friendly against Chile on Wednesday.

Uruguay's Olympic side were two goals behind when Liverpool's No.7 instigated a stunning turnaround, banging goals on 31, 35 and 47 minutes to leave the scores at 4-2. He was then substituted around the hour mark.

Edinson Cavani (2) and Abel Hernandez were the other scorers for the hosts during the 10-goal thriller.

Sebastian Coates was also in the Uruguay side.

YouTube - Luis Suarez Hat-Trick vs Chile

Luis Suarez scored a hat-trick as Uruguay came from 2-0 down to win 6-4 in a friendly against Chile on Wednesday.

Uruguay's Olympic side were two goals behind when Liverpool's No.7 instigated a stunning turnaround, banging goals on 31, 35 and 47 minutes to leave the scores at 4-2. He was then substituted around the hour mark.

Edinson Cavani (2) and Abel Hernandez were the other scorers for the hosts during the 10-goal thriller.

Sebastian Coates was also in the Uruguay side.

YouTube - Luis Suarez Hat-Trick vs Chile

thats no summer break for Suarez,could cost liverpool at the end of the season

Good news for Pool - Rodellega has signed at Fulham - seems to pave the way for a Dempsey exit.

Great player, would work really well with Suarez.

Yea was thinking that when I saw the Rodellega signing, kind of greasing the wheels. He still could go somewhere else though. I'm hoping he does want to move, at the very least.

Good news for Pool - Rodellega has signed at Fulham - seems to pave the way for a Dempsey exit.

Great player, would work really well with Suarez.

Apparently Rodallega is replacing the Russian striker Pob---nyak or
whatever is his name.

So does'nt mean anything.....

Milan are selling Ibra to PSG.......could be good news for Caroll and LFC

I say it`s the opposite. The reason why Milan sold both Ibra and Silva is because of huge financial debts.
I can't see Milan buying Carroll, they would much rather loan him and I don't think Rodgers will allow that.

you guys do realise the entire link between Milan and Carroll was a throw away joke comment from Berlusconi, It was something along the lines of "Carroll looks interesting because Iniesta isn't available"

LIVERPOOL are set to complete the signing of striker Fabio Borini after agreeing an £11million deal with Roma.

The Reds have been given the green light to discuss personal terms with the 21-year-old Italy international who will then undergo a medical.

The transfer should be completed in the next 48 hours and Borini will become manager Brendan Rodgers' first signing.

An agreement between the clubs was reached following lengthy negotiations after Borini made it clear he wanted to be reunited with the Northern Irishman.

Rodgers knows exactly what he's getting having worked with the highly-rated youngster at Chelsea and then signed him on loan at Swansea City towards the end of the 2010/11 season.

Borini joined Parma after his Chelsea contract expired last summer but was swiftly loaned out to Roma.

He made a big impression at the Stadio Olimpico, scoring 10 goals in 26 games in all competitions, and earned a place in the Italy squad at Euro 2012.

Roma bought half of his rights back in January when they entered into a co-ownership agreement with Parma and then last month they bought the other 50%, taking their overall spending on him to around £7million.

Rodgers made boosting his firepower the priority having seen Dirk Kuyt move to Fenerbahce and Luis Suarez called up by Uruguay for the Olympics.

With Craig Bellamy and Andy Carroll facing uncertain futures, Borini is unlikely to be the only striker signed by the Reds during the transfer window.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...e-with-roma-for-fabio-borini-100252-31385026/

Rodgers really rates this player, has worked with him on previous occasions and Borini hasn't let him down.

Swansea Highlights
http://www.footylounge.com/films//s...i-goals-2010-2011-season-video_705067380.html

I remember seeing him for Chelsea Reserves and he was absolutely lethal in front of goal as highlighted in the following video.

http://www.footylounge.com/films//eskweston/the-best-of-fabio-borini-chelsea-fc-video_d205b26c9.html

Young player with a good attitude. Busts a gut on the football pitch and reminds me a little of Dirk Kuyt but with a better first touch lol.

Made his debut for Italy this year and left a positive impression.

Match compilation V USA
http://www.footylounge.com/films//m...-debut-lfc-linked-player-video_b38781257.html

Borini supposedly passed a medical.

AxsLMCGCQAELOHC.jpg:large

Roma reaction.

Borini was one of the few things I was excited about for this coming season. What a shame.

Borini was a real find. The kid came to Rome keeping his head low. He showed no interest in parties and being seen. Just razor focused. Trains hard. With limited appearances bagged 11 goals accross competitions. He had a low cost contract and a hunger for goal equal only to Inzaghi.

Good luck to Fabio anyway. I was a fan but the final third of last season showed real downsides of his game and for that I'm not gutted at losing him, espcially for a desperately neede 13m. I hope he succeeds at Liverpool nonetheless. I'm sure he will as Borini is a player that is impossible not to like!

One of the many reasons I don't understand this move is given that Liverpool have Suarez does that not make Borini kind of redundant? His game is similar to Suarez just less technique and skill. Even as a wing forward I could see them hindering each other or at least not complimenting each other. Your typical wing forwards in those systems are just as skillful as #8/#10 midfielders

The uproar over Borini has become a bit comical. There has been very little rational and objective reasoning going on. Borini was a good prospect. He was a reserve player at Chelsea. He was on loan at Swansea in the Championship. He had a good season with Roma for a 20 year old. He has 15 goals total in his career (Swansea + Roma). It is arguable whether he would have been a starter for us this season. We sold him at a profit.

Can Borini become a great player one day? Of course. But we didn't sell a great player, we sold a good prospect.

I thought Borini was the future of our attack

I will miss him very much. He is an extremely likeable, humble player who will sweat for the team. He is not ever going to be a star, and might not even have been a starter for us but his effort made up for his technical deficiencies. I remember defending him many times last season over his poor first touch and sometimes runs without brains - and given I am a fan of technical players this was a big step for me. It show how likeable he is. Borini is a player you want to succeed.

If his brains and heart were equal he would be a very good player. They aren't. He isn't. We got a good deal and on to Destro!

While Borini is a terrific talent inside the box and a great runner, Destro is much better attacking from the side, which is what Roma now wants.

I am really furious from seeing Borini leaving for no reason !, Borini proved himself last year & scored the most vital goals in the season for the team

We are selling the heart of our team. OK, sometimes he does not have the talent in equal to his heart but he is one of us. I am furious and sad about this move. Good luck in future. Forza Borini!

YouTube - Fabio Borini - Goals Season 2011/12 HD

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-return-as-henderson-backed-7939531.html

Good to see Henderson getting backing, a lot of potential and I think Rodgers can work well with him.

Rodgers just seems like such a well-balanced manager...
whose main goal is to get the best out of players he believes
can fit into the system....

Really feeling optimistic....not that we will be in the top 4
but that players who deserve to be in the team will be given the
chance irrespective of price-tag....and that the best XI players
will be fitting into the his system...
and that can only be good for the club's results as the season goes on.

sad to see him go, but i´m not surprised..

Dear Reds, I am leaving Liverpool FC today.

Before signing for LFC, I just saw the club as one of the greatest institutions in football. After my time here I can confirm that this is not just a great club but also a great family.

I have tried to give everything every day that I was wearing the LFC crest. It has been a great honour to defend this shirt during two and a half years. I am returning home with a suitcase full of great memories, good friends within the team and also within this great family that works every day in the club. Thanks a lot for your support. You can NOT imagine what a great honour it was for me when the Kop sang, 'Maxi, Maxi Rodríguez runs down the wing for me da da da da dada...'

Hasta la vista.

Maxi

It looks like Aquilani is staying? AC Milan turned down the option to buy him.

he trains with the team so looks like he is staying after all, he has 2 years left in his contract..

AxsroWZCAAEoudT.jpg:large

i´m realy made up by Borini signing, very promissing young player!

Borini seems a good transfer, young, already proved that he can score important goals, has heart and quality. Really strange sell from Roma, I watched a lot of Roma´s matches last season and he clearly was the best of their fowards. He is a very interesting prospect, and was bought at the right price.
10M that is what you pay for potential, not 35 ...

With the donkey Carroll out, Borini in and seeing the profile of players Rodgers likes, I cant wait for the start of this season. Havent been like these since 2009.

seems like we are tracking Schalke player Lewis Holtby as well...

great targets we are interested in if true..

seems like we are tracking Schalke player Lewis Holtby as well...

great targets we are interested in if true..

isnt he half english? its like rodgers has been playing football manager and is looking up all the future stars

i think henderson will be beast under rodgers,he just needs someone to believe in him and trust his abilities and give him a roll for them to flourish

Back
Top Bottom