Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I made the same reflection when i saw that post younggun. The squad isn't as bad as what most fans were saying last season, but it is certainly not as good as goalgerd implies...

I haven't seen much of him but heard from some who have that his lack of pace and physicality are holding him back.

basically, he needs to bulk up ;))

I made the same reflection when i saw that post younggun. The squad isn't as bad as what most fans were saying last season, but it is certainly not as good as goalgerd implies...

i really think they were badly mismanaged last season,the starting 11 with everyone fit and playing in their correct positions are still a decent team,the squad just lacks depth at the moment,i also feel arsenal spurs and newcastle wont be as good this season

Last edited:

i really think they were badly mismanaged last season,the starting 11 with everyone fit and playing in their correct positions are still a decent team,the squad just lacks depth at the moment,i also feel arsenal spurs and newcastle wont be as good this season

Spurs won't be as good, Arsenal will be surprisingly better in my opinion I can see Podolski and Giroud pulling an incredible debut season out.. Newcastle will only continue to strengthen IMO, and if they secure Debuchy and one more midfielder I can see them definitely in top 4.

Liverpools squad lacks a core right now, the key player always get injured and until that's fixe they won't be -able to compete.

On a other note, is Lucas back yet? I really like him, would love to see him play.

We lack squad depth.....even our first XI needs 2-3 better players..
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/7889122/Rodgers-Red-vision

Rodgers plays a 4-3-3

----Reina
-GJ--MS--DA--JE
----LL--SG----
------X------
--LS--X---CB/JC/SD--

1 attacking midfielder
1 striker who is clinical
1 right/left-sided attacking player

Borini and/or Dempsey will fill up
some of those slots in the first XI...

Some of the squad players:
- Aquilani, Cole, Adam, Henderson, Downing, Carroll
who I don't think are going to fit in the first XI
and will mostly be loaned out or benched
unless they improve

Borini would be amazing replacement of Kuyt, so would be Sturridge...
fabio is a very different player from kuyt pipa. he couldn't do what dirk used to.... but he can do other things... things kuyt couldn't even dream of doing.
i believe he would be an alternative solution to carroll, rather than a replacement for kuyt.

word in italy is that liverpool offered 12 millions euros and that roma would seriously consider a 15 millions offer.
based on what i saw from fabio last season, that would be an amazing bargain for liverpool. but obviously we're still talking about a youngster, so there's no guarrantee he will keep playing like he did last season. ;)

i have no doubt Borini is more talented than Kuyt, but i meant he could replace his position as right wing in 433 formation or switch side with Suarez or any other of the three man up front...Suarez and Borini are very talented players..

Hmmm.

Jamo Kelly ‏@jkjamo
@TonyBarretTimes on talksport. Looks like Carroll is deffo on his way out of #LFC shame really IMO.

34m Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
@jkjamo He is on his way out but I'm not on Talksport!

thats great to see, Rodgers has a football philosophy and Andy Carroll doesnt fit it. Nothing against Carroll but he was never going to work in a fluid 4-3-3 based on keeping the ball moving, No point in keeping Carroll if he wont play 90% of the games,Hopefully thats Borini on his way in

Ridiculous decision if we let Carroll go for anything less than what we paid for him.

It was a ridiculous decision to sign him for 35m.....
such an unproven player who basically thrives in long-ball teams...
really no point in waiting for him to adapt to a passing game..

So best is to cut our losses and go for players who will
fit the style Rodgers wants to play.

It was a ridiculous decision to sign him for 35m.....
such an unproven player who basically thrives in long-ball teams...
really no point in waiting for him to adapt to a passing game..

So best is to cut our losses and go for players who will
fit the style Rodgers wants to play.

Of course he wasn't worth that and it was a ludacris decision.

But he has potential to be the next England number 9.

He will be a class act, under the right manager in the right team, no doubt.

I just wish people would cross the fking ball to him.

Rodgers is not the right manager for him so better to let him go while liverpool can still get some money back. Potential is not good enough if you want to be successful now im afraid,Could you honestly see Carroll playing for man utd,man city or chelsea or any top 4 team in any european league? So if he wouldnt get a game for them why would liverpool want to keep him around never mind buy him in the 1st place

That's the problem.....he needs to be in a team that just does
that.....that plays with Carroll as their focal point for attack...

And that is what Rodgers and most fans of Liverpool's old pass/move
don't want.....so it makes sense for him to move on.

To be honest...with the way England should be playing....a more passing
game with skilful players....then Carroll will not be the traditional
number 9.....gone are those days.....you can't win anything in International
football these days with old tactics like that.

That's the problem.....he needs to be in a team that just does
that.....that plays with Carroll as their focal point for attack...

And that is what Rodgers and most fans of Liverpool's old pass/move
don't want.....so it makes sense for him to move on.

To be honest...with the way England should be playing....a more passing
game with skilful players....then Carroll will not be the traditional
number 9.....gone are those days.....you can't win anything in International
football these days with old tactics like that.

yep,spain have shown over the last few years that small technical players can beat bigger stronger players by keeping the ball 9 times out of 10

I think its bold and a good decision, he was never good enough to be a top 4 player and its better to cut your losses and forget he was ever signed. easily one of the worst transfers in the history of the premiership

Wasn't the price based off the Torres transfer? So it could have scaled up even more ridiculously? Granted there were probably a million cheaper, foreign players that could have been bought. Not that I care, it was a bad buy even if the price scaled from the Torres transfer, at least in my opinion.
And from what I've been hearing/reading it's just going to be a loan, because I can't imagine anyone wants to buy him. Yes he's big and good in the air, but his first touch is terrible and he has zero speed.

I think its bold and a good decision, he was never good enough to be a top 4 player and its better to cut your losses and forget he was ever signed. easily one of the worst transfers in the history of the premiership

they could of got Aguero for that money:COAT:

Mate, it´s not about who we could bought, it´s about who would want to come..

We could have bought anyone from football manager, the problem is probably only Andy Carroll wanted to agree deal with us 5 minutes to the transfer window end...

Then again if i think of it..he was pushed to the move by the owner of Newcastle who must be laughing his ass off even today from that move..

i think now we need to focus on new manager and let the past be past..even if the past will haunt us for long time..

also we could never pay Aguero´s sallary, the same City have no problem paying..

Last edited:

Mate, it´s not about who we could bought, it´s about who would want to come..

We could have bought anyone from football manager, the problem is probably only Andy Carroll wanted to agree deal with us 5 minutes to the transfer window end...

Then again if i think of it..he was pushed to the move by the owner of Newcastle who must be laughing his ass off even today from that move..

i think now we need to focus on new manager and let the past be past..even if the past will haunt us for long time..

also we could never pay Aguero´s sallary, the same City have no problem paying..

very true,if rodgers can sell Carroll for the price of Dempsey and Borini combined then that would be a good bit of business

Not sure how true this is:

Karl Thyer ‏@Karlton81
One of the reasons Carroll could go is his attitude to training, Dave Rydings put a test in place where ever weight was lifted (each rep)...

And each movement was measured, so in the first month he was asked to present his findings to the Sports Science team, Hendo was top.....

With 12,600 reps, Bellamy second with 12,450 reps, Gerrard 3rd with 12,300 reps the lowest was say 11,000, then there was Carroll

Literally 180 reps, it was embarrassing yet Kenny did nothing about it. There are loads of stories about how the players walked over Kenny.

Got one more ‪#LFC‬ training story, involving Charlie Adam for you...

Charlie Adam faked an injury and Kenny bought it even though Sports Science team said he couldn't be injured....

So he goes on holiday to Dubai for 5 days during the season (we didn't have a game) and Carroll turns up for training and says where's.....

Charlie?' So it's explained he's injured and has gone on holiday. Carroll turns and says 'can I go on holiday then?' he's told, 'no, not....

My call' so Carroll phones Kenny and says 'Listen Charlie's gone on hol, can I go away?' Kenny is on the golf course and says 'Yeah ok'.....

Carroll fucks off there and then so later the Doc is doing some work with Maxi, Gerrard, Carra and Downing. Gerrard asks 'where is Andy?'...

Doc cringed and told the story and the players were laughing (angry laughing) saying Kennys weak as piss, Carra then turns and says 'I've..

Been at this club for 16 years and you know how many holidays I've took mid season? None! This is why were a laughing stock! Would Fergie...

Take that shit??!! This caused a bit of shit for weeks. Before Christmas. ‪#LFC‬

This is all part of the reason there are rumours that Rodgers wants to break up the ‘English boys’ clique ‪#LFC‬

Nothing would surprise me these days. Players aren't saints and no one really knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Not saying I believe it, but yea, everything's possible.

Adam had a go back at the person who posted those tweets, asking him when all of this was supposed to have happened. The person has since deleted their account.

Back
Top Bottom