Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Really not seeing the potential or quality in Henderson, he's as good now as he ever will be, which isn't very.

The definition of average at everything.

I'd tend to agree BUT I have seen players before who I thought were average steadily improve into very good players and could end up being the case here.

While I don't see the potential (I see a little I guess) the scouts obviously did and its their job so we'll see how it works out.

I'd tend to agree BUT I have seen players before who I thought were average steadily improve into very good players and could end up being the case here.

While I don't see the potential (I see a little I guess) the scouts obviously did and its their job so we'll see how it works out.
I dont think one of those haven been seen around of Melwood for ages

http://www.football365.com/liverpool/7829112/Agent-No-offers-for-Aquilani

Aquilani's situation is a bit odd. Both Hodgson and Dalglish let him go on loan. Milan and Juventus are hardly banging down the door to take him, and neither are any other clubs it seems. His agent isn't saying that Rodgers is keen to see him back at Liverpool, and I'd imagine Aquilani would be a pretty decent player under Rodgers?

I really like his ability but there must be something wrong somewhere about why clubs just aren't taking to him.

I read yesterday that Liverpool might want to keep him to take to pre-season training, as Rodgers rates him. I really hope he does, as I'd like to see Aquilani take up a more important role - he definitely has the skill but needs some continuity and confidence.

Before his injury with us last season - he was leading our assists chart.

It is pretty weird why only Milan are after him now considering the very low price being mentioned in the media. Fiorentina were very keen on him but then things didn't work.

West Ham United FC ‏@whufc_official
West Ham United are delighted to confirm that the club have reached an agreement to sign Senegal international midfielder Mohamed Diame

I thought he had already agreed to move to Liverpool? Maybe the competition with Lucas wasn't something he wanted to do. Or they offered more money.

This is supposed to be our new third kit:

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/2012/06/19/is-our-3rd-kit-dark-purple-or-blue/

62423044.jpg

I actually don't mind the "real" photo of the shirt hanging up. The other one though ... that's just wrong.

Lots of suggestions that we are interested in Fabio Borini.

http://www.football365.com/liverpool/7829112/Agent-No-offers-for-Aquilani

Aquilani's situation is a bit odd. Both Hodgson and Dalglish let him go on loan. Milan and Juventus are hardly banging down the door to take him, and neither are any other clubs it seems. His agent isn't saying that Rodgers is keen to see him back at Liverpool, and I'd imagine Aquilani would be a pretty decent player under Rodgers?

I really like his ability but there must be something wrong somewhere about why clubs just aren't taking to him.
There are very few clubs that can afford Aquilani ´s wages. Plus his qualities as a player arent appreciate it by every manager, you also consider the foreign factor and there you got your answer.
Juventus decision was very simple. They offered 12M, Liverpool wanted 16, so they went and brought Pirlo on a "free" transfer.
About Milan they signed Montolivo on a "free" transfer, so now they can play hardball.

Lots of suggestions that we are interested in Fabio Borini.

i seen rumors he will be back at Parma once Giovinco leaves..

btw, west ham apparently reach agreement with Inter for Luc Castaignos....kind of player we should be looking at imho

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
among the many B.S rumours #lfc interest in #borini is real talk. no bid as far as my mole on the wall is aware but more than just a #rumour

Skrtel won´t go to City.. i hope the owners know he is key part of next season success...

Borini is a good player and has tons of potential.
I really hope that reports about Skrtel are true, but cant understand why Manchester City with all the defenders they have and resources would go for a mediocre CB.

Borini is a good player and has tons of potential.
I really hope that reports about Skrtel are true, but cant understand why Manchester City with all the defenders they have and resources would go for a mediocre CB.

lol..sorry but this is just stupid... you know he was named player of the season and was regular for all our managers, one of best defensive records previous season with Agger...

Skrtel is a decent defender. Nothing more and certainly nothing less.

Doesn't mean much being player of the year for Liverpool last year. Almost everyone had bad/mediocre seasons. This guy didn't stand out either. He was just the least crappy of all. So I wouldn't keep mentioning his Player of the Year thing.

And these things are voted by fans anyway aren't they? Often, stupid fans make stupid decisions and big clubs have a lot of stupid fans. And my like a guy who plays 'hard/rough'! Spearing could put in a handful of good appearances next year and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins Player of Year for Liverpool or something as poor guy always gives 110%, and is a youth academy product.

These things hardly mean much.

lol..sorry but this is just stupid... you know he was named player of the season and was regular for all our managers, one of best defensive records previous season with Agger...
Im tired of hearing that. I have my own opinion, I dont care what the majority of Liverpool fans things. For me, he is a mediocre player for Liverpool ´s standards.

ok, he is medicore, hope we sell him and buy and develop another much better defender for 6 mil. pounds for another three years...

Shawcross anyone?

or perhaps Dann?

Buying Skrtel would be a stupid thing to do. Kompany and Lescott are doing fine together. Kompany must be with Piqué and Thiago Silva among the best CB's in the world and Joleon Lescott is certainly not a lesser player than Skrtel. On top of that they have Touré and that CB from Montenegro (who had a couple of bad performances, but he is still young).

ok, he is medicore, hope we sell him and buy and develop another much better defender for 6 mil. pounds for another three years...

Shawcross anyone?

or perhaps Dann?

No, both of them are also mediocre players.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that if we were offered £15m for Skrtel then I'd take it. £25m and I'd snatch their hand off. He's a good player, but he's prone to mistakes, rash tackles and positioning is lacking at times. He did have a good season last year but I think we could get a better defender.

With that said, Coates is looking like a very good prospect so I can see him getting more games anyway.

Coates is the future and Liverpool did great to secure him when almost every club in the world was interested in.

My opinions on Skrtel are the same as Dags. I actually don't mind him at all and think he's a good defender. He also has a good few years ahead of him at only 27 and yet he's quite experienced. But let's just not 'hype' the guy or pretend he's better than he is or he won such and such useless award because he's really not all that. He's a poor man's Vidic and tries to play with same aggression and tenacity. Difference is Vidic had more brains behind the rough exterior and hence better positioning, tackling, etc.

Despite all that, he should be respected as he's a good defender and unless somebody offers good money for him, Liverpool should and will keep him.

Back
Top Bottom