Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Dempsey is wanted despite his age, he is wanted by our owners and i doubt Rodgers will be against it... he is american and our owners know and like him... i would be very pleased with this...even for more money...he can play at high level next 4-5 years...

btw, Martin Kelly will in the end play on EURO as well, good luck to him...

Kuyt was a good servant....but he really will not fit
into the new manager's style... and will be just a squad player
And it was the right time to leave..

I feel Cole and Aquilani will have better chances to play
under Rodgers.

It is exciting thinking about the potential football and players
we may get.....

Kuyt´s fate was decieded longer ago, he wouldn´t stay even if Mourinho was our next coach...

Becouse he thought he deserved it? I think Kuyt was sure he will leave once he started not to being selected in first 11..he is that type of player..

Becouse he thought he deserved it? I think Kuyt was sure he will leave once he started not to being selected in first 11..he is that type of player..
So our last manager gave him a big contract even though he wasnt going to be a starter and he wasnt the type of player confortable not being a starter. Excellent, what a vision that old man had.

There was a time when Liverpool fans thought Dempsey was not good enough to play for Liverpool. This was two seasons ago...how quickly things can change.

There was a time when Liverpool fans thought Dempsey was not good enough to play for Liverpool. This was two seasons ago...how quickly things can change.

Now we're two years on and he is consistently performing.

Now we're two years on and he is consistently performing.

This is the post of the century. Have you ever considered becoming a spin doctor? Brilliant.

Two years ago, Dempsey already was one of the better players in the EPL, at the time that was what the discussion was about.

Nevertheless: truly brilliant in al it's cynicism.

This is the post of the century. Have you ever considered becoming a spin doctor? Brilliant.

Two years ago, Dempsey already was one of the better players in the EPL, at the time that was what the discussion was about.

Nevertheless: truly brilliant in al it's cynicism.

Your constant jibes and put downs are getting predictable.

Your constant jibes and put downs are getting predictable.

It wasn't meant as a jibe or a put down, but you really gave me the perfect assist. I really don't see why this would mean some disrespect. I really meant that two years ago Dempsey was already the player he was now. Nevertheless, if i offended you: i apologize.

But you gotta admit that at the time Liverpool fans where only thinking in terms of world stars and not "more ordinary but nevertheless exceptionally good players". Since then Liverpool fans have lowered their expectations. And before hell breaks loose, that is not meant as disrespect towards either Liverpool or their fans.

Players like Dempsey (or Kagawa who was just bought by Man Utd)do seem less fancy but can also win big prizes for teams. You only have to look at a club like Newcastle to see what good transfer policy can do with a club. Players like Cabaye, Demba Ba, Papis Cisse and Tioté are good for years now. Can you imagine Liverpool with Cissé upfront and Cabaye, Tioté and Ben Arfa behind him?

Last edited:

I am a big fan of Kuijt but it was something we should of done a couple seasons back. Finally we can solve the issue of having a proper right sided player. Here's hoping the likes of downing will be shifted to make room for true quality.

Apparently we've been linked with making a move for walcott, a player that gets huge critiscm from alot of people i'll say this he's not a winger, lacks game intelligence and his end product can be poor at times but his stats are good and he has 1 more year left on his contract. Maybe with some direction Rodgers can mould him into a better player.

Personally I hope we're seriously looking at affelay, class player and would be a steal at £10m.

He is also a liverpool fan. Affelay and Walcott are much more explosive options than what we currently have in the wings. Alhough I dont know what I would do with Henderson and Downing. They are good players, of course their value has nothing to do with what Dalglish paid for them, but now with a manager they can start producing things. I would keep them and give them one more season.
Priorities for me are in other positions. A centreback, a creative midfielder and a striker.

Last edited:

With Henderson, you have a creative midfielder. The problem was that Dalglish played him out of position.

With Henderson, you have a creative midfielder. The problem was that Dalglish played him out of position.

Agree. The general problem with Liverpool's system / players the past few years has been a reluctance to attack as a team and instead focus on one or two very talented players to make the difference. With the money paid expectations were that Carroll, Henderson and Downing would take up part of that burden, which they haven't. So now it's really only Suarez as Gerrard has been playing deeper.

From what I have read about the style Rodgers wants to introduce you need quite a few players that are tidy and "always" keep possesion. Henderson can do that very well imo, Downing also (but he would need to add more attacking results aswell).

Downing just isn't good enough, Henderson is young and could definitely be molded into a player that works in such a system and young enough that you don't need to throw him straight into the team as he's got years ahead of him.

tumblr_m55r3xhXPJ1qjim3oo1_500.jpg

Hi friends! We are already in Gdansk. Now begins the countdown to start the Euro! And finally I can keep in touch with all of you by Facebook! A hug!

AuqQatiCQAA1SpA.jpg

Luis Suárez wins 'Best Uruguayan Athlete of the Year' award (a.k.a 'Charrúa de Oro') for the 3rd time

Steve Clarke has left Liverpool - that's a big blow. He's an excellent coach.

Wonder if Rodgers wants to bring in his own team, or if Clarke has been offered a bigger job somewhere.

It wasn't meant as a jibe or a put down, but you really gave me the perfect assist. I really don't see why this would mean some disrespect. I really meant that two years ago Dempsey was already the player he was now. Nevertheless, if i offended you: i apologize.

But you gotta admit that at the time Liverpool fans where only thinking in terms of world stars and not "more ordinary but nevertheless exceptionally good players". Since then Liverpool fans have lowered their expectations. And before hell breaks loose, that is not meant as disrespect towards either Liverpool or their fans.

Players like Dempsey (or Kagawa who was just bought by Man Utd)do seem less fancy but can also win big prizes for teams. You only have to look at a club like Newcastle to see what good transfer policy can do with a club. Players like Cabaye, Demba Ba, Papis Cisse and Tioté are good for years now. Can you imagine Liverpool with Cissé upfront and Cabaye, Tioté and Ben Arfa behind him?

I wasn't offended it was just a typical negative post from you.

I've always rated Dempsey, I love his attitude. He's proven for years now he could do a job in a top team and I'd welcome him. Whilst he might have been the player he is now...given he is still doing it after all this time shows he wasn't a flash in the pan.

We aren't going to get the world class players, but then again, were xabi alonso, lucas and mascherano world class players before they came to us? I wouldn't say so.

I envy the Newcastle supporters now, but I don't think them players will be there for long, which is a shame. I think the manager has got the best out of every one of them players.

PS - Let's hope we get a good season out of Cole.

I really hope you're right.

I have a friend who is a season ticket holder at Sunderland and he said that he is class and should excel for us.

Give Henderson confidence and credit and he will be great for Liverpool.
My posts are never meant to be negative. But sometimes i have the feeling that (some) English fans are extremely sensitive about their favourite club.
Personally i call myself a Spurs fan, but most English football fans will not call me a fan as i like other English teams too even big rivals (i'm fond of Arsenal). And concerning Liverpool: i want them to become the big club again. If a club or a player does well, i'm the first to acknowledge that. The problem is that lately Liverpool didn't do very well. It seems as if fans can only accept that their club is not doing well, from other fans, not from outsiders.

Concerning Liverpool: give Rodgers credit. I don't think his first season will be an immediate success unless he can unearth a few gems on the tranfer market. IMO the owners have lost precious time on the transfer market. They should have appointed Rodgers quicker... But like i said, it is possible to build a strong team without fancy players that half of Europe want to buy.

Give Henderson confidence and credit and he will be great for Liverpool.
My posts are never meant to be negative. But sometimes i have the feeling that (some) English fans are extremely sensitive about their favourite club.
Personally i call myself a Spurs fan, but most English football fans will not call me a fan as i like other English teams too even big rivals (i'm fond of Arsenal). And concerning Liverpool: i want them to become the big club again. If a club or a player does well, i'm the first to acknowledge that. The problem is that lately Liverpool didn't do very well. It seems as if fans can only accept that their club is not doing well, from other fans, not from outsiders.

Concerning Liverpool: give Rodgers credit. I don't think his first season will be an immediate success unless he can unearth a few gems on the tranfer market. IMO the owners have lost precious time on the transfer market. They should have appointed Rodgers quicker... But like i said, it is possible to build a strong team without fancy players that half of Europe want to buy.

I am hoping Rodgers does with Liverpool.....what Pardew did with Newcastle
last year.....
i.e. ...get some good technical players on lower budget and take us up the table....

Henderson and Downing will BOTH do much better next season. Mark my words.

Back
Top Bottom