Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

No chance.

A lot of fans are still bitter about his departure to Wigan a few years back. Some rumours going around now that Gus Poyet is going to be approached, but I'm not too sure about that, given he has a five year contract at Brighton.

No chance.

A lot of fans are still bitter about his departure to Wigan a few years back. Some rumours going around now that Gus Poyet is going to be approached, but I'm not too sure about that, given he has a five year contract at Brighton.

You could have £5m from us to use to get Poyet though?

Could Aquilani and Cole have a future under Rodgers?

Hopefully yes i'd give em a chance can be no worse than what
we got now and if Rodgers wants to get rid of the british flops
then i'll be very happy with that.

We were linked with Allen last season.

Sigurðsson I would be over the moon with us stealing
him 6.8m is a ridiculously low price for such a quality
suprised bigger clubs aren't in for him.

I like Rodgers he has some steel to him and plays good
football, i'm a little worried about giving him too much
power think it would be good to have a dof/technical director.

Pretty sure Van Gaal will still be joining him, or at least someone to fill that role.

A few people make a good point that Clarke offered to resign but has stayed. He's worked with Rodgers at Chelsea so that might explain why he didn't leave in the end.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Rodgers wanted to sell a lot of Dalglish signings and that was a big condition for him joining.
Im incredibly excited about Rodgers after reading this.
Would be awsome to get Sigurðsson if he is not going to Swansea

Last edited:

Im incredibly excited about Rodgers after reading this.
Would be awsome to get Sigurðsson if he is not going to Swansea

After reading that link, i'm very excited too.

His attitude to the game is spot on. If he can get us playing that football, I will start going to more games!

He wont. He is clearly going to leave this transfer summer. Finally, we are going to have a real striker.

after reading that im looking forward now to a fresh start and new philosophy for liverpool,finally the team will play the game with a 21st century system with hopefully players that will fit it:))

great post about Rodgers from the net:

Today is a good day. Liverpool have unveiled an absolute diamond of an appointment. For the first time since the genius of Benitez was forced form the club by the tyranny of Hicks and Gillett Liverpool have someone in place to return the club to glory. It is the first time in well over two decades they have the proper owners and the proper manager working in tandem.

Rodgers has shown him to be a very astute man. The way he handled Liverpool's advances showed a man who knows he is a special manager and a man clear in his own mind about how he should run the club. Instead of whoring himself to the media he made Liverpool work to secure him. And he did it on his terms. The way he wouldn't go near the Chelsea job shows a man who knew his time would come. Rodgers is an intelligent man who has a modern knowledge and schooling few can match. His teams play great football. He uses his spare time to go and study other teams. A fluent Spanish speaker he spent recent summers furthering his knowledge and in particular has strong links with Barcelona. People in the know and people who's opinion should be respected all admire Rodgers.

Rodgers will be given time for his ideas and philosophies to take hold. This isn't Roy Hodgson. This is a man who plays football properly. Hodgson was foisted unto the club by a dysfunctional and toxic regime. Rodgers was the considered choice of a progressive regime that took advice from the right people. Liverpool fans will support him. For all the mud slung at how they treated Hodgson Liverpool fans were remarkably tolerant and courteous to Hodgson. He never received personal abuse at games and the first dissent voiced at his management came 6 months into the job with the team in a relegation battle and the dissent came in the form of chanting someone else's name.

Rodgers will not tolerate fools. Catching the Manchester City juggernaut is an unrealistic target in the next few years. But every other team that finished above Liverpool this year have inherent problems. Chelsea don't have a manager and have an ageing clique in their squad that rule the roost in the dressing room. Manchester United are a spent force as their trophyless season began to reveal. They are in financial trouble and giving Scholes a new contract as Pogba goes to Juventus shows Ferguson has no regard for the club beyond his forthcoming exit. Arsenal have a board who are pocketing serious money instead of investing and a manager who deflects the heat away from that. Not to mention the likely departure of Van Persie. Spurs have a manager who would have gladly walked out in the club this summer and the likely departures of Bale and Modric to contend with after a dire 2nd half to the season. Newcastle will have the vultures circling around their players this summer and will find it hard to repeat this year's success with the surprise factor. Everton don't even merit a comment.

Dalglish had to go and Liverpool had to move on. Today they have done that and they have laid the foundations for significant progress.

YNWA

I love RAWK - such sensible folk:
"Ferguson has no regard for the club beyond his forthcoming exit"

Bwahahaha.

Good luck to Rodgers though.

:LMAO:

I think Rodgers will do well, we'll have a better idea once he starts bringing in players

I quite dont understand all the positive comments about Rodgers from people that have been talking wonders about Dalglish since the day he came in, because his philosophy has nothing to do with Dalglish ´s philosophy, he is a guy that actually works and train his team. Plus, Rodgers is going to have a very difficult work to do thanks to the disaster that Dalglish made last summer transfer.

I hope they don't get a DoF......a good scout like what they have
at Newcastle will do...

Rodgers has a certain philosophy of football.......and I don't think
he will be signing players unless they are strong technically..

Which is why I feel Aquilani and Cole have a great chance...

It will be interesting to see what he does with the squad....

Last edited:

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
re #lfc sporty director role. F.S.G had only 2 external #contenders (L.V.G & txiki) #fact and i'm told they will not abandon that structure.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Latest information I have is FSG remain committed to new managerial structure, even if some job titles are slightly tweaked.

looks so complicated :) wich is great.

I hope someone has a translator for that dude to communicate with the players.

Analyst: So we've run regression on the last 100 matches, and the winger has a distribution of crosses that roughly looks poisson in nature, with a tendency to take on the full back 37.5% of the time, while 15.5% of the time he'll cut inside and the remainder he'll go backwards.

Glen Johnson: Erm. Yeah mate. Whatevs. Braaaaaaaap

Johan Cruijff: the most difficult aspect of football is to keep it simple.
I hope Rodgers gets some credit from the fans, i was really impressed with Swansea, they played fantastic football. Imagine Liverpool playing that kind of football? That would be great.

On the other hand: i feel for Swansea. Hope they can find a good replacement and don't loose too much good players. They face a difficult second season.

BRENDAN Rodgers has described Swansea City and Liverpool as "two class acts" after quitting the Liberty to take over at Anfield.

And Rodgers has set himself the target of leading Liverpool back towards the top end of the Premier League over the next couple of seasons.

Rodgers will today be unveiled as the new Reds boss after agreeing a three-year deal on Merseyside.

And he believes that given time and cash to invest in the playing squad, he can steer the five-time European Cup winners forward.

"The challenge for me at Liverpool, as it was when I came to Swansea, is to prove myself to the people both on and off the field," Rodgers said. "I will do what I have always done, which is to be committed to improving the club. The club's success will be the most important thing and we'll see where we are in the next few years."

As Liverpool manager, Rodgers will have transfer funds at his disposal that he could only have dreamt of at Swansea.

He insisted that Liverpool's owners scrapped the idea of appointing a director of football before agreeing to succeed Kenny Dalglish (below), so the responsibility for signing new players will lie with him.

"The challenge is to keep improving the group," Rodgers added.

"It's about getting into the real world. It's a group that I think in a couple of years can be competitive at the top end, but I will need to spend a little bit of money and I will need time to work. I will need time to bring my identity into the team — I need time to impose my philosophy on the group.

"There are some wonderful players at Liverpool, but to bring all that into the team is going to take a wee bit of time.

"It's a job where I need to align the playing identity and style and success with the supporters, because the supporters at Liverpool are renowned."

Rodgers has not forgotten how his side were applauded by the natives after Swansea's impressive goalless draw at Anfield last November.

He added: "I said before that I liken the Liverpool supporters to the Swansea supporters because of their education in the game, and I said that long before any of this came about. That's a massive part of the draw for me. The two clubs are very similar in that they are both class acts.

"The supporters at both clubs are brilliant. They are very passionate about their clubs, they love their cities and they are very educated in football terms.

"I believe there's a similar feel going into Liverpool as there was when I came into Swansea."

sounds like a politician :LOL: Arry`s approach is simple crack a few jokes and get on with it I say!

This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins reveals #LFC unable to sign players from Swansea for 12 months as part of the compensation deal for Rodgers.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
I wonder if conversations taking place with Txiki Beguiristain mean that they will work together

I thought that was a good press conference by Rodgers. He seems confident, respectful. determined and eager. Also confirmation that there's going to be a few appointments rather than one DoF position.

I think he might do well :ANX:

But I'll reserve judgement until I see the players he'll bring in and possibly ship out.

I think he might do well :ANX:

But I'll reserve judgement until I see the players he'll bring in and possibly ship out.

I'm very much looking forward to his transfer dealings. He was asked how soon he's going to be looking at transfers and replied saying he's meeting the scouts this afternoon.

Also mentioned that there's money to buy players, not overflowing over the edge of the wheelbarrow but there's money.

Back
Top Bottom