Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

Rob Stewart ‏@RobStewart_
Just told by very good source high up in footy circles that Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers has actually accepted Liverpool manager's job #lfc

Ian McGarry ‏@garbosj
Swansea have received request from #LFC to be allowed to speak with manager Brendan Rodgers. #Swans

I agree, Pipa. We need this management in place so we can get transfers done.

Edit:
duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
the search for the new #lfc manager is over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodgers actually worked with Chelsea's youth team if I'm right...
when Mourinho was around......so maybe he can work with Clarke.
so he does have some "big" club experience..

Martinez as DoF is not bad.......but I can't see it....especially
since he is so young and loves to be coaching.

So it may be Van Gaal as DoF...

So does anyone know if clarke is still at the club? The last bit of info i read said he resigned out of respect for kenny but that it wasnt accepted by the club and that he would be staying on.

Rodgers spent a good while with clubs like Barca, Valencia and Sevilla learning how they work. Also some time with Ajax.

Paul Tomkins: "Someone I know reckons it’s sorted and that it’s Rodgers, Van Gaal and Segura as the management/techncial team."

that would be awsome outcome imho.

i realy look forward to next season if this guys are at our side!

Or it will just be Van Gaal as manager ....with someone else as DoF

Van Gaal was rumored to be saying the announcement will come Friday...
and that he has agreed to join Liverpool.

Liverpool are rumored to make an announcement this Friday...

I think Martinez will announce that he is staying at Wigan today...

Rodgers is just having a routine meeting with Swansea chairman

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/576308958?-19388

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/576302006?-19388

Announcement expected to be on Friday to coincide with the new kit launch.

Paul Tomkins: "Someone I know reckons it’s sorted and that it’s Rodgers, Van Gaal and Segura as the management/techncial team."

that would be awsome outcome imho.

i realy look forward to next season if this guys are at our side!

If he is willing to pass that info on I would expect it to be true. After all he has contact with Henry and was asked to give his opinions early in their ownership.

Where has Tomkins posted that, Pipa?

4022812485_f4a9f33406.jpg

Anyway, Liverpool have not contacted Swansea about Brendan Rodgers, despite what the press and certain people on Twitter are saying. I've been told this by a few people, one of whom works for the club. Today's meeting between Brendan and Huw Jenkins was just a routine thing, obviously some press hacks were putting two and two together and getting five as their answer.

Apologies in advance for any possible nerves my post may hit, but if the manager of your own club was being linked with a move away by the media, especially after a decent season, you'd be concerned and talking with a defensive attitude too!

Last edited:

According to Duncan Jenkins, we're at contract stage with Rodgers.

Rubbish.

One thing that has certainly pushed the rumour to the top was the fact that Rodgers flew back from the US yesterday and was having a meeting with the chairman. The press (including the Cardiff centric Welsh media) stirred the pot, fact is Rodgers was in the US to watch the Wales v Mexico friendly in NY, not just on an FAW invite, but also four Swansea players were playing.

I'm pretty sure Gylfi Sigurðsson wouldn't have agreed personal terms ahead of his £6.8mil transfer if he wasn't assured that Brendan was staying.

Rubbish.

One thing that has certainly pushed the rumour to the top was the fact that Rodgers flew back from the US yesterday and was having a meeting with the chairman. The press (including the Cardiff centric Welsh media) stirred the pot, fact is Rodgers was in the US to watch the Wales v Mexico friendly in NY, not just on an FAW invite, but also four Swansea players were playing.

I'm pretty sure Gylfi Sigurðsson wouldn't have agreed personal terms ahead of his £6.8mil transfer if he wasn't assured that Brendan was staying.

You could be right. But his name is around a LOT at the moment.

Josh ‏@joshuad_
@BenSmithBBC says on 5 Live that Swansea's claims that an #LFC approach was not mentioned during today's meeting are hard to believe.

Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool
@BenSmithBBC on @bbc5live "Rodgers is certainly Front runner for the Liverpool job" #LFC

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
#LFC have renewed attempts to speak with Rodgers. No deal done yet but Rodgers taking the approach much more seriously.

For some reason...I'm having a tough time believing these rumours...

first it was AVB...who was favorite...

then Martinez...

then Rodgers...

I think some of the media are putting 2+2 and getting 5

I suspect it will not be Rodgers...

I'd be surprised if it wasn't Rodgers.

hmm i think we were realy after more names, after all this club means a lot in world football, we still have big name.. despite our current standings...

i think many people are probably only re-tweeting or re-writing the rumours obviously, but many important people already speak of Rodgers as our manager..nevermind, also Jackarmy has a good point.. i would be realy pissed of myself if i was in his situation..

i don´t know what candidate for next job i prefeur, i´m already in a stage where i think we just need to act fast for the sake of next season or just the transfer window that needs to be huge again... we need to build our team and invest in some key areas to even think of compeeting for top 4 next season...

Rodgers would have a massive job, but i can only think he must be honoured being linked with one of most succesfull clubs in country...the same Martinez...

dags,really?youre quoting duncan jenkins?fat dunc of kraptalk?thought you would have known better......

According to some of these tweets.... Klopp was the favorite a few days ago

Really can't be sure....since too many media folks and fans are reading
in between the lines...me too :-)

Just hope Liverpool FC end up with the best available manager
who can take us forward....

hmm i think we were realy after more names, after all this club means a lot in world football, we still have big name.. despite our current standing...

That will be the problem for Martinez or Rodgers unless they have immediate success. Meanwhile Henry is wasting time. As long as the new manager and/or DOF isn't there, there will be no transfers.

Dan Roan ‏@danroan
BBC's Pat Murphy reports Brendan Rodgers expected to be confirmed as new L'pool manager next 48 hrs. Compensation talks with Swansea ongoing

Paul Plunkett ‏@PaulPlunkett66
Brendan Rodgers will be next Liverpool manager. Just compensation to be agreed #lfc

Ties in with being unveiled on Friday along with the Warrior sponsorship starting.

If we are this far into talks with Swansea, it shows the professionalism of Swansea and Jenkins compared to the embarrassment of Dave Whelan. Makes you wonder if his constant media-whoring maybe put us off Martinez.

Would be quite some planning if they manage to present the new management team together with the new kit launch. Could be one of the biggest media coverage launch for a kit....ever. Generally nobody is that bothered about it, but the new managementteam will get a huge amount of coverage, with the new kit being added for the ride. Nice bonus for the sponsor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom