Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

BBC saying we wont be getting a DoF and Rodgers will have full control.

Also:

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
#lfc scouted joe allen last season, who knows if rodgers will bring him but it would make sense as the club & current #lfc scouts like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allen is a good player, isn't he? Heard Man Utd were scouting him last season as well as us.

I'd have been happy with either Martinez or Rodgers. From what I've read (I only tend to watch Liverpool matches), both like a passing game based around possession of the ball. Rodgers's history sounds good with his experience of learning in various countries and the way he likes his teams to play football sounds superb.

Whether it's too early in his career to take on a job like Liverpool and the pressure that comes with it (the Reading job didn't go so well for him) remains to be seen but it could turn out to be a very good move.

I'd be interested to hear Jackarmy's view and how he thinks he'll get on, what players he thinks will fit in with his style and what players are likely to be sold.

Wouldnt be too pleased if its only Rodgers. The combination with Van Gaal sounded really good, especially as Rodgers has experience at both Barca and Ajax.

Wouldnt be too pleased if its only Rodgers. The combination with Van Gaal sounded really good, especially as Rodgers has experience at both Barca and Ajax.

Well Ayre has already stated there wont be a DoF but the DoF role duties will be spread amongst other people. Martinez is rumoured to have turned down the job because he'd be working under 2-3 people and he wanted full control.

Pep Segura is expected to get a technical role, we're supposed to be bringing in someone to work on the stats side (I saw his name earlier, he's worked at Spurs and Portsmouth), and Van Gaal is still supposed to be arriving.

Allen is a good player, isn't he? Heard Man Utd were scouting him last season as well as us.

I'd have been happy with either Martinez or Rodgers. From what I've read (I only tend to watch Liverpool matches), both like a passing game based around possession of the ball. Rodgers's history sounds good with his experience of learning in various countries and the way he likes his teams to play football sounds superb.

Whether it's too early in his career to take on a job like Liverpool and the pressure that comes with it (the Reading job didn't go so well for him) remains to be seen but it could turn out to be a very good move.

I'd be interested to hear Jackarmy's view and how he thinks he'll get on, what players he thinks will fit in with his style and what players are likely to be sold.

I don´t think he is in the mood to talk about it mate... i feel sorry for him if they lose Rodgers as i like Swansea as a team...as well as Cardiff, welsh teams overall have great support... there are lot´s of LFC fans in Swansea as i heard as well..

I don´t think he is in the mood to talk about it mate... i feel sorry for him if they lose Rodgers as i like Swansea as a team...as well as Cardiff, welsh teams overall have great support... there are lot´s of LFC fans in Swansea as i heard as well..

Agreed, I feel very sorry for them. But then they brought in Martinez, followed by Rodgers. They know the kind of managers that they want to hopefully they'll follow on and bring in another good manager.

TheAnfieldWrap:
Brendan Rodgers, Three Year Deal, Done.

Yep, they reported Jen Chang being done days before anyone else too.

Looking forward to seeing our style of play next season.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
Brendan Rodgers has signed a three-year contract to become the new manager of Liverpool Football Club, confirms @BenSmithBBC

BBC have confirmed that Rodgers will be the new coach..

Ironic that his last game for Swansea was the 1:0 defeat of Liverpool
which was Dalglish's last game too...

Well he seems like a good coach...good football...young...ambitious..
I like the fact that he has links with Spanish teams...and is always
learning new stuff.....it can be good.....provided he is given time
to sign good players and make the team into what he wants....
which will probably take 2 years...

I think this will be a good signing.....

Just hope Rafa gets a job elsewhere....so that fans will stop
chanting his name in case Rodgers stumbles...

I`m not super excited with the appointment of Rodgers as the new manager, but at least I like him more than Martinez. I don't know if his appointment could attract world class players to join Liverpool.
Joe Allen sounds as a great addition to me, I've always admired him as a player. But we need to jump fast in the transfer market now and snap up the Euro players we have targeted because their price after the Euros will get even higher.

He'll do well on his way out......
I hope this means Adam, Caroll and Downing will be gone....
I can see Henderson staying though..

Can't see Carragher getting a sniff....given how much he hoofs it.

Very interesting article..... I like his philosophies...
the man seems to be a tactician and has a clear idea of how
to play....and sees Spanish football as the template....

Will be very interesting to see who he signs.....I'm assuming
he will have some money to buy a few players...
and hopefully ship out some of the weaker players.

Also, if Brendan does come back for any of our players, you can take Gary Monk. But hands off everyone else! :SHOCK:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Rodgers wanted to sell a lot of Dalglish signings and that was a big condition for him joining.

"I like everything in him," Mourinho said. "He is ambitious and does not see football very differently from myself.
"He is open, likes to learn and likes to communicate."

If Mourinho praises him then who are we to judge his managerial skills. I think he'll do just fine, lets hope he gets all the players he wants and with Van Gaal as DoF it would get even better.

He'll do well on his way out......
I hope this means Adam, Caroll and Downing will be gone....
I can see Henderson staying though..

Can't see Carragher getting a sniff....given how much he hoofs it.

Very interesting article..... I like his philosophies...
the man seems to be a tactician and has a clear idea of how
to play....and sees Spanish football as the template....

Will be very interesting to see who he signs.....I'm assuming
he will have some money to buy a few players...
and hopefully ship out some of the weaker players.

Yeah I can't see Adambeing kept. Too slow in movement and thinking. Downing could be fine imo, he has enough skill and works hard enough aswell. Carra was out anyway, Reina should be used even better now. Henderson probably fits the type of player well tbh, he is always looking for the quick pass and works hard aswell, and is young enough to train the system into him. Not sure about Carroll, he was doing well the last few games and showing a lot of movement and fight without the ball? But then he was at his best with the balls being hit up early. He could still be usefull. Lucas, Gerrard, Suarez, Agger, Maxi?, Kuyt, Johnson, Enrique should all fit in well with the style. Although whether Gerrard still has the legs is another matter. At AM he should be able to do well, with Lucas and Henderson behind him.

Interesting times. Although I cant see it going well next season with a limited pre season and possibly a quite big change to how they will be playing.

Guess we should al be hoping for a cracking euro2012 for andy then.....might get a decent price if they sell him.

Last edited:

Typical...

Already talk of Liverpool wanting Joe Allen doing the rounds, and Sigurðsson possibly not going to sign after agreeing terms, and god knows who else has been linked to a move to Merseyside. I'm starting to feel sick.

Well,who knows?I have a feeling Liverpool are still going to be sh*t in EPL nevertheless...

Typical...

Already talk of Liverpool wanting Joe Allen doing the rounds, and Sigurðsson possibly not going to sign after agreeing terms, and god knows who else has been linked to a move to Merseyside. I'm starting to feel sick.

Gutted for you mate. You're supposed to be getting £5m in compensation and looking at La Liga for your next boss so things could still work out well for you.

Could Aquilani and Cole have a future under Rodgers?

Looks like it's Rodgers then, will be interesting to see him at LFC.

I hope Pep Guardiola thinks we're the club to "seduce" him! :P

Would seem like a natural next step. Hopefully they can get somebody good to keep the team playing how they are.

Forgot about them Dags, they have had two full seasons, more or less, and could fit in well. Although it might be better to just get rid of them and off the wagebill.

Still really hoping Van Gaal will get a position.

Typical...

Gotta feel for Swansea.....they had something special there...
hope they find someone good

big summer ahead..

@jackarmy i hope Swansea won´t suffer a lot.. hope you attract a great coach.. i feel for you in this situation...

as for Rodgers, he has the hardest job in world football..hardest to please the new generation of fans, hardest in terms of pressure to win...

wish him luck, he will need it...

massive summer ahead i hope

What a difference 12 months make.

30th May 2011: Jacks fans getting totally caned on flat bitter at Wembley after an epic playoff final win over Reading. Brendan Rodgers can walk on water, he's led us to the promised land and created history: a foreign team in the Premier League, totally unthinkable! Planet Swans website goes into meltdown due to lots of happy Jacks.

30th May 2012: Elvis costumes appear in their hundreds from the SA1 postcode area on eBay, and the hashtag #JUDAS seems to be trending on Twitter. One white "Total Football" flag often seen at the Liberty Stadium meets untimely demise with a cigarette lighter. Planet Swans website goes into meldown due to lots of angry Jacks.

I bet after all the dust has settled we'll end up getting Rafa Benítez as our next manager. :FAIL:

Back
Top Bottom