Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

do you think he'll sell much or just look to add?

I think he'll keep the majority of the main team, but there's definitely going to be some players leaving. Maxi has supposedly been told he's going either way due to his high wage and age.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the following were sold:

Downing
Adam
Brad Jones
Spearing

That should bring in a few extra funds on top of what he'll have anyway.

How much do you think we'll get for Downing and Adam? There's no team willing to pay more than £10m for Downing and £5m for Adam.
So I'd keep Downing and ship out these players: Spearing, Maxi, Adam, Cole, Kuyt and Aquilani.

Their departure would add some extra founds in the region of £20m, which could be used to bring in a world class striker or an attacking midfielder.

Not sure if you would even get 20mil for those players;
Kuyt is 1mil due to clause.
Maxi is free.
Aquilani wont be more than 5 as Ac didnt even want to pay the 6 in the clause.
Spearing is maybe 3, if that.
Adam 5.
Cole 2? His wages would be an issue.

So maybe 15mil for those players, with a rumoured 25 from the club. That would be 2 or 3 1st team players.

I don't think he's the type to go for world class. He seems the type who'd get players that suit his philosophy.

i´m pleased we found a manager to fit the owners image and obviously i belive he will hopefully start new phylosophy in the way this team will play..

i just pray we buy two top class wingers at least and use them...

Maxi will definetly leave..for others is pure speculation, pre season might tell us more...

This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins reveals #LFC unable to sign players from Swansea for 12 months as part of the compensation deal for Rodgers.
Which is sterling work from Huw Jenkins to protect us from an exodus heading your way. You have Brendan, but you can't touch our squad. There was much talk doing the paper rounds of the likes of Joe Allen and Scott Sinclair making the move. Huw even commented that Sigurðsson will join us, just that it is taking longer than expected because it coincided with his holiday but talk is he will sign for us when he gets back.

Rumour has it we're getting £7million in compensation.

Last edited:

I hope Rodgers gets the respect in the dressing room.....
one of the key elements....
If he can woo them with his tiki-taka style of play...
which Liverpool players and fans will love...
then he will have the authority to ship out the hoof-merchants
and the not-so-technical players...

I'd prefer he kept Maxi and Aquilani.....since they are both technical...

It sounds good......that he seems will be given some time....
But the key is the dressing room.....

Good appointment. I like him a lot and think he'd do better than Martinez.

I think the future is bright. It'll take a 3-4 years for Liverpool to be challenging for title but like he said, the process and the new cycle starts today. Liverpool will slowly but surely and gradually get better over the next few years.

I just read we've signed Diame from Wigan on a free.

Class signing, he's a power house.

Re: Liverpool Thread

Really can't imagine Carroll would be part of Rodgers' plans, he can't actually play football.

Mind you I can't imagine anyone buying him.

Is there anything equivalent to being cut in soccer/football?
In the US if you really just can't cut it you get cut. Or I think it's waivers if your contract still has time on it.

Mind you I can't imagine anyone buying him.

That is rather exagerated. The last weeks i've seen pretty good matches by him. I don't like his type of player, but the last weeks he has praven that he is considerably better than i thought he was. I can see him being very good for teams like Villa, Everton, Norwich, Fulham...
If he got better service he might have been more influential for Liverpool aswell, but i can't see him fit in the football Rodgers wants.

Happy birthday LFC!!

9kcgax.jpg

Kuyt is definitely worth more than £1m and I for one wasn't expecting this move right now.
Seems like Rodgers wants to clean the house as soon as possible and I hope Kuyt will be followed by players like Maxi, Spearing, Adam ...

that is a steal by Fenerbahce...it realy seems the summer already begun at LFC...

Good luck Dirk and thank´s for everything, realy a great rolemodel professional and fighter, realy played for LFC with his heart all the time and gave 110%

should of kept Kuyt.. for 1m too wtf!!

but if Dirk isnt going to get the games then he deserves to somewhere, but he is a very good squad player

Kuyt was expected to leave months ago, with suggestions he could've gone in January due to not playing much. £1m is due to Purslow inserting some crazy clause in his contract that let him leave for pennies.

Will certainly miss Kuyt and hope he does well at Fenerbahce.

1M is peanuts but he was on a big contract. I never rated him so happy to see him leave.
I dont know what is true in the reports about us going for Sigurdsson for 6.8 and Dempsey for 4. Both transfers for that money could be a steal.

Back
Top Bottom