Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

I kinda feel this result is the more true Liverpool FC form of nowadays, so glad the smokescreen of Chelsea is gone. What a game at Emirates ..

i fully expect the coach to resign or be fired/replaced tomorow...this shit can´t continue for longer..

we absolutely have no passion, desire, enough skilled players and most of all no tactics to even get a goal.. ffs, the fans deserve at least some passion..

finally the season is over..

i fully expect the coach to resign or be fired/replaced tomorow...this shit can´t continue for longer..

we absolutely have no passion, desire, enough skilled players and most of all no tactics to even get a goal.. ffs, the fans deserve at least some passion..

Glad you can see what some of us were saying a few months ago....
that Dalglish and his signings are not good enough for Liverpool FC.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7754860/Dalglish-takes-swipe-at-rumours

Dalglish will play the legend card, I don't see him going anywhere unless he's removed.

The way he's talking about luck being the reason for the terrible
league form.....
I'm sure he's not going to resign....

See the way he left Celtic and Newcastle....they had to make him walk.

I just hope FSG stop listening to sentimental fans living in the past
when it comes to making footballing decisions....

I will be happy with Martinez or AVB .....a young manager with new ideas
and let him create a team from scratch......get rid of all the big names.

That's the best thing that can happen to us....is a complete clearout
and a new start with a young progressive manager...getting the team to work
hard and be selected on merit....and not on price-tag or legend status.

Last edited:

whatever happened to your blind support?now you get it????only now???

Liverpool should try and get Borrussia Dortmund's coach. What hehe did the last two season is quite impressive.

And maybe he could bring some Dortmund players with him (although i would like that team to stay together for a couple of seasons, they are very promising as a team).

Liverpool should try and get Borrussia Dortmund's coach. What hehe did the last two season is quite impressive.

And maybe he could bring some Dortmund players with him (although i would like that team to stay together for a couple of seasons, they are very promising as a team).

No way that will happen....Jurgen Klopp will be leading Dortmund
back into the Champions League.....they are a young dynamic skilful
team that can go far in the CL.....maybe challenge all the big teams
in Europe....

so why on earth would he come to Liverpool ??
I don't think FSG will have much money to spend...
So not many big names will want to come here.

Which is probably why we are being linked with Martinez
who is used to signing low-priced players and making them play well.

It´s not just the coach we need to chainge, we need to chainge almost everything inside this club...next decisions will be very important and the future of this club depends on them...

we need people in positions that are scouting, club medialisation etc.. the coach need to be working with this people all the time.. we are joke of a club in this areas in our transfers and media approach most of the time...

Why is Martinez being linked, or even talked about as a decent manager? He's just another manager-du-jour-for-the-last-month-of-a-season. (See Owen Coyle for last season, now relegated...). Bruce kept Wigan in a better position than Martinez but nobody is wanting him. Wigan are a poor team, and for some reason manage to keep climbing out of the trapdoor after hanging there by a thread. Might aswell go for Rodgers, better football, cheaper squad and a far better result.

I'd rather neither, but someone like Capello, or AVB, or give KK another season.

It´s not just the coach we need to chainge, we need to chainge almost everything inside this club...next decisions will be very important and the future of this club depends on them...

we need people in positions that are scouting, club medialisation etc.. the coach need to be working with this people all the time.. we are joke of a club in this areas in our transfers and media approach most of the time...

Oh give it a rest Pipa, dramaqueen!

We have one of the best youth academies in the country (which has only recently been set-up so needs time to deliver), we don't have 2 week season long injuries like Arsenal (although we will see what happens with Bruckner leaving) and besides Downing (who should be performing 100%) the others have shown enough, imo, that they will be good signings in 2/3 years time.

Every summer people now talk like the club needs a dramatic overhaul, when has that ever worked at a football club who didn't spend 500+ million?! It doesn't, the team has gotten poor results this season, and have been very inconsistant since the turn of the year. But they have also played enough good football and dominated enough games whilst carrying Carroll for 3/4 and missing Suarez for 1/4 of it.

i´m not saying we need to chainge our academy, i was pointing out at our spending and transfer scouts and the quality they get us... we haven´t got a world class winger in ages...we need more of them not just one to even compare in league + europa league...if we don´t buy world class wings + cm and CF with LB as well this summer, we can forget of a competitive squad or even consistent one...

btw, that "horryble defender" Skrtel was named player of the season ...
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/skrtel-named-lfc-player-of-season

i´m not saying we need to chainge our academy, i was pointing out at our spending and transfer scouts and the quality they get us... we haven´t got a world class winger in ages...we need more of them not just one to even compare in league + europa league...if we don´t buy world class wings + cm and CF with LB as well this summer, we can forget of a competitive squad or even consistent one...

btw, that "horryble defender" Skrtel was named player of the season ...
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/skrtel-named-lfc-player-of-season

just shows how shit you were all year that he was POY

Maybe he should be gone as manager, but he should stay in the club imo. Maybe he's not very good with player choices, tactics etc, but he might be able to instill some confidence given his past as a player.

Why is Martinez being linked, or even talked about as a decent manager? He's just another manager-du-jour-for-the-last-month-of-a-season. (See Owen Coyle for last season, now relegated...). Bruce kept Wigan in a better position than Martinez but nobody is wanting him. Wigan are a poor team, and for some reason manage to keep climbing out of the trapdoor after hanging there by a thread. Might aswell go for Rodgers, better football, cheaper squad and a far better result.

I'd rather neither, but someone like Capello, or AVB, or give KK another season.

I see what you mean and i partly agree. Every year you have a few hyped managers who are seen as the next Ferguson, but turn out to be the next Avram Grant.

On the other hand: Bolton were extremely unlucky, i don't see why Coyle would suddenly be necessarily a bad manager because he managed a relegated side. This in itself doesn't prove anything (the fact that he completely changed his game plan and his team might say more, i have the feeling that if he would have stuck by his principles and played like last season, Bolton would have stayed up).

But your post also illustrates Liverpool's biggest problem: the fans. Liverpool fans expect a big name manager or prefer Dalglish to a young manager. First of all: giants like Capello and Ferguson have also been young unproven manager and somebody took the risk to give them a chance and the rest is history. So maybe people like Martinez, Coyles or Rodgers might be the next Ferguson or Paisley.

The problem is that Liverpool fans expect big name managers. Since the club doesn't play CL that is unlikely to happen. On the other hand, if you get a big name manager, knowing that you don't play CL, he will be very dedicated.

I'm afraid, that if there comes a new manager and it's not a big name, he will face similar difficulties as Hodgson, who never had a fair chance.

..and you'll just end up going round in circles unless the new young manager does enough in their first season to buy time. A big name doesn't guarentee succes, but atleast they will be given more time which can only be a good thing imo. That's why I won't mind Dalglish staying another season to see if he can get it right and prove that this season was down to some bad luck / poor finishing.

5 - Liverpool have become the first team since 1998/99 to miss five penalties in one PL season. Unwanted.

132 - Liverpool allowed the opposition fewer shots on target than any other PL club in 2011-12. Parsimonious.

33 - Liverpool set a new record for woodwork hits this season in the EPL - more times than Arsenal and Man Utd combined (32). Margins.

Pretty poor luck and finishing right there.

I do agree with Gerd somewhat, at what point is it bad luck and at what point is it a structural issue. The finishing in general has been very poor this season, and the woodwork is part of it.

At the same time a 5-10% swing in Liverpool's favour could make a huge difference so that's why I'm not for removing Dalglish for the sake of it.

A LOT of talk that Dalglish has gone.

Well dags, the biggest favour Liverpool can do it's opponents is talking about bad luck. Talking about bad luck is deluding yourself.

For some reason this squad simply was not good enough. Maybe next season the same squad will reach a top 4 position...to be honest i remember that i predicted Liverpool to finish second in summer. I was pretty convinced about the quality of the players and i had also changed my opinion about Dalglish (you might remember that when he came instead of Hodgson i said that this was not a good idea). At the end of the 2010-2011 season Liverpool had good results with splendid football.
Something did not work this season, but it wasn't bad luck.

i think the owners will wait until tomorrow to announce the sacking,the english media will be too busy with roy hodgsons england team to make a fuss

Luck normally evens out.....
we were lucky to have won the Carling Cup....the way we played in that Final.....we were lucky to have won the FA cup in 2001, CL in 2005..
FA cup in 2006....

The problem for Hodgson was that Dalglish had put his name forward
for the manager post, and was rejected in favor of Hodgson...
....then Hodgson needed to get very good results..
The results never came except in the Europa league...
(sounds familiar to Dalglish's cup runs)

And once Hodgson started making stupid comments and his team
were playing crap....the fans felt incensed about Dalglish not
being given the chance.....and were very vocal against Hodgson.

So FSG bowed to fan pressure and got Dalglish.....

Now if they are going to sack Dalglish then they should not
make the mistake of keeping him in the club....because we need a
clean break.....we can't afford to have a new manager with Dalglish's
shadow looming large......because Dalglish still wants to be manager...
and the fans will be chanting his name the minute the new manager
struggles...

If we are going for Martinez....then we need a big clearout of the
squad in favor of younger players....because I dont think these younger
managers work well with experienced players....look at AVB's fate at Chelsea.

AVB for me would be best choice....since he has more experience
and has proven himself with Porto......

if i look on this matter from economical view and if i was the owner, i would not give Dalglish another transfer window..

but i have to agree partly with DagsJT, this season we created, but didn´t deliver.. it´s not Dalglish managing that i´m affraid off...it´s his transfer targets and the way we deal with transfers...it´s been a disasteur...comparing with the likes of Newcastle or even Everton who bought wise..

i don´t think we should sell either to many players...but we need to attract top quality to think of competing long term during the long season in two or three competitions.. with aim to win at least the cups..becouse there is no chance at the moment for even top 4 spot, not the league...

this season i think won´t repeat..United were not themselfs, yet they almost won it, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea all struggle comparing to previous seasons.. it was a golden opportunity for LFC to get the top 4... next season we are against 5-6 teams who will be stronger definetly...will we be stronger ? One two top players out and we are again in fight to replace them...we never replaced Alonso, Torres, not even Arbeloa and Riera i think...

that´s what worries me most, not Dalglish manager ability, but his transfer targets..and i´m affraid the money we recieve has to be lower this time, maybe not on the price of player, but definetly his sallary, we have two big earners on loan still in Cole and Aquilani...it´s been joke transfers from past.. i don´t want another big earners who are not quality enough...i rather wait 5 years as BVB fans did to build something as they did with youth...but we need a brand new manager and a brand new strategy for that...

agree with Gerd on one thing, the fans are most dangerous for the club, own fans expect to much but this is not 1986 where there was two teams fighting for the title or three....it´s 2012 and 6 teams are strong equaly +/-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom