Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

I always had the impression that Liverpool's owner was a classy guy...that would have been harsh towards Dalglish and not very intelligent given the fact that Dalglish is a Liverpool legend no matter what he might have done wrong as a manager...

Seems unprofessional to do that.....he should atleast shake hands
even if Dalglish is going to get sacked...

Skrtel is all but bad defender...he made a mistake, maybe...but for whole season and the seasons before he was solid, best defender + not much injured..

i dont overrate him becouse he is from same country as me, but he is very close to be named Liverpool´s player of the season...

i don´t know mate but sometimes i feel you just want to pick on something to argue.. you dont rate players you don´t like, but please be more objective to make such statements.. Liverpool´s season is a bad season not just becouse of players performances...

they play as they are told, they play how they can... and Skrtel certainly is among those few that seem to give a shit most of all + also Carroll from last appereances, even if you don´t mention him...
Agree Skrtel is not a bad a player. Is an awful player, I hope it is his last season here. He is horrible with the ball, slow and makes important mistakes constantly in the defense. The only thing he has is goal.

Agree Skrtel is not a bad a player. Is an awful player, I hope it is his last season here. He is horrible with the ball, slow and makes important mistakes constantly in the defense. The only thing he has is goal.

:YAWN: seriously no need to respond to this ...

To be fair, Chelsea have hardly fielded their best team. Plus - Ferreira is still at Chelsea?!

Sad thing about Downing is despite being utterly shite and proving so this season, he'll be on the plane to Euro 2012.

Enjoy the win Liverpool fans. Then you have something to say for 10 years.

:LOL:

Carroll is rocking this last few games. Said it time and time again...give him the service he will be a beast.

Enjoy the win Liverpool fans. Then you have something to say for 10 years.

realy? i will tell my grandchildren about it.. seriously what this forum is turning to????....

--- good win, to late but i am very happy about Carroll progress, also happy to see our young players score goals..Shelvey and Henderson both very good prospects.. Good to see Sterling get a game again!

Maxi wawing hands suggest it´s probably his last home game..but who knows....

otherwise a good win to late..

goals gifs:

7160042014_89fbc004b1_o.gif

7160112516_4d698fd471_o.gif

7160159590_7fecb8b82a_o.gif

7160380808_673fd8e54d_o.gif

What idiot would keep Downing in a team over Maxi......

Maxi has been ace. Great player and should be used more often.

It's always great to see the family of players.....
very sweet...adorable kids....

Looks like it was a great game....

Let's see what the summer brings

Think Kuyt will leave. Hamburg wants him badly apparently. Probably off to HSV.

Carroll and Downing will have much better seasons next year. Lot of people writing both of them off but they will combine to produce a lot of goals next year. Mark my words. Downing CAN and WILL provide great crosses which Carroll can and WILL capitalize on. His partnership with Suarez can work great as well. Both have started off very badly but do have the ability and it's all about gaining confidence. Carroll's gained a bit of it over the past few games and everyone can see the DIFFERENCE. As soon as Stewart regains some confidence too, you'll see he's a pretty handy player.

Dalglish continues with his smokescreen....

'We've got a bit of silverware back in the cupboard after six years, we're back in Europe at the first time of asking, we were near to winning the FA Cup final. Not a bad first season,' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Andre-Villas-Boas-failure.html#ixzz1uLO0QFqB

"not a bad first season" ?????????????

Sure...we had 1 great game against Chelsea.....
and good performances here and there......
but that's 6 home wins in the league.....and not a bad season ??

Kenny Dalglish and his tactics and selections will continue
to be our downfall.....
The fans are too blinded by his legendary status and achievements
he had in the 70s-80s....

Hopefully FSG will not look at one result....but
see that we have under-achieved throughout the season in the League
and that Dalglish is just not the man to take us forward.

Excellent...more Kenny. From a United point of view, it's a double-edged sword - Kenny is great at getting Liverpool up for the matches against us. But I guess I'll take that as long as 19 remains the benchmark - which it will while Kenny is in charge.

Though, to be honest, even Mourinho or Fergie won't be able to topple City next year with Pool's squad, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

It was encouraging last night, very encouraging. But I have some controversial points to make and others feel free to chip in with your comments.

Pleasing aspects -

Carroll. Immense. Why can't he do this every week? He won every challenge there was, whether it be on the deck or in the air, simply unplayable last night.

Henderson and Jonjo. Both were excellent, both showed willingness and work rate and this could very well be the future. They will make the odd mistake here and there, but ultimately they played well together.

Carroll/Suarez axis. Excellent.

Team tactics - Excellent. Slow build up at times to draw Chelsea out, but more often than not, fast and direct. THIS is how Liverpool should play every week, fast dynamic, and getting the ball forward up front as quick as possible, and then support. Liverpool have been too lethargic for too many games this year, they need to play at a fast tempo, all time.

Controversial points -

Okay here goes. Reina. I think he's had a very poor season to be honest. It would be unfair to apportion a lot of the blame to him, but he has let a lot of average goals in this year. Needs to shape up.

Suarez. Now I understand that it's his game to take on players, but I just wish he'd be a little less greedy on times. The amount of times he loses it in the final third when an easier pass is on to set up a goal scoring chance is getting absurd. He needs more composure in front of goal too, spurns too many chances, and just needs to be a bit more team orientated.

The Gerrard effect. I hate to say this. Stevie G is one of my heroes, but the more I see Liverpool play without him, the more it seems to free them up and become less afraid. May be time for Stevie to have a DMF midfield role, or even begin to think about passing the torch to the youngsters. Still a role for him at the club, but thr players to a man seem to freeze whenever he play.

Dalglish & Players. Love the man, Liverpool legend and all. BUT, I think he's lost the plot on several occasions this year. Why aren't we going for team from the start, the FA Cup Final was a case in point, having Suarez stranded for the entire first half? Players. He's all over the shop with his player selection too. Maxi Rodriguez's win ratio when he plays must be through the f'kin roof, why is he not playing every week, the lad has done absolutely nothing wrong in my book, and the way we've treated him and Kuyt is very disrespectful IMO.

He's played Henderson on the right most of the year, what's that all about? Spearing, good work rate, but Shelvey is more creative and athletic, with a lovely touch for a big man. He really grew on me last night, even when he lost the ball first half, he sprinted back and stemmed the attack. Carragher. Liverpool legend, but it's time for him to move on or be used sparingly. No longer has the legs. Liverpool have to be more offensive from defence, and with Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, it provides a better base to start attacks and commit forward.

Downing. This lad is bugging me. He really is. The jury is well and truly out on him. I really can't see him improving that much. For me, he hasn't got the belly for a fight. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I think he is just too soft underneath. He keeps coming inside over and over and over again, it makes me want to smash my glorious plasma.

Enrique to me looks too fat and unfit.

So, after being encouraged by last night's game, I still think we have a long way to go. I would keep Maxi and Kuyt, get rid of Downing, Spearing, Carragher, Flanagan. I would keep Shelvey and Henderson for a basis of a CMF midfield pairing certainly for the start of next year. I would buy a new LB, and a CB to be involved in a selection fight between Agger and Skrtel and new signing, as well as Coates. Johnson I like. He has his critics, but I love his attacking nature. Liverpool have to play with Suarez and Carroll up front, and this is why we need to keep Kuyt as a replacement for Carroll if injured or out. Keep Maxi. Replace Downing with a genuine left winger who can get to the touchline and cross. Line up a goalie for Reina too, I feel his best years are past him now.

Discuss.

It was encouraging last night, very encouraging. But I have some controversial points to make and others feel free to chip in with your comments.

Controversial points -

Okay here goes. Reina. I think he's had a very poor season to be honest. It would be unfair to apportion a lot of the blame to him, but he has let a lot of average goals in this year. Needs to shape up.

Suarez. Now I understand that it's his game to take on players, but I just wish he'd be a little less greedy on times. The amount of times he loses it in the final third when an easier pass is on to set up a goal scoring chance is getting absurd. He needs more composure in front of goal too, spurns too many chances, and just needs to be a bit more team orientated.

The Gerrard effect. I hate to say this. Stevie G is one of my heroes, but the more I see Liverpool play without him, the more it seems to free them up and become less afraid. May be time for Stevie to have a DMF midfield role, or even begin to think about passing the torch to the youngsters. Still a role for him at the club, but thr players to a man seem to freeze whenever he play.

Dalglish & Players. Love the man, Liverpool legend and all. BUT, I think he's lost the plot on several occasions this year. Why aren't we going for team from the start, the FA Cup Final was a case in point, having Suarez stranded for the entire first half? Players. He's all over the shop with his player selection too. Maxi Rodriguez's win ratio when he plays must be through the f'kin roof, why is he not playing every week, the lad has done absolutely nothing wrong in my book, and the way we've treated him and Kuyt is very disrespectful IMO.

He's played Henderson on the right most of the year, what's that all about? Spearing, good work rate, but Shelvey is more creative and athletic, with a lovely touch for a big man. He really grew on me last night, even when he lost the ball first half, he sprinted back and stemmed the attack. Carragher. Liverpool legend, but it's time for him to move on or be used sparingly. No longer has the legs. Liverpool have to be more offensive from defence, and with Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, it provides a better base to start attacks and commit forward.

Downing. This lad is bugging me. He really is. The jury is well and truly out on him. I really can't see him improving that much. For me, he hasn't got the belly for a fight. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I think he is just too soft underneath. He keeps coming inside over and over and over again, it makes me want to smash my glorious plasma.

Enrique to me looks too fat and unfit.

So, after being encouraged by last night's game, I still think we have a long way to go. I would keep Maxi and Kuyt, get rid of Downing, Spearing, Carragher, Flanagan. I would keep Shelvey and Henderson for a basis of a CMF midfield pairing certainly for the start of next year. I would buy a new LB, and a CB to be involved in a selection fight between Agger and Skrtel and new signing, as well as Coates. Johnson I like. He has his critics, but I love his attacking nature. Liverpool have to play with Suarez and Carroll up front, and this is why we need to keep Kuyt as a replacement for Carroll if injured or out. Keep Maxi. Replace Downing with a genuine left winger who can get to the touchline and cross. Line up a goalie for Reina too, I feel his best years are past him now.

Discuss.

Totally agree with what you say....

Dalglish has lost the plot many times....and for me he does not
play the best players or the best tactics....
A lot of his decisions are emotional or biased on who the players are
but not how they are playing....mostly in favor of his signings.
He has to be replaced by a better manager....

Gerrard....I agree...his absence makes us so much better....
for me he's not good for central midfield...too ill-disciplined
and always the superstar at the expense of the team.

Carra...should be gone.....
Downing, Spearing, Adam are all 2nd rate and just not good
enough...

Shelvey...he is better than Henderson....
but we need Lucas + new-CM

Maxi, Kuyt...yes they deserve more respect which Dalglish has refused
to show them in favor of his crappy new signings.
I would keep them unless they want to leave.

Enrique...for me he's backup....we need a better left-back

Carroll...well he's shown enough to be kept...or sold for 20m...if anyone buys.
He's still not worth 35m....and his presence means we need 2 pacy wingers to
really make use of him.

The team has shown some passion on and off....but for the majority of the games
Dalglish has not got them to win.....6 wins at home out of 19.....
totally unacceptable.....

Last edited:

I almost totally agree except about Enrique.

About Henderson: imo he is your future leader. I admit that i have a soft spot for him, but give him some confidence and he can become better than Gerrard (Gerrard was immensely talented player and a leader, but tactically he has always been very weak). Henderson is (apart from Suarez) Liverpool's only creative player.

Ifs,and buts ! I think Suarez banned did so much damage. Mentally it took him a few matches to gel . If Carroll n Suarez did what they have being doing earlier it could be Arsenal, Spurs,Newc n Liverpool fighting for 3rd spot.

Not all is lost just need a spark to enlighten these players. A player can have a bad run and turn it completing around next season.

I almost totally agree except about Enrique.

About Henderson: imo he is your future leader. I admit that i have a soft spot for him, but give him some confidence and he can become better than Gerrard (Gerrard was immensely talented player and a leader, but tactically he has always been very weak). Henderson is (apart from Suarez) Liverpool's only creative player.

I do agree about Henderson. Watching him play you can see he has a fast football mind and often tries one-touch attacking passes. The problem atm is that he just hasn't got the consistancy or composure so a lot of those passes end up costing possesion. And then he balances it out with safe passes to keep possesion. Which makes him look crap and a waste of space. But overal he has been better then Lucas was for his first few seasons and we know how that has turned out. He'll do well if he can continue to play and the rest of the team gets some consistantcy and form.

Not world-class, probably a tier below. He's not in the class of van Persie, Rooney, Aguero etc.

For me his link up play, first touch and footballing intelligence is world class and on his day he can score at will.

We've seen it with Ajax, Uruguay and at times with Liverpool. I personally feel that if Dalglish had gone with:

----------------Carroll------------------
--Maxi----------Suarez---------Bellamy---

it would have been a more productive season upfront. Downing has been little short of abysmal. Henderson..... I think Shelvey has more promise. Carroll if he could get his head down and focus on football then he is a capable nine.

Behind them Gerrard and Lucas are fine. Might need to find a fullback though down the right hand side.

Henderson has the potential.....but I think Dalglish has to be
questioned why he kept playing him on the right....
I still can't understand why we're not trying Johnson+Kelly
on the right....it just makes a devastating combination.

Henderson has some creativity for sure....
Shelvey also seems a great player in the making....
lots of confidence and aggression....

If Lucas stays injury-free, I think it will help improve
our midfield quite a bit....

Gerrard...I feel we should consider him on the right wing...
he was devastating there under Rafa...
In fact Gerrard has been good anywhere apart from central
midfield....but Dalglish has just not figured that out.

Spearing for me is last choice......
If Aquilani is coming back...we should sell Spearing.

Sterling hopefully will get more games next season with
the Europa league....

We need 1 striker to back-up Suarez and keep Carroll on his toes.

The thing is...you get the feeling that if Dalglish had played
these players to the best of their positions like what we saw
on Tuesday night against Chelsea....then we would have won
many more games.

So we need far better tactics next season.
Hopefully under a better manager.

Totally agree with what you say....

Dalglish has lost the plot many times....and for me he does not
play the best players or the best tactics....
A lot of his decisions are emotional or biased on who the players are
but not how they are playing....mostly in favor of his signings.
He has to be replaced by a better manager....

Gerrard....I agree...his absence makes us so much better....
for me he's not good for central midfield...too ill-disciplined
and always the superstar at the expense of the team.

Carra...should be gone.....
Downing, Spearing, Adam are all 2nd rate and just not good
enough...

Shelvey...he is better than Henderson....
but we need Lucas + new-CM

Maxi, Kuyt...yes they deserve more respect which Dalglish has refused
to show them in favor of his crappy new signings.
I would keep them unless they want to leave.

Enrique...for me he's backup....we need a better left-back

Carroll...well he's shown enough to be kept...or sold for 20m...if anyone buys.
He's still not worth 35m....and his presence means we need 2 pacy wingers to
really make use of him.

The team has shown some passion on and off....but for the majority of the games
Dalglish has not got them to win.....6 wins at home out of 19.....
totally unacceptable.....

Nice to know at least 3 or 4 of us are on the same wave length in this thread.

this kits might be very close to the real thing...

Asi7vXCCEAE9mgR.jpg

denne2-03.jpg

the club might chainge the badge to the old school liverbird... we know this midnight..

That's a class kit. Soooo much better than United's criss-crossed debacle of next season.

Who are Warrior though? I've never heard of them?

Back
Top Bottom