Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

9G2GT.jpg

Dalglish won´t be here next season, maybe after FA Cup we will know more..

i saw the interview on bbc yesterday...he looks devastated already..

the club need a massive chainge again...more than half of the players just don´t give a damn to wear our shirt, they should not wear it ever again...

I know what you mean.....it feels awful watching our games....

Liverpool need a really tough and strong manager who can kick these players
out and start from the ground up......we need hungry players...
I don't know who is best for the manager...

Sometimes I agree with Abramovich....he does not mess around...
if things are not working ....he changes the manager....
and there is a positive change.

I also agree with how Mike Ashley has turned around Newcastle...
when they sacked Hughton....the entire footballing world went
against him.....and then he sold Carroll....and got Pardew, Cisse, Ba,
Cabaye, Ben Arfa....and now Newcastle are near top-4....and doing so well.

For Liverpool....sometimes I feel we need someone like that
who will not take fan-sentiment and history....but just make
solid decisions.....hopefully FSG will do it this summer.

Money down the drain
Liverpool have reported a loss of almost £50 million for the last financial year as a result of failed new stadium costs and pay-offs to departing members of staff.

The bulk of the loss can be attributed to the club’s owners, Fenway Sports Group (FSG), writing off £35 million associated with the HKS-designed Stanley Park project of predecessors Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Current managing director Ian Ayre insists the accounts, without that “extraordinary” expenditure, are in good shape.

“I guess people will focus on the loss of £49.4 million and there’s no business – or people running any business – who are going to be pleased with any loss,” Ayre told the Liverpool Echo. “But I think the important indicator here is this £59 million charge for exceptional items and as a business that’s been in a transition, it’s about moving from where we were to where we want to be.

“We have written off a huge amount on the stadium project. A big chunk of that £50 million loss relates to the HKS project – which is now defunct – and associated costs around that.”

The other big unnecessary expenditure – assuming Andy Carroll’s annual salary is deemed necessary – was the £8.4 million relating to contract terminations, the bulk of which will have ended up in the pockets of former manager Roy Hodgson (wonder what happened to him?), who left the club after 191 largely miserable days in charge.

Liverpool fans, fearful that the compensation packages might impact upon the club’s future spending plans, were reassured by Ayres that the payouts have actually left the club in a much better position to strengthen the squad this summer.

“If we had not written off these extraordinary costs, we would have been looking at breaking even,” he said. “We have reduced interest charges from £18 million to about £3 million. That puts us in a much stronger position to utilise our revenues more effectively on the team.”

So, the days of spendthrift days of splashing out £35 million on an unproven striker with a questionable attitude are definitely not over. This must have been how Greece got into such a mess.

liverpools financial situation is looking good

Soccernet saying Werner interested in Dempsey. Maybe just asked about him and sort of forced to reply of course, but interesting.

It will be nice to get Dempsey.....he's a very gutsy player
the type who has confidence and self-belief......

we should offer a straight swap for Downing...who is the worst signing
we've had this season.....Henderson has the excuse that he's young
and played out of position.....but what about Downing..and England int'l
and 28 yrs old....but 0 goals/0 assists in the league...

I would offer Downing + cash to get Dempsey !!

Dempsey is a fantastic player, but i don't see him fitting in the current Liverpool team (as long as Suarez is with Liverpool and he is your best player).

Dempsey would be great playing wide off Suarez...

the main thing about players like Dempsey....is his mentality.
he's a winner.....and has guts to play.

Unlike players like Downing, who only turns up against small teams.

Given that Liverpool are miles away from the CL, I can't see us
attracting any big names....so we need to look for good players
who are cheaper.....like Dempsey.

Yup Dempsey is a pretty good player and the main thing about him is indeed his mentality and CONFIDENCE!

This guy would walk into the biggest team in the world with dressing room full of stars and wouldn't for ONE second doubt himself or think he doesn't belong. He would walk into Liverpool and play with the same winning mentality, aggression, will to win that Suarez has. Players like him are born winners and make a BIG difference to the team's overall success. Because they also rub off on team-mates and inspire everyone to perform at their best.

It's FA cup final.....hope all the fans travelling will have a safe day.

Just get the feeling that Torres will score today.

I dont think Reina's been well lately. It wasnt a fluke that when doni or even jones's playing we got a more positive result. Too defensive and yes Chelsea's hungrier than us.

I can see Liverpool winning this. They've been so abhorrent in the first half, you figure they're trying to lull Chelsea to sleep.

thats kennys fault for not playing carroll from the start,he destroyed that chelsea defence when he came on

Not good enough, what a save by Cech. They got the test they needed to prepare for the UCL final, good luck to them. We're done for the season.

this match sums up Liverpool' season...

Crap for 60 minutes.....great for last 30 ...

lousy in the league.....great in the cups...

Dalglish must take responsibility for terrible tactics....
bad selection for the first 60 minutes.....

Spearing, Downing, Enrique, Reina had nightmares....
Our midfield selection was lacking...Spearing/Hendo are just
not good enough ...we missed Lucas for sure
(guess what..if we had Meireles/Aqua ...we would have done better)
Suarez had no support at all for 60 mins...

Carroll was the best in the red shirt...
he was awesome.....really single-handedly almost got us to Extra-time.
Once he came on....the game changed totally...and Chelsea tired.
Chelsea were lucky to hang on....but they deserve it
because Liverpool were crap for 60 minutes....

FSG....now it's your turn to clear up the mess at Liverpool.
we need a better manager....who has better tactics and
one who has a better idea about players....because Dalglish is
just not the man for Liverpool in 2012.
And with a better manager......and better players...we can
really get back to top-4....look at Newcastle...if they can do it
so can we..

3/4 of the Ball cross the line but the rules said the whole needs to cross to be a goal and the assistant ref was spot, spot, spot on. How many spot did I say? Bitter sweet feeling that we completely outplayed them in the 2nd half but wasn't enough.

Fair result, terrible first 60min. Good 30min. Spearing showed why he wont be playing when lucas is back. 2 mistakes from him resulted in the goals. Tactics were poor aswell. The team didnt really seem to have a plan and were all over the place untill they didnt have a choice and had to go for it.

i had no chance to watch it becouse of work, but i feel gutted with the outcome..

i won´t write anything since it means nothing after all...let´s hope our owners do right decisions...

season is over anyway...

Yeah just like matthews said.

CRAP for 60 minutes, GREAT for last 30. Well, playing 30 great minutes out of 90 isn't enough.

As soon as Carroll came in, the match turned on its head and suddenly Liverpool were VERY threatening. Keep in mind, John Terry, Ivanovic and co are some of the best in the air and no slouches in headers but Carroll still easily bullied them and gave them a lot of trouble with his superior height for the most part.

If he had been on from the beginning, the result may have been different. But of course there are a lot of other factors too.

All in all, the better team won. But Liverpool needs to start playing like they did from min 60 when losing by two, more often! Not just in last 30 when you're already losing.

Liverpool bought mid-table players worth 100m...
and all we have to show is beating Cardiff City on Penalties...
yes a Division 1 team on penalties.....to win the least most important
trophy of England.
...the horrible Evra-Suarez saga..
...some good football at times
...terrible finishing
...horrendous team selections....
And we're on course to finish below Everton who have spent nothing much.

FSG are in a tight spot....do they sack Dalglish the legend...
half the fans will not be happy....but a lot will be happy.

I think their hands tied...because if they replace Dalglish
it has to be someone with a good track record.....
someone who will come in and put hope back in this club.
It can't be some young coach like AVB ...because the pressure
will be intense...with the xenophobic media and the "big" players
like Carra/Gerrard always having a big say about on-field decisions..

If the manager is not a big name...then it can backfire...
I'm sure they dont want Hicks-Gillett all over again...
but I feel that FSG is ruthless.....it's their money after all.

It has to be a big name......
They have to get this one right....otherwise...
we will be in danger of mid-table status (we already are one)

FSG placed theirself in this tight spot when they decided to hear the fans and gave Dalglish a 3 year contract. He wasnt prepared, apart from those 5 months he had been out of football for 20 years, he wasnt the right manager (i dont even think he is a manager) to rebuild a team. They placed a structure that wasnt followed by Commolli and Dalglish. One has already been shown the door, Dalglish has to be the next one.

Yes. Hopefully Kenny will be shown the door.

Who knows, maybe Benitez will come back. This time under FSG.

Crap for 60 minutes, better for 30, but far from fantastic.
This team lacks creativity.

For me the only Liverpool player that provides sparks of creativity is Henderson, the potential is there, but Dalglish keeps playing him out of position.

i just don´t understand why this team starts to give a shit after we are one nil down for example... why we start showing what we can do if it´s to late already... ?

it´s more than players problem, it´s attitude problem...

Back
Top Bottom