Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

Suarez did very well to score from 3 chances given to him
by 3 mistakes they made....we were clinical today....
the finishing was measured and surgical in precision....
something we have missed ALL season.

But credit to him....he looked very very good today.

If he can do that more consistently....and cut out the
theatrics which he did less today.....then he will become
a world-class player.....

Long may it continue.....today our team looked decent with
the exception that Downing should be on the left....and Bellamy
on the right....

Agree...also i´m sure without the 8 match ban his numbers of goals and assists would be more higher..

All the stuff he does make him loved and hated..but agree if he continues to play and stay cold headed, he can become a world beatter with us..

as i said, we need to build the team around him, we need to buy 2 more players in his quality to play with him in attack..

Yep. Have him and players who can provide perfect service for him, plus another SS/CF who can help create openings and ease defenders ganging up on him. And you definitely need a motivator.

Fantastic goals today. I never doubted Suarez obvious talent, i'm not convinced about his mentality, but i've promised not to dsiscuss that anymore...

About these goals, a couple of years ago i posted a fantastic goal from Dembele in the Dutch league. Most English fans reactions was that it was all about bad defending. It seems that only when your own team scores goals like that it isn't about bad defending, but fantastic attacking.

I try to be positive about attacking football: those goals are as good as that one from Dembele. Suarez is as good a player as Dembele. If you label Suarez world class (and i tend to agree), Dembele can be labeled world class too..IMO he showed more this season and this with a lesser team (you should buy Dembele).

Anybody heard Football weekly about Gerrard this week? That is exactly what i think about him.

Yeah great hatrick by Suarez. Good to concentrate on his talent rather than all of the other crap that has come from him this last season. Hopefully he realises that he just needs to play football and drop all of the other stuff and he and Liverpool could benefit hugely.

Fantastic goals today. I never doubted Suarez obvious talent, i'm not convinced about his mentality, but i've promised not to dsiscuss that anymore...

About these goals, a couple of years ago i posted a fantastic goal from Dembele in the Dutch league. Most English fans reactions was that it was all about bad defending. It seems that only when your own team scores goals like that it isn't about bad defending, but fantastic attacking.

I try to be positive about attacking football: those goals are as good as that one from Dembele. Suarez is as good a player as Dembele. If you label Suarez world class (and i tend to agree), Dembele can be labeled world class too..IMO he showed more this season and this with a lesser team (you should buy Dembele).

Anybody heard Football weekly about Gerrard this week? That is exactly what i think about him.

If I'm thinking of the same goal, that Dembele one was amazing. Similar to the famous Ibrahimovic one with Ajax where he beat about 5 players with pure dribbling. Easy defending or not, it still takes balls, skills and concentration to pull these kinds of moves off.

Suarez is a class act. His frustration and missed chances have come from forcing things and trying too hard this season. It all comes down to Liverpool converting their chances in games. Too many times this year they have missed 3,4,5 gilt-edged chances only to see the opposition score with their first meaningful attack. Then we chase the game, and things start going from bad to worse with everybody doing their own thing. Hopefully, the luck will change for us next season.

I do worry about players like Suarez mind. His temperament is still questionable and he seems like one of these players that is pledging his undying allegiance one minute, then jetting off for Spain the next. I will be very surprised and humbled if he proves me wrong and stays at the Reds long term. There is no doubt he can make himself a legend, but he needs players around him who are on his wave length, and our style has to be shaped around players like this.

Suarez thrives on dynamic one touch movement on and around the penalty area. He is likely to lose the ball 4 or 5 times by doing his own thing in conjunction with another on his wave-length, but on the 6th time he tries something he'll score or create something. So Kenny, if he is the manager next year, needs to formulating a team style and tactics around this quick, direct philosophy in the final third. Carroll is improving. The relationships between all the under-performing players is improving. And I'm willing to give the Reds THIS season as a basis, a getting to know you season if you like, although granted it's taken longer than anticipated.

Next season is the acid test. Players like Downing, Henderson, Spearing, Carroll, Adam must be up to the Liverpool mark.

GOD we would need someone like Kagawa......or Kagawa himself.

would be a fantastic signing...

That is indeed a fantastic player pipa, i don't think he will leave Dortmund this year.

i think he will mate, Dortmund bought Reus, he will play on right wing, with Perisic on left side...as AM there is already Gotze...

i think he will move to other team, i only can dream he will move here..but we would need him so much...

Kagawa is on his way out Gerd. A BVB director said they will sell him because he didn't agree to renew his contract which runs out in 2013.

That said, I highly doubt that Kagawa signs with Liverpool. He's Man Utd bound.

Kagawa is on his way out Gerd. A BVB director said they will sell him because he didn't agree to renew his contract which runs out in 2013.

That said, I highly doubt that Kagawa signs with Liverpool. He's Man Utd bound.

As much as I'd love that, where would United play him? We're not about to get rid of Nani/ Valencia/ Young, or push Rooney out wide. He's a cracking talent and will do well wherever he goes, but I don't htink he can play central midfield, which is what United need. Would make more sense for Liverpool.

But.

City will probably double anyone else's offer and give him a seat next to Adam Johnson and Samir Nasri on the bench.

As much as I'd love that, where would United play him? We're not about to get rid of Nani/ Valencia/ Young, or push Rooney out wide. He's a cracking talent and will do well wherever he goes, but I don't htink he can play central midfield, which is what United need. Would make more sense for Liverpool.

But.

City will probably double anyone else's offer and give him a seat next to Adam Johnson and Samir Nasri on the bench.

Well, aren't you interested in a creative midfielder? According to Bild newspaper Manchester United are the front-runners for Kagawa. Moreover SAF has a long-standing interest in this guy so I think it would happen.

i think he will mate, Dortmund bought Reus, he will play on right wing, with Perisic on left side...as AM there is already Gotze...

i think he will move to other team, i only can dream he will move here..but we would need him so much...

That's simply not possible though. They're in the CL and wouldn't think he'd move anywhere unless they're in the CL too. So moving to Liverpool now is considered a down-grade. Maybe next year if you do well and qualify to CL, you might have a much better chance ;)

EDIT: Just read the above comments about a move to Man Utd. Well that changes my statement from next year you might have a better chance to no chance :P

Last edited:

Will be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure. He was already cracking at Liverpool, and that was with the press initially supporting him. England will be a nightmare seeing as the press wants arry already. Hopefully all the critics will see why pool fans wanted rid. And then they can stfu about it.

I think he's a very good manager for midtable teams, but not for high profile teams like England (who are basically a midtable team, and this will haunt me when England thrash Belgium in a couple of weeks).

Roy is an admiral manager for Fulham and West Brom and clubs of this stature.

By this I mean good history, well suported but with little rescource and an acceptance from the fans of these clubs that mid table position is considered a job well done. Once Roy had money to spend and more importantly a huge expectation of a global club like Liverpool, he found himself drowning.

I wish him well for England and hope he proves the critics wrong and that he can control players at the very top level and is tactically able to cope.

Already feel a bit sorry for him tbh, as I can't see anything other than utter failure being the result of this. Moreso because of the players and press than what he brings to the table, which is probably very well suited to England's actual technical footballing abilities. And we all know he'll get absolutely battered by the press and fans.

Ahahah oh my god. He is going to be a completely disaster. Best case scenario, you only throw away the Euro 2012. Worst case scenario, you throw away the next 2 years with this guy.
I already imagine him characterizing a draw against Slovakia as "epical"

Wow, way to give a sh*t about the league ;)

One of the worst matches of football I've ever seen. Was hoping to see something from Carroll and Maxi at least. But that was abhorrent.

Man, this was such a poor performance from both teams. I regret wasting my time on this sh*t.

I still don't think our players are up for it. I mean look at Carroll again yesterday. Fkin whining and moaning like a little bitch all game long. Henderson had another shocker. And what is it with this incessant passing the ball backwards and sideways all the time, spending half the game in our third of the pitch.

Shocking game fair play.

But Saturday is another day. So up for it, all dayer here we come!

Dalglish won´t be here next season, maybe after FA Cup we will know more..

i saw the interview on bbc yesterday...he looks devastated already..

the club need a massive chainge again...more than half of the players just don´t give a damn to wear our shirt, they should not wear it ever again...

good video but man change that avatar please its disgusting

@about yesterday match we can rest players coz for us match wasnt important , and for chalsea vs newcastle its coz they are still for top 4 our leafue season its OVER its same as finish 8 as finish 13 on table same shit no CL

seems in Atlanta its one "little" LFC fan groupe that watch match together so saturday i'll be on irish pub watching SOCCER with some american guys lol

1. It's not may video. I just shared that.
good video but man change that avatar please its disgusting
Why?

Back
Top Bottom