Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

And Fiorentina keeps loosing players, they are going to get relegated soon if the owners keep with this policy of selling players and leting players go. What a pitty, they have one of the best scouts in the world that is Pantaleo Corvino, but if he doesnt have to money to invest he cant do his magic.
Next ayer Jovetic is out of contract, so they are probably going to sell him this summer. Definetly a player Liverpool should try to get. The best player in the Serie A in my opinion.

Rafa did his best to get Jovetic....I read this somewhere...but could not.
He would have been an amazing player for us....

Aquilani...no way he wants to come back to Liverpool after the way
he has been treated by Hodgson and Dalglish.....

I hope we get Louis Van Gaal....can see him as the perfect manager
for Liverpool....he has great eye for young talent...and is a big name
coach who will flatten the player power.

Rafa did his best to get Jovetic....I read this somewhere...but could not.
He would have been an amazing player for us....

Aquilani...no way he wants to come back to Liverpool after the way
he has been treated by Hodgson and Dalglish.....

I hope we get Louis Van Gaal....can see him as the perfect manager
for Liverpool....he has great eye for young talent...and is a big name
coach who will flatten the player power.
Well it aint a matter of will isnt it. But dont worry, when he comes back he is just going to be shipped out again. There is something very wrong with him, he is going to defend the italian colours next month.

kenny its on trubble , he cant wait to send Auqa away and now hes coming back WTF :LOL:

i think we need to give him a season on Liverpool !

Hodgson was the one who sended him on loan just btw.. Dalglish came and Aqua was already willing not to continue in England but Italy..

in my opinion he is great player but i doubt he will ever wear the red shirt again..

Dont worry, aint gonna happen. Too serbian for Liverpool unfortunately.

what the hell are you on i only can wonder...

to Serbian? to Italian? What you have against the coach i realy don´t understand.. your logic is beyond me..

to want to buy someone and have a chance to buy is not decieded by the nationality but money.. and availability...

:LOL: I think he is referring to the fact that you mostly bought English players this season.

Anyway, Aquilani has been good this season. Nothing special but good and he hasn't got injured but once. Milan are just trying to cut a lot on wages and Aquilani is on 4M/season which is Thaigo Silva money with respect to Milan plus the 6M transfer fee. Montolivo on free is a cheaper deal. Milan could still get Aquilani if Liverpool reduce the fee more.

:LOL: I think he is referring to the fact that you mostly bought English players this season.

Dalglish didn´t bought mostly english players! Three of nine players he bought are english. Adam isn´t english, Bellamy as well..they can be considered british. He bought all in all british + foreign players.. but he also got rid of some of them to get the club on his image as any coach would do.. green are non british players, blue are british:

Sold:
Ryan Babel, Hoffenheim, £5,800,00, 25 January 2011
Fernando Torres, Chelsea, £50,000,000, 31 January 2011
Paul Konchesky, Leicester, £1,500,000, 13 July 2011
Gerardo Bruna, Blackpool, Undisclosed, 18 July 2011
Thomas Ince, Blackpool, Undisclosed, 3 August 2011
Milan Jovanovic, Anderlecht, Free, 5 August 2011
Daniel Ayala, Norwich, £800,000, 16 August 2011
Nabil El Zhar, Levante, Free, 18 August 2011
Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Wolfsburg, Free, 22 August 2011
Emiliano Insua, Sporting Lisbon,, Undisclosed, 27 August 2011
Christian Poulsen, Evian Thonon Gaillard, Undisclosed, 31 August 2011
Raul Meireles, Chelsea, £12,000,000, 31 August 2011
David N'Gog, Bolton Wanderers, £4,000,000, 31 August 2011
Philipp Degen, Free Agent, Free, 31 August 2011
Martin Hansen, Viborg FF, Undisclosed, 31 January 2012

Bought:
Luis Suarez, Ajax, £22,800,000, 31 January 2011
Andy Carroll, Newcastle, £35,000,000, 31 January 2011
Jordan Henderson, Sunderland, £16,000,000, 9 June 2011
Charlie Adam, Blackpool, £7,500,000, 7 July 2011
Alexander Doni, Roma, Free, 15 July 2011
Stewart Downing, Aston Villa, £20,000,000, 15 July 2011
Jose Enrique, Newcastle, £6,000,000, 12 August 2011
Sebastian Coates, Nacional, £8,000,000, 30 August 2011
Craig Bellamy, Man City, Free, 31 August 2011

I think Dalglish makes no difference in players nationality and that nationality isn´t the first thing he is looking by wanting to sign a player...nobody is bashing Ferguson for spending milions on england talent they can afford, the same Chelsea...Liverpool wanted to get english spine no less than 3 years ago, many were moaning there is not enough english LEADER type of players except Gerrard and that we are one man team...

now we play mostly with foreign players in the lineup..

Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Kuyt, Suarez are NOT ENGLISH and i consider them regulars in starting lineup..

Spearing, Kelly, Flanagan, Robinson are english, but they are home grown players they were free for us..

Here are numbers of games of Liverpool´s british players this season (including substitutions - not just full matches):
33 - Henderson
32 - Downing
32 - Carroll
28 - Adam
25 - Bellamy
20 - Johnson
18 - Carragher
17 - Gerrard
15 - Spearing
10 - Kelly
09 - Shelvey
05 - Flanagan
01 - Sterling

Now compare that to league leaders british players that were most used this season:

31 - Rooney
29 - Welbeck
28 - Evans
27 - Ferdinand
27 - Carrick
26 - Jones
23 - Giggs
22 - Young
17 - Smalling
14 - Scholes (in 8. Jan.)
09 - Cleverley
08 - Fletcher
02 - Fryers
01 - Amos
01 - Gibson (out 12. Jan.)
01 - Keane
01 - Owen

I ask, is the number of appereances of United´s british players lower? :RANT:

I think the first criteria we buy is again the fact if player who has the quality to give us something is avileable for the team salary structure + avileable to be bough and his willingnes to join us, then we look obviously on his age and possible revenue or posibility of growing with the team..

Nationality has nothing to do with it imho.. We bought british players becouse we wanted to get more depth in squad and becouse we needed some proven premier league players who don´t need to aclimate to the league after big sell out of previous managers dead wood...

Now phase two is hopefully begining in summer... i realy don´t know what to expect.. hopefully only good news about transfers targets...

Dalglish didn´t bought mostly english players! Three of nine players he bought are english. Adam isn´t english, Bellamy as well..they can be considered british. He bought all in all british + foreign players.. but he also got rid of some of them to get the club on his image as any coach would do.. green are non british players, blue are british:

Sold:
Ryan Babel, Hoffenheim, £5,800,00, 25 January 2011
Fernando Torres, Chelsea, £50,000,000, 31 January 2011
Paul Konchesky, Leicester, £1,500,000, 13 July 2011
Gerardo Bruna, Blackpool, Undisclosed, 18 July 2011
Thomas Ince, Blackpool, Undisclosed, 3 August 2011
Milan Jovanovic, Anderlecht, Free, 5 August 2011
Daniel Ayala, Norwich, £800,000, 16 August 2011
Nabil El Zhar, Levante, Free, 18 August 2011
Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Wolfsburg, Free, 22 August 2011
Emiliano Insua, Sporting Lisbon,, Undisclosed, 27 August 2011
Christian Poulsen, Evian Thonon Gaillard, Undisclosed, 31 August 2011
Raul Meireles, Chelsea, £12,000,000, 31 August 2011
David N'Gog, Bolton Wanderers, £4,000,000, 31 August 2011
Philipp Degen, Free Agent, Free, 31 August 2011
Martin Hansen, Viborg FF, Undisclosed, 31 January 2012

Bought:
Luis Suarez, Ajax, £22,800,000, 31 January 2011
Andy Carroll, Newcastle, £35,000,000, 31 January 2011
Jordan Henderson, Sunderland, £16,000,000, 9 June 2011
Charlie Adam, Blackpool, £7,500,000, 7 July 2011
Alexander Doni, Roma, Free, 15 July 2011
Stewart Downing, Aston Villa, £20,000,000, 15 July 2011
Jose Enrique, Newcastle, £6,000,000, 12 August 2011
Sebastian Coates, Nacional, £8,000,000, 30 August 2011
Craig Bellamy, Man City, Free, 31 August 2011

I think Dalglish makes no difference in players nationality and that nationality isn´t the first thing he is looking by wanting to sign a player...nobody is bashing Ferguson for spending milions on england talent they can afford, the same Chelsea...Liverpool wanted to get english spine no less than 3 years ago, many were moaning there is not enough english LEADER type of players except Gerrard and that we are one man team...

now we play mostly with foreign players in the lineup..

Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Kuyt, Suarez are NOT ENGLISH and i consider them regulars in starting lineup..

Spearing, Kelly, Flanagan, Robinson are english, but they are home grown players they were free for us..

Here are numbers of games of Liverpool´s british players this season (including substitutions - not just full matches):
33 - Henderson
32 - Downing
32 - Carroll
28 - Adam
25 - Bellamy
20 - Johnson
18 - Carragher
17 - Gerrard
15 - Spearing
10 - Kelly
09 - Shelvey
05 - Flanagan
01 - Sterling

Now compare that to league leaders british players that were most used this season:

31 - Rooney
29 - Welbeck
28 - Evans
27 - Ferdinand
27 - Carrick
26 - Jones
23 - Giggs
22 - Young
17 - Smalling
14 - Scholes (in 8. Jan.)
09 - Cleverley
08 - Fletcher
02 - Fryers
01 - Amos
01 - Gibson (out 12. Jan.)
01 - Keane
01 - Owen

I ask, is the number of appereances of United´s british players lower? :RANT:

I think the first criteria we buy is again the fact if player who has the quality to give us something is avileable for the team salary structure + avileable to be bough and his willingnes to join us, then we look obviously on his age and possible revenue or posibility of growing with the team..

Nationality has nothing to do with it imho.. We bought british players becouse we wanted to get more depth in squad and becouse we needed some proven premier league players who don´t need to aclimate to the league after big sell out of previous managers dead wood...

Now phase two is hopefully begining in summer... i realy don´t know what to expect.. hopefully only good news about transfers targets...

Could you please provide more statistics to prove your point? There isn't enough information in your post for me :P

i don't know where half of you find the time to actually type that much, especially when the person you are typing to will only have his opinion which will be completely different to yours lol

Re british players,

People seem to be forgetting the new rule coming in that demands certain amount of homegrown players in the match day squad. Liverpool were lacking in this regard and decided to buy a number of up and coming, estabelished uk players. They come at a premium, and arguably dont offer the same value or skill that a similar foreign player would. But its not that simple and there is far more future planning in the transfers than simply "we have to buy british bevause kenny likes them".

a good point, this question might be more asked more after EURO again, depending on England´s campaign...if they succeed or fail..

My sketch of Liverpool logo....
dsc00391.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Re british players,

People seem to be forgetting the new rule coming in that demands certain amount of homegrown players in the match day squad. Liverpool were lacking in this regard and decided to buy a number of up and coming, estabelished uk players. They come at a premium, and arguably dont offer the same value or skill that a similar foreign player would. But its not that simple and there is far more future planning in the transfers than simply "we have to buy british bevause kenny likes them".
I think that is exactly what happens. We buy british because Kenny Dalglish is not a modern manager. Do you think he is the type of manager that would implant a scout network, asked them for reports, watch videos, mark targets and after that decide the best player for their value ?
No he aint. He just watchs the Premier League, there is no football out of Britan for him (wait .. maybe that is his motivation for us not qualifying to the continental cups, he must think the Carling Cup and Fa Cup are more important).
Thanks for his transfer policy we have arguably a worst squad than one year ago and the task of rebuilding is going to be much more difficult. Is someone going to want all the garbage he bought ?

I think that is exactly what happens. We buy british because Kenny Dalglish is not a modern manager. Do you think he is the type of manager that would implant a scout network, asked them for reports, watch videos, mark targets and after that decide the best player for their value ?
No he aint. He just watchs the Premier League, there is no football out of Britan for him (wait .. maybe that is his motivation for us not qualifying to the continental cups, he must think the Carling Cup and Fa Cup are more important).

Thanks for his transfer policy we have arguably a worst squad than one year ago and the task of rebuilding is going to be much more difficult. Is someone going to want all the garbage he bought ?

Out of interest, do you know him personally? I find it surprising how you can come to such conclusions.

Jovetic is from Montenegro. ;)

Too Montenegrin for Liverpool?
Ahaha you are right. I tend to confuse with those countries because before they used to be only country, but you are right he is too Montenegrin for Liverpool.

Out of interest, do you know him personally? I find it surprising how you can come to such conclusions.
That is what someone can interpret from his opinions, acts and press conferences.

As for the match, decent performance and good finishing. There was a interesting article on the tomkinstimes recently highlighting thatbthe majority of suarez golas are within a couple of touches and that his mazy runs rarely result in goal. Today highlights that he could be a great finisher, aslong as he doesnt knacker himself in the proces.

One game, against a Norwich side having a dreadful game does not a world class player make.

If he was doing that the entire season against everyone then yes he would be.

tumblr_m37cemFRBc1qa3nkxo1_500.gif

1335637284207.gif

suarez-norwich.gif

we have to build our team around this player next season.

Last edited:

Alonso was great but look at Suarez, not even with his head high, without looking what he is doing... crazy guy he is...

Back
Top Bottom