Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

PIPA will be no doubt pleased though by Slovakia's u20 getting promotion back to the elite u20 level. ;)

:) mate, you know more about us than me :D

i get to answer your pm soon hopefully, i totally forgot i didn´t writed back..sorry

Not world-class, probably a tier below. He's not in the class of van Persie, Rooney, Aguero etc.

probably, but in case of Aguero, he never played with so many good players as now, RVP was not world class from beginning, in fact he only is in this "league" for two seasons now.. Suarez will get there, but i bet with the team mates of Aguero he would shine much more than with his current ones... his talent is world class imho, and i would say this even if he played for United for example.. he is simillar to Tevez..i would love to see how Tevez would do if he swaped with Suarez and vice versa...

I don't consider Suarez world class. Actually I think the term is over used. World class to me is a player that can be considered one of the best in his position, someone that will be remembered for many years to come. Suarez is just a very talented player, albeit a cheating bastard with an attitude problem.

I think Suarez will be another one of those players who shines in the Dutch league but is not necessarily good enough to mix it with the big boys.

a lot of this depends on the team mates as well, or how he does without them... for example Liverpool proved they can play without Suarez and Gerrard in mid season...while if there was no RVP goals this season for Arsenal in cruical moments, they would be 2-3 places lower.. Suarez is 25 and it´s his first season in PL, he didn´t played 8 matches of it, wich is big number.. positive thing is he want´s to stay with LFC...

besides most hated players are usually the best, just they don´t play for the team you support...we all hated Ronaldo but you loved him...

Suarez is far more technically gifted than your Kuyt's, Alfonso Alves' etc.

Just very wasteful in front of goal. Someone clinical like Cavani playing ahead of him would be a top 4 frontline.

on this i agree...i don´t consider Suarez a finisher, more a second striker or AM sometimes, he can get more people to defend him and this creates space for another finisher who always should play with him...if Carroll is the answer that will help us, this is for a big debate.....we will see if this partnership will grow or not....

i bet you would consider him world class if he wore United shirt instead of Liverpool´s..

besides most hated players are usually the best, just they don´t play for the team you support...we all hated Ronaldo but you loved him...

Why do you keep repeating the same thing? No he's not world class even if he plays for United. He's not there yet. And comparing him to Ronaldo isn't right imo. Ronaldo at the age of 25 was much better than him. And of course with a better set of players around him he'd perform better, just like anyone. But the world class ones shine anywhere.

Lets wait til he peaks and see what becomes of him.

Why do you keep repeating the same thing? No he's not world class even if he plays for United. He's not there yet. And comparing him to Ronaldo isn't right imo. Ronaldo at the age of 25 was much better than him. And of course with a better set of players around him he'd perform better, just like anyone. But the world class ones shine anywhere.

Lets wait til he peaks and see what becomes of him.

mate i don´t want to argue since everyone looks at him from different perspecitve...what player i´m excited about might not excite other people who have 2-3 such players in their team...

i don´t like to categorise individuals, since football is a collective game and every individuall achievement is a reflection of whole team play...always..no matter what you do.. Ronaldo if you mention him was phenomenal since 22 years if i remember so you set the bar to much high if you want to compare other players with him...

i feel we needed player like Suarez, even if he might be an asshole, we needed and still need such attitude in our players, becouse we lacked player who will die for the shirt for long time.. if he will make it long term is another story, depends a lot on his expectations and how he will live with english press and away fans booing him every game basicly..

same as Ronaldo in his days at least a bit...

Luis Suarez IS world class. Love him or hate him, his quality is undeniable! The guy is an incredible footballer! One of the very best in the world.

The sad thing for Liverpool is that he's their ONLY world class player and that's a problem!

Of course you should keep him, imo. I didn't mean he's not good or whatever. I didn't mean to be negative, I was just responding to your comment on him in a United shirt and calling him a legend etc and the Ronaldo comparison. Keep him as he's a strong asset. And the board need to make sure they get the right people in this time. Liverpool has become as weak as Torres imo. Something has to happen or change. Get out of that sulk.

Lami i never compared him and Ronaldo football wise, they are different types of players playing in different positions or with unique style..

i was refering to the fact that while Ronaldo was in United, he was booed by many away grounds becouse all knew he is best basicly, but he didn´t helped with his gestures and many time dives...i see similarity in this with Suarez.. he might not be as good as Ronaldo or never will be, but for LFC he is luxury player and our rivals know it.. his actions don´t help him as well..i mean dives and gestures...that´s the similarity i was thinking of..

Regarding Dalglish....
I think he knows his time is up..
See his quotes:

"All they need is a bit of luck. They say it evens itself out so I hope I am here when it does even itself out."

“I was asked to come back here and it was an honour and a privilege to do so. There was no hesitation in my decision, and if I was asked again tomorrow, I would do exactly the same thing.
“For me, the aim was to move the club forward and that is what we’re all trying to do to the best of our ability.
“But if the progress stops, then *something else needs to be looked at.

“Where the line is going to be drawn, I don’t know. I am sure that everyone will have set different targets that they would see as being progress.
“But the most important people here are the people who own the football club, and the people who support the football club.

“I think they will be better judges than anyone else.”
Dalglish added: “I don’t know whether winning the Carling Cup and reaching the FA Cup Final means we have been successful.
“People have to judge for themselves and if they still want to batter me that’s also up to them.
“It doesn’t matter what happens to Kenny Dalglish. All that matters is *Liverpool Football Club. As long as this club doesn’t suffer, then that’s OK with me. I’ll just come into work every day, work as hard as I can and live up to my responsibilities – and we will see what happens from there.”

Not sure if this is true, but someone posted on Twitter that Hodgson has now won as many games at Anfield in the league in 2012 as King Kenny.

If that's true it's pretty funny.

Interesting watching the champions league games
watching players who used to reach the semi-finals with Liverpool
only few years ago.....now playing at other teams

Alonso, Arbeloa at Real

Mascherano and Torres in the other semi-final.

And how fitting....that two of the biggest goalscoring flops
have taken their teams to the Finals...

Torres reaches his first CL final....and scored that goal vs Barca

Carroll scores to reach the FA cup final........

Chelsea and Torres are so much happier...

while we are struggling in the league with relegation form.

Hopefully we can improve in the summer and get back in the CL.
FSG might be looking at teams like Chelsea and thinking what
could have been....if we had signed the right players and manager.

You mean the Chelsea that are a joke of a club regarding managment and player development and who are only where they are because the old guard have decided to turn up after getting AVB sacked?

As for Torres being so much happier, even during the game he looked like he couldn't be bothered to defend, unlike Drogba who was great. It's that he scored, although let's be honest the game was in it's last minute anyway, that gave a gloss to his 10min. Otherwise it was pretty crap.

Not having a go at Torres, but to say they are so much happier is an overstatement imo. Let's see how the season pans out. There's an equal chance that they will win nothing and be out of the CL next season. Not really an example you would want FSG to look at...

*disclaimer, I'm not defending Dalglish or anything like that, but it's a typical overreaction to one result which might turn out to be meaningless.*

I have to be honest guys, and I don't normally trumpet the 'bad luck' card, it normally does equal itself out. BUT - this season I simply cannot remember the amount of bad breaks that Liverpool have had - all season!

Take last week v West Brom, we had 63% possession, again hit the bar/post twice, was basically camped in their 18 yard box all game, had shots left right and centre, had players missing all over the shop, goal line clearances etc etc etc, and then West Brom score, and they could have scored another, with their only two decent attacks of the game.

I'm not defending them in certain areas lads, but quite seriously, I cannot remember where a team has dominated so many opponents in all the core stats to go one nil down with the oppositions first attacks seemingly every week. This must be galling and gut wrenching.

I think we DO need some luck, but the players ARE snatching at chances. We've hit the woodwork more times than any other team by a mile, and we've also missed created chances the most out of every team. Suarez I feel is trying too hard as well.

The first goal in games makes such a difference, but Liverpool keep conceding it over and over.

You mean the Chelsea that are a joke of a club regarding managment and player development and who are only where they are because the old guard have decided to turn up after getting AVB sacked?

As for Torres being so much happier, even during the game he looked like he couldn't be bothered to defend, unlike Drogba who was great. It's that he scored, although let's be honest the game was in it's last minute anyway, that gave a gloss to his 10min. Otherwise it was pretty crap.

Not having a go at Torres, but to say they are so much happier is an overstatement imo. Let's see how the season pans out. There's an equal chance that they will win nothing and be out of the CL next season. Not really an example you would want FSG to look at...

*disclaimer, I'm not defending Dalglish or anything like that, but it's a typical overreaction to one result which might turn out to be meaningless.*

The same Liverpool players also who did not turn up under Hodgson
because they did not like his crap tactics....
then suddenly played superbly under Dalglish's first 6 months in 2011.
And now those same players who have relegation form in the league.
So let's not just blame Chelsea players....sure they did not like AVB
but they are in CL final.....something we will not be seeing
for a long time...and something we were regularly competing for
just 3 seasons ago.

At least Chelsea are consistently perfomring in all 3 competitions
since Di Matteo took over.

It's not an overstatement to 1 result...it's their last 15 games.

Torres also has improved quite a bit in the last few months.

Good for him and Carroll to be helping their teams to their respective
Finals.

Last edited:

I have to be honest guys, and I don't normally trumpet the 'bad luck' card, it normally does equal itself out. BUT - this season I simply cannot remember the amount of bad breaks that Liverpool have had - all season!

Take last week v West Brom, we had 63% possession, again hit the bar/post twice, was basically camped in their 18 yard box all game, had shots left right and centre, had players missing all over the shop, goal line clearances etc etc etc, and then West Brom score, and they could have scored another, with their only two decent attacks of the game.

I'm not defending them in certain areas lads, but quite seriously, I cannot remember where a team has dominated so many opponents in all the core stats to go one nil down with the oppositions first attacks seemingly every week. This must be galling and gut wrenching.

I think we DO need some luck, but the players ARE snatching at chances. We've hit the woodwork more times than any other team by a mile, and we've also missed created chances the most out of every team. Suarez I feel is trying too hard as well.

The first goal in games makes such a difference, but Liverpool keep conceding it over and over.

Dalglish keeps saying we are doing our best...keep trying, etc...
we need luck....he probably believes it himself that we are unlucky...

That's where the problem is....and I'm not surprised...
because his philosophy is to just keep on going
with the same players hoping it will just work out in the end.
He does not want to change things....he's just not suited to the
modern game...where managers have to make quick corrections...
change tactics...change players...ship them out ....stop making
selections on emotional choices....

This mediocre outlook has gripped the players like
Carragher, Gerrard and Reina as well....all of them are making
excuses that the Cups will make up for the bad league form.

Dalglish continuously talks about excuses...and says the team is doing great...
and that he was very happy with his signings..saying that it would
need "hell of a lot better" players to replace the current team

Only Daniel Agger has come out and constantly said that it is
not good enough....from early in the season he has come out
and said that we need to improve and are not playing well.
He is a real leader in this team with a winning mentality...

If we're talking about luck...then what about other teams ?
Jelavic and Cisse.....are they just "lucky"....
no I see a lot of composure and coolness....and precision...
Both were not superstars...or heavily priced...but they
are both new to the league...and are banging in goals.

Newcastle, Chelsea ... are they just lucky?...and it has nothing
to do with hard work and superb finishing to be above us ??

Was it luck that Liverpool won the Carling Cup...
(given how Cardiff may have won that game...,maybe !!!
but in the end Liverpool scored more penalties than Cardiff)

and was it luck that helped us reach the FA cup final ?
No it was not luck...Liverpool won matches, beat man city, Chelsea, man utd, etc
on the way to these 2 finals...
and therefore deserve to be in the Cup final.

But they deserve their 8th spot as well.....
since they have failed to win many many games
and our manager and players have accepted this mediocrity
even fans accept this "bad luck" story.... I am sure FSG are not buying it.

Last edited:

The same Liverpool players also who did not turn up under Hodgson
because they did not like his crap tactics....
then suddenly played superbly under Dalglish's first 6 months in 2011.
And now those same players who have relegation form in the league.
So let's not just blame Chelsea players....sure they did not like AVB
but they are in CL final.....something we will not be seeing
for a long time...and something we were regularly competing for
just 3 seasons ago.

At least Chelsea are consistently perfomring in all 3 competitions
since Di Matteo took over.

It's not an overstatement to 1 result...it's their last 15 games.

Torres also has improved quite a bit in the last few months.

Good for him and Carroll to be helping their teams to their respective
Finals.

So Chelsea are last season's Liverpool. Which would make your suggestion that FSG look at Chelsea as an example mean you want an eternal circle of firing manager with 15games to go each season untill one manager manages to have a consistent 1st season. Not sure if that's the way to go. ;)

You think Kenny shoud leave and a more progressive manager take over, that's fine. I'm not convinced by Kenny either. But at the same time (unless Pep wants a challenge) I think he deserves another season to see how much is bad luck and how much a decent striker and another season can do. But if FSG deceide otherwise I'm fine with that aswell (as long as it's not some flavour of the month British manager).

So apparently you guys will get Aquilani back. Milan got Montolivo and he still hasn't completed his 25 game clause.

So apparently you guys will get Aquilani back. Milan got Montolivo and he still hasn't completed his 25 game clause.

kenny its on trubble , he cant wait to send Auqa away and now hes coming back WTF :LOL:

i think we need to give him a season on Liverpool !

He is going to end at Atletico Madrid or Inter. He is too italian to have a chance under this manager.

Fantastic management by Purlsow and then Commolli&Dalglish. He is going to have only two years left on this contract this summer.

And Fiorentina keeps loosing players, they are going to get relegated soon if the owners keep with this policy of selling players and leting players go. What a pitty, they have one of the best scouts in the world that is Pantaleo Corvino, but if he doesnt have to money to invest he cant do his magic.
Next ayer Jovetic is out of contract, so they are probably going to sell him this summer. Definetly a player Liverpool should try to get. The best player in the Serie A in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom