Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

Big US sports manufacturer. Never heard of them either. But they are paying a lot.

That's kind of what I mean - I heard how much they're paying but I live in the US now and have never seen that logo. Seems odd. Maybe this is their first big push or something?

Last edited:

Never heard of them either must be a west coast store.where in the us do you live beach?

I like the gold emblem.....

but apart from that it's a little too plain

I still like the ADIDAS kits....reminds me of the 80s....crown paints...candy
oh those were the days.

But hey...the warrior kit is very lucrative....and will help
the club buy good players....then so be it.

Wow, wonder how on Earth they can afford the sponsorship. Guess lacrosse is bigger than I thought!

Well it's not something anyone can get into so I assume it makes some money. It's shown on espn on the west coast, I assume everywhere else in the us as well since I don't know anyone who even knows what lacrosse is without seeing a picture. I can't think of any hockey teams warrior sponsors, maybe collegiate, amateur?

im linving on Atlanta Georgia and never heard about it too (all tho i just move here :P) ,

Up here in Canada and never heard of it either. :P

Ha
The branding looks familiar, but I really don't know where I've seen it before, if I even have. Anyway new kit was shown, not too impressed, maybe it'll look better in motion I guess. Material looks thick and it looks very loose as well.

I'm from Belgium and i'm amazed that all those people never heard of Liverpool. We all know that club.

i read somewhere that one of the names we apparently look on to replace Dalglish with is Roberto Martinez from Wigan... it might be bullshit though..

apparently Capelo wants the job - this coming from a relative who knows the lawyer who dealt with getting the Americans out.

read into that what you will lol

Capello? Get ready for not so pretty football + becoming champions.

haha good one :) it will be a bussy summer..something tells me that either they stick with Dalglish for another season, or he will be off by monday.

Capello? Get ready for not so pretty football + becoming champions.

Imagine if he did take over and managed to atleast put up a decent challenge and a top 4 finish, whilst at the same time England show their poorest form since Schteve.

But can't see it happening after Gerrard had a bit of a dig when he left the England post. The fact that he still can't speak English properly would be a problem imo.

Imagine if he did take over and managed to atleast put up a decent challenge and a top 4 finish, whilst at the same time England show their poorest form since Schteve.

But can't see it happening after Gerrard had a bit of a dig when he left the England post. The fact that he still can't speak English properly would be a problem imo.

Don't think language would be that of a problem, because he's managing a club, not the English national team. He can easily get non-English players to communicate with. Also, I think his English isn't that bad now after them years in England. He can at least say, defend, attack, man to man, zone, stay back, all out, etc. Don't think the language is that much of a barrier tbh. I think the main issue with England was managing lots of spoilt brats with big egos, plus not having enough time with them like the time he has with club players. Even though, he still managed a good record with England.

I want to see him in Liverpool now and watch him turn things around! He'll make sure everyone works so hard. You can't slack with him. Even if he doesn't offer attractive football, he's a winner. His history says a lot. He did really well throughout his managing career apart from that one season with Milan in 97-98, and not sure it was his fault even. The guy's a beast imo.

Really hope this rumor is true. Rate him really high.

The first argument would be an elegant way to get rid of Gerrard. I know most people in here don't like this, but Gerrard is becoming a burden for Liverpool IMO, just like Carragher. Give them both a testimonial and a place in the legend (which they fully deserve), maybe some post at the club.
The second is more important. I can't see it working if Capello doesn't speak English.

Indeed Gerd. Gerrard showed exactly why he can be a burden in the team in the fa cup final, he was supposed to be the link between suarez and the midfield, playing in the hole. Instead from the get go he decided to drop back and pick up the ball instead of letting spearing and henderson do their jobs. Completely screwed up the team and left suarez isolated.

Wouldnt mind capello at liverpool, his record says enough and any egos can piss off imo.

The first argument would be an elegant way to get rid of Gerrard. I know most people in here don't like this, but Gerrard is becoming a burden for Liverpool IMO, just like Carragher. Give them both a testimonial and a place in the legend (which they fully deserve), maybe some post at the club.
The second is more important. I can't see it working if Capello doesn't speak English.

I agree.....people like Gerrard and Carragher need to be moved on....
they were legends..and deserve their stature in the club history.

But now...Carragher is too old.....Gerrard is a liability to the team shape
They are too powerful within the club
and are not powerful on the pitch !!

Dalglish was a legend 20 years ago....and the only reason he is
still in the job is because of the fans' sentimental attachment
to the man based on goodwill.....and not actual results.

This is the problem with Liverpool.....we are still buried in the past...
And what we need is a new start.....

I would not mind Capello....he has proven himself winning league titles
everywhere he has gone....Serie A and La Liga....two difficult leagues.

I'm sure his English is not too bad....having managed England.
He has an advantage in that he has seen many English players...
and is not a stranger to the English game.

From wikipedia...

As a manager, Capello has the distinction of winning the domestic league title with every club he has coached throughout his career. In his first five seasons as a manager he won four Serie A titles with Milan, where he also won the 1993–94 UEFA Champions League, defeating Barcelona 4–0 in a memorable final. He then spent a year at Real Madrid, where he won the La Liga title at his first attempt, and in 2001 led Roma to their first league title in 18 years. Capello also won two titles at Juventus (which were later stripped after the Calciopoli scandal), and in 2006 returned to Real Madrid, where he won another La Liga title. Overall he has won a major league championship in seven (or nine, counting the two revoked titles with Juventus) of his 16 seasons as a coach.

Yeah Capello would be a great choice, but I don't think he can win us the Premier League title, not even Mourinho could do that right now with the likes of Spearing and Adam.
Last summer was the first part of the riddance of the dead wood(couldn't get fully rid though because of the trash Dalglish brough in), this summer should be the sequel and once that happens we can hope for the title ..

Capello would be a brilliant choice, I dont think you'd win the league under him (unless he stayed for a while) but he would definitely lay the foundations and then some for the guy after.

Regarding Carragher and Gerrard, the former needs to retire as he's been 'gone' for at least a season for me, bow out as a Liverpool player rather drop down the leagues. Gerrard is still a good player but I don't think he'll be very good at adapting his game, but he still has something to offer.

Back
Top Bottom