Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

Liverpool are just having their 'Shearer' moment. At some point, fans needed the cathartic experience of having their 'king' take over, if only so that it has happened.

The best thing they can do now is get rid of him, and bring in someone new. Do it early in the summer so that the new manager can identify and bring in targets, and then get the team on some lovely trip somewhere to build spirit and what not in August.

There are a number of decent choices out there, but for me the best choice is a certain Fabio Capello. If anyone can steady that ship, it's him, and let's be honest - Liverpool have a far better squad of players than their performances indicate. I believe they have the 3rd or 4th highest wage bill in the league, and have spent nearly £200m in the past few seasons. This is not a skint, 'bare bones' squad - this is a well invested, talented group of internationals.

I fully expect Liverpool to be challenging Arsenal and Tottenham next year - that's what should be the very least from that team. Someone like Capello would get the most out of the squad.

Tony Barrett wrote in the Times today:

Last updated at 2:59PM, May 15 2012

"Kenny Dalglish has returned to Merseyside following talks with Liverpool’s owner, Fenway Sports Group (FSG), in Boston.

The Liverpool manager travelled to Massachusetts yesterday along with Steve Clarke, his assistant, and met with John W Henry and Tom Werner, the club’s principal owners, as part of an ongoing review into Liverpool’s performance last season.

As planned, Dalglish flew back to Heathrow after the meeting had ended, while Clarke remained in Boston where he accompanied Henry and Werner to Fenway Park to watch the Boston Red Sox record a comfortable 6-1 win over the Seattle Mariners.

Contrary to speculation that surfaced following the summit, Dalglish did not resign and nor was he sacked with the outcome of the talks being a mundane acceptance from all parties that the process of reviewing the season will continue.

Henry and Werner are seeking an explanation for Liverpool’s shortcomings during a disappointing campaign which culminated with them finishing in eighth place in the Premier League. The duo are also looking to Dalglish and Clarke to provide a vision of how they will revitalise the club’s fortunes.

Having already dismissed Damien Comolli from his role as director of football and a number of other senior executives, FSG have demonstrated that they will not shirk at making big decisions but they will know that removing Dalglish, a hugely popular figure amongst Liverpool’s support, would be another matter entirely.

For his part, Dalglish continues to plan for the future by scouting and targeting the players who he believes will help spark the kind of improvement that Liverpool’s owners are looking for. But until the review is concluded it is impossible to say with any great certainty that Dalglish will be in a position to put those plans into practice."

^LMAO mcleish. that would be hilarious, he'l get them relegated for sure, also liverpool were very lucky to play every FA cup game at home but they forget this and cry about how unlucky they always are lol. it normally evens out. and if martinez didnt want to go to aston villa why would he want to go to liverpool..

Liverpool are just having their 'Shearer' moment. At some point, fans needed the cathartic experience of having their 'king' take over, if only so that it has happened.

The best thing they can do now is get rid of him, and bring in someone new. Do it early in the summer so that the new manager can identify and bring in targets, and then get the team on some lovely trip somewhere to build spirit and what not in August.

There are a number of decent choices out there, but for me the best choice is a certain Fabio Capello. If anyone can steady that ship, it's him, and let's be honest - Liverpool have a far better squad of players than their performances indicate. I believe they have the 3rd or 4th highest wage bill in the league, and have spent nearly £200m in the past few seasons. This is not a skint, 'bare bones' squad - this is a well invested, talented group of internationals.

I fully expect Liverpool to be challenging Arsenal and Tottenham next year - that's what should be the very least from that team. Someone like Capello would get the most out of the squad.

Not with that current squad they won't, they've spent a lot but barely any wisely IMO.

if i look on this matter from economical view and if i was the owner, i would not give Dalglish another transfer window..

but i have to agree partly with DagsJT, this season we created, but didn´t deliver.. it´s not Dalglish managing that i´m affraid off...it´s his transfer targets and the way we deal with transfers...it´s been a disasteur...comparing with the likes of Newcastle or even Everton who bought wise..

i don´t think we should sell either to many players...but we need to attract top quality to think of competing long term during the long season in two or three competitions.. with aim to win at least the cups..becouse there is no chance at the moment for even top 4 spot, not the league...

this season i think won´t repeat..United were not themselfs, yet they almost won it, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea all struggle comparing to previous seasons.. it was a golden opportunity for LFC to get the top 4... next season we are against 5-6 teams who will be stronger definetly...will we be stronger ? One two top players out and we are again in fight to replace them...we never replaced Alonso, Torres, not even Arbeloa and Riera i think...

that´s what worries me most, not Dalglish manager ability, but his transfer targets..and i´m affraid the money we recieve has to be lower this time, maybe not on the price of player, but definetly his sallary, we have two big earners on loan still in Cole and Aquilani...it´s been joke transfers from past.. i don´t want another big earners who are not quality enough...i rather wait 5 years as BVB fans did to build something as they did with youth...but we need a brand new manager and a brand new strategy for that...

agree with Gerd on one thing, the fans are most dangerous for the club, own fans expect to much but this is not 1986 where there was two teams fighting for the title or three....it´s 2012 and 6 teams are strong equaly +/-
Am I reading your post correctly. Did someone hack your evo account or something ?

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan

Dalglish has gone

Lots of rumours about Villas Boas replacing him.

Just been on the news that Kenny has been sacked, not resigned or mutual consent. No surprise that he is no longer your manager, though I thought he'd have "moved upstairs". You'd certainly not want Martínez, he's a judas and Wigan is more his level!

I hope nobody starts mentioning Brendan Rogers with the vacancy!

The wish of most of us finally came true, FSG once again proves how ambitious they are after this massive clear out. They had no choice after a disastrous season like this one. I wish Kenny the best of luck in all his future endeavors, an amazing player but weak and clueless as manager.

coming back home from a depresing rainy day to find out this shit...

hope all those who wanted this manager out before he started to do something with the team will feel happy and i hope only for positive outcome with the team..

but i honestly doubt the next manager will bring us a trophy in his first season...and not doing so you will all want a new one and a new one and a new one.....

i´m sad...

Kenny should've never been given it on a permanent basis. Did a decent job steadying the ship after Woy but was never, ever going to work out on a long-term basis.

Not nice but the right decison, FSG are getting their act together after some mistakes.
Now it's time to make the right ones to push the club forward, martinez is not the way
Van gaal, Emery, Villas boas etc hopefully.

I imagine Dalglish saying to the guys that had just invested around 100M and that are going to make massive loses in concept of Dalglish fee and selling the garbage he bought "it was all because of back luck".

AVB would be a very good option IMO. He showed at Porto the kind of winner he is when the players are with him and in Chelsea that he is the kind of manager that can do a massive clearance and that is what has to be done here. Though, as I said last year Klopp would be the ideal in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mixed feelings.....

I feel sad for Dalglish....because he was one of my favorite players
when I was a kid,
and I still remember watching his Liverpool team in the 80s.....
they are my best memories of Liverpool.....and football.

I loved it when he came back.....I always wanted him instead of Hodgson
but I had my reservations about his lack of recent experience.

But I do feel happy about FSG's decision.....

I think Dalglish did not deserve another season....after all the money
that was wasted on the 4 players (CHAD)....and his mishandling of good players like Maxi and Kuyt, Aqua, Meireles..
After spending so much on average players....and then finishing 8th
in the league...having set records for all the wrong reasons...
fewest goals...lowest league spot for 50 years.....
I just feel that Dalglish blew this chance that was handed to him
on a plate....I mean how many times does someone get a job after
being out of work for 12 years.....

Regarding the new manager....I hope it's not Martinez/Rodgers/Lambert...
they have no experience at such high-pressure jobs...

For me AVB is the best choice...he's young, dynamic, and will clearout
all the dead wood.....he has no respect for big names....
and he's a winner..as he showed with Porto........he won the league
and the UEFA cup....getting his teams to play well....
so he has big time experience.....

Rafa would be 2nd choice..since he knows the club and has
recent winning experience ....and is tactically second to none.
But his footy is sometimes more negative...but I did'nt hear fans
complain in 2005-2009...when we were in the top-8 teams in Europe.

I can't see anyone else to be honest.....

Suprised they axed him so quickly, shame I was enjoying it :))

Seriously though none of you want Capello?

So ..
chief executive out
football director out
head of communication out
head of medical department out
manager out
And aparently Ian Ayre is going to be showed the door tomorrow. FSG are surely be pretty impressed with this season, arent they ?

So ..
chief executive out
football director out
head of communication out
head of medical department out
manager out
And aparently Ian Ayre is going to be showed the door tomorrow. FSG are surely be pretty impressed with this season, arent they ?

They have their work cut out......they have to hire so many
key personnel......and then once the new manager has come...
he has to sign his players......with the Euros and Europa league
starting early.........man that is one heck of a busy summer !!!
FSG better move quick....

Good decision to get rid of Dalglish.

Now let's hope the right man is appointed.

Roberto Martinez is NOT the answer!

Capello and van Gaal would take Liverpool to the very top within 3 years. Villas-boas, Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers would be good choices too if the first 2 aren't available.

Good decision to get rid of Dalglish.

Now let's hope the right man is appointed.

Roberto Martinez is NOT the answer!

Capello and van Gaal would take Liverpool to the very top within 3 years. Villas-boas, Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers would be good choices too if the first 2 aren't available.

I think they will go with a younger coach.....who was good experience
winning titles...That means AVB......

I hope it's not Martinez.....he is just not ready for this kind of
job at a high-pressure club like Liverpool.....
Let him go to Aston Villa and take them up into the top half.....
and prove himself.......
At this point I feel Rogers and Lambert should be ahead of Martinez
since they took their teams further than Wigan.

but for me it's AVB that ticks all the boxes for FSG.
...and even more since I read somewhere that FSG wanted AVB
before he went to Chelsea.

I would hope AVB would want to take a 'lesser' job at liverpool (i would expect him to have quiet a few top offers) to prove himself after the chelsea mess.

All the martinez stuff strikes me as flavour of the month + young manager= new manager. I hope thats the case.

Exactly. There's no reason Martinez has earned the right to be Liverpool's manager. If it wasn't for an incredible final month of the season, he would've had Wigan relegated the year after they survived only on the final day.

If you want to go for an upcoming and young manager, Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers have proven far more.

Yeah, Martinez is the flavour of the month at the moment but he's not even done as good a job with Wigan as Steve Bruce did.

Back
Top Bottom