Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

Yeah personally I don't understand at all how he's hyped so much or why he's such a supposedly great young manager.

Aston Villa is the best he can hope to do and I don't mind seeing him there because I think that would be the next natural step up (if he even deserves that), and IF he's good (and I do see some promise in him but it's too early), he can surely prove himself there and then we can talk about Liverpool or anyone else.

I think he would fit in at Aston Villa and I hope to see him become the new manager there.

Wigan have given Liverpool permission to speak to Martinez. The first of a number of people the club are expected to talk to.

Wigan have given Liverpool permission to speak to Martinez. The first of a number of people the club are expected to talk to.

Yes...I imagine they will talk to multiple people....
It can't be just Martinez.......

since Ayre mentioned that there is a lot of "interest" in the manager post.
I can think of Capello, Ranieri, Rafa as 3 managers who would have shown interest to FSG.

Last edited:

Agreed, AVB would be a good choice. BUT, he'd need to bring a bunch of players I'd of thought. Doesn't strike me as a 'do well with inherited squad' type.

i don´t realy care who the next manager will be, he won´t get support from the new generation of fans despite anything.. if Kenny´s appointment was suposed to be a building of new team then they won´t build anything giving a manager only a season... building takes more time, so if we get Martinez for example..he will face the thoughest coach job in the world probably..

duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC
do not panic #lfc fans, F.S.G will interview more managers. i have heard who the new D.O.F is, trying to get it confirmed by my mole.

the news is not from my usual source but if it is who i have been told it is then #lfc fans should be very happy.

This fella comes across as a bit crazy but he's pretty much spot on with everything he says regarding Liverpool. Given out info way before other people like journalists have gotten the same info.

I actually care who the next manager is, because of the immense impact they have. I think AVB has got unfinished business with Premier League, and this would be a great opportunity for him to show his true colors and prove that Abramovich made a harsh decision when he gave him the boot.
AVB should be given the green light to sign any player he wants, and he has proved that he's not as short sighted as Dalglish and he'll actually look for foreign players who are better and cheaper, players who can live up to their hype.

As for Martinez, I doubt he'll cope with all the pressure in the club right now, but I'd welcome Martinez if he takes Moses with him to Anfield.

Rafa is my second favorite. I just hope we won't sign Ranieri cos' I hate him so bad, probably Graham Souness is the only one who is worse than him.

I think it will be Andre Villas-Boas personally, especially given the information that he was a target for Liverpool prior to his appointment at Chelsea.

AVB shouldn't be judged on his short spell at Chelsea, given the poisonous dressing room and ridiculous owner he had to endure there. I think he's got a lot to prove in England and Liverpool would be the perfect club for him - a sleeping giant in need of reform and fresh ideas.

Given time and backing, AVB would do the business.

AVB supposedly down the list now, FSG seem to have gone off him according to some journalists.

Also:

okay my source has not got back to me. the person i was told is the new D.O.F of #lfc is txixi berigistain. only other possibility is L.V.G

As I say, he's usually a very reliable source but take it with a pinch of salt as always.

Who?!

Txixi?

He was technical director at Barcelona from 2003-2010
Would be fantastic to get him......and now with Rodolfo Borell and Segura...
they probably want to replicate what Barca were doing...

That explains why they are going for a young coach,......who can work with an experienced director...
and replicate what happened at Barca during the last 8 years with Rijkaard and Guardiola...

Last edited:

Dalglish supposedly refused compensation from FSG and asked for it to be put into the player fund instead.

This man is Liverpool FC. Smile or say/think what you want.

that´s £8m pounds. btw.

That's class, and something most managers should do.

I hate to say it, but is that the classiest thing Kenny's done this year?

Dalglish supposedly refused compensation from FSG and asked for it to be put into the player fund instead.

Credit to Dalglish....he was never in this for money....

No matter how badly the season went.....but Dalglish will always
be the legend at Liverpool........

Any proof of this? Confirmation?

Very classy and that isn't unlike the man, just want to see something more substantial than 'supposedly' so I can truly applaud him.

He was technical director at Barcelona from 2003-2010
Would be fantastic to get him......and now with Rodolfo Borell and Segura...
they probably want to replicate what Barca were doing...

That explains why they are going for a young coach,......who can work with an experienced director...
and replicate what happened at Barca during the last 8 years with Rijkaard and Guardiola...

Also a cracking player for Barca back in the day.

I'm not trying to be mean, but why would Guardiola - who just left Barca to take a break and get away from pressure and expectations - want to join Liverpool?

Capello seems a great fit.

i don´t realy care who the next manager will be, he won´t get support from the new generation of fans despite anything.. if Kenny´s appointment was suposed to be a building of new team then they won´t build anything giving a manager only a season... building takes more time, so if we get Martinez for example..he will face the thoughest coach job in the world probably..
Time has to be given to good projects, not to garbage projects. I said this a year ago that Dalglish project was awful. First of all, FSG is implanting an structure like Barcelona, where there is a continuity between the way the academy play and the senior squad play. Youngsters play with a 4-2-3-1 only to go to the senior squad and then employ tactics from 20 years ago. Second of all, the transfer policy of Dalglish apart from being horrible has nothing to do with FSG principles.

As I said you have to give time to good managers and good projects. Leting this guy continue would have been a waste of time and resources. Im glad FSG realised that because his period at Liverpool was worse than Hodgson (who was fired) because he invested 100M.

I actually care who the next manager is, because of the immense impact they have. I think AVB has got unfinished business with Premier League, and this would be a great opportunity for him to show his true colors and prove that Abramovich made a harsh decision when he gave him the boot.
AVB should be given the green light to sign any player he wants, and he has proved that he's not as short sighted as Dalglish and he'll actually look for foreign players who are better and cheaper, players who can live up to their hype.

As for Martinez, I doubt he'll cope with all the pressure in the club right now, but I'd welcome Martinez if he takes Moses with him to Anfield.

Rafa is my second favorite. I just hope we won't sign Ranieri cos' I hate him so bad, probably Graham Souness is the only one who is worse than him.
Ranieri is an excellent manager mate

It's only FSG's wishlist...

But if they're getting Begiristain as Director......then maybe...
just maybe they could tempt Guardiola.....
....to replicate at Liverpool what they did at Barca....

That would be some project.....

But seems unlikely...

Capello it seems prefers Chelsea......maybe he should wait till Saturday.

Interesting summer ahead.

Time has to be given to good projects, not to garbage projects. I said this a year ago that Dalglish project was awful. First of all, FSG is implanting an structure like Barcelona, where there is a continuity between the way the academy play and the senior squad play. Youngsters play with a 4-2-3-1 only to go to the senior squad and then employ tactics from 20 years ago. Second of all, the transfer policy of Dalglish apart from being horrible has nothing to do with FSG principles.

As I said you have to give time to good managers and good projects. Leting this guy continue would have been a waste of time and resources. Im glad FSG realised that because his period at Liverpool was worse than Hodgson (who was fired) because he invested 100M.

I don't quite understand why FSG invested so much money when Dalglish
was never suited for their model to begin with......
FSG always wanted this young manager setup....with a Director....and
upcoming youth......similar to barca.......

I guess FSG bought into Dalglish's end-of-season heroics in 2010-11..
and the fact that he blooded Stephen Kelly, Flanagan, Spearing...
and thought he could do it.....and they trusted Comolli based on Billy Beane's advise.
maybe they had no choice...since he did well last season...
and maybe no better manager was available.

But this year it's different.....

Interesting that Ian Ayre ...has said that even if Dalglish had
won the FA cup...he would have been sacked.....because the league
form has been horrendous.

This time they are taking advise from supposedly top football opinions...
I've read somewhere that it was Cruyff who suggested Beguiristain to FSG..

Glad to see such determination by FSG to take Liverpool back into
the top-4 and the Champions league....

Let's hope for Liverpool's sake...that they make the right decisions...
this is make or break for us...

I think is that and also the fact that they were influenced by irrational fans that thought that Dalglish was a manager. They clearly learned the lesson though, you dont have to hear the fans in decisions like these.

I think is that and also the fact that they were influenced by irrational fans that thought that Dalglish was a manager. They clearly learned the lesson though, you dont have to hear the fans in decisions like these.

I feel even more confident.....seeing FSG's ruthlessness..
To make such a huge decision in moving Dalglish out.....going
against the emotional/legendary status of Dalglish's attachment....
was a gamble.......but it was necessary...
And I can see them getting this entire management re-shuffle correct.

For fans who think that FSG don't have a clue......just read what
Purslow said....that unless FSG came and bought us in the nick of time
.....we would have gone into administration !

Last edited:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...ision-for-club-says-ian-ayre-100252-30994586/

Some interesting points in there, the main one for me being about the managerial role changing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...l-clear-given-for-martinez-talks-7763900.html

Confirmation that Jen Chang will be the new Director Of Communications. I've followed Jen on Twitter for a while and he certainly knows his football. He's the chief editor at Sports Illustrated and appears to have a great reputation amongst the media so hopefully he'll fit in well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport

Brendan Rodgers is reported to have turned down an approach from #LFC who wanted to speak to him about replacing Kenny Dalglish.

Back
Top Bottom