Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

its relegation form,they really need to look at getting a new man in in the summer. Kenny is repeating what he did with newcastle in his 1st half season and second full season there. Their home form at Anfield has been disgraceful,its just not good enough .

waiting for trolls to come out again..

nevertheless we deserve nothing from such performance, nothing.

Reina, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing, Suarez, Kuyt.

hope to dont see more this players start match on this season , i prefere guys from accedemy play rest of season , i bet one/some of them would be much better than this ones !

When I think how Liverpool spent £37m on Carroll and £20m on Downing it blows my mind. Much better stuff could be done with such resources. Hate Suarez as much as you want as a person but I think his playing ability cannot be questioned. There are many guys playing solely on their name at Anfield.

When I think how Liverpool spent £37m on Carroll and £20m on Downing it blows my mind. Much better stuff could be done with such resources. Hate Suarez as much as you want as a person but I think his playing ability cannot be questioned. There are many guys playing solely on their name at Anfield.

throw in 15mil for henderson and thats 70 MILLION! Honestly i cant get my head around what they were smoking when they decided to pay those fees. With 70mil to spend he could have bought at least 4-5 champions league standard players from europe, those 3 are not even regular England internationals. A manager lives and dies on his transfer dealings so i think with all that money spent and to be worse off than last season the owners need to take action if they are serious in making Liverpool a championship winning team again.

Hodgson was no worse.

certainly not from narrow United fans perspective..

btw. i´m not backing Dalglish here, but again, Hodgson was ideal coach for Liverpool from United fans view obviously.. (and from the point of view of their own coach as well...)

throw in 15mil for henderson and thats 70 MILLION! Honestly i cant get my head around what they were smoking when they decided to pay those fees. With 70mil to spend he could have bought at least 4-5 champions league standard players from europe, those 3 are not even regular England internationals. A manager lives and dies on his transfer dealings so i think with all that money spent and to be worse off than last season the owners need to take action if they are serious in making Liverpool a championship winning team again.

when, also few hours in to the end of transfer window..?

with how big sallary limit players?

would they agree to come to LFC?

ETC...

Henderson don´t deserve any critics..he´s been playing good for his age especially playing as side midfielder wich is not his best position...

Selling Henderson would be the mistake of all mistakes. Give him some time, he will be fantastic.

when, also few hours in to the end of transfer window..?

with how big sallary limit players?

would they agree to come to LFC?

ETC...

Henderson don´t deserve any critics..he´s been playing good for his age especially playing as side midfielder wich is not his best position...

i still think when torres left liverpool didnt need to panic buy carroll,they could have gone from february to may with the players they had and could have sorted out getting a striker in then. Id like to know who made the decision to spend the torres money in january? Ok henderson will improve but he needs to play in his natural position instead of being played out of position most of the time. Ive been supporting liverpool 27years and that wont change but id like to see a plan of action going forward.there doesnt seem to be any fear in the dressing room if liverpool lose,its just shrugged shoulders and "we'll win the next game" somebody needs to get a bollocking,its as if they all think the season is over already.

@ Valon,

So does that mean you want to see Carroll play more?! :D

haha hell no , i put players who start today but not carroll too , season its gonne , if we finish 7th place or 13 its place i guess , so better give chance to new players and i bet there will be better player from young than one of those who play

dont need to buy no one at january and we buy injured carroll so was not plan to use speed ,

henderson its way too much pussy dont have balls to play footy

i still think when torres left liverpool didnt need to panic buy carroll,they could have gone from february to may with the players they had and could have sorted out getting a striker in then. Id like to know who made the decision to spend the torres money in january? Ok henderson will improve but he needs to play in his natural position instead of being played out of position most of the time. Ive been supporting liverpool 27years and that wont change but id like to see a plan of action going forward.there doesnt seem to be any fear in the dressing room if liverpool lose,its just shrugged shoulders and "we'll win the next game" somebody needs to get a bollocking,its as if they all think the season is over already.

all i can say is i agree with this whole post..except i support the team 17 years less +/-

i expect the owners make final decisions after the FA Cup games...

league is over for us

I have been very vocal against Hodgson last year
and against Dalglish and his signings this season.

I'm just waiting for the end of the season....and the FA cup.

I just hope the owners make the right decisions this summer...
we've made too many wrong decisions since the departure of Rafa Benitez.
including the 2 managers who followed him...and the signings
and players we sold in some cases.

We just cannot afford any more mistakes.

Liverpool`s eyes are focus on 1 thing "FA Cup" that`s where the problem lies. City/MUTDs` focus only on League that was a problem for Europa. Spur`s only focus on Arsenal...Arsenal are crawling hands n knees past teams and being very sneaking about it, even signing players too!

Wenger is still trying to figure out how their on 58 points! 8pts from 5th spot Chels:THINK:

certainly not from narrow United fans perspective..

btw. i´m not backing Dalglish here, but again, Hodgson was ideal coach for Liverpool from United fans view obviously.. (and from the point of view of their own coach as well...)

Jamezinho is no Man U fan.

all i can say is i agree with this whole post..except i support the team 17 years less +/-

i expect the owners make final decisions after the FA Cup games...

league is over for us
What ? Werent you the one that said millions of time that we were right to spend all that money in Carroll and that you didnt find any better striker for Liverpool than Carroll ?

We have a right to change our stance? I admit Newcs made me a believer once Nolan left to WHU, Carroll/Enrigue to Pool I didn`t expect the new additions to do so well. I said it ! I was completely wrong about Newcastle :WORSHIP: sorry to any georgies here

Same.

Barton, Nolan, Carroll, Jose Enrique and others left and instead of the team becoming weaker, it became stronger with some GREAT new additions who fit in right away!

Forget the Carling cup.....that was never the owner's priority
this season...
They clearly stated top-4 as the aim given all these big-money transfers.

And now that you consider we are fighting for 7th spot...well behind
Newcastle....who sold their best players and signed cheaper players...
we are fighting with the likes of Sunderland, Swansea, Everton for 7th spot..

To me that is failure.........utter failure.......

Dalglish does not deserve another season or any money for this summer...
he should be overseeing the academy or being the ambassador like he was before...
and let someone more modern and tactically aware....and one has a better eye for players.

The problem is who else would be willing to come to Liverpool
other than Rafa....and I doubt FSG want him....and the media would crucify
him again....

Last edited:

Forget the Carling cup.....that was never the owner's priority
this season...
They clearly stated top-4 as the aim given all these big-money transfers.

And now that you consider we are fighting for 7th spot...well behind
Newcastle....who sold their best players and signed cheaper players...
we are fighting with the likes of Sunderland, Swansea, Everton for 7th spot..

To me that is failure.........utter failure.......

Dalglish does not deserve another season or any money for this summer...
he should be overseeing the academy or being the ambassador like he was before...
and let someone more modern and tactically aware....and one has a better eye for players.

Completely agree.
The problem is that Liverpool have forgotten how to win big things. It's been ages since they won a the league. Yes Benitez had good results in the CL, but that was always in an underdog sort of way...Even when they won the CL, they won it from an underdog position. That was a wonderfull win, but just like Man Utd in 1999, it was a freak win. It was once in a lifetime (the very reason why it was so wonderfull).
The biggest merit of Ferguson is that he made conquerors of Man Utd, even if they have the weaker side, they refuse to be the underdog and get the upper hand. Take this year for example. United's squad is decidedly weaker than City's still United are slowly taking the upper hand...A team like United knows how to win, Liverpool doesn't. And Raffa Benitez is the last manager who will learn them how to win...Liverpool need a manager like Van Gaal and a team full of young and eager players.

This manager and this team will not win them big titles...a Carling Cup and maybe an FA Cup (but i doubt it), but just face it..these are consolation prizes for a team like Liverpool. Teams like Sunderland and Everton are glad that they win the FA Cup. I'm a Spurs fan, if Spurs would win the FA CUP bot not finish in the top 4 (or even the top 3), i would be disappointed...

Spurs are a good side but there only entering the fray of a top 4 side. Liverpool is the 2nd biggest club in the UK, fans expectation should be higher then that to Spurs supporters. Surely most w`d be happy to win a league Cup imo and not get into Cl contention .

Liverpool n Spurs spend way too much imo and not challenge title . Well, Spurs did until the new year who knows maybe both need to spend more in the summer :FAIL:

seems capello want to be menager of any english team , so maybe Chelsea/Liverpool ?

seems capello want to be menager of any english team , so maybe Chelsea/Liverpool ?

it would be interesting to see if capello would take on the liverpool project,with money no object at chelsea i could see him taking that job instead.

But Chelsea is a thankless task, and the moeny issue might not be as simple with the fair play rules having started this season I think. He will know better than most after the England job that the Chelsea job is probably the 2nd worst one to have in England (unless you want to earn a huge amount for being "crap" at your job for 6th months). Besides a ridiculous owner and the problems he might have with the older players he will also know that his pragmatic football wouldn't be appreciated and he would have to win eveything just to not get fired.

Also not sure if the Liverpool job would be something he could do. He still hasn't learnt English and Gerrard had a bit of a pop at him regarding that when he left.

IMO Ancelotti did pretty well in England with Chelsea. In a couple of years people will value him for the fact that he squeeuzed a last title out of that Chelsea squad.
I think Ancelotti would be the ideal manager for Liverpool. I think it would be best of Liverpool once again had a foreign manager (Van Gaal could work too, with him it's all or nothing, not the nicest person, but i value him as a coach).

IMO Ancelotti did pretty well in England with Chelsea. In a couple of years people will value him for the fact that he squeeuzed a last title out of that Chelsea squad.
I think Ancelotti would be the ideal manager for Liverpool. I think it would be best of Liverpool once again had a foreign manager (Van Gaal could work too, with him it's all or nothing, not the nicest person, but i value him as a coach).

Agreed...a foreign manager is better...

Ancelotti would have been fantastic at Liverpool....
he gets teams to play good attacking football
plus he has a strong winning track record...

Back
Top Bottom