Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

The fact that Moyes came under fire from both Everton fans and the Fa for the team he fielded against Liverpool says enough Pipa, stop deluding yourself.

I don´t follow Everton that much, but i know what are the main players for them, and most of them played against Liverpool, that´s why i asked...

Here in this picture i upload you see the players appereances in this season so far + lineup including substitutions against LFC..

efc2012.png

green are players who played from beggining, orange are the players who were substituted..

That is not the typical Everton team:

Usually Heitinga plays instead of Distin.
Neville, Osman, Jelavic, Cahill are also regular starters.

The sixth player who didn't played against Liverpool and started against Sunderland is the one who played instead of Pienaar. But Pienaar is a regular starter.

I think it's fair to say that Moyes started with a weakened team against Liverpool because for once the match against Liverpool was not a priority, the FA Cup is. To be completely fair, usually Liverpool wins this match even if Everton play with their best team.

Last edited:

well than hope they win vs sunderland and they start with best team vs LFC :D

btw who play at home this match ? LFC vs Everton

oh thanks for info ... i forgot this :A well maybe coz i never give attention to FA Cup since liverpool was out in last years !

DIRK KUYT IN LIVERPOOL ADMISSION
By Pete O'Rourke

The Dutchman has struggled to nail down a regular starting place in Kenny Dalglish's first XI this season, with summer signing Jordan Henderson taking what was previously his spot on the right side of midfield.

Kuyt insists he is happy at Anfield and would consider finishing his career at Liverpool, but admits he might have to reconsider his options if he finds himself on the sidelines for extended periods.

"I want to play every game. It is very disappointing when I don't - like the Carling Cup final for instance," Kuyt told the Daily Mirror.

"From my point of view I'm feeling really well physically, I don't think I've ever felt stronger, and I'm ready to play games, I am ready to play every game of the season. For me it is all about trying to convince the manager he needs to pick me more than he does at the moment.

"I can see myself staying at Anfield for the rest of my career, as long as I am satisfied and am entitled to play in each game to get to the level I want to be.

"As long as I play as much as I want to play then I will be happy, but if it gets to the point where I am not playing every game any more, then maybe I will have to make another decision - but I don't think about that at this stage."

Kuyt believes the future looks bright for Liverpool, but he knows they must find consistency if they are to challenge for honours on a regular basis.

"We have a sense that we are a coming force, that we are building something special," added Kuyt. "We have a sense that we can do something next season for sure, but we are still in this season, and we still have a chance.

"We cannot give up on any spot in the Premier League and we are still in the FA Cup, so we have to keep fighting this season to deliver. Future wise, I think we will be okay. I think we have much to look forward to, because there is a sense we can go places with this squad, because there are some players with real talent.

"Yet we know as a club how important the top four is to the future - the finances [connected with Champions League qualification] mean you cannot afford to be out of it too long. That is why we have to keep going, and even if we are some points behind now, we can not give up.

"We have to work now by thinking if we get three points at QPR [on Wednesday night] we get a bit closer, and you never know what's going to happen. I came to Liverpool, one of the biggest clubs in the world, to win trophies. So to not win anything for six years is not something I expected.

"I have been close, I have played some big finals, and now I have got that winners' medal in the Carling Cup, and I am really hungry for success to make up for that lost time. It is great to be going to Wembley for the semi, it is a special place for everyone in football, but that is not enough, we have to aim to win the semi, win the FA Cup and find that bit extra to be higher in the league.

"You can say we have had a maddening inconsistency at times, even if we have been unlucky. Maybe that's because we have a lot of young players, a lot of new players at the club, we have to keep playing like that, but take the chances we are creating, and there were signs against Everton and Stoke we are starting to do that.

"We need to find the consistency, and get the points we deserve and we will be there, and we want to be there as soon as possible. In the dressing room, we are not satisfied with what has happened so far."
http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...0/manual_082319.html&TEAMHD=liverpool&BID=328

if you react..please don´t respond with he is shit or donkey.. have some respect.

He is a fantastic team player. One of the most underrated players in the big leagues.
He might not be a star, but every club could use players like Kuyt who always give everything they have and hardly ever complain.

I'm a big fan of Dirk Kuyt.

Im a big fan of kuyt too and if he cointinua in this way staying on bench i hope he chance club coz he deserve to play more

i can´t belive after some time i agree with you both guys :D

i think Kuyt would score the double of his goals if he would be played in his natural position.. i think he is a tap-in CF myself, not a side midfielder or winger... his stamina and spirit is a rolemodel like for any of new players in LFC... i hope he will stay, enough place for him in next season competitions - so far it´s Europa league to add to all others..

i hope he stayes, but we need a winger to play Kuyt as a striker time by time...

Yeah who doesn't like Kuyt?! The guy's professionalism, work ethic, determination and work-rate is LEGENDARY! A real team player and he's always been like that even way back in Utrecht and Feyenoord when he was scoring goals for fun! He ALWAYS worked hard for his team and gave his all a FULL 90th minute no matter what.

I, too, think he actually would've been a good striker and score a nice amount of goals if he'd played as the striker he always was. I've no idea why Rafa Benitez started using him as a right midfielder (Makes no sense to me and is one of his mistakes in my opinion) and he just kinda ruined his career. Since then Kuyt has become like Man Utd' Park where as before, he was a DEADLY player capable of putting the ball in the back of the net with consistency very few forwards offered.

I'm definitely a fan of him too and agree with Gerd. EVERY team can use a player or two like him. The guy's attitude is phenomenal and a real example to follow for many trying to make it in this game.

i think he is better option for the leading CF than Carroll for us..

and i like Caroolls progress in last matches..

to bad since Rafa´s idea to add more defensive work for Kuyt, this idea was only chainged few times...

Good post Sina and good that you mention Park, this is also a fantastic player who could be used better than what Ferguson does with him...but myabe this is good for the team (although it definitely is not that good for Park's development as an inidividual player, but that is the fine and delicate line between football as being essentially a team sports and the development of individual players.

The way Liverpool were set-up with Rafa meant he was in no way suited to lead the line. Far too slow, remember we played with Cisse, Baros and Torres during his reign.

I've always felt that he is a player that looks good when the team is on form but he offers very little (besides his obvious workrate and tactical discipline) when the team isn't on form. I can understand him wanting to play more, and especially so if Henderson get's the nod ahead of him. I think Henderson will become a very good player, but his style/skill isn't suited out wide imo. I'd rather have Kuyt there, ...actually I'd rather have a very good fast winger out there.

Very good team / squad player

At 0-2 I switched the channel to watch Everton vs Arsenal, when I got back I realized that we had lost the match from outta nowhere lol

Shocking. I've been thinking this for a while now, but there seems to be a lack of discipline / ruthlessness in the team. I mean how can you dominate a match, be 2-0 up with 13min. to go against a bottom 3 side and still manage to f#$k it up?! And I do think that is down to the management, as much as the players enjoy playing for Dalglish (and therefore play generally better attacking football) there seems to be very little "fear" when not performing.

I can excuse the amount of chances being missed, a better striker up front will put them away so that can be adressed. But not having the mental strength / tactical fortitude to defend a 2-0 lead?!

This is a freak result imo.
Liverpool dominated and battered QPR except for last 13 mins. I have no idea how the management can be blamed for this. The team actually played pretty well but still, this should never have happened. The players on the pitch should have coped with it. They are grown up men. They should know what to do in certain situations. Why do they need the management to hold their hands? 2 nil up and who wouldn't make some subs? Carroll was brought on. I see nothing wrong with that at all. Whatever subs brought on when 2 nil up shouldn't really detrimentally effect the game.

Sometimes, results are written before you go out on the pitch. This was one of them.

Blaming the management for this result is bollocks imo. I'd say the same if it was Arry, Wenger, Fergie etc. so not sticking up just because it's Liverpools management. Was it their fault Enrique missed the ball going through for the winner? Defenders should have dealt with the two crosses that lead to goals better too. How is that the managements fault? Players need to look at themselves at times and everybody needs to bore off always blaming the managers.

Maybe changes will be made next game. Who knows.

Season hasn't been good enough and you can carry on and moan about the management over the course of the season but last nights game was just one of those things. Hard to take though.

Of course the management must be blamed.
Leading 2-0 against the worst team in the division and then losing. Dalglish and his staff could have made tactical changes.
Aren't the players to be blamed, yes...but it's not only their fault. A good manager can turn it around.

Over a season I can agree (and the season hasn't been good enough) but a one off game? Nah. Can't stand people always saying a manager is to blame. Player MUST take responsibility. They step over the line and it's up to them.

When I play, if I make a mistake or am out of position for a few secs do I blame the manager? No. It's my fault.

He made subs that 99% of managers would have done. Last night was down to the players. Dalglish would have been fuming afterwards I can assure you that. But yeah, it was clearly his and the other coaching staffs fault that the players fucked up (errr OK). Game should have been buried but sometimes, shit just happens and a freak comeback like this takes place. Being a Liverpool fan that should be obvious.

I'm not saying the result is his fault, however the team does seem to have an easy going mentality that I do think is down to the management. As I said it results in better attacking football (but at the same time a lack of concentration when finishing imo) as the players are more positive and feel protected, however I do think there isn't enough fear for a poor performance. Or maturity, or whatever you want to call it.

A lack of steel that Utd have always had with Ferguson, or Chelsea with Mourinho, or Liverpool in Europe with Rafa. Hopefully it is just a freak result, and maybe with a clinical striker next season could be the big difference in the majority of games.

Not sure really, it's a bit like Arsenal these past few years, when they are in form they can look like potential champions but there is always a suspicion that a small set back will make them collapse. Liverpool seem to be going the same way, they can play well, or badly, but you never know what will happen...even at 2-0 up with 15min to go!

Liverpool: Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing, Henderson, Downing, Suarez, Kuyt.

Subs: Doni, Coates, Carroll, Eccleston, Sterling, Shelvey, Aurelio.

possible debut in first team for Sterling today :BOP:

Last edited:

They couldn't do any worse than what's playing atm. Very very poor. Wigan have been really sloppy but instead of taking advantage Liverpool have decided to drop down to their level and are doing equally bad. Take Henderson off, let Kuyt join Suarez and let Sterling have a run on the wing. You never know, he might actually understand that if you want to score you need players in the area to get on the end of the crosses and passes...

Last edited:

won´t rant at half time, but if we continue this shit we will easy lose this one...

we are very poor, we started well but after the penalty we have just no concept what so ever...

Back
Top Bottom