Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

The Suarez story has no clear base, just "he said .." nothing concrete, so speak about it all you want. It's press creating stories.

While don't necessary disagree with you, Suarez did everything to give the press a fantastic story. Virtually all he did was completely wrong (one example: why not simply shake Evra's hand, i know he's as big an asshole as Suarez, but sometimes appearances are important). And i wasn't only referring to the Evra incident, the fact that he's constantly diving, overreacting (also while diving) and moaning to the referees and that he refuses to see that this is against the culture prevailing in English football is outright stupid. Some people here mentioned Cantona as being similar...the difference is that Cantona had more style in his litle toe than Suarez will ever have in his whole body. What Cantona did could be seen as an act of a rebel, what Suarez does is downright stupid.

Acquilani, Shelvey and Meireles?! Fuck me! I've heard it all now. Fair enough you don't like what's here now but you want those 3?!
Christ, I don't half read some shit. Best I avoid reading it as I just cannot believe what comes out of some people's keyboards... Think they need to replace them as surely they are outputting the wrong letters?

I have my opinion...you have yours...no need to act like
you're the most wise person around here..

We had Meireles in midfield last year....he did'nt do too badly...
was banging in goals and had a few assists as well...
was'nt he one of our best players ???
Not bad for a player who came in new to the PL from Portugal
compared to the new signings who were already playing in England
for years and have done nothing much this season.
Adam showed some promise early on...but has been terrible since then.

Henderson was really not needed unless he was available for half
that price....especially when Shelvey was available.

Aquilani has always been a good playmaker...all he needed was a decent
run without injuries....ok maybe he was a question mark...

but then again....what was the need to get so many midfielders
when we had done so well in the 2nd half of last season....
why fix something that was not broken...
and why replace them with clearly inferior over-priced players ?

Gerrard and Carra should be gone simply because they are way
too influential in the dressing room and not on the pitch any more.

I have my opinion...you have yours...no need to act like
you're the most wise person around here..

We had Meireles in midfield last year....he did'nt do too badly...
was banging in goals and had a few assists as well...
was'nt he one of our best players ???
Not bad for a player who came in new to the PL from Portugal
compared to the new signings who were already playing in England
for years and have done nothing much this season.
Adam showed some promise early on...but has been terrible since then.

Henderson was really not needed unless he was available for half
that price....especially when Shelvey was available.

Aquilani has always been a good playmaker...all he needed was a decent
run without injuries....ok maybe he was a question mark...

but then again....what was the need to get so many midfielders
when we had done so well in the 2nd half of last season....
why fix something that was not broken...
and why replace them with clearly inferior over-priced players ?

Gerrard and Carra should be gone simply because they are way
too influential in the dressing room and not on the pitch any more.

Yeah I suppose I was a bit harsh. Sorry fella. But I have never been that fussed on any of those players. I hope Shelvey comes good but as good as Aquaman could be, he just wasn't for Liverpool. Some players just don't get on with clubs and I believe he was one of them. Meireles was OK at best for me. Still, I would have been happy to give them more time at the club just as I am with the newer guys now. They need to get off to a flier next season and pull their fingers out as this season had been pathetic overall. It's just not good enough. Performances have been OK but the ball needs to hit the net a hell of a lot more.

Yeah I suppose I was a bit harsh. Sorry fella. But I have never been that fussed on any of those players. I hope Shelvey comes good but as good as Aquaman could be, he just wasn't for Liverpool. Some players just don't get on with clubs and I believe he was one of them. Meireles was OK at best for me. Still, I would have been happy to give them more time at the club just as I am with the newer guys now. They need to get off to a flier next season and pull their fingers out as this season had been pathetic overall. It's just not good enough. Performances have been OK but the ball needs to hit the net a hell of a lot more.

No problems mate.....yeah it's been a frustrating season...
I was so happy to see the turnaround last season...
but we have just messed it up so badly this time...
it's like a golden opportunity missed.....since after a long
time we have good owners and lot of money to spend....
just wish it had been more wisely used.

Just an update - Aqua has been injured for the last month or two for us. I think he'll still hit the 20-game clause to be signed for £6m. He's been good and has a good number of assists to his name... it always looks like he wants to prove he's not done yet.

Yah I don't see anything wrong with what mathews was saying. Aquilani and Meireles are quality players and Shelvey can hopefully become on in the future. Nothing wrong with any of these players.

I don't get what Maxi did wrong. Everytime he plays he seems to score and looks like an actual threat out wide. As far as I know he isn't injury prone - yet the guy barely ever gets a match.

I don't think anyone would buy Gerrard for big money anymore. Nor would he want to leave. He can still be a powerful cameo player - a la Giggsy at United. I'd love to see him only deployed further forward, behind the striker. Don't waste his energy getting back, let his energy go towards creating chances.

Just an update - Aqua has been injured for the last month or two for us. I think he'll still hit the 20-game clause to be signed for £6m. He's been good and has a good number of assists to his name... it always looks like he wants to prove he's not done yet.

He's better off in Italy....with the pace of the game
and he has a better chance with the national team there.

I wish he was given a decent chance by Hodgson and Dalglish
but he was shipped off.....and maybe he was never meant
to be for Liverpool.

Gerrard is saying that Liverpool need to win tomorrow
so that it can act as a springboard to the Stoke FA cup game...
which he sees as critical.....now that top-4 is almost gone..
the FA cup remains one last hope of some glory for him.

Maxi...why does'nt he play inspite of scoring goals ? ...simple...
Dalglish has always preferred his signings....

Last edited:

Gerrard might suit an ambitious Championship team or a Gulf team...otherwise he has had it...I think Giggs is much better than the present day Gerrard.
Giggs was always a very technical player, Gerrard less, he was a power player. With age you don't loose skill but you loose power...

Gerrard might suit an ambitious Championship team or a Gulf team...otherwise he has had it...I think Giggs is much better than the present day Gerrard.
Giggs was always a very technical player, Gerrard less, he was a power player. With age you don't loose skill but you loose power...

haha

sorry but...

I do agree that Giggs and Scholes have better skill and the more
intelligent football brain...
in fact many players are better than Gerrard...

Gerrard is not at his old peak....surely injuries and age are taking
their toll.....but he's still good enough for mid-table and top-8 teams.
Maybe not good for a top-4 team.

Dalglish has lost the plot.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/12/kenny-dalglish-kit-deals-liverpool

"The club is now where it was before – each one for each one, everybody in it together," said the Liverpool manager. "There are many ways you can judge a season and the best way is progress at the football club as a whole. I don't think it necessarily relates to trophies or points.

"You can measure it by how the club has progressed and where it is, from the first team to the kids. Off the pitch, especially, the club is a lot stronger than what it was. You go off the pitch and see how much money we are getting through sponsorship and kit deals [the club signed a deal with US-based Warrior Sports in January worth a potential £300m over six years].

"You look at the academy and see how much better it is. You look around here [at Melwood] and most of the people have got a smile on their faces now. The squad is stronger than it was last year. What other areas are there to improve on – apart from points?"

Apart from points ??
.....we're only 6 points above 15th spot
and 13 pts below 4th spot.....nice.....but we're still progressing...

Last edited:

I agree what can a football club improve on really? Points are meaningless its that 300M a year from the kits which is the big prize!

16159772.jpg

He's looking at the bright side of things, sorry for OT faithfuls they can't understand what we're going through lol. The team is not quite there yet, and the weight of expectation crumbled upon them.

Dalglish has lost the plot.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/12/kenny-dalglish-kit-deals-liverpool

"The club is now where it was before – each one for each one, everybody in it together," said the Liverpool manager. "There are many ways you can judge a season and the best way is progress at the football club as a whole. I don't think it necessarily relates to trophies or points.

"You can measure it by how the club has progressed and where it is, from the first team to the kids. Off the pitch, especially, the club is a lot stronger than what it was. You go off the pitch and see how much money we are getting through sponsorship and kit deals [the club signed a deal with US-based Warrior Sports in January worth a potential £300m over six years].

"You look at the academy and see how much better it is. You look around here [at Melwood] and most of the people have got a smile on their faces now. The squad is stronger than it was last year. What other areas are there to improve on – apart from points?"

Apart from points ??
.....we're only 6 points above 15th spot
and 13 pts below 4th spot.....nice.....but we're still progressing...

Can't see a huge amount wrong with his comments, good team spirit good boardroom management, good commercial systems in place, good youth set-ups (which is down to Benitez). Generally the play has been good aswell this season, only last week we dominated Arsenal with good fast attacking play. Sadly the points haven't been won which is really dissapointing, but hey, lets just look at the recent result and ignore all the good work done this season and lets start all over again next season with someone else.....

Patience is so lacking these days. You only have to look at Arsenal, it was only last month that they were done, Wenger had lost the plot and they were going to drop out of the top4 4 EVER!!!!!. Now they look the most likely to get 3rd place after a mini run of 5 wins. But anyway, let's ignore all that and get Kenny sacked.

I do agree with Dalglish and that comment he makes. I might be wrong but it seems to me that all these things that are positive are not the main task of Dalglish, but other people's main responsabilities.
The main responsability of Dalglish is getting points....and if i'm not mistaken most fans here are not entirely satisfied with the points Dalglish and his team have gathered so far.

What would interest an owner?
Competitive success
Good finances
A stable club
Good publicity.
Return of investment

Good finances: i haven't got a clue, but i think Liverpool finances are not that bad. POSITIVE
Competitive success: Liverpool won the Carling Cup and can still win the FA Cup. A CL place is virtually lost. THE JURY IS STILL OUT.

A stable club: POSITIVE

Good publicity: Suarez-Evra? NEGATIVE

Return of investment: NEGATIVE but the jury might still be out on this one.

All considered not so bad, Dalglish can stay, but i would say that he's lost an amount of goodwill... But fortunately for Liverpool, i'm not an owner...

I think he needs to stay for at least another season. Give it a proper amount of time for the players he has brought in to get used to being together.

The prices he paid for some players have proved to be a weight on their shoulders, people can say what ever they want, but when you pay the prices Liverpool did for Carrol and Henderson, it is hard not think you should be seeing more from them now.

I think Liverpool need a top class striker with Suerez and you will be ok. You are making the chances...just not finishing them.

It's interesting, but if you win the FA Cup aswell but finish 9th say, what would you guys think? as Arsenal fans are pushing for Silverware, but in fact that top 4 spot is so crucial.

I would love to win the FA Cup but at the moment (not that we are in it :PP), I want to get into the champs league and build up the team, so I know the next time we win the FA Cup we will also hopefully be fighting for the league title and can have both.

Anyway, its tough sometimes being a footy supporter :DD

I think 4th does carry more importance than the Carling Cup and even the FA Cup but that doesn't mean you going 7-8 years without a trophy is acceptable especially since Arsenal have been competitive enough to have won trophies throughout that time.

I can confirm with total certainty that the rumour of Suarez going to PSG is total bollocks.
In the weekend on Canal Plus there was this special about Lugano who isn't doing too well for PSG and the journalist went interviewing both Cavani and Suarez to ask what was wrong with Lugano.
Both players defended Lugano, said what a marvelous guy he was and afterwards were asked if they would consider playing for the same club as Lugano. Both players answered affirmative. Then they were asked if they would consider playing for PSG and Suarez answered that since Lugano is playing for PSG he would consider playing for them. But those questions and answers were clearly not serious...

Pipa might be pleased to know that Suarez came over as a very nice guy...

I think 4th does carry more importance than the Carling Cup and even the FA Cup but that doesn't mean you going 7-8 years without a trophy is acceptable especially since Arsenal have been competitive enough to have won trophies throughout that time.

I'm not saying it is acceptable or not, but I just wanted to know what people think?

But as you say 4th might be more important to both cups, so then it is not acceptable to not have won any cups that whole time, but achieved being 4th or above? it sort of goes against what you are saying in a way?

What would be better in the long run for Liverpool, winning the cups or coming 4th?

A football club should strive for trophies, but it is a wierd concept that even if Liverpool win both cups, they still will not be satisfied? (Or they may be? that was why I asked)

It's just interesting that is all :))

I will be pleased with the two cups and 6th tbh, or the one cup and hopefully a decent final effort to get 4th (although I can't see that happening). I've seen enough this season (most games infact) to see that play has really improved and for the majority of matches the team has been the better side in everything but finishing.

And you have to wonder how the other teams will develop? RvP is looking like he is off to me, I can't imagine he is looking to stay after this season tbh. You never know, but if he does bugger off Arsenal will really have to improve imo. Chelsea are declining more rapidly and the process to re-develope has taken another delay with AVB being sacked. I can see Spurs keeping it up although if they do implode and Redknapp moves on you would wonder how the squad reacts. The Manchester clubs will continue to be at the top. Newcastle might struggle next season if they lose a few players.

It's very close behind 3rd and the fine margins determine whether you get 4th or not. This season it went the wrong way for Liverpool, you never know next season.

big match ahead, i feel nervous as never before this season...

Everton are in form, we are in deep trouble.. hope we get the 3 points..

For the record, I think you'll win comfortably. Everton aren't that impressive and lack incisiveness. Should be a dire affair, but I can see Pool winning 2-0.

we should win comfortably against Arsenal as well... we didn´t score...

anyway, apparently an official lineup:

Reina

Kelly --- Carragher --- Skrtel --- Enrique

---------------- Spearing ----------------

------ Henderson --------- Gerrard -------

Downing --------------------------- Suarez

----------------- Carroll

Bench: Doni, Shelvey, Maxi, Flanagan, Kuyt, Adam, Coates

i knew he will score hattrick, it was just in the air :) not bad for a "Championship" player...

i think this is the key, never ever play Suarez or Carroll alone, both need each other for us to score goals or create oportunity for others as Gerrard tonight...

Adam is clearly not missed tonight and everyone can see he take space for Henderson who still can grow a lot, he had good game..

Kelly on right back will give some hard competition to Johnson next season..

others were decent as always.. still we need a mountain to climb for possible top 4...

never say never

i knew he will score hattrick, it was just in the air :) not bad for a "Championship" player...

i think this is the key, never ever play Suarez or Carroll alone, both need each other for us to score goals or create oportunity for others as Gerrard tonight...

Adam is clearly not missed tonight and everyone can see he take space for Henderson who still can grow a lot, he had good game..

Kelly on right back will give some hard competition to Johnson next season..

others were decent as always.. still we need a mountain to climb for possible top 4...

never say never

Yeah I thought about that quote for "championship" player....
Gerrard made sure his 400th game for LFC was special.
Glad to see Adam on the bench.....
Still we need to get rid of Carroll....and get a decent striker
who can link-up and score some goals...
Suarez still is not finishing well..
Gerrard will not do this every game....he does this once in 10 now.
Anyway 1 win does not make a season....we've had many such false dawns
..remember the 3-1 over Newcastle....where Gerrard scored 2.

All this will do is help us for the Stoke FA cup game ...which Gerrard
desperately wants to win.

Top-4...forget it....it's not going to happen....
6th spot would be possible.......

Back
Top Bottom