Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

No, he played with Kuyt today. It was a clear 4-4-2. Suarez can score (his record and Ajax clearly shows this) but Dalglish plays him as a support striker. If your lovely manager hadnt wasted 40M in Carroll and had spent it wisely in a support striker like Jovetic Suarez would be scoring a lot.

no we played more like: 4-5-1.

Suarez record in Ajax means nothing for Liverpool FC.

my lovely manager is not the fault we can´t score, he did pretty good with the team, cup won..chances created, today the players are to blame for not scoring from more than 5 clear chances + penalty, not the coach.

Suarez is not a CF. at least he shouldn´t be our only option in that area, especialy in premier league..

there are rumors who say that our players had fight together in tunnel , reina vs carra and suarez vs kelly , there say that suarez and reina believe that menager was wrong with tactics ... need to wait and see if its true !

Just poking my nose in here guys lol,

Today I just couldn't believe it, and like someone said here, it was a snapshot of our season. Suarez is class, but he can't do it all on his own, most of the game Arsenal were doubling/trebling up on him, and he still almost scored a worldy.

Today I couldn't really complain even though it was disappointing. We played some fast, fluent football and looked to be more direct, so for me it was an improvement. The games I hate, are those games that we hold onto possession forever, and everybody is going 2mph. At least today there was purpose. We had the woodwork twice, missed a penalty, and Kelly missed a sitter...what more could have not gone our way?!?

One of the main problems is that Suarez needs someone on his wave length. Why are we not picking Suarez and Bellamy together, these work brilliantly together and can read each others game. Carroll I'm afraid, although he's shown some good work rate of late, just is about five moves behind Suarez, which makes Suarez and him look like complete see you next Tuesday's.

Henderson is just ineffective, wherever he plays. Adam has gone backwards since last year and Downing is a one good game out of ten; and that was against a Championship side.

Today was just one of those days that happens in football, but Liverpool need to sort out a good four or five of the first team, sell them all off, and get technical players that can make things happen to accompany Suarez. It's our fking luck too that Gerrard gets carted off an a pointless friendly.

To be out of the top-4 with 12 games to go......is just not good enough.

pathetic home record....4 wins...8 draws ...1 defeat..

We have 2 wins in the last 10 league games.....that is pathetic form.

who cares about Carling cup...
this season is a failure after spending so much money.

we have 2 strikers who are not goalscorers....
Suarez was prolific in holland.....here there's more pressure
and he's not a great finisher

sell Carroll and get someone who is skilful and scores....
get Soldado...or Huntelaar......someone !!!

We spent so much on Downing, Henderson, Adam....great players
for mid-table...not top-4.....waste of money.

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/03/1-win-in-7-games-4th-place-gonebut-its.html

Only the FA cup left......if we win it..then it will cover up
the huge cracks in this team..

Dalglish is lucky they have the Cups...that may just about
ensure he does not get sacked.......

We are no better than when Rafa was sacked.....there is no difference....

I can't see us buying many players unless we sell..

Last edited:

there is a huge difference between how the team played under Rafa and now for me...

Under Rafa we got some great cup games, but in league we were not as entertaining as we are now... Rafa however had - in his days - best CF in world avileable to score for him.. On the other side we lack this goalscorer, Carroll was suposed to be his replacement, or should be..but he isn´t... the way our team playes now is more entertaining for myself, we create a lot more chances than before, before we played on two players, now we are actually STATISTICALLY better team without Gerrard and we don´t have to rely on one CF to score if we do.. we are more dangerous from set pieces..

Don´t get me wrong, Rafa was great coach for us..but his first year for LFC IN LEAGUE was not better than Dalglish did... in fact if it wasn´t for CL then, we would consider it failure... Rafa was great tactics manager, more defensive than Dalglish...

Dalglish needs his WORLD CLASS goalscorer, if it´s Carroll that´s very questionable..

i know he bought him, but to talk again about that circumstances of buying him would drive me crazy...

if we had RVP in our team, we would be in second place right now, if not higher.

Rafa didn't have Torres in 2005 and 2007. I remember in both Champions League finals you had Cisse and Kewell in one and Kuyt in the other.

You can't blame luck for not scoring today. The Arsenal defence was a wreck and their midfield was giving away a lot of balls but Liverpool messed up on the final touch always. The new players just seemed mediocre besides Suarez who is a magnificent player.

rafa have best CF ? WTF its this ? how much he pay for him ? he pay as much as we did for Carroll ? NO so why kenny dont get best CF too ? coz he DONT KNOW to pick players and with money he spend and this results he should be SACKED and i hope he will

bad or good i believe Rafa with 100+ milions can do so much more coz he know to pick players and cheep as hell , when rafa got sacked he dont have money to get new players he want

I want Rafa back give him 100+ milions and he bring to club 10 players and better than this carroll , downing , henderson and adam who are great for teams like sunderland or bolton or this other middle teams but not for LIVERPOOL !!!!!!!

i hope to dont see kenny more as our menager

Rafa didn't have Torres in 2005 and 2007. I remember in both Champions League finals you had Cisse and Kewell in one and Kuyt in the other.

You can't blame luck for not scoring today. The Arsenal defence was a wreck and their midfield was giving away a lot of balls but Liverpool messed up on the final touch always. The new players just seemed mediocre besides Suarez who is a magnificent player.

as i said, Rafa was a great tactis manager and great for cup games.. he didn´t had Torres, but since Torres came, the potential of his side was league winning, almost...

It´s not like we are rubish this season, we have not conceeded a lot, in fact defensivelly we are third best in league after City and United, it´s just becouse we lack luck + goals :( we are where we are now..

i don´t blame Dalglish for the form of this players, all of the signings are not better this season then they were in their previous teams, maybe except Henderson.. he is ok for his age, and played out of position...he should be playing where Adam playes now.. that is CM.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...nchester-united-fan-to-assault-wife-in-eccles

o4cy3.gif

I agree that some of our play has been good to watch...
but there is such a feeling of under-achievement....
there is no confidence....because...the players are not good enough.

How much different are we to Newcastle ....not much...

Our defence is great this year...similar to Houllier's team..
but the attack is so inconsistent....guess what there is where
we spent most of the money.....

Goals per league game:
Suarez 10 goals in 34
Bellamy 9 goals in 23
Carroll 5 goals in 30
Henderson 1 goal in 25
Downing 0 goals in 24
Adam 2 goals in 26

Look at that....pathetic stats given the money we spent
and the free signing has been the best !!!

Why was Bellamy only on for the last 5 minutes....is'nt he the top
scorer ?.....says so much for a free signing who is older than
the other strikers...

Dalglish is responsible with Comolli...I dont know who sanctioned
these signings....but we have cemented our place in the top 8...
nothing more....throw in a cup win....and that's it.

but to tell me that Rafa was a cup team...is a joke.
They almost won the title in 2009 and have been consistently
in the top 4..been in the top 8 teams in Europe...

something Dalglish can only dream of...

I'm not saying bring back Rafa....but Dalglish has been a failure
...Carling Cup or not.
To say that he is some great guy based on the Carling cup final
or hitting the post.....is too optimistic.

i accept the frustration but i honestly don´t think Dalglish has been a failure.. i judge him when season is over...we can repeat the season success or failure then...

still have a cup to play for and just hope for some wins ahead..

we were MOSTLY very unlucky and hitting the bar maybe more often than other top teams combined...

Dalglish has been better than Hodgson...

Whether he will better Rafa is doubtful.
Rafa won 2 major european trophies...reached 1 final...
came close to the Title...we were a fixed spot in the top-8
in Europe...all without any major blunders in the market...

Dalglish has not shown the right signs...his assessment
of talent seems woeful....how on earth can you spend
so much on Downing, Carroll and Henderson !!

Yeah the FA cup is the hope now....the Carling cup seems like
a distant memory...

It's always the league that determines how successful a team is...

you can win the cups and end up in mid-table....

Given the large amounts of money spent, I think the owners
will re-examine the staff.....but Dalglish has the Carling cup
as an excuse...hey we won the first trophy in 6 years !!

And the fact that Dalglish is a legend means he will have to really
do badly to go.....and that is what I'm afraid...the owner's hands
are tied...it's a very delicate balance.

1 point better than after the same number of games as last year, when you had what, 18 games of the worst manager in history etc?

That's all you can judge it on for me. A manager is there to get points and win games, imo.

Dalglish spended that much becouse british players are two times that expensive as other country players..

tell me one british player who was not overpayed for in other teams..

lot´s of you were crying that Rafa´s team is not british enough etc..now british players are shite and we want foreign..

i tell you something, nobody here would be ever satisfied with anyone as our coach... you seem to forget in what shit we were some months ago as a club..

Most of you and other "fans" look just on top of all things matter, but don´t bother to look or don´t even know to imagine the other side of things.. we have Dalglish becouse our owners wanted to give him faith, he won a cup for them while the owners didn´t spend, they re-invested money...

it´s big difference and honestly to talk again about what targets there are for our team..i say fuck that, Dalglish knows better than anyone what´s best for the team to perform.. we never wanted Torres to move out at first place, with him not moaning we would never spend that sick money on Carroll and he would now partner Suarez...

Dalglish surely realises that this team needs a CF.. but one thing is fans moaning about what could or should be and other is the reality and the fact that no manager was or is perfect in every move he makes... no single manager didn´t made mistakes..

Henderson, Adam and Downing were bought to move a mid table team to fight for the 4 place... once we are in CL i guess we will target different players.. the players we wanted, not all of them were so attracted to us and that´s becouse we have some sallary structure in our club and our sallary can´t be compared to City or Chelsea for example.. at least i doubt it can...

@beachryan, the difference between Hodgson and Dalglish... i won´t even continue...

as i said, Rafa was a great tactis manager and great for cup games.. he didn´t had Torres, but since Torres came, the potential of his side was league winning, almost...

It´s not like we are rubish this season, we have not conceeded a lot, in fact defensivelly we are third best in league after City and United, it´s just becouse we lack luck + goals :( we are where we are now..

i don´t blame Dalglish for the form of this players, all of the signings are not better this season then they were in their previous teams, maybe except Henderson.. he is ok for his age, and played out of position...he should be playing where Adam playes now.. that is CM.
Since Torres came ? SINCE RAFA BOUGHT HIM. You lovely manager could have bought players of that standard with the amount of money he spent.

At the end of the day.....
no matter who is to blame...let the owners decide that.

We are 7th in the league...we have been sitting there
for a while.....we have won 2 games in the last 10 league games

We have spent tons of money on midfield/attack and are still
in 7th spot.....

Last year we finished 6th INSPITE of the terrible time under Hodgson.

This year we are consistently in 6-7th spot.....

League form shows the class...not the cups.

Last edited:

You need a striker that's better at scoring than he is at throwing himself on the floor at every opportunity.

Suarez should get a ban for that dive and all the theatrics...he just doesn't want to adapt to the culture of English football.

Suarez should get a ban for that dive and all the theatrics...he just doesn't want to adapt to the culture of English football.

No, didn't you listen to Jamie Redknapp? There was LITERALLY contact. Just cause he was already on the way down and the ball might well have been out of bounds shouldn't matter. There was contact!

I just think Suarez needs to develop a new move. His patented crumble, scream, hold shin above shinpad with other hand raised doesn't look as good when he get fouled from behind.

I spend some time reading the posts and I found stupid the fact that some of you guys were comparing Rafa with Kenny.
There's no doubt that Rafa was a better coach as far as soccer tactics are concerned.
I think Kenny is not a good tactician, doesn't know when to make a substitution and so on.
But the football Liverpool plays under Kenny is very attractive, if we only had a goalscorer like Cavani or Soldado things wouldn't look as bad as they are now. I for one am very pleased with the way we've played this season, each game was more exciting and interesting than the other with a lot of emotions for 90mins. At the end of the day that's what football is all about and screw the 4th place, I remember a few days ago everyone was over the moon with our Carling Cup victory and now all of sudden everyone is angry and furious with the players and manager. Just sit back, chill and remember WIN, LOSE, DRAW no matter what, YNWA 4 LIFE.

Since Torres came ? SINCE RAFA BOUGHT HIM. You lovely manager could have bought players of that standard with the amount of money he spent.

round and round and round it goes, when it stops nobody knows...

Surprise surprise (and inevitably boring), people in here slating Suarez for diving. I just checked the Spurs thread and there's nothing in there slating Bale for doing the same last week.
None of its condoned but yeah, just keep slating one person for doing it. There's plenty others out there but nobody says a fucking word about them.

I can't stand any of the fuckers doing it btw. I'd ban them all.

Well i've always thought of you as a very intelligent poster PU6HY (you will be pleased to know that it took 5 attempts to type you nick without typo's :-)).
I think you must have a bad day because a reaction like the above is atypical.

Why does nobody bother about Bale? First of all because the Spurs isn't visited very often. And second because Bale might be a diver (and i'm not sure about that, but ok, let's say you are right, after he dived against Arsenal), but he is a nice, down to earth guy. Also because he is Brittish, and i'm not implying that this is only because Brittish tend to get away more often with diving, no because Bale does it low key...
Suarez is everything what Bale isn't (you will say except a cheater, but i don't agree): he is far from nice, far from low key and he doesn't learn from his mistakes. When he first came to Liverpool i was excited: fantastic player for the biggest English team (on the continent Liverpool is bigger than Man Utd). Since all his theatrics he has become a far lesser player. I think right at the moment he is quite an ordinary player...Bellamy for example is a much bigger treat.

In short: Suarez let's everybody down: his team mates, his fellow football players, his club, his fans and not in the least himself.

No go on and report me with a mod, so that i can be banned...a hint, pipa is a mod and he loves Suarez...that was a very childish reaction. Do you think we come in here to wind you up? No i write about Suarez because he attracts all the headlines for all the wrong reasons and a neutral football fan who likes Liverpool i expect him to mause me, not to irritate me week after week...

Surprise surprise (and inevitably boring), people in here slating Suarez for diving. I just checked the Spurs thread and there's nothing in there slating Bale for doing the same last week.
None of its condoned but yeah, just keep slating one person for doing it. There's plenty others out there but nobody says a fucking word about them.

There is no point mentioning it in the Spurs thread, nobody in their usually :PP

With Suerez its the whole holding his shin and with his other arm waving around in the air and his big teeth glowing in fake excruciating pain that makes him stand out from the rest :DD

It has been mentioned loads of times how bale is the only player in the prem to have been booked twice for diving and he dived for the Pen at Arsenal. But Suerez seemed to go over at every opportunity against us?

Well, Bale got booked for complaining to the ref at Liverpool, so he's really only been given one booking for diving this season. I have to admit that both the dive against Loserpool and the one against Arse looked suspicious (from a Spurs point of view), but in both cases there were definitely contact (Gibbs touches him in the Arse-game), but the fall to ground itself looks suspicious and theatrical. It's not a good habit, and I really hope he drops it soon, doesn't suit him or us at all.

Suarez is just a downright cnut by the way, what an awful unsporting player, really hope he's sold in the summer, a disgrace to the Premier League, in my opinion.

Well i've always thought of you as a very intelligent poster PU6HY (you will be pleased to know that it took 5 attempts to type you nick without typo's :-)).

Why does nobody bother about Bale? First of all because the Spurs isn't visited very often. And second because Bale might be a diver (and i'm not sure about that, but ok, let's say you are right, after he dived against Arsenal), but he is a nice, down to earth guy. Also because he is Brittish, and i'm not implying that this is only because Brittish tend to get away more often with diving, no because Bale does it low key...
Suarez is everything what Bale isn't (you will say except a cheater, but i don't agree): he is far from nice, far from low key and he doesn't learn from his mistakes. When he first came to Liverpool i was excited: fantastic player for the biggest English team (on the continent Liverpool is bigger than Man Utd). Since all his theatrics he has become a far lesser player. I think right at the moment he is quite an ordinary player...Bellamy for example is a much bigger treat.

In short: Suarez let's everybody down: his team mates, his fellow football players, his club, his fans and not in the least himself.

No go on and report me with a mod, so that i can be banned...a hint, pipa is a mod and he loves Suarez...that was a very childish reaction. Do you think we come in here to wind you up? No i write about Suarez because he attracts all the headlines for all the wrong reasons and a neutral football fan who likes Liverpool i expect him to mause me, not to irritate me week after week...

Bale isn't British. He's Welsh!! ;)
Cymru am Byth!!!

I'm not just on about Bale diving for a pen v Arsenal. He dives quite often. Suarez is a joke for the way he goes down. Even if there was contact yesterday his reactions are a joke. He's not the only one who does it though. Bunch of pansies, the lot of them!
I prob got confused with this and another forum when people didn't say anything in Spurs thread.

PU6HY, what bothers me is not the reaction in the forums, but in the media. When Bales or Rooneys dive you don't hear a word from pundits. But when a foreigner does it you see the difference.

Suarez's dive was quite professional. the type of stuff you can't blame the ref for, as he didn't have a clear vision. And there was slight contact shin against shin - but when they showed the replay on SS, he was already diving before the contact, his leg was already off the ground.
What made it worse was Suarez twisting in agony on the ground, taking off his shin pad. That's the type of stuff that is disgraceful, and unfortunately I have to admit South American footballers excel at that.

But Bale's was a clearer dive, the ref had a clear view. But the ref chose to give it anyway because the ref was that almighty cunt Mike Dean (the same one who celebrated when they had scored the 1st).

As much as I hate the guy (Suarez) I agree: don't single him out. It's just hypocrisy to pretend as if English players didn't do that. EDIT: Or should I say British and Welsh! :P

Last edited:

i might say the headlines or media attract him, becouse he is not just a diver as all see him (mostly oponents), but also a top talented player who they want to push out of Liverpool the same way they did with Benitez... and don´t call me paranoid, i see the newspapers and the agenda around Suarez affair and it was just above needed realy... He is a free man and there are referees to judge the players, not media...not fans...

i don´t love Suarez, i love Liverpool...the thing i like about Suarez is that he don´t give a damn about what people think and he playes for his team to win... How many times oposite players hate the star players of their rivals in past for making same things...nobody here mentiones Cantona for being fucking idiot to kick fans in stand, nobody here mentiones that crazy Keane for breaking legs of players, but words now days are more dangerous than actions...ask who is more hurt by the racist affair after all...? Evra or Suarez.. just example... i don´t say it´s ok to say such words, but damn, he was baned, he served his ban, he doesn´t give a damn about it now and from now on he needs to live with other hating him and calling racist... imho he is not that bad but with his talent and the fact he playes for LFC it´s hard to stand for some people... and they will be most happy when he is gone... best out of England...or straight to their clubs... ;)

Suarez probably needs someone to finish his actions on field or someone who will play on him... if he would play for Barca, he would tear the oponents... maybe he realises he is to good for LFC and leaves..or maybe he stayes and keep other fans pissed off for more years..

and..to be honest i realy don´t think Suarez is the problem of Liverpool, problem is we still didn´t realised we should build our attack to suit him..not Carroll..becouse players who were bought to support Carroll play without him most of the time... We need to build our team around Suarez...not play him alone up front... it´s not what he is suited for..

Last edited:

Pipa, honestly, you are paranoïd.
Please don't compare Suarez with Cantona. Cantona had more class in one leg than Suarez in his whole body, both as a football player and as a human being.
Cantona was somebody who stood for his principles. Of course he was wrong to attack that fan, but even there he stood for his principles.
I never liked Roy Keane (he is one of the reasons i stopped supporting Man Utd) but i prefer him to Suarez. Keane at least was straightforward...

Of course in his good days Suarez still can be a phenomenal players, but when did had one of those days ?

Back
Top Bottom