Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

Thank god Liverpool won. I wouldn't have heard the end of it coming from the dark side of the M4! :JAY:

Besides that, if you'd have lost, not just would we have had the vermin gloating until stupid o'clock pissed up on lukewarm pints of Brains, but also you'd have made history the wrong way around (a first ever foreign winner of the League Cup).

Vermin? Very classy of you. Some of us didn't mind The Swans winning the playoff last year and doing well this season. Some of us don't have shitty attitudes towards others. Give it a try. You might surprise yourself ;)

Anyway, great effort by City. No shame in "losing" to Liverpool.

Liverpool line up summer spree for Hazard, Martinez and Keita

Comolli said: “There’s a very positive vibe around the club across Europe.

“A lot players I know are very interested about joining the project because it’s a very interesting project.

“We already know that there are big players who want to join us next summer because they believe in the project.

“Everybody in Europe knows what Liverpool football club are trying to do.”

Henry is desperately keen to return Liverpool to the summit of the game at home and abroad, and he suggested he is ready to invest to achieve that aim, when he revealed the next stage of the plan will soon get underway.

Henry said: “The supporters are used to a certain kind of excellence; to see that start to emerge again at Wembley is great.

“But this is just a great first step in what we are trying to accomplish, in moving in the direction that we hope we would move.

“It’s about silverware, right, so it will help us build on every level and it’s what our players and our fans expect. We are still learning but that is what we want now - to build on every level.”
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/tra...ou-Keita-Lille-Eden-Hazard-article871880.html

I don´t pay attention to the names of players in that article, only the direct quotes...

After the trophy P.R. Is vital .When does the season tickets go on sale anyhow?
Perfect time to raise tickets pr£ces me think!

One Carling Cup that you struggled to win against Championship opposition and suddenly you can out-impress the likes of Madrid, Barca and so on for someone like Hazard?

'Next year is our year' taken to the extreme. You'll only be in the Europa League and you'll still have players like Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam. Why would any decent player wanna play for you?

Well matherto, i do believe that Liverpool actually have a better chance to attract Hazard than Real Madrid and Barcelona if they reach a top 4 spot.

For his transfer Hazard has a double priority:

1 playing reularly (i.e. being a regular starter, he is influenced by Lukaku's troubles with Chelsea)
2 playing for a club that plays CL.

According to French and Belgian media, Spurs are in a pole position for Hazard. Hazard himself confirmed that Spurs are a strong possibility (for what that is worth of course).

Hazard knows damn well that he will not be a regular starter for those very big clubs.
And Hazard is intelligent enough to know that he is not as good as his reputation is at the moment.

I think Liverpool still need to finish in top-4.....
that would make a huge difference in attracting top players.
I think winning the cup and showing the trophy and the winning fans,etc
will attract some players.....but top-4 is another level.

At the moment, it looks hard....but you never know.
The players need the same determination that helped beat City
and Chelsea in the Carling cup.

We have to beat Arsenal....then we can start hoping for top-4.

Maybe more players are realizing Madrid and Barca means no playing time. Granted there are other places where young talents can go, but maybe seeing the ownership and whats in place/starting to be done changes some players minds.
At least I would like to think so, very tired of the current trend of players pledging to be lifelong supporters of a club they've been linked to.

I can actually see a lot of those players AT barca/ Madrid leaving shortly. Especially those that have gone for big money and barely palyed this season.

I expect it to be a busy summer.

Nuri Sahin prime example! Though injuries haven't helped his case either.

guys some of you talk as if the name of a player was a sign of his future success.. it´s more about finding right player to fit the system, not buy superstars and put high pressure on them.. especially in this days when little kids are overrated and overpriced...

i trust our managment..

Yes but some of the 'big' names as well may be the right pieces. I don't think anyone but media and a few fans hear a name and expect that player to be the next (Insert great) for their team/team they will go to.
I believe the owners are looking at and evaluating talented young players, and some of those big names would have to be in those discussions. Based on raw talent alone. Ultimately these players need to find the right places and coaches to grow with. And I hope that if Liverpool do manage any of the bigger players they claim to be looking at they take their time with the player. Don't throw everything on them, don't buy into the hype. Nurture the talent.

Deep down I hope that players look for teams to go that are on the edge of success but need a few pieces. That these players would like to write their own chapter and not go here or there because they just won and threw a lot of money at them.

Skrtel when we bought him cost 6 mil. pounds, Agger about the same.. now they are both one of best defence partnership and cost 12 mil. together +/-

Lucas was bargain as well..

i know money can bring you top player, but the way we look at someone and lable him top player is totally different to the way our or any team looks on to different players and the value they can bring to the club over the years.. Sir Alex F. told media that United won´t bring anyone becouse they feel the players avileable are not that great to cost over what they actually are worth..

That´s why if someone mentiones Gotze, Hazard etc.. he only looks on how this players play and nothing else... the other aspects such as their view, the money behind, the value, posibility of growth and also the personal aspects are usually not even mentioned..When i look on forums people write down all names from top football manager players..they for example write Podolski and i say, ok.. this guy had problems to stay in Bavaria from his home town...how would he accomodate to Liverpool town? etc..

Many forgot that LFC has good reserves, we have players that are able to step up, Coady - Sterling can be long term first team players, especially Sterling.. The owners want to turn attention to the youth for the reason it´s better to "produce a Hazard", then to buy him.. The players build for the team from reserves have also totally different approach towards the club...While Hazard might not even give a damn and take his next club as step towards even bigger one..the lads from reserves like Spearing would for example die for the red shirt and it´s visible in every match...

Last edited:

guys some of you talk as if the name of a player was a sign of his future success.. it´s more about finding right player to fit the system, not buy superstars and put high pressure on them.. especially in this days when little kids are overrated and overpriced...

i trust our managment..

This ^^^

i trust our managment..

The people who brought Caroll to Liverpool?
I know this is an unfair comment. It is also too soon to evaluate Liverpool's transfers. People should not expect that players like Downing, Henderson, Adam e.a. can make an immediate big impact in their first season.
Nevertheless i have the impression that there are quite a few clubs who are doing better on the transfer market than Liverpool over the last years.

I know this is an unfair comment. It is also too soon to evaluate Liverpool's transfers. People should not expect that players like Downing, Henderson, Adam e.a. can make an immediate big impact in their first season.
Nevertheless i have the impression that there are quite a few clubs who are doing better on the transfer market than Liverpool over the last years.
I dont know if it is fair to criticize the owners for Carroll transfer. In the Premier League model, the owners generate resources and provide the money and the manager buys the players. Their only fault was to trust Dalglish with transfers.

Every single team can find a good player for cheap and also can find a flop for a lot of money.. i would like to know wich club except City of course - i mean club with normal sallary pay for the players + normal owners/resources had made better transfers or did have more succes than LFC over let´s say last 5-6 years..

Every single team can find a good player for cheap and also can find a flop for a lot of money.. i would like to know wich club except City of course - i mean club with normal sallary pay for the players + normal owners/resources had made better transfers or did have more succes than LFC over let´s say last 5-6 years..

Seriously? In the last 5 years Liverpool have won the Carling Cup, last week.

There are only two teams in that time that have spent more - both gross AND net - than Liverpool: City and Chelsea.

You sure you want to try doing that comparison?

No pipa, apparently Liverpool has spent the third most of all EPL clubs.
Have they been the third best club over that period? No....not at all.

have they been financially and over anything stable during that period, were they keeping best players or selling them? Were they stable in terms of ownership? We did spended but we spended with big problems the club was having.. We are first year under our new owners first whole season for them will end in June... i think we can talk after it ends, if it was success or failure.. The other words of who we can afford or attract are just not necessary,nobody here knows how the things are in reality between players-agents-clubs... all i know is i want to have players playing for this club who are quality-who care and who will fight at any situation for the win.. i don´t need fancy names or top class players from FIFA manager mode... i need fighters and players who play for the team to win... if we win every game with Carroll without Carroll scoring in it, i could not care less to be honest.

playing with Carroll its same as to play with 10 player , when u see carroll in field think that liverpool have one RED CARD in start of match

oh no its even more worst coz when u are 1 player down u dont hope on him and u dont lose ball trying to give to him , also u dont play that f*cking boring football like we do with that long balls , i feel disgust and this IS NOT LIVERPOOL FC !!!

playing with Carroll its same as to play with 10 player , when u see carroll in field think that liverpool have one RED CARD in start of match

oh no its even more worst coz when u are 1 player down u dont hope on him and u dont lose ball trying to give to him , also u dont play that f*cking boring football like we do with that long balls , i feel disgust and this IS NOT LIVERPOOL FC !!!
Be careful men. Pipa is going to ban you if you keep critizicing Carroll.

I think he can ban you for using abusive language. But I'll let Pipa do the talking.

If someone like you bother to see Carroll's play nowadays, he's getting much better, movement and his teammates have a better view on where to put the balls so he can hold them up. So he's improving, which I don't think you like. Mind getting off the team instead?

No, they have been fourth. Behind Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. :P

Anyway,
Does anyone have a videolink to the newest attack on humanity by Liverpool in the form of a comical spanish Reina advert?

Here is it, absolutely shocking, he should be hanged!

YouTube - Pepe Reina Stars In New Commercial! (Translated) | HD

Honestly, for anyone who wonders why Liverpool fans think there is extra negative media attention only has to look at all the headlines around for this video. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17215880

Last edited:

No, they have been fourth. Behind Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. :P

Anyway,
Does anyone have a videolink to the newest attack on humanity by Liverpool in the form of a comical spanish Reina advert?

Here is it, absolutely shocking, he should be hanged!

YouTube - Pepe Reina Stars In New Commercial! (Translated) | HD

Honestly, for anyone who wonders why Liverpool fans think there is extra negative media attention only has to look at all the headlines around for this video. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17215880

This is getting completely and utterly ridiculous.

Journalists and certain media people need to have a good look at themselves for fabricating this absolute shocking attitude to racism and prejudice in everything they see and then sensationalise it to sell their stories to all the leeches and trash who choose to run and print these articles.

I am well and truly sick to the stomach of the hidden people continually trying and succeeding in capital gain (money) based on rooting anything that they can turn and twist in to "Race Storm" headlines....:RANT::RANT::RANT::RANT:

Last edited:

OBV director Simon Woolley said: "I'm shocked on so many levels. A: "Firstly, how would the Spanish feel if the English stereotyped Spanish people as backward, stupid, and animalistic homosexuals?
B: "Secondly, what does this say about Pepe Reina?"

B: My first reaction was; That he has a sense of humour....and you don't.

A: Faulty Towers. And probably a whole load of contempory succesfull entertainment.

media need to pick on everything possible, but this is just to much..

i think there is not many people in club atm who will even bother to care about this stuff right now.. we have a very very important match ahead..

i would worry about Agger who won´t play probably.. :/

Back
Top Bottom