Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

Sorry, was actually being facetious - for me the double is THE League, and the FA Cup. ;)

Carling Cup is a bit of a nothing one.

If you win the FA Cup, that's an achievement though.
Totally agree. Carling Cup used to be called the Milk Cup for a reason.

YouTube - Footsteps of our Fathers

milk cup or not, this guy´s comment under that video make more sence to me:
im 18 years old boy from sweden. i have waited for 6 years at this very moment, and on sunday it gonna happend a final, at wembley, i think its gonna be the most important match since CL final 07. im sad i cant be in the UK to support. but i swear im gonna be in my sofa and sing out of joy when they walk out.. for some of the player its the biggest game they have played. so come on lads come on YNWA

Last edited:

As excited for a Wembley match against Cardiff as Istanbul against AC Milan?

I guess I just don't get it.

Anyway, you'll walk the match. It'll be like when United crushed Wigan or Millwall. The gap between the two teams is massive, and will show.

Who knows, maybe Saint Luis Saurez will score the winner and we can all be joyous at how the poor, wronged man is given his shot at redemption.

who knows, maybe Cardiff will win..

i´m excited about every final the same.. and i want only one result for the team i support.

Carling Cup is silverware, and if we win and Man U don't get any silverware then consider Liverpool had a better season regardless of LFC getting a CL spot or not. Don't try to spoil for the rest of us, we'll take it with both hands thanks.

that`s good pipa is getting excited for the final. I hope they win it too ! nothing wrong about getting a trophies regardless of size. Be aware B`ham won it and got regulated , Spurs won it and drop 11th spot or so. The celebration was too much to handle...In no way in shape am I implying your fate.

Small clubs can`t deal w/ success and Liverpool are a big club they will be fine imo.

Who knows, maybe Saint Luis Saurez will score the winner and we can all be joyous at how the poor, wronged man is given his shot at redemption.

Fucking hell. I haven't posted here in over a week and virtually the first thing I read is something about Suarez!

Move on you boring git. FFS.

Carling Cup is silverware, and if we win and Man U don't get any silverware then consider Liverpool had a better season regardless of LFC getting a CL spot or not. Don't try to spoil for the rest of us, we'll take it with both hands thanks.

That is rather pathetic and not the smartest post in this thread (and that is a massive understatement).
Liverpool versus Man Utd is like Everton versus Liverpool.
Don't bother about the other team, just about your team.

If Liverpool will not finish in the top 4, it doesn't matter that they have won silverware and United (maybe) not...Man Utd will play CL and Liverpool not. We all know for wich team good players are gonna go...not for the team that has won silverware, but for the losers that will play CL.

As excited for a Wembley match against Cardiff as Istanbul against AC Milan?

I guess I just don't get it.

Anyway, you'll walk the match. It'll be like when United crushed Wigan or Millwall. The gap between the two teams is massive, and will show.

When United won it, it wasnt important, when Arsenal played the final, it wasnt important. Now that Dalglish has the chance to win some silverware, it is suddenly as important as the FA Cup. Some fans are really unbelievable ...

That is rather pathetic and not the smartest post in this thread (and that is a massive understatement).
Liverpool versus Man Utd is like Everton versus Liverpool.
Don't bother about the other team, just about your team.

If Liverpool will not finish in the top 4, it doesn't matter that they have won silverware and United (maybe) not...Man Utd will play CL and Liverpool not. We all know for wich team good players are gonna go...not for the team that has won silverware, but for the losers that will play CL.

AHA so are we looking for the smartest post when we go here?

Nothing on you Gerd but we're talking about MU fans that tries to say Carling Cup is nothing when we're in the Finals of it, try telling that to Sir Alex and he'll say bullox. Maybe not for you who lost vs Crystal Palace at OT lat last year so no don't tell me it's just a nothing silverware.

CL is important but if we don't get it this year and we got 1 or 2 cups I'll be happy.

That'd be the Sir Alex that cared so much about the tournament he hands debuts to youth players in it? Please. Fergie's list of priorities is this (as is every United fans):

Premier League
Champions League
Champions League qualification
FA Cup
Europa League (if)
Carling Cup
Community Shield

It's great you're in a final and go enjoy a day out but please don't tell me you'd rather win that then finish 4th. You're lying to yourself or you don't get the situation your club is in.

AHA so are we looking for the smartest post when we go here?

Nothing on you Gerd but we're talking about MU fans that tries to say Carling Cup is nothing when we're in the Finals of it, try telling that to Sir Alex and he'll say bullox. Maybe not for you who lost vs Crystal Palace at OT lat last year so no don't tell me it's just a nothing silverware.

CL is important but if we don't get it this year and we got 1 or 2 cups I'll be happy.

I'm a Spurs fan.
I don't think in rivalries at all (i've always enjoyed Arsenal).
On the one hand it's great that you would be happy with the Carling Cup. It's refreshing to see fans who are happy with small things. But of course playing CL football is much more important than winning the Carling Cup. Not a single big player will come to Liverpool because of that. Playing CL attracts players.

I don't search for the smartest post in this thread, but i can't understand why the rival team's loss seems to be more important than your own team's success. If Man Utd would end second (and i think they will be champions again) and Liverpool would win the Carling Cup, i know which team has done better: Man Utd.

Cups are great but the real test is the league. Nothing beats winning the league, not even winning the CL. CL is in that aspect a bit like fools gold. It's a great title, but it's value is diminished because other team's than the champions can participate.

CL is a 100 metres run (where Usain Bolt can eliminate himself by making false starts although it is obvious that he is the best). The League is a marathon where in the end the best team always wins and the final ranking illustrate almost always a team's worth...

I don't think (I hope) anyone is saying the FA/Carling cups are a higher priority than 4th or better. I just think given the current situation it's something to shoot for and will be a boost for the players/staff.

That'd be the Sir Alex that cared so much about the tournament he hands debuts to youth players in it? Please. Fergie's list of priorities is this (as is every United fans):

Premier League
Champions League
Champions League qualification
FA Cup
Europa League (if)
Carling Cup
Community Shield

It's great you're in a final and go enjoy a day out but please don't tell me you'd rather win that then finish 4th. You're lying to yourself or you don't get the situation your club is in.

I think City being genuine title contenders has added to our determination to win it and made it slightly more important than it probably would be, I do think the CL ranks higher than the League though now at least in SAF's mind and kind of in mine.

Each for their own then, 4th is out of our hands so I'm content and happy with the 2 cups we're still in.

LOL every cup is good to win and what you guys argue about make me laugh.. we are Liverpool FC, we will fight in every competition we are in to get as far as possible

other talk of important or not important thing is just not necessary..

win every match possible is what counts.

i know our manager thinks of next game before he speculates how to get fourth place.. next game is always most important!

i know this cup isnt that important but if we are already in final we have to win it , we must win , even if its not important if we lose vs cardif will be one "tragedy" and i can see team going even more down that what is

its good to bring more up morale of player and maybe start a possitive run before this important match we have in next days

I don't know why the question is about 4th spot versus Carling Cup...

It's not as if one or the other is an option...

Of course Liverpool want top-4....and we also want to win
the Carling Cup AND the FA Cup...

I hope we win this Final....

It will help boost our confidence.....and finally put
aside all the gloom that has shadowed our season due to
Suarez's ban and the misfiring new signings.

It can not do us any harm...I'll tell you that !!

Imagine if Andy Carroll scores the winner...now that would be
some headline.....anyway I don't care even if it is Enrique
or Spearing who scores.....we need the win.

If there is one player who deserves to be in the lineup
or to be involved in the match and get a winner's medal
it is Dirk Kuyt....he joined in 2006 and has never won anything for Liverpool
despite being so faithful to our club.

C'MON LIVERPOOL !!!

Last edited:

realy curious for the lineup.. i mean for this cup we used Kelly, Coates, Spearing...also Maxi scored some winners.. so i look forward to the final squad by Dalglish...

wonder if he starts with the best 11 possible, and imho it´s this one:

---------------- Reina ----------------

Johnson --- Skrtel -- Agger --- Enrique

--------------- Spearing --------------

------ Henderson ------- Adam ---------

--------------- Gerrard ---------------

------ Suarez ----------- Bellamy -----

or he will give starting spot to players who don´t play as starters but helped during the cup.. + Andy from beggining...

that would be maybe..

--------------- Reina ---------------

Kelly --- Skrtel -- Coates -- Enrique

------- Henderson ---- Gerrard ------

--- Maxi --------------------- Bellamy

---------------- Suarez ---------------

---------------- Carroll ------------

From Pepe Reina Facebook:

On the way to Wembley!!! C'on reds!!!
Camino de Wembley!!! Vamos Liverpool!!!

426178_276296492440482_129509713785828_645684_1200541424_n.jpg

Reina is one of the coolest footballers around. Real fun guy. The type you'd love to have as a team-mate always joking around and making things interesting with good mood and smiling yet professional and takes job seriously and works hard.

I like the guy a lot.

yeah, definetly, that´s why he´s second captain :P

i´m nervous before the match...

Last edited:

I think Jordan Henderson is the most convervative player Ive ever seen. He just tries to do nothing and stay away from plays. Pathetic.

Cardiff are absolutely knackered (it's heading into xtra time now). Think Pool might win 3-1 AET. Can't see Cardiff holding on.

I'd bring Earnshaw on due to his pace and finishing, Miller is spent.

Back
Top Bottom