Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

Gooooaaaaaaaaaaal Kuyt
429313_319286584795326_100427663347887_956031_1573470251_n.jpg

Cant believe we let Cardiff back into this game....

After Kuyt's goal....we should have won comfortably...

Just sat back and let them hit us....

Penalties....well with all our big names and experience
we have to win...

Let Kuyt take the decisive penalty...4 or 5.

What a match....who had thought this game would have gone in Penalties ...

considering it's a repeat of 2001...Liverpool vs Birmingham...
very similar circumstances....
Liverpool new manager...new players....have'nt won a thing for years.

Liverpool to win the spotkick...hopefully

Finally.....a Win is a win is a win...

Liverpool....winners !

Hopefully more to come this year !!

Downing and Kuyt were the best players for us...

Miller and Whittingham ....good for Cardiff...

Cardiff....great team...hope to see them in the Premiership soon

I dont like many things what our team show today

Whatever we won it so not that bad , big respect for cardiff really they at the last deserve penaltys

GET INNNNNNNNNNNNN :)

Now somebody mind Anthony Gerrard before he does anything unwantful to himself cause he was the one that "assisted" Kuyt's goal and SOMEHOW has been put as 5th penalty taker. I don't know what the manager's thinking, fresh legs? I don't know how Adam can show himself now with such, such a horrible penalty. At least the keeper made a splendid save on Gerrard's pen.

Let's hope this bring in the boost we need in the BPL to chase that 4th spot !

:KING: well done ! congrats for the 1st trophy of the year. I wish you lots the best ,but whoever gets 4th or 3rd spot. Is truly deserving of it :))

'Adam's penalty has been seen as an act of provocation by Iran.'

'Reports that a window on the International Space Station has been broken by Charlie Adam's penalty.'

Just two that have had me in tears since I saw them.

Congratulations on your with first trophy of the season! Today you turned out to be quite a nice match, although it is quite alarming at first, as seen after the first half on the scoreboard 1-0 to Cardiff was a bit strange. But in the end everything fell into place. In short, again, I congratulate you on this success and I wish you to win second trophy (FA Cup) and many wins in the championship. Good luck! :P

'Adam's penalty has been seen as an act of provocation by Iran.'

'Reports that a window on the International Space Station has been broken by Charlie Adam's penalty.'

Just two that have had me in tears since I saw them.

@milankakabaros @Charlie26Adam penalty. In super-HD. Phenomenal. yfrog.com/h3ywjdtj
Retweeted by Milan Kaka Baros

scaled.php

...What to say to describe the joy of today... i´m very happy and proud we won yet another cup especially for this group of players and this manager, new owners..

I love this club and supporters, i also want to say thanks to Cardiff fans and club for good game.. wish you could win it but it´s Liverpool who i support.. maybe next time.. also hope to see you in Premier league next season..

I love this feeling and i hope it´s not the last time this season we celebrate like this...

YNWA JFT96

Last edited:

LFC owner John Henry:

"Just getting here: beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on two days' rest, to beat Manchester City over two legs - it was a tremendous accomplishment just to get here. Even if we'd lost I would have felt we'd accomplished a lot, but we didn't. It doesn't matter how you win if you win.

"The whole club had a lot of pressure but Kenny has been extraordinary from day one."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-has-been-extraordinary

we have great owners.

It's great to see the owners being the way they are.

Hopefully this is the start of good things....and this win lights
a fire for more hunger and better players...

I was really happy for Kuyt...and Skrtel...two players who
have been at Liverpool for 4-6 years and now have their
first trophy.....pretty nice that they both scored the goals...thank God.

This feels like 2001 again....hopefully we can get the FA cup...

but what a massive game at home to Arsenal next week....!!

The ball Adam kicked is expected to drop in the atlantic sea after reaching the atmosphere.

Pathetic display from LFC.

It was a win win situation for me. If we win, we're in Europe.
If we lose, the media would have been all over the dire performances from almost every man in a red shirt.

Thank god Liverpool won. I wouldn't have heard the end of it coming from the dark side of the M4! :JAY:

Besides that, if you'd have lost, not just would we have had the vermin gloating until stupid o'clock pissed up on lukewarm pints of Brains, but also you'd have made history the wrong way around (a first ever foreign winner of the League Cup).

Last edited:

Congratulations to Liverpool on winning the Carling cup. Remember when we won it in 2008, we got dismissed by the 'big boys' for winning the Mickey Mouse cup. But at the end of the day, its a trophy and was the 1st Carling Cup to be won at the new wembley. We beat a good Chelsea side that day who eventually made the Champions League final!

Just be wary of this heralding a new era of trophies for Liverpool. When we won it, we went completely downhill after that under Ramos.
If anything, losing the final the year later (2009) to United proved to be what I believe, a turning point in our fortunes under Harry. We have improved massively since then (apart from yesterday :D)!

Also, I hope you pick up an important win on Saturday lunchtime for different reasons...

Last edited:

Thank god Liverpool won. I wouldn't have heard the end of it coming from the dark side of the M4! :JAY:

Besides that, if you'd have lost, not just would we have had the vermin gloating until stupid o'clock pissed up on lukewarm pints of Brains, but also you'd have made history the wrong way around (a first ever foreign winner of the League Cup).

hah :) yeah probably.. well..i expect more now to come..

btw, Skrtel won a second trophy tonight as he was player of the year in Slovakia !!! his progress is massive!!

to be fair, the final is a match that could go either way..for me important thing is we played very though matches in the road to this final and we didn´t took it as a mickey mose cup, neither did Chelsea and City.. but now we managed to win this, i want also FA Cup and fourth place...

more than the win i´m happy this club is now in better hands than before.. this cup is the sweetest just to be first for new owners, for Kenny and this bunch of players together...Kuyt deserved a cup for his service to the club so far.. Skrtel, Lucas as well for example..

PIPA23,

Glad for Dirk Kuyt, he was the longest-serving player at 'Pool without a trophy up until yesterday. Hard-working player who deserves trophies.

Felt the same for Robbie Keane when we won in 2008. You could see the joy and emotion in his face at finally adding a trophy to his career. Its what football is all about. Keano was a Spurs legend at the time, until you guys ruined him...

Don't agree with Steve Gerrard however that winning trophies being more important than 4th place.

The prestige, glamour and financial boost playing in the UCL provides outweighs winning a domestic trophy. Although, you do get remembered in history as a cup winner rather than a Champions League quarter-finalist.

shak i´m not so sure if LFC ruined Keane tbh..

and i think we as a club have still a good status despite not playing CL this season and the world would not end if we don´t play CL next season as well...wich don´t mean i don´t want us to play it..but we should be there again.. the competition for the top 4 is stronger than ever and it´s hard to say how a drop out of CL spot would affect Arsenal, Chelsea or Tottenham... i don´t think they would cope with it better than LFC to be honest..

I think to win a cup is not less than qualify for CL myself.. Ask Arsenal fans how would they deciede between winning FA Cup or Carling cup next season or qualify to CL and not progress very far..

Arsene Wenger said that top4 finish is like a trophy, i think it´s bullshit. Trophy always is better..and top english teams won´t suffer a lot without not playing in CL, such as the small teams will not gain any posibility to snap top players once they play there... top teams in england will always attract players and it´s becouse the league is best...CL is big advantage i admit, but to get there you need to think of other 5 teams now that fight for this 4 places alongside your team...in past it was 4 teams..City and Chelsea, not even Tottenham wasn´t there some time ago..

and i write this without even thinking of Newcastle.. they also are very strong this season..

Last edited:

shak i´m not so sure if LFC ruined Keane tbh..

and i think we as a club have still a good status despite not playing CL this season and the world would not end if we don´t play CL next season as well...wich don´t mean i don´t want us to play it..but we should be there again.. the competition for the top 4 is stronger than ever and it´s hard to say how a drop out of CL spot would affect Arsenal, Chelsea or Tottenham... i don´t think they would cope with it better than LFC to be honest..

I think to win a cup is not less than qualify for CL myself.. Ask Arsenal fans how would they deciede between winning FA Cup or Carling cup next season or qualify to CL and not progress very far..

Arsene Wenger said that top4 finish is like a trophy, i think it´s bullshit. Trophy always is better..and top english teams won´t suffer a lot without not playing in CL, such as the small teams will not gain any posibility to snap top players once they play there... top teams in england will always attract players and it´s becouse the league is best...CL is big advantage i admit, but to get there you need to think of other 5 teams now that fight for this 4 places alongside your team...in past it was 4 teams..City and Chelsea, not even Tottenham wasn´t there some time ago..

and i write this without even thinking of Newcastle.. they also are very strong this season..
it depends how you see it and take it for granted, When was the last time Wenger fell out of the Top4 ? Trophies would be nice sure it`s a bonus FA CUP n CArling would be massive I would love a cup that takes more than a pint to fill it tbh. I don`t agree with Best League especially when the best 2 teams in the league can`t even get to the knockout rounds :P and players would come to any team in EPL. I think managers play a big part n the wages of course . What names can Kenny bring? will he pick up Hazard from the airport personally? Maybe that`s harsh I just can`t see it . Arry atm has become really popular especially when Spurs beat the likes of the Italian Giants in front of the world .

I agree Liverpool has been great copping w/o CL I`m afraid what it would do to Arsenal. They need the ££ more than Tottenham, Chels n Liverpool. I think Arsenal board strive to be the top 5th World`s most valuable Sport club :LOL:

Last edited:

I already wrote this, but i will repeat it: winning the Carling Cup will not attract a single good player, qualifying for the CL will do.

So you may pretend as much as you want that you have won a big trophy, the people who are not hardcore Liverpool fans know better.

Nevertheless congratulations. I hope it may lift Liverpool because i would like Liverpool once again to compete for other silverware.

Completely agree.

Well done. Congratulations. And don't fool yourself.

..Guys don´t think that i´m overrating Carling cup, all i´m saying is that there is 7 teams in Premier league fighting for top 4, 3 teams fighting for 1. place... In no other league you have such strong teams in mid table and so few points difference between them.. i belive..

..My point is Liverpool FC still is big name to attract big players despite not playing in CL.. Playing in CL is what this team is about obviously, but let us give the owners at least a year becouse they are new kids in town... they set the target to this season to get top 4 finish and cup - any cup is a bonus, so you can see they also prefeur to play CL..but are we only depending on this? i think not..

If we want the right players, they will move here.. @bebo i don´t think it´s up to only Kenny to pick players avileable for right price.. we have also other people in that area...

Back
Top Bottom