Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

Pipa, one word of advice from somebody who means well with you.

Take a break for a few days and don't read papers or watch television. Forget football and search a nice girlfriend or if you already have one, have some good sex for a couple of days. I think that you are loosing the plot frankly speaking...

Right at the moment you are not doing yourself any favours... Leave the whole Suarez-Evra thing behind you. You obviously know why those papers write things like that...to feed the controversy and to sell more of their rags. I don't believe a word about what papers like that write...

Concentrate on the next matches of Liverpool...and just leave it...it's not worth it.

Good advise Gerd...

thankfully this episode is over...

Liverpool really need to step up their game...
we have gone off the boil since the Carling cup draw vs City...

hopefully they can focus on the pitch....where we need
to start scoring more goals...

Our best midfield/attack:

---------Spearing--------
------Gerrard----Adam----
--Kuyt---Suarez---Bellamy-

Liverpool really need to step up their game...
we have gone off the boil since the Carling cup draw vs City...

Eh? We beat Utd in the cup and strolled to a 3-0 win at Wolves and were unlucky to not beat Spurs.

The performances have been good, but the last game was very poor after the two goals. That was what was worrying, the first half was ok but after the goals they didn't believe they could win. even though in the final 10min. they could have snatched an undeserved draw. Gerrard especially looked a bit fed-up.

Well tik, i've seen the Utd match and as a neutral, i must say i had the impression that Liverpool already were outplayed in the first half...Utd should have had the lead in the first half.

Eh? We beat Utd in the cup and strolled to a 3-0 win at Wolves and were unlucky to not beat Spurs.

The performances have been good, but the last game was very poor after the two goals. That was what was worrying, the first half was ok but after the goals they didn't believe they could win. even though in the final 10min. they could have snatched an undeserved draw. Gerrard especially looked a bit fed-up.

Even the home game vs United....we allowed them to dominate the midfield..
and really it was one long-ball that helped us win in the last few
minutes....we really looked pretty one-dimensional at times.

Beating Wolves 3:0....well in hindsight...Wolves are really really crap now
arent they ?..just lost 1:5 to Hodgson's men...

And even against Spurs at home...we looked out of ideas...

Away to United...for me we were good in the first 25 minutes...
and then it was all united...till towards Suarez' goal...even then
we looked very lucky if we got a draw..

Downing Carroll and Henderson need to be bench players....and only called
upon to add some variety...or as backup players....I would start all 3
of them vs Brighton and bench them for the Carling final and vs Arsenal.

The lineup I mentioned above is the strongest IMO...

Agree partly, but against Utd the lack of possesion was by design. Besides the goal they scored from Enrique's mistake, how many efforts or saves from Reina were there? Again at OT, besides the Rafael shot that Wellbeck could have gotten a toe on, they didn't really do much else in the 1st half. I can't remember much else tbh, there was good movement from Utd but they never really got through. Although Liverpool did concede too much possesion in that game and it looked more like a matter of time I agree, but they were still pretty solid.

And the match by match comparison is pointless imo, it can change per game from team to team. Everton have beaten both City and Chelsea recently, guess they are top 3 material now?

Bob Paisley died at this day in 1996, he served this club in just about every form from 1939 right up until 1992.

Bob (whose wife Jessie died last week) won one league title as a player and as a manager won 6 leagues, 3 european cups, a uefa cup and 3 league cups in a 9 year spell between 1974 and 1983.

RIP SIR BOB

a true Liverpool legend.

00250647.jpg

Bob Paisley carries an injured Emlyn Hughes from the pitch 1968

00244117.jpg

Bob Paisley with the European Cup on the Train, May 1978

00244104.jpg

Bob Paisley pictured with Bill Shankly winning Manager of the Year, again in 1977

00254746.jpg

Bob Paisley the physio treats Tommy Smith 1969

00244180.jpg

Bob Paisley at Kenny's signing 1976

00244032.jpg

Bob Paisley with Ian Callaghan, May 1977

00243991.jpg

Bob Paisley has a well earned glass of Champagne after winning the league

00241424.jpg

Bob Paisley and Thommo with Bobby Robson May 1983

00240794.jpg

Bob Paisley with Kenny Dalglish, May 1978

00237546.jpg

Bob Paisley various portraits

00236502.jpg

00236494.jpg

00258209.jpg

00207392.jpg

00208031.jpg

Last edited:

i know who Ian Callaghan is, that post is copyed from other forum, thanks for reminding though ;)

Last edited:

good to see liverpool finally realise they are wrong, but they are not allowed to move on yet, they need to apologise for the innitial racist comments to evra, then support evra by printing a picture of evra on a t-shirt and wearing it before a game to show support to evra.

Then buy for him one ferrari and in the last one big co*k for put in his ass

I think it is very impressive that we have a superb defense
that is relatively young....and can last for another 4 years.

What we really need is to focus on our attack....
hopefully this summer we will address that...

because even though we have the meanest defense

our goals scored is pathetic....and even teams like Blackburn,
Sunderland, Fulham, Norwich have scored more...

Talking about Summer...I read somewhere that Lavezzi is going
to come here in the summer.
http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/02/expert-claims-argentina-star-will-sign.html

well to be honest, i don´t want to even imagine the crazy summer speculations already...

hope we buy wise... but we definetly need to buy... a lot will depend on our position by the end of the season, so... it´s useless to speculate now, couse if we play CL we can aim higher in terms of players quality...

Lavezzi would be fantastic, direct replacement of Kuyt in first 11...

I was watching today some matches of the early Benitez era, and I found out how much we are missing a player like Luis Garcia. Probably the best replacement for a player like him would be Lavazzi. But first we should qualify for CL then attracting world class players wouldn't be a problem at all.

Why would Lavezzi leave Napoli for Liverpool?

not sure what to answer on this...

the transfer window opens after the season, so then i hopefully will answer: becouse we play in CL and are most succesfull english club in that competition...

but so far it´s realy not needed to speculate.. it all depends on lot of things..

Well, I was going to ask who you thought will be falling out of the Top 4 - but after just seeing Arsenal's 'performance'... I think I have a clue.

Then again, it doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility that with Cabaye and Tiote back, Newcastle could stay there. Imagine the odds at the season start of a top 4 without Pool, Arsenal and Chelsea (!!!).

It´s still to early to predict, best would be to compare Arsenal´s Chelsea´s and Liverpool´s next league fixtures...

i think Chelsea are in biger trouble than Liverpool to be honest..but you never know with their owner... he might sack half of squad and AVB and buy another playes and coach again...

with arsenal it all depends if the owners will stick with Wenger after this season.. if they don´t make it in to top four, i think it´s his last season here..unless Arsenal don´t consider themselfs top club anymore...

As for Liverpool, the season target for new owners is top 4, other than that is failure, cup win might sweet things up, but the money spended won´t be reflected in the teams season just becouse of cup won.. Either they want to build or instant success..i think the first is more likely...

No way this Liverpool team will end in the top 4.
Both Manchester clubs are out of reach.
Spurs looks a certainty for 3th place (but one never knows with Spurs, although this current team seems solid).
I don't see Liverpool ending before all the other fourth place contenders to be honest...

No way this Liverpool team will end in the top 4.
Both Manchester clubs are out of reach.
Spurs looks a certainty for 3th place (but one never knows with Spurs, although this current team seems solid).
I don't see Liverpool ending before all the other fourth place contenders to be honest...

im agree with u for 3 fist places all tho i cant really trust in tottenham coz this teams if start to lose they cant stop losing after ....

arsenal play vs Sunderland now for FA , after Spurs and then Liverpool so to be honest with last night i can see 4 lose in row for Arsenal , Chelsea isnt doing well too so we still have a chance , Newcastle for me its out of 4th place !

Upcoming head-to-head fixtures in the top 7:

Liverpool:
H-Arsenal
A-Newcastle
H-Chelsea

Arsenal:
H-Spurs
A-Liverpool
H-Newcastle
H-City
H-Chelsea

Chelsea:
A-City
H-Spurs
H-Newcastle
A-Arsenal
A-Liverpool

Newcastle:
A-Arsenal
H-Liverpool
A-Chelsea
H-City

Liverpool have the easiest run-in, although with their performances against the lesser sides this season that might not be a good thing. But with only 4 points difference and the extra match ups the others have a 4 points swing is nothing. A couple of draws between them and Liverpool would be level again whilst maintaining the current average.

And how easy must Utd's run-in be as they seem to have played everyone already?! Only City(A) and Spurs(A) to play.

Last edited:

our problem are more "little" teams coz if we beat them and lose out 3 matchs with "Liverpool: H-Arsenal A-Newcastle H-Chelsea" we are still going to finish 3th , but i believe oposite , we are going to win this 3 matchs and many draw with "little" teams we have to change this way to do !

Teams like Chelsea and Arsenal won't be a problem at all for Liverpool, we've already beaten Chelsea twice this season and Arsenal once away from home.
I fear for the away matches against Norwich and Swansea much more lol

The thing is that Arsenal will have their heads down
if they go out of the CL as we expect....
and their season could unravel...

Liverpool...if we beat Cardiff...and continue in the FA cup...
that can really help us improve and keep fighting for 4th spot..

Chelsea..seem to be having some issues...and again their
progress also depends on the CL...if Napoli put them out...
which is possible...then I can see them also unravel..

Liverpool have it in their hands....if we can keep in touching
distance of the 4th spot..then it is all to play for.

Same with Newcastle....if they keep chugging on...who knows what can happen

Liverpool lack creativity.
If teams can neutralise Suarez, Liverpool will not score... They have a good defense and might win points against big teams, but they will loose more points against mid-table teams...draws are a very likely result for them in those matches. Draws don't bring to a CL place.

If Liverpool could end the season like last year, then they will play CL next season. Last year they ended the season terrific. In fact this season they never played like that...that was really good football too.

apparently some chants of support from Ajax yesterday for Suarez, the same in Montevideo in Nacional match:

999x.jpg

Alzz9hBCEAEHI9Z.jpg

Alz1-5ZCEAAABJo.jpg

Su%C3%A1rez-bandera2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom