Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread(I've Had Enough!!)

There is something beautiful and unprecedented about 'hardcore' Liverpool fans like Pipa - like the posters on the website RAWK. The logic is astounding:

1. Evra made the whole thing up.
2. Suarez said Negrito, which is a loving term of endearment.
3. Okay, Suarez said Negro, but Evra insulted his sister (he doesn't have a sister)
4. Okay, Suarez said Negro, but he only got banned because of Ferguson. And Evra lied about the number of times, so really Suarez is fine.
5. Actually, we're all linguistic experts, and the actual linguistic experts the panel hired are corrupt and ignorant.
6. Come to think of it, that independent judge found against LFC. He's corrupt and ignorant too. We have a better understanding of the law.
7. Love Kenny giving it to everyone. He's like us. He supports Suarez cause he did nothing wrong.
8. It isn't that Suarez didn't shake Evra's hand. What actually happens is if you look at this one still image from one camera angle, you can clearly see Evra's hand is like half an inch lower, it was Evra who didn't shake hands!
9. Okay so Suarez admitted to not shaking his hand, but we still know it was Evra's fault.
10. Okay so King Kenny admitted Suarez acted like a prick, but we still know Suarez is innocent, and really why should he shake his hand anyway?
11. Rafa would have handled this better.

It blows my mind. It's like they exist in some strange alternate reality. I wish I lived there. The real world sucks.

I´m not hardcore fan, i only want the truth as everyone and i think Suarez is not a racist..

he got his ban, he wasn´t playing 8 matches, the thing if he want or doesn´t want to shake hands with Evra is not anyone´s buisiness.

Those statements that Suarez broke promiss are very suspicious though, why would he promiss such thing? Not knowing if Evra will even want to shake the hand himself?

I think as i said before, that the statements were made becouse of pressure from the owners to just let this thing finally end.

I realy doubt Suarez would just appologise for not shaking hands if he don´t want to.. I mean, there was many other players in past not wanting to shake hands and they were not questioned, nobody grab their hands.... and pointed out to cameras as Evra did...

no other manager but Ferguson say that he should not play for our club just becouse not shaking hands.... i think that´s just silly

EDIT: Liverpool supporters support Suarez becouse 1. there was no evidence, then 2. if the player admited he called him negro or negrito (not sure what) they supported him becouse they know he didn´t meant to say it to hurt him in same way as Terry statement wich was if i remember well much worse towards A. Ferdinand. In his own country this term is not consider harmfull saying to dark skin person apparently wich many other Uruguay players and people confirmed, yet FA didn´t look on this of course... He then get ban for 8 games, that´s OK, but the fans and the club statement basicly defended the player, they support him so now all are racist or KKK members... they won´t support him and appologise, now everyone thinks he will be sold... What should we do then?

how would United and their fans act if something like that happend to their own players? How did your manager acted to much violent acts of your own players in past? Not shaking Evra hand means the player should never play for the club again? realy...? Kicking a fan by Cantona was worthy United? Did Liverpool manager or any other comment Scholes, Giggs or who ever didn´t want to shake Viera hands in past??

This is two way at looking on things - one is from United angle, everything is ok if this happens to United, and let´s crucify Liverpool players if they do the same or even less harmfull things and Liverpool way wich we demonstrated great today, that is agree with everything and just first support our player and now saying he did wrong... i wouldnt be surprised if Suarez was gone in Summer myself, but after that possible transfer, media will find other stuff to discredit our manager or players... you can be sure of that...

Last edited:

If a United player would found guilty by an independent panel of racially abusing another player (or anyone else) I would hope we sold them.

For those with short memories, United banned Cantona with immediate effect following his kick. Before the FA (and they obviously accepted their judgement when it came out).

There is no mass conspiracy against Liverpool FC. If Suarez and the club had come out in October and said: Suarez did use a term that we've since told him is offensive here, but he didn't mean it and he apologises for any offense - the matter would have ended right then and there as it should have. Evra would have been forced to accept the apology by United and we wouldn't even be having these discussions. Maybe we could have enjoyed the football between two of the best clubs in England in the two subsequent matches.

I'm sorry, obviously I'm biased in this as a United fan but I'm also living in North America and used to the way sports are over here, and the way LFC handled this was the definition of a clusterf*ck. It's not about United. It's not about Ferguson. It's about Suarez, Daglish and LFC, and they fucked up, plain and simple.

The fact is that BECAUSE of how Suarez and the club acted, there is now a lot of bad blood in the public and in the press. It is not because of WHO they are, it is because of what they did.

Pipa you're blinded by your love to LFC, but it was the right thing to do after all that, doesn't mean we agree on the punishment, but at the end, Suarez was guilty for saying that word and should be willing to MOVE ON, and hand shake should finish the matter. Even Suarez agreed that he should've given his handshake and apologized.

LFC is much more than these petty attitude Suarez's making so gladly the club has take a stance on this. Be brave, take it to the chin and move on. And the media can talk all they want but LFC is very much behind Suarez and won't back off him now.

I think those hardcore fans just can`t get a grip that their player "AGREED" to shake hands as a gesture of moving on! ,but Suarez pulled out not giving birth and consummation didn`t happen.

Evra maybe reluctant to put his hand up...but! he has nothing to prove anymore . Fergie,Evra ,Kenny and Suarez knew cameras would be watching . I really believe Suarez had a hot flash and did what he did at the last minute.

Nasri dislikes Gallas and made everyone know, If he doesn`t like you he wont shake your hand. There was no problem w/ the snub even though Gallas put his hand up . Imagine if Nasri shook hands the media would of made a bit of headlines .The point here is the fact everyone knew and made agreement to make it about football and not this situation abt Evra n Suarez.

In the end Liverpool tried to stick by their player ,but they could no longer and had to move above this situation for the good and future of the club. Some will feel hard done by the handshake ,but that was a small part. It`s about a player who feels he got the wrong end of the stick and can`t move on and now he`s like a ticking time bomb unless he can take a long look at himself and accept what had happen ,play football and win the respect of fans again.

ok let me say one last thing, the things you read on LFC official page today, those 3 statements - this could but didn´t have to be statements that were planed..

this looks to me only as owners pushed on player, manager to seal everything, becouse of not wanting to drag this even further obviously, to save the image of the "brand"

I mean i don´t think Suarez should appologise, i don´t think Kenny has to appologise...One thing i expected from the club is to stick behind the player - becouse of the Ferguson comment and reply on it in proper manner.

We are affraid to do so, Rafa would never leave this comment be..

Call me blinded but again to sum things up.

Suarez might have told the club that he will shake hands, he decieded not to or chainged his mind, - this obviously becouse he was accused of racism by FA, not the court btw... the FA. He got a big ban for 8 games (see how much Terry got for even worse raccist remarks in ENGLISH language) and obviously he will be called racist by all the oposite fans untill he playes in england... in his situation i would first of all never promised i shake the hand of that player, second of all actually didn´t want to shake it..

The club want´s to make itself look good and especialy non racist so first they back the player as being himself from a family with mixed race (i hate this word) and now that he refuses the handshake, they say ok, he did stupid thing not to shake hands...

but imho shaking hands is not a RULE that should be done. FA didn´t allowed hands shaking between Chelsea and QPR as far as i know just for the previous racist remarks of Terry and rightly so, to prevent something maybe... Why they didn´t do the same here?

Why i´m dissapointed by the club and the owners is that they obviously told those who appologised to do so to sort out things immediately and not questioned other unnecessary and silly quotes targeting the player just becouse of that..

Kenny didn´t had to appologise, neither did Suarez had to appologise... he didn´t do nothing wrong not wanting to shake hands with Evra if he don´t want to. Him saying he wanted or promsised might be true, but i don´t belive it.. it´s just our image has been so damadged so much, you might think there is no way out of this.

I´m very disspapointed just becouse again we gave up and accept every statement against the player for his behaviour, i ask why the club don´t respond on the statement that our bigest rival coach say´s our most talented player should not play for our club only for refusing to shake hands with player who was in a racist row with him, especially it´s silly becouse Suarez had his 8 games ban... he didn´t shake his hand - why should he if he don´t like it or if he feels not guilty for being racist what so ever...

it´s all ridicilous... but think what you want, i won´t comment this anymore..

I only hope we respond with winning our next matches, there is no better way to move on for the club than that..

but i know the media will find out ways to keep suarez and our club in bad light for the rest of the season...

Sorry, I don't have time to read the whole thread (or even last pages) but I agree with Ferguson about Suarez, it is a big shame for LFC to got such a 'player'.
I SAY MORE! It a SHAME of whole football because of players like this (I still remember his 'handball' playing in WC when Ghana should go to the next round and because of him they didn't...)

but imho shaking hands is not a RULE that should be done. FA didn´t allowed hands shaking between Chelsea and QPR as far as i know just for the previous racist remarks of Terry and rightly so, to prevent something maybe... Why they didn´t do the same here?

Of course it is not but being a part of such big club IS A RULE TO BEHAVE a 'lil bit more properly. ;)

Last edited:

Sorry, I don't have time to read the whole thread (or even last pages) but I agree with Ferguson about Suarez, it is a big shame for LFC to got such a 'player'.
I SAY MORE! It a SHAME of whole football because of players like this (I still remember his 'handball' playing in WC when Ghana should go to the next round and because of him they didn't...)

Errr yes he had a handball, he got red-carded according to the rules. It's not unfair or anything. He played by the rule, knew he would be red carded and took the chance, and it's Ghana's fault not scoring the penalty. He did what he could to get his team the win. Nothing unfair about that, would you let the ball past by you if you knew you could've used your hand to give your keeper the chance to stop it and it's the last minute of the game?

Last edited:

Yeah, Suarez has done plenty to deserve his reputation. Single handedly (ha!) getting his team to the WC semi-finals is not a bad thing. I'd hope any player would do the same.

(though a real man wouldn't have celebrated the way he did, but he IS Luis Suarez)

So now Liverpool fans want to blame the Liverpool owners
for "forcing" Dalglish, Suarez and Ian Ayre to make statements...

When the statement made by the Club clearly blames Suarez
for misleading and letting down one of the greatest legends
of Liverpool FC....Kenny Dalglish....the man who is hugely respected
by Liverpool fans......let down by a player who has been here for
1 year..and is worshipped by fans as if he can do no wrong...

The same Kenny Dalglish who has supported Suarez like he was
his own son.........

read the statement..."Suarez misled LFC and Dalglish"

Now the fans know...that this guy Suarez does not care for Dalglish or Liverpool FC......that is why he has behaved like this...

I hope he learns his lesson....and changes his ways.....he owes LFC big time for the
support they have given us......he owes us big time.....
he has not scored many goals....but has given us enough controversy and bad publicity...

I wonder where all these fans will be when Suarez pushes off to La Liga
or Serie A for champions league football.....
they'll probably turn on him like they did with Torres or Owen..

At least Torres/Owen never made us look so bad.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-owners-step-in-to-try-and-restore-order.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-cult-of-manager-at-Anfield-is-redressed.html

Last edited:

Yeah, Suarez has done plenty to deserve his reputation. Single handedly (ha!) getting his team to the WC semi-finals is not a bad thing. I'd hope any player would do the same.

(though a real man wouldn't have celebrated the way he did, but he IS Luis Suarez)

messi score with heand and celebrate and nothing happen ? suarez touch the ball get out and was all CLEAR ,

oh still persons here talking about this , im waiting soon one movie in hollywood about suarez and evra

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'll come back to read in here in about a month. Now this has been going on for 2 already but please (pretty pretty please) can every please STFU by March 13th about the same bastard things? It's been done to death FFS!!!

remindes me of Evra celebrations... it´s called passion, at the time of penalty i thought Uruguay are out, what is the chances the player´s hand basicly saved the match, becouse the penalty was not good enough for Ghana.. a very slim chance, i would also celebrate as crazy in his place.. becouse the chances a hand like that could actually save the team are very very thin...

Nevermind, Suarez is like our little Maradona, he is pure class and talent...anyone can see it, he is a natural.

He is probably the most passionate player we have atm... and i think he will continue being as he is right now... but he is everything but racist.. he might be a diver, or argue... but he does this with passion to win the match.. he is a winner.. hopefully he will not want to leave.. i doubt the club has any intention to sell him..

He had his ban and i insist neither of the three statements had to exist if there was no push from the owners.. Bridge didn´t had to appologise to Terry for not shaking his hands and he wasn´t even baned, we all know what happend... in past not all player shake hands, but only Evra makes theatre of it.. Player is a human, he doesn´t need to tell or assure anyone to shake hands for other thing than saving the image of the club, but even that was made not becouse he wanted, but becouse he was told to do so..

i´m stubborn myself, i can imagine Suarez being stubborn himself, what´s bad on that?

It´s those other things and comments everyone ignores surprisingly or everyone is so blind not to see... i don´t know, hope Ferguson retires after his last season, and won´t be hired to a tv show to comentate matches...becouse he would know what players should other clubs except United get rid of... i bet only the best, most talented and most passionate.. ;) Better sell them to United.

Common guys - LFC fans out here who read this...there is a video evidence that Evra himself has no problem with the N word, he said it himself in a video at the time he was playing for Monaco to (i think) a national tv station in a clip - kind of like the road to CL final or something...

Hearing Negrito not even the more common N word is not even the same as he used...Many latin people or Uruguay people will tell you that this is not meant with anger or hate, it´s less offensive if offensive at all in their area...

Now we have Suarez who completlly owned United defence in his first match against them and owned Evra in the match when the words have been said, OF COURSE Evra will report this as being offended, becouse he was owned and could not bare it.. Suarez had problem becouse he didn´t realise that this might actually happend...

There would be no problem if the players discousse this in privacy, and also there would be no problem for me to admit yeah, Suarez is a racist only if the said something mr. Terry said to Anton Ferdinand, wich was clearly much more offensive and in ENGLISH.

Suarez is not a racist, he is stubborn that´s a fact, he is talented and most gifted player we had for years imho.. Hope he will get through this..

But to discous or for the club even wanting HIM to shake evra´s hand is discousting and only an attempt to save the image of the club and basicly admit ok, SORRY FOR BEING RACIST, but that´s not the case... If anyone of you would be in Suarez place, you would never shake hands with a man who basicly destroyed your reputation and imho not beeing offended at all.. Yes i think Evra couldn´t be offended by the word, using the english N word in past himself... That´s not true, he was offended by nothing less than Suarez skills, as every other rival club is...mostly Evra´s own club...

We buy a world class talent and everyone shit their pants now...trying to separate us...

Most embarassing are the yesterday´s statements, none wich is realy needed for other than saving the "brand" image...

that´s what i think..

sources for the video where evra say the N word himself: YouTube - Patrice Evra and his high pitched voice
source for Suarez owning Evra and Evra´s diving and frustration led to the accusation: YouTube - Patrice Evra simule face à Luis Suarez
source Evra is a prick imho, at least i wouldn´t belive a word he is saying: YouTube - Evra makes fun of Sir Alex Ferguson lol
source Suarez is fucking world class and nobody can stand we have him: YouTube - Luis Suarez Fantastic Goal Vs Stoke 26 10 11 (HD)

stick with the player, sing his name even louder and hope we buy two more like that in summer.

i won´t even comment Fergusons statement that he should never play for us again...seems as our club is ok with that... I don´t think we should again discouss this matter, but i also don´t think Ferguson is obligated to discous what employees we should get rid of... it´s ridicilous what the man is getting with through the years...

I know Luis is crazy on field, a monster...but all i can see that he is a good person is his family life, he has nice family without any scandals, in other hand many SAINT players on field were proven assholes in reality... that´s what matters most to me, Suarez is a player everyone would like to see elsewhere than in Liverpool, either out of the premier league or in their own club...

we can´t let this happend.

Next up, we must take down David Silva, this one could be trickier!

Edit: Apologies for replying actually, I know the clubs want to move on and so do plenty of the supporters, myself included.

Last edited:

City is not the club you are affraid of or should be..not now at least.. but any succes from our side is not very pleasing for you, as well as any succes of you is not pleasing for us.. it´s true so why to hide it or just making statements that the clubs are friends... we are friends, of course this used to be a sport back then, now it´s a buisiness and we (no matter the table or succes now) are the bigest clubs in england and most bigest rivals..so i think you get what i mean..

I'm appalled by Sky Sports hypocrisy. They were going on and on about his thing being put behind once and for all. Yet you turn on Sky Sports News and this bloody handshake nonsense is all over the news!

I just cannot endure another minute of this bullshit! Can't wait for Champions League footie to start again tomorrow, so those pricks will have something else to talk about.

i realy want to move on from this myself, but if the media keep draging this for long i honestly think of stop worrying and move on...

What media done to this club is incredible.. they have the ultimate power to destroy everything if the people belive them..

and if this club owners sell Suarez just becouse of the image media made of him and becouse of being worried this might scare off sponsor, i´m done with football..

this is not football anymore, it´s buisiness, hate between fans becouse of media and non fair play.. i´m sick of it..

Pipa , evra using the N word means nothing...like shooting a gun at cans vs a person. Your long posting is somewhat intertaining but at the same time your in danger of exposing yourself all because your bother well bitter.

bebo, i´m not defending suarez for the racist remarks if the case was deal with more investigation and by looking at the fact the player didn´t meant to harm Evra the same way as Terry harmed Ferdinand, i am much much more worried why other players were not punished the same way in past, for imho much more worse things they done or said..

its wrong if a player says Negrito but right if thousands fans sing Hillsborough or Munich? the whole FA need to see in to this things more than just set example on foreign player with ban him for 8 games and let english player get away with same or i dare to say much worse remark.

I don´t defend racism, i hate even the word race, in fact i think in modern sociology it´s not used anymore to describe the differences betwen humans, only animals as far as i know.. but there are certain double standards that people can´t deny..

LFC did wrong by not responding to the media or other comments and also did wrong by yesterday statements... those would have been OK if there was not previous Suarez is not racist campaing, shirts and statements...

Im confused becouse it seems to me the owners don´t realise Kenny actually is LFC, those fans who say otherwise might think i´m crazy saing it, but no other person can be more representing a club as him...

If the owners get rid of Kenny or Suarez just becouse to keep the image of the club "untouched" becouse of the sponsors, or becouse of the media pressure.. that would be the day i quit supporting the club.

PIPA....I understand your frustrations now a bit better...

But we have to remember that at the end of the day
John Henry and FSG own Liverpool....
They came and rescued Liverpool from the previous terrible owners...

FSG has a good record with other sporting clubs (Boston Red Sox)..
so they are good owners...
who have given a lot of money to Dalglish/Commolli to spend...

But Liverpool also have a brand name....this is a global institution
and business....
Why do you think teams have sponsors and owners....do you think
it is because they are Liverpool fans ???
No....it is because they see Liverpool as a global brand that
is a great name...and want to make them successful again...

A successful Liverpool is what the fans want AND the owners and sponsors
also want..

And they need to protect their investment....it's their money....

So we cannot blame them....

I don't think Dalglish will be sacked for this.
I hope he has learnt his lesson about supporting a player
who was misleading him in this issue...

For Luis Suarez I think this is his last chance with Liverpool...
if he keeps quiet and gets on with his game...he can become
a superb player...

Otherwise if he keeps doing this...then he deserves to move elsewhere..
Maybe in La Liga he will not have such media attention...

Good response pipa.

Makes ya wonder why Ajax gave him a celebration send off with such high honors. Lol Who would of predict such unwanted attention coming from Suarez . I remeber dudu was enemy # 1 for awhile he just couldn't get a break (dont say it ) SPL FA wanted blood even ban him they couldnt make it stick even though. Things went bad before they got better.

of course ajax fans loved him... how many non united fans loved Cantona or Keane ??? :) not many i imagine...

and mathewsss, of course i realise what are owners here for, but at the same time this club has his values and Dalglish came here to restore things...this season still can end as big success..

also the money, in fact they GAVE us the money we spend so far, considering we spended what we earned mostly by selling... But technically they allowed us to spend that´s true. Nevertheless i was hoping for the whole club to back player and manager especially becouse the statements are very suspicious for me, why? becouse of the time...all 3 at the same time, 2. becouse they are looking like forced...

obviously owners want their club to look as good as possible, but not at all price, especially it´s not right not to respond to comments of people who have no right to say what they did + i´m worryed the owners will be leading the club by what they read in tabloids... and who thinks tabloids are LFC friendly is crazy.

Pipa, it's the media. Everyone has to play a part in it. You don't know what's been said or going on in-house. Maybe the team, Kenny and Suarez are all fine with it (the non handshake) and couldn't care less about the public apologies they gave and just want to focus on the next game. If this gets the media off their back a bit (both for Liverpool and for Suarez) then the apologies will have had their effect, regardless of how much they actually mean for the people involved.

Ferguson also needs to stop talking about other clubs
and who they need to keep or sell.....
and stop talking about other players diving/cheating...when he has
someone like Rooney at his club...

For Liverpool...

I just hope we see a good end to this season...

Win the Carling Cup

Finish in the top-4

That would be a fantastic season after all that has happened.

Derek McGovern - You can't say that about Mr Alex Ferguson!

It's an interesting code of ethics Mr. Ferguson lives by when it comes to footballers.

Kung-fu kick a fan? That's fine. Sleep with your brother's wife? No problem. Bed an OAP prostitute? Splendid. Admit to deliberately trying to break an opponent's leg? Boys will be boys. Refuse to shake hands with an opponent? Ban for life.

Everyone will have a view on Luis Suarez's conduct on Saturday but far more unpalatable was the fact that Mr Alex Ferguson was allowed to poke his purple nose into another club's business without censure.

Bookies Boylesports are betting on whether the outdated Premier League pre-match handshake tradition will be scrapped by next season and at 12-1 I'd say that's a very good bet.

More interesting, though, is the betting, next time the two North West giants meet, on whether Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish will shake hands with his Scottish nemesis.

Dalglish will be fuming that he's been forced into a humiliating climbdown by a PR drive at Anfield while Mr Alex Ferguson has been allowed to escape scot-free for his incendiary comments.

Mr Alex Ferguson should tread warily on the race row. Last time he got involved in a race row, Rock Of Gibraltar cost him a fortune.

BetVictor offer 16-1 for the two Scots not to shake when United next face Liverpool. Not a good bet -Dalglish will shake with rage.

Suarez's dignified response to scoring and his equally dignified response to Patrice Evra's dangerously provocative gloating should have spared him the vitriol heaped on him because of a) his decision not to shake the Frenchman's hand, and b) his decision to be Uruguayan.

Wayne Bridge was a hero when he snubbed John Terry's handshake; Samir Nasri drew no criticism for a similar snub to William Gallas. But Suarez has been deemed the villain in a media pantomime so even if he'd sponsored a Mother Teresa fun run around the Old Trafford pitch on Saturday you suspect he'd have been castigated for cruelty to pensioners. Wayne Rooney would merely have asked for her number.

Hills go 5-1 for Dalglish and Suarez both to have left Liverpool by the first game of next season.

The Uruguayan is 11-5 with Boylesports to be sent off this season and it's 3-1 for another player to refuse to shake hands with him before a game.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/betting-hots-up-on-luis-suarez-683551

sumps up everything i was trying to say for past two days...

The reason not many media pundits are running
after Ferguson/Evra for the comments/celebration..

was simply because of this.....Suarez refusal to shake Evra's hand
when he said he would do so.

The entire world was watching...and Suarez does a stupid provoking
thing like that.....

which has given ammunition to both Ferguson and Evra
to say and behave the way they did...

hence you do not see too much criticism for Ferguson/Evra.

I really hope that Man City or Spurs win the league...
because United through Ferguson's comments and Rooney's card-waving/tweets have
tried to paint other players in a bad way...tried to get opponents sent off..
For me...ferguson's mind games and comments are the reason I dislike him...

I still salute Liverpool for their apologies...
even if it was ordered by Henry/FSG/Standard-Chartered....
it still takes some guts to come out to say I am sorry.

Now Liverpool will win the Carling Cup (hopefully)
and hopefully finish 4th....if we can beat Arsenal, Chelsea
..and with Suarez and Bellamy up front ....why not ?

I am looking forward to the next few months...

Last edited:

good to see liverpool finally realise they are wrong, but they are not allowed to move on yet, they need to apologise for the innitial racist comments to evra, then support evra by printing a picture of evra on a t-shirt and wearing it before a game to show support to evra.

Back
Top Bottom