Let's FIFA 11/12/13: Making the perfect football game.

Surely a lot of stadia have AutoCAD computer blue prints already. I don't know why these can't be processed, just for the pitch and stands rather than the inner workings.

Mentioned it in the other thread. Not sure if it has been mentioned before in here? (more relevant in this thread). But a huge part of the game for me are the highlights. This gives such a great feel of authenticity to the game.

In Fifa they have got this seriously wrong. Main highlights missed, missing out goals. highlights of things that are not highlights! very few highlights in general.

In Pes they have this nearly spot on. Literally all highlights of the game are shown. Very rarely did I play a match and there wasn't a highlight I was expecting to see. Great angles shown of the highlights aswell. Also having the ability to save your highlights aswell is a great feature.

I would love to have a feature that they used to have in sensible soccer, where you pressed the spacebar to mark a place you wanted to highlight. they could do that on Fifa (with another button and not space bar :PP).

Also they should show longer highlights/replays, or let you have the ability to choose how long you would like replays of goal chances during the game and highlights after the game.

Very frustrating when you have scored a goal in Fifa and they show the replay of the player just as he shoots the ball into the net! none of the build up.

All in all, Fifa just needs to sort it out, as this is definately an area that they are lacking in and obviously neglecting and not spending much time on.

I don't know what most people think? maybe I am in a minority in regards to the highlights? but it is important to me :))

Surely a lot of stadia have AutoCAD computer blue prints already. I don't know why these can't be processed, just for the pitch and stands rather than the inner workings.

It's not that easy to convert things or access that kind of information. Accessing the blueprints may be impossible due to legal burocracy (the architect may not give permission and a thousand things like that). I tell you, I work in advertising and when I have to do some Skoda work, I have to model de cars from scratch, even if they have the bloody blueprints and they have build the bloody car from a 3d model! You wouldn't believe how absurd are managerial processes in development.

I firmly believe it can take a full month to develop one stadium. Even if you had the blueprints, you have to translate it to geometry that your render engine understands and is able to render without framerate issues (remember some stadiums that froze the game in 09). Then you have different lightning settings and they have to do separate light maps for each one and test them all.

Development of the proper 3d stadium may take some time with the work being accepted / modified in some iteration processes.

Most people always consider developing is only going to the app and model the stadium. It's not at all. Managerial processes are the biggest part in any development and I see how a LICENSED stadium may take a lot of work (from getting the license, to photograph, model, implement into the game, test and final validation by everyone involved).

When users do Patches, they don't have to do 75% of the process and one people alone can do a great stadium in some days /weeks, but that's because you don't have to go through all the processes that we would call stupid bruocracy but unfortunately are unavoidable in big companies like that.

That said, if they outsourced this to another company it's quite obvious they could produce more stadiums per year, and if they were to chrage for them, earn more money. But if they are not doing it, they will have their reasons.

Weren't kits outsourced to some extent? And look what happened with some of those...

As someone who works for a corporation, I can understand why there'd be red tape behind everything. Some of the holdups you get are bloody disgusting.

Personally I think companies should be limited to 5 people.

Very frustrating when you have scored a goal in Fifa and they show the replay of the player just as he shoots the ball into the net! none of the build up.
I swear in one of the older games it had Andy Gray drawing arrows and stuff on the replays.

I swear in one of the older games it had Andy Gray drawing arrows and stuff on the replays.

That could definitely be done! Well, the arrow drawing, maybe freeze-framing to point out defenders out of position or show the run the player is about to make. Combining it all with commentary would be tricky though, as Andy Gray would need to have a lot of different lines for the same thing. Plus, as soon as he says the wrong thing (as has happened a lot this year), the illusion is shattered.

There was an old NFL game that had that too, arrows and comments. Personally I would probably just skip it though. I think proper highlights with camera angels that is used in real life would be enough.

Maybe on the replay side we can also choose which to save by hitting select or something after the incident and this would save the last 10 seconds? This was available on the old Amiga so surely there's a way of doing it now, I'm sick of watching replays of back passes and shots that hit the corner-flags...
While atrocious penalty hacks that are not given and shots off the bar go missing?...

Maybe on the replay side we can also choose which to save by hitting select or something after the incident and this would save the last 10 seconds? This was available on the old Amiga so surely there's a way of doing it now, I'm sick of watching replays of back passes and shots that hit the corner-flags...
While atrocious penalty hacks that are not given and shots off the bar go missing?...

Thats what I said earlier :DD

What I'd like to see is, considering that EA have said that they were making HDD replay saves a priority, something that lets you save MOTD style highlights. At the moment, on PS3 at least, the whole game is being written to HDD and then dumped at the end. Why doesn't the game mark out key incidents, including the build-up play in the process, like we all want for the highlights.. but, instead of being the standard PES-style funny camera angles + music, why not have commentary, dynamically chosen camera angles etc? Touchline cameras for throw-ins and goal celebrations, close-ups on the corner takers, slo-mo replays of goal-line clearances etc etc.

You could choose how long you want the highlights to be, comparing HDD space required vs free so you can choose between intervals of a minute or so, up to 10 (for those who play 20 minute halves).

I can't see this taking up a lot of space, since it's a question of saving what is already being stored in temporary disk space. We don't need it converted to video unless we choose to upload specific moments from it...

Might have been mentioned before, but I think that when you are locked to the ball you should be able to hold down jockey button to move "freely" while always watching the ball. Freely as in a couple of meters in any direction maybe. This way you can position yourself to set up headers, volleys and so on. But this shouldn't only be on crosses, but any time you are locked to receive the ball.

I would like it myself to not having to press down any button for this, but I don't think other people would like this. By watching the official forums it seems that people don't understand that they can move away or forward a pass when receiving it. So if they had control to move to the sides too they would probably never be able to pick up a pass.

Problem with using LT/L2 is that you will go in to jockey mode. This doesn't matter much when you are just waiting for a ball, but you'd also want to be able to use this while running. You have to use Cancel to be able to do that and Cancel currently fucks up at bit when you use it because the player doesn't understand that there is a ball close to him.

What I'd like to see is, considering that EA have said that they were making HDD replay saves a priority, something that lets you save MOTD style highlights. At the moment, on PS3 at least, the whole game is being written to HDD and then dumped at the end. Why doesn't the game mark out key incidents, including the build-up play in the process, like we all want for the highlights.. but, instead of being the standard PES-style funny camera angles + music, why not have commentary, dynamically chosen camera angles etc? Touchline cameras for throw-ins and goal celebrations, close-ups on the corner takers, slo-mo replays of goal-line clearances etc etc.

You could choose how long you want the highlights to be, comparing HDD space required vs free so you can choose between intervals of a minute or so, up to 10 (for those who play 20 minute halves).

I can't see this taking up a lot of space, since it's a question of saving what is already being stored in temporary disk space. We don't need it converted to video unless we choose to upload specific moments from it...

I'd like to see EA copy the highlights system in NBA2K10 (although it's been in the NBA2K series for a few years now). At the end of the game you can select any player on either team and watch their own personal highlight reel of everything they did during the game.

Might have been mentioned before, but I think that when you are locked to the ball you should be able to hold down jockey button to move "freely" while always watching the ball. Freely as in a couple of meters in any direction maybe. This way you can position yourself to set up headers, volleys and so on. But this shouldn't only be on crosses, but any time you are locked to receive the ball.

I would like it myself to not having to press down any button for this, but I don't think other people would like this. By watching the official forums it seems that people don't understand that they can move away or forward a pass when receiving it. So if they had control to move to the sides too they would probably never be able to pick up a pass.

Problem with using LT/L2 is that you will go in to jockey mode. This doesn't matter much when you are just waiting for a ball, but you'd also want to be able to use this while running. You have to use Cancel to be able to do that and Cancel currently fucks up at bit when you use it because the player doesn't understand that there is a ball close to him.

One of the ideas that has been talked about over on the official forums is using R1 to shield / step off the ball without touching it, but that if you hold R1 and left then your player will move to the right of the ball and face left. That way you can angle round the ball to hit a cross, or step back to hit a volley, or if you are running with the ball at goal then you can hold R1 and forward to get a run up and then hit an aimed finesse shot accordingly.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...6428-idea-fifa11s-ball-carrier-system-rd.html

I'd like to see EA copy the highlights system in NBA2K10 (although it's been in the NBA2K series for a few years now). At the end of the game you can select any player on either team and watch their own personal highlight reel of everything they did during the game.

bloody hell, that sounds amazing!

One of the ideas that has been talked about over on the official forums is using R1 to shield / step off the ball without touching it, but that if you hold R1 and left then your player will move to the right of the ball and face left. That way you can angle round the ball to hit a cross, or step back to hit a volley, or if you are running with the ball at goal then you can hold R1 and forward to get a run up and then hit an aimed finesse shot accordingly.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...6428-idea-fifa11s-ball-carrier-system-rd.html

Do you think it'd be difficult for EA to implement some more of the PES-specific controls? I played the demo awhile ago and then fired it up again just for the hell of it and my head just about exploded from looking at all of the options you're given for moves and such.

The one that I loved the most was the one where you can actually (and I STILL don't know why EA don't have this) let a pass roll by you and run onto it. Sort of like what you're talking about here only a bit closer to a dummy. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about (on second though, it might be almost exactly what you're talking about).

Imagine Anelka or someone (he just came to mind for some reason when thinking of this move) standing in space w/ his back to the goal, but nobody coming up behind him and instead of trapping he simply lets the ball run and proceeds to follow it. Or perhaps standing parallel to the path of the ball but just staying with it as it rolls by.

That was of course only ONE of a million options that you're given that FIFA simply doesn't have.

FIFA 10 is a great game but there are so many things that could be improved to make FIFA 11 even more realistic and interesting than FIFA 10.

Manager Mode

You should have the option to customize shirts and stadiums
You should also be able to start your own team and send it to any league you wish before managing it. When creating your team the option of making your own shirts, stadium, logo and players should be available.
Certain matches should have a higher attendance of fans in the stadium than others. These would include derbies, national or european trophy quarter-finals, semi-finals and the finals, if a certain match is important because a team is fighting for the league title, to stay away from relegation and to qualify for the European league or UEFA Cup. Also if a certain team is successful the stadium should be fuller than a team that is not successful.
You should be offered jobs in mid season by other teams and if you are successful more jobs than normal and if your not successful less jobs than normal.
There should be 3rd Leagues in Germany, France, Italy and Spain and there should be a Russian and a Ukraine leaue.
If you are successful as a manager you should be given the option to coach the national side and decide who will play for the national team.
In the beginning of your managing career you should only be able to coach the B teams of certain teams and you should be offered jobs by only poor performing teams with a low star rating. This will make it more realistic and interesting.
If you play and win a match in the UEFA Cup or European League match your sponsor should give you a bonus (depending on the importance of the cerain match eg. quarter-finals and finals.)
If you have been relegated or you won a league the commentor should metion how (in)successful you are etc.

Be a Pro

There should be a option to play for a team as a goaly.
There should be the UEFA Cup, the European Cup and the national trophy competition.
You should get paid a wage with which you can uprgade things for example your shoes etc.
The Be a Pro career should be longer than 4 years and it should be hader to imporve your skills. Also your skills should deimprove if you are performing poorely.

Do you think it'd be difficult for EA to implement some more of the PES-specific controls? I played the demo awhile ago and then fired it up again just for the hell of it and my head just about exploded from looking at all of the options you're given for moves and such.

The one that I loved the most was the one where you can actually (and I STILL don't know why EA don't have this) let a pass roll by you and run onto it. Sort of like what you're talking about here only a bit closer to a dummy. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about (on second though, it might be almost exactly what you're talking about).

Imagine Anelka or someone (he just came to mind for some reason when thinking of this move) standing in space w/ his back to the goal, but nobody coming up behind him and instead of trapping he simply lets the ball run and proceeds to follow it. Or perhaps standing parallel to the path of the ball but just staying with it as it rolls by.

That was of course only ONE of a million options that you're given that FIFA simply doesn't have.

That's one I've mentioned to death to EA.

An alternative to the R1 shielding button (which I can't really see being used to dummy the ball, contrary to what the person suggesting it said) would be to upgrade the R1 ball dummy so that, rather than just saying "activate the dummy animation", it tells the player to let the ball run at all costs. This would be for aerial balls, bouncing balls, passes, loose balls rolling out for a throw etc etc. There are loads of animations for dodging the ball at the moment - ducking, dodging, stepping over etc etc, but the only one being user-controlled is this one:

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/10137245

If you could just hold R1 to not touch the ball then you could basically choose whether or not to chase the ball afterwards, or you could shepherd a loose ball out of play, or you could dodge a cross to let the next person receive it etc etc.

Even if EA don't do this, the PES style let-roll-and-run should probably be mapped to R2 and the direction the ball is moving at the very, very least. In order to do so though, EA have to make touching the ball in the direction the ball is moving more disadvantageous by making sure that touching the ball slows the play down, rather than maintaining the same speed.

That's in FIFA10 but it's random when it happens. I did it with Gerrard and he let the pass roll past him and then turned and shot. Good goal it was too.

That's in FIFA10 but it's random when it happens. I did it with Gerrard and he let the pass roll past him and then turned and shot. Good goal it was too.

So I guess by "random" the EA guys mean't, "hardly ever happens..." huh? :P

I remember when I sent a tweet to Rutter asking him if the goalies could get sent off in FIFA 10 and he replies: @samueldavis yep - goalies can get sent off in fifa 10...:). I wonder what happened there Ruttski.

Both were Y rushes from me, one was taking out their clean through forward outside the box, second was pressing Y way too late for a ball in I should have made the keeper come out for and because I'd made an error in judgement I made a further one by continuing to press Y to close down their forward who received the ball on the right hand edge of the box, he turned to shield the ball from my keeper who promptly slide tackled him from behind, penalty, straight red. First one was a 1 game ban, 2nd one was a 3 game ban.

niether have i, i've even got two penalties from getting taken down by the keeper twice. the first one resulted in the keeper getting a yellow card and the second he got nothing :(

also i've never seen the AI try and go round my keeper and get taken down for a penalty :(

Also the advantage rule when the keeper trips you needs to be fixed. Often the keeper only touches you, the stumble animations starts and when you are going to roll the ball into open goal he calls for penalty.

My keeper was sent off twice last season :)

I've actually had the ref call a pen for a friend I was playing against after the keeper slid right through him to collect the ball. Oddly, the ball was pushed too far ahead of his player and the take should've been simple, but he decided to take him out as well.

Beyond that I've only ever seen my opponent (when playing online) get a yellow for a takedown and only when it's outside the box. Even when I'd play against the idiots online who would hold Y and have the keeper follow you all around the pitch, their tackles would always be inch perfect.

I also wonder if they got rid of the situation where the keeper would rush forward to collect a ball bouncing towards him and when catching it his momentum would carry him outside the box, resulting in a freekick. I've never seen that in FIFA 10 either.

Back
Top Bottom