Killzone 2

Play.com then using a voucher to get £1.50 or something off. ;) You also get an exclusive theme when it's shipped too.

Uh oh. My PS3 has crashed when playing FIFA 09, PlayStation Home, Noby Noby Boy and now Street Fighter IV. I hope its not going to turn into a major problem with Killzone 2 just days away.

EDIT: Its all working now. I think the Street Fighter IV 1.01 update was corrupt. Just deleted and reinstalled it and its all working fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to be the bearer of *maybe bad* news but our PS3 kept crashing with multiple games, especially on the first couple of plays of each one then eventually froze up, rebooted it and it wouldn't read anything, not any type of disc. Sony will replace it though if it does happen.

Uh oh. My PS3 has crashed when playing FIFA 09, PlayStation Home, Noby Noby Boy and now Street Fighter IV. I hope its not going to turn into a major problem with Killzone 2 just days away.

EDIT: Its all working now. I think the Street Fighter IV 1.01 update was corrupt. Just deleted and reinstalled it and its all working fine now.

:(( That does not sound good...

Poo, I went with Shopto on this one because the last few Play.com orders I've placed have missed the release date by far.

Tropic Thunder took a week and a half after the release date to arrive, 'End War' took a full week to arrive, as if the release date had been pushed back a week or something and Red Alert 3 took 2 weeks to arrive despite already being on sale for a few months.

Yeah shopto have always delivered games a day early and in some cases two days early (PES 2009, FIFA 09, BFBC). I doubt this game will be any different.

message from shopto

Hi Guys,

We should receive the stock Tomorrow, if arrive later afternoon then we will work overnight and send them Wednesday!

Tomorrow we will start charge your cards so if any problems you guys will have time to resolve them with our support team or with your bank

Thank you guys for your orders

Switched to Shopto lol

"We have temporarily stopped taking pre orders due to high demand. If you have Pre-Ordered we will dispatch your copy as soon as we receive the product."

I had to order the tin case version

Good man, ShopTo are the best :))

Just so you know, I actually pre-ordered COD5 very late, on the Wednesday evening before it was released on Friday. I still got it Friday morning.

Hate to be the bearer of *maybe bad* news but our PS3 kept crashing with multiple games, especially on the first couple of plays of each one then eventually froze up, rebooted it and it wouldn't read anything, not any type of disc. Sony will replace it though if it does happen.

Fingers crossed then. Im sure it will be fine, but my optimism may be due to me having 13 injections of anaesthetic and bleach in my gums for my root canal! :)

Good man, ShopTo are the best :))

Just so you know, I actually pre-ordered COD5 very late, on the Wednesday evening before it was released on Friday. I still got it Friday morning.
I just wasn't comfortable with play.com's 3-5 delivery promise. The guy i spoke to at Shopto said i will get the game a day after dispatch.

So fingers crossed they get it early tomorrow

I ordered Far Cry 2 and Little Big Planet the day before Christams Eve from ShopTo.net and got it the next day. Fantastic service and brilliant prices.

hmmmm shopto's marketing team up in here....lol

Just joking, but they sound reliable.....wednesday or thursday cant wait

New Killzone 2 Site Live

The new Killzone 2 site has just gone live in preparation of the game’s release this week.

The server seems to have been swamped with visitors, as the site is having trouble loading.

You can find some of the new additions listed below;

Battle Replays::SHOCK: You will be able to watch games as they unfolded, watch the troop movements and see who killed who and how. We’ll expand on this as time goes by. Right now you should be able to view a couple of Battle Replays created by internal testing of the site. Battle Replays are saved and displayed if at least 2 people played and completed a round and will for now remain on the site for two weeks.

Clans: You will be able to create and administer your clans from the page so you don’t have to be on your PS3 to see who wants to be in your clan or what the latest is on any upcoming games.

Tournaments: You will be able to set up clans from the site, just like in-game, but will be able to see the results and how they played out on the tournament wheel too.

Challenges: This offers the same functionality as the in-game, but of course lets you set up your battles remotely.

STATS!: We all love stats! And if the stats recorded in-game are not enough for you, we show even more here! Including match performance, a weapons cloud to show what weapons are used most and preferred faction.

Leaderboards: Same as in-game! See where you are from work!

And much much more.

M503 Error:
Killzone Command Center Unavailable
Communications with the Command Center are down! Our technicians are working around the clock to re-establish contact. This may be the result of a Helghast attack, or the fact that the website has recently received a complete overhaul. We apologize for the inconvenience and will have the Killzone Command Center back online as soon as possible.

The credit crunch has reared it ugly head and I've cancelled my pre order, hopefully HMV will give me a good price for some games that I want to trade in.

Battle Replays::SHOCK: You will be able to watch games as they unfolded, watch the troop movements and see who killed who and how. We’ll expand on this as time goes by. Right now you should be able to view a couple of Battle Replays created by internal testing of the site. Battle Replays are saved and displayed if at least 2 people played and completed a round and will for now remain on the site for two weeks.

So are EVERYONE'S battle replays saved for them? As long as 2 or more people play? That can't be right can it? They can't seriously record every movement from every game and upload them FOR YOU.

Can they?

Or are they meaning individual savable replays like Halo3's where after a game with at least 2 humans in you can then choose to save the full replay and then at a later date upload the data?

Hopefully we can save to the HDD and then add our own cameras and such before uploading but maybe that's asking a bit too much.

So are EVERYONE'S battle replays saved for them? As long as 2 or more people play? That can't be right can it? They can't seriously record every movement from every game and upload them FOR YOU.

Can they?

Or are they meaning individual savable replays like Halo3's where after a game with at least 2 humans in you can then choose to save the full replay and then at a later date upload the data?

Hopefully we can save to the HDD and then add our own cameras and such before uploading but maybe that's asking a bit too much.
From what i understand so far, every single match is record...there might be an option to turn it on or off, that am not aware of.

look at this guy's profile, u can watch matches that he played, i think its just an overview tho

http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzone.psml?kz_user_id=Midpoint

Stats tracking>>

tempted to get this game now but tbh im not in a rush to do so as im still enjoying fifa 09 and fallout 3.

i also got oblivion and bf2 installed again so i may pick this up during the summer time and prepare to get my ass handed by you experts online lol.

my playing time is limited so even if i do get this game, i would barely have time to play it without sacrificing playing my fifa 09 league games and others.

Back
Top Bottom