Killzone 2

How hard would it have been (generally speaking) to put in an 'Alternate 3' control system with the same layout as COD4/5?

If anything, this is going to put me off KZ2 as I play alot of COD and it does my head in having to rethink the controls - like it used to keep me from playing FIFA AND PES, it was always one or the other mainly due to the controller layout...

Hmpf...

Its a shame.

Every game has its own control scheme, try to get use to it just like u did with COD.

Killzone has to give u a different experience away from COD4/5, if not why buy the game?, why dnt u just continue playing COD5?

Alternate 2 is perfect imho, stop thinking about COD...the moment u stop wishing it was COD, thats when u would start enjoyin the game.

I am happy they decided not to mess around with the controls, its funny how we didnt hear much talk about the controls during the beta. now we hearing all sorts....button lag etc

I have been playin the demo for hours, just the warehouse section

Poppin off heads for fun

They could at least offer fully customizable controls or those who would like them. What have they got to lose?

Missed it but that was good, nothing really new announced and a lot of the questions could have been answered by themselves if they had used their eyes.

Roll on the end of next week

They could at least offer fully customizable controls or those who would like them. What have they got to lose?
That would be a disaster, ppl would just create the most retard configuration that would ruin their experience of the game.

Which was the same problem they had with the first game, so they not falling for the same mistake again

That would be a disaster, ppl would just create the most retard configuration that would ruin their experience of the game.

Which was the same problem they had with the first game, so they not falling for the same mistake again
eh? so what if they create retarded control setups? its not going to affect my control setup!

does someone who uses the R2 as a pass button in fifa09 force you to use the same button too when playing againts him?

Last edited:
Yeah I don't follow that, if they make a weird control combo then it's their own game they're screwing up. And the main complaint about the controls is just to allow the triggers to be used for shooting, i have no idea how them allowing that can cause the failure of the title.

Yeah I don't follow that, if they make a weird control combo then it's their own game they're screwing up. And the main complaint about the controls is just to allow the triggers to be used for shooting, i have no idea how them allowing that can cause the failure of the title.
exactly:CONFUSE: bizare thing to say unless he means something else?

LOL I know, I'm with you on this jaygrim. It's as if people are scared of being outside their comfort zone rather than embracing the fact that it's a new game that happens to come with a new control scheme.

We all had to learn a control scheme once, right? Why is it so hard to adapt?

I'm ok with the controls from playing the demo but i don't see why they're forcing their layout onto everyone. What difference does it make to anyone what controls I personally want to use? All they have to do is offer people the option to pick any button layout they want and then they open themselves to more sales from people who are used to layouts from other games.

Seems stupid to go all out on the graphics and online options but then be backwardly restrictive on the controls. It's not as if the game has some sort of unique cool feature that can only work if you use the default control layouts.

I'm ok with the controls from playing the demo but i don't see why they're forcing their layout onto everyone. What difference does it make to anyone what controls I personally want to use? All they have to do is offer people the option to pick any button layout they want and then they open themselves to more sales from people who are used to layouts from other games.

Seems stupid to go all out on the graphics and online options but then be backwardly restrictive on the controls. It's not as if the game has some sort of unique cool feature that can only work if you use the default control layouts.

exactly. why cant all console games allow you to make your own control setup? pretty stupid if you ask me

TV Ad (I'm guessing USA only, the EU will get some arty shit where an old lady dances around a pile of sausages and then she explodes and the killzone 2 logo appears)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/19/helghast-in-hd-killzone-2-ads-hit-tv/

We’ll also have the digital version available on the PlayStation Network later today.

At the risk of stating the obvious – the Killzone 2 engine is phenomenally powerful. To offer you some insight into the technology behind this game, we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March. You’ll be able to control the camera and hear director commentary on how the production was completed using only the game’s technology. The project codename is “Killzone in 4-D” – hope you can check it out.

I saw the UK ad last night, it was just camera flying over a battlefield and Helghast troops getting ready for war basically, them all just getting set in cover and aiming their guns.

Exactly - If you go from COD to this all of the time. It is a pain in the Tits to have to remember the controls for both. This leads to alot of frustration when you press the wrong button and makes you enjoy the game less.

Its not hard to let you choose your own button layout and they should have had that option.

Exactly - If you go from COD to this all of the time. It is a pain in the Tits to have to remember the controls for both. This leads to alot of frustration when you press the wrong button and makes you enjoy the game less.

Its not hard to let you choose your own button layout and they should have had that option.

yup exactly. it can be confusing at times switching between games that are of the same genra.

How many pages have been about control setup?! LMAO.......

Still waiting for GAME to put it down to 29, saves me having to make an account with shopto.

Back
Top Bottom