Killzone 2

Re: Killzone 2 PS3

Well I have played through the demo twice, in one word: Uninspiring.

Highlights for me included the reload animations for the various weapons, seriously cool, especially with DOF dropping in and out. The rest didn't really pop out at me like I was hoping it would. Sounds was good too. I didn't like the general movement of your foes, it just wasn't quite right. The constant spawning of enemies is grating too, if you pop them off at long range before the game "wants" you to, it will spawn a replacement.

I didn't mess about with different configs, the only thing I did was invert the Y-axis. The controls were ok, they didn't feel as tight as other FPS games. Using R1 was weird initially to shoot, but I got used to that. I was expecting the movement to be really sluggish and it wasn't too bad in all honesty. Shooting felt solid and weighty, but not as satisfying as Gears. When you are laying into someone in Gears, you can really sense you are dealing serious damage. I didn't get that feeling in KZ2.

I didn't want to mention the dreaded "colour pallete" topic, I personally got sick of that with the Gears discussions. However, I dislike any game where the enemy blends in with the overall colour scheme of the game, it is really annoying. True, it is realistic to real combat, that doesn't necessarily make it fun for me though.

Killzone 2 is not a system seller imo, both LBP and Pacific Rift make me think "wow" way ahead of Killzone 2.

Last edited:

"trying to crouch and aim (L1 + L2) at the same time"

Is there an option for crouch toggle on/off instead of 'press to crouch' ?

When you are laying into someone in Gears, you can really sense you are dealing serious damage.
Yeah, yet 100 bullets later they're still standing...

I liked Gears from the word go but as time went on it drove me nuts, offline it was great with a friend, but I'd rather pull pubes off my nuts one by one than play Gears online. If I do decide to get KZ I will most likely cancel the preorder and trade Gears in instead, to get a few quid knocked off.

Any game where you have to put 100 bullets in someone before they go down is not fun, all the other guy has to do is duck and five seconds later he's got full health again and you need to put another 100 bullets in him. It's either that or be a sniper bitch/"Hammer of Doom" bitch, and I'll die before I'm that sad (unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for others).

"trying to crouch and aim (L1 + L2) at the same time"

Is there an option for crouch toggle on/off instead of 'press to crouch' ?
There's a toggle for zoom but no toggle for crouch - unless I've got that the wrong way around and there's a toggle for crouch but not for zoom.

Last edited:

Which guns do you use the zoom toggle for then? All the guns I have used on the demo only have one level of zoom.

Yeah, yet 100 bullets later they're still standing...

I am not disagreeing with that aspect, however that is purely an implementation issue. I was merely stating that when you are firing, the guns feel like they pack a real punch - something KZ2 lacks.

I don't know, they're using real world audio for the guns and with a DS3 you get the feedback rumble. To me the guns feel heavy and like they could blow someone's head off. The pistol seems a bit plastic maybe, though I've hardly used it. But i think the default machine gun feels like it can kick ass.

Incidentally I love it when the enemy are taking cover behind something and you shoot their helmet off. Not only because it pings off but you'll see them jump up and run away in a panic. The same when a grenade gets thrown at them, they'll all try to run off in different directions away from the bomb and each other.

Have you tried that gun that fires only one bullet a time? One of the Helghast soldiers drop it in the final area of the demo. Now that really packs a punch.

Thats the StA14 Rifle, 2 hit kill

I like holding L2 down to crouch, that was its easier for me to popup lunch a grenade and just go right back down.

Last edited:
YouTube - Killzone 2: (KZ2) Demo Glitches: Out of Map

I saw this video along with the following:

The above video has pretty much confirmed something that I think we all knew deep down -- Killzone 2 is a broken puddle of Nazi spunk that should never have been released. When you see the sheer volume of glitches (yes, with a plural) that are shown in this damning footage, you'll find it impossible to believe that Guerrilla's evil handiwork passed through QA.

Just look at how easy it is to accidentally trigger the game breaking glitches that saturate just the first five minutes of this shambolic disaster. The above video has shattered the game industry to its very core, and analyst Michael Pachter has already predicted that Sony will go into liquidation tomorrow thanks to the footage.

With Sony investing £2 million into Killzone 2's British marketing alone, this is possibly the worst thing to have ever happened. Many PS3 fans whose emotional wellbeing is tied to this game's success have already attempted suicide. Meanwhile, many Xbox 360 fans whose emotional wellbeing is tied to this game's failure have also attempted suicide, simply because they realize their life can't get any better after this stunning victory for the cold piece of electronic equipment they frequently masturbate into.
http://www.destructoid.com/omg-killzone-2-is-totally-broken-omg-actually--120812.phtml

Last edited:
Nice vids
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=33708

http://www.justin.tv/clip/10d51f65364
*shoots teammate in face*

"What the HELL?!?!?"

"SORRY I'm NEW!"

e88k76.jpg

i35l5x.gif

Check these vids out - amazing in HD

Multiplayer spoilers
New gameplay from the retail copy of Killzone 2, we show a section from the Campaign (No Spoilers) and two new multi-player maps Penrinth River and Visari’s Hammer. The videos available in stream and are also available to download in MP4 format.
http://ve3tro.com/1862/killzone-2-hd-gameplay-campaign-online/

Last edited:
I think the NeoGAF Killzone 2 official thread title sums up the current state of affairs perfectly:

'KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW'

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342018
Some of the things ppl say in that thread is crazy, how is a 5 frame input lag a problem? dude even made a vid and the jump lag lol retards

I know but he doesn't begin to do that until after I have already let go of the button.
:CONFUSE:

OOh i cant make headshots, something has to be wrong with game...lol

I havent played that many shooters this gen, yet it only took me 2 tries to get used to things and start kicking some helghast ass.

You get killed pretty quickly

hmm u are getting shelled from multiple directions genius

GIFS

nb9gep.gif

al0qyt.gif

5d2ufd.gif

1zcjtwy.gif

116kpaf.jpg

ab5fsi.gif

11ilohj.gif

lovely textures
10o4j9h.jpg

Levels and how many points you need to unlock the next one. Probably a spoiler so...

Private 0 points You start here
Corporal 30 points Can now create a squad
Sergeant 100 points Can now create a clan
Sergeant 1st Class 200 points Unlocks shotgun
Master Sergeant 350 points Unlocks Medic badge
Sergeant Major 550 points Unlocks submachine guns
Lieutenant 800 points Unlocks Engineer badge
Captain 1100 points Unlocks rocket launcher
Major 1450 points Unlocks Tactitian badge
Lieutenant Colonel 1850 points Unlocks Assault badge
Colonel 2300 points Unlocks Saboteur badge
General 2800 points Unlocks Scout badge

Tried demo briefly last night, seems good. Didn't like the controls at all and the having to click in and out of aiming so changed to alternate 2, more like COD then. Not used to the crouching thing yet at all, got killed a few times cause of that. The graphics are awesome though, I think if I play the Demo a bit more I'll end up getting this. I hardly play COD at all these days... fed up of it, so I'll need a good shooter.

Tried to download the bugger yesterday and after an hour of playing fifa I had 1% and about 30MB?!?! Will give it another go today, but for 30pound = 33e its a bargain :D

That's because it pauses your downloads when you play FIFA. FIFA is always online, so you can't download at the same time.

Watch a vid or something and leave it downloading.

Anyone know the cheapest place to pre-order this ? Have seen it at £29.99 at play but am hoping to get it cheaper than that.

With this selling for £30 new and SOCOM selling for £30 WITH THE OFFICIAL HEADSET, are Sony lowering their prices because of the credit crunch or what? Either way it's great.

Back
Top Bottom