FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

The "funny" thing is that when you launch FIFA22 during the trial period, it is actually the FIFA22_Trial.exe that is executing. That exe is of course different in size when compared with the FIFA22.exe.

The "funny" thing is that when you launch FIFA22 during the trial period, it is actually the FIFA22_Trial.exe that is executing. That exe is of course different in size when compared with the FIFA22.exe.
3 second difference in digital signature.

Really small update to the sliders here. I'm really liking this set, I just upped width from 15/15 to 18/18, as the CPU's extra acceleration advantage from the day before has made it a little too difficult to play at all through the middle. They seem that little bit too quick to come across and either block or tackle you. This has just opened things up a touch so you can have more attacking variety (from both CPU and User), and the extra bit of width again helps on those wings. There's still plenty of interceptions and it's still a tough midfield but this has made a nice difference and it really lets you have a well rounded match now in my opinion.

The fact width has increased slightly is a good indication of where the rest of the set stands I think.

From what I've seen (but not yet played), Hypermotion on Next-Gen really does seem to bring something in terms of overall player movement, positioning and tracking - and that overall team movement is not something I think is going to be able to come into this version, even with gameplay files modding - but outside of that, and looking at the last few years of FIFA, I really do think this is the best its played in a long time.

Semi controls
Auto clearances, etc off.
Pass Block Assistance off.

Sprint Speed: 4/6
Acceleration: 47/50
Shot Error: 70/70
Pass Error 70/70
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 45/45
Marking: 77/77
Run Frequency: 20/20
Line Height: 15/93
Line Length: 0/0
Line Width: 18/18
Fullback: 45/45
First Touch Error: 95/95

Last edited:
Has anyone ever tried using a vnp to play the game a few hours earlier as I've seen its released at 5pm UK time in some other countries ?

Just wanted to share my thoughts next gen vs pc version. I watched a lot of next gen videos, I also played my 10h trial on pc as I posted here, I saw both opinions it's almost the same, as well it's complete different beast saying pc is more like fifa 21 with patch (which I didn't play at all anyway). I decided to test that next gen version, went to a friend who has ps5, we played tens of games, I also played vs AI, to see it for myself and honestly.... I'm on the fence of those people who do not agree that PC version is more fifa 21 (please bear in mind I didn't play fifa 21). I actually strongly believe it's a lot closer to next gen fifa 22, they both are very similar, there are just those very subtle differences, like some sort of animations you will not get on PC, there's obviously that new camera added & different turfs, but again gameplay wise, it is very close same thing, so I'm not sure what those people are seeing, Having tried that myself I take them now as some delusional reviews with all due respect, even if somehow they see that big difference, I just can't see it, those are very exaggerated imho, physics are exact same in my opinion, how could that be different? same controls, same skills, same almost everything I experienced. If you guys have such opportunity to test both next gen vs pc (im not talking ps4/xbx one) then do yourself a favour and make your own opinion.

Just wanted to share my thoughts next gen vs pc version. I watched a lot of next gen videos, I also played my 10h trial on pc as I posted here, I saw both opinions it's almost the same, as well it's complete different beast saying pc is more like fifa 21 with patch (which I didn't play at all anyway). I decided to test that next gen version, went to a friend who has ps5, we played tens of games, I also played vs AI, to see it for myself and honestly.... I'm on the fence of those people who do not agree that PC version is more fifa 21 (please bear in mind I didn't play fifa 21). I actually strongly believe it's a lot closer to next gen fifa 22, they both are very similar, there are just those very subtle differences, like some sort of animations you will not get on PC, there's obviously that new camera added & different turfs, but again gameplay wise, it is very close same thing, so I'm not sure what those people are seeing, Having tried that myself I take them now as some delusional reviews with all due respect, even if somehow they see that big difference, I just can't see it, those are very exaggerated imho, physics are exact same in my opinion, how could that be different? same controls, same skills, same almost everything I experienced. If you guys have such opportunity to test both next gen vs pc (im not talking ps4/xbx one) then do yourself a favour and make your own opinion.

All i can see is next gen FIFA22 is the best thing since PES6...which we have heard it a few times already in the past 15 years, on top this could change any time.
So i dunno...i honestly was looking for a review like yours so thanks but i just cant get myself buying this. Too much risk if even its remotely good it can change at any point.

I'm honestly looking at FIFA 22 with interest now, thank you Konami. You did a wonderful job in pushing almost everyone very hard towards FIFA this time, credit given where credit's due.

Well, PES 21 to me was millions time better than FIFA 21. This year there's no PES anymore, however FIFA 22 should be a massive improvement over his predecessor to interest me in the least. Will probably stick with PES 21...

Just had a really good scrappy game (Leeds v Villa) with some promising stats. 51-49% possession, 11 fouls, 83% pass completion from CPU on Legendary.
guess thats down to the southern hemisphere settings...

in europe, i'll probably be getting something like: 83-17% possession, 1 foul(s), 110% pass completion from CPU ;)

na, i'm just kidding here, being in a good mood. cant wait for the work day to be done! did i mention i have a day off tmw, so a whole lot of weekend ahead?! :D

So the biggest missing feature on PC is the more realistic player movements aka Hypermotion? Watching PS5 gameplay with a broadcast camera it seems to look much more natural than what it looked like on FIFA21. I'd play the PS5 version but it's not modding friendly which means the likes of Fifer and a ton of facemakers, kitmakers etc. won't be available for it.

I guess there's always next year. PES21 this year it is...

I allow myself to come and give my opinion, and I apologize in advance for my English.

It is difficult to give an opinion because players will be looking for graphic improvements, others, the gameplay, others, the atmospheres of matches ... etc.
But from what I have seen compared to FIFA 21, the gameplay is much better. We feel a significant improvement in ball physics.
In FIFA 21, remember, the balloons were rockets that shot up into the sky and came back onto the ground :LMAO:

But on the other hand, I tested the PC version (Steam) and Stadia and I did not see any difference (concerning hypermotion, I could not see anything really different).
The only thing I have found is that the Stadia version is graphically horrible compared to the PC version and the input lag is felt. And I have a really good connection.

Finally, this year, unlike last year, I'm enjoying the game, joystick in hand.
You can really feel the difference in difficulty if you play against a stronger or weaker team or if you play cup matches.

Cheer :))

Is there any way to disable the tifo's during the match intros? Where on earth do you see that in real life? Looks ridiculous :LOL:

All i can see is next gen FIFA22 is the best thing since PES6...which we have heard it a few times already in the past 15 years, on top this could change any time.
So i dunno...i honestly was looking for a review like yours so thanks but i just cant get myself buying this. Too much risk if even its remotely good it can change at any point.
From what I've seen until now (I'll try if by myself on PS5 tomorrow), I think this might be accurate. The game looks pretty, pretty decent.

60 fps on cutscenes, replays alone is very nice to have compared to ps5 version, 30 fps ?

Turf.. maybe placebo but setting dx = 1 and anisotrophic filtering 16x makes it look better.
I wish makidan's frostbite on pes 21 could be transferred to fifa 22.

Stadia promo (premier Edition) is live in the US.

Edit:

"Hey everyone, please note that if you pre-ordered a title that launches between September 26, 2021 12:01 am PT and October 10, 2021 11:59pm PT, you are eligible for the Stadia Premiere Edition offer even if you placed the order before September 26, 2021."

Last edited:
Generally speaking, colours look washed out on PC. Nothing a Nvidia filter or reshade can't fix.

Yes, I am currently using reshade with it and it looks better. Turfs still look awful though, hopefully we can have a pitch mod soon enough.

Yes, I am currently using reshade with it and it looks better. Turfs still look awful though, hopefully we can have a pitch mod soon enough.
Mind givind a brief explanation of how you did it? I'd love for the game to look a bit better ahahaha

Holy ShXX it’s fun.

1633027331101.png

I just found an option to cancel foul advantage. How cool is that?! I did not know. It’s pressing L2 and R1.
And then there are so many other options just in the attacking advanced menu, it’s crazy.
I need to test that!
then there’s all the flair story stuff, I need to test that!
whipped crosses, high crosses, driven ground crosses, I need to test that!

is super cancel gone?! I used to press Sprint and L2 to do that.

edit: instant hard tackle!? 😳 I definitely have to test that! First!! 😂

can I bring all men up for a last minute set piece. Like the keeper as well! All into the penal box for a last chance?!
and is there anything similar to pressing the diggi cross in Konami‘s older titles to shift the whole team backwards and forwards? In FIFA there only seems to be the offside trap so they rush out like a few meters only. But I want to shift the whole team forward or into defense. Is that possible?

edit2: The difference in player models… I was playing second league, and now I’m playing Bayern versus Paris, and they all look so much better.

edit3: how cool is that? Keeper is able to collect a loose ball by foot but picks it up automatically by hand when the opponent rushes on. Awesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom