FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

Loving the game, the sliders and updates to them so far.

I have a question about the trial, I have been playing nearly every day and must be coming to the end of my 10 hours but can't see the timer anywhere.
When I have had EA Play trials in the past on PS$such as UFC etc there was a prominent timer displayed that counted down but I can't see it on the PC FIfa trial.
It definitely says EA Play trial in the top left hand corner but that's it

Loving the game, the sliders and updates to them so far.

I have a question about the trial, I have been playing nearly every day and must be coming to the end of my 10 hours but can't see the timer anywhere.
When I have had EA Play trials in the past on PS$such as UFC etc there was a prominent timer displayed that counted down but I can't see it on the PC FIfa trial.
It definitely says EA Play trial in the top left hand corner but that's it
Good to hear man. Are you on EA Play Pro maybe? That's what I got and it has no limit.

The night pitches on the PC version are so ugly, I refuse to play night games at the moment haha. The ps5 night pitch looks 100x better. Can't wait to mod the turfs!
have you tried the pitch color options in the match settings menu before starting a match?! i tried the super dark green once and it looked ok-ish.
on PS5 there is a serious problem with the 3D grass... i hope that gets fixed somehow. it just looks flat sometimes, like a plain texture, no 3D in sight...

have you tried the pitch color options in the match settings menu before starting a match?! i tried the super dark green once and it looked ok-ish.
on PS5 there is a serious problem with the 3D grass... i hope that gets fixed somehow. it just looks flat sometimes, like a plain texture, no 3D in sight...
I've tried them. They're awful - all of them haha. Day time is lighting/turf is improved from 21 (but a mod will still help), but night is terrible.

I’ve realized I will be okay without the kids this year.
Any service that picks kids up from home at around 6 PM and brings them back after, say, three or four hours?
I'd like to test it without the daughter around too, as she keeps trying to steal the controller from my hands, but couldn't find any service doing that.

@cb7 How are you finding shot speed at 51? I didn't realise I've been playing on 49/49 for the last couple by mistake.

I think it works pretty well at 51. Didn't see any weird things happening with shots so far. I might lower the shot error a bit for the CPU to try and sort their clumsiness at penalties though.

I think PC doesn't have Hypermotion indeed.
It's, basically, a PS4 version. You guessed right there.

By the way, I haven't seen/played the PS5 version yet for comparison, but a friend of mine who has tried both the PS5 one and the PS4 one said they're almost identical and that "you can't really see Hypermotion".
According to your post, though, the absence of Hypermotion can be easily spotted. I'm confused now.

Camera seems to work fine too.

Attachments

• fifa22 2021-09-29 16-55-05.png
    fifa22 2021-09-29 16-55-05.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 31
  • fifa22 2021-09-29 16-55-35.png
    fifa22 2021-09-29 16-55-35.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 31
  • fifa22 2021-09-29 16-55-48.png
    fifa22 2021-09-29 16-55-48.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 32
I think PC doesn't have Hypermotion indeed.
It's, basically, a PS4 version. You guessed right there.

By the way, I haven't seen/played the PS5 version yet for comparison, but a friend of mine who has tried both the PS5 one and the PS4 one said they're almost identical and that "you can't really see Hypermotion".
According to your post, though, the absence of Hypermotion can be easily spotted. I'm confused now.
dont be confused! people are sensible in diffrent ways!

all i can say is: see, i spotted it just by watching a short video! you can even feel it at the sticks! the difference for me is noticable, clearly (optical and haptical)!

you know where i come from and what my preferences are. i was always honest and gave my impressions with my hand on the bible! ;)
i dont need FIFA22 to be good or something... i can fall back (that term does not do justice to the game) to FIFA16 any time, and i'd be good.

that hypermotion thing and how it translates to the pitch (plus the graphics) are the most next gen features i encountered in a football game for a ling time.

Last edited:
is it just me... or does it look worse on PC, from a movement standpoint?! looks like no hypermotion is active... a bit like the PS4 version. i could be wrong here... hm!
Only Stadia on PC is next gen. Origin, EA App and Steam are only old gen.

ive already ordered it on origin , is it too late to switch?
actually i ordered it on cdkeys so presume i could just use stadia? not that i have a clue what im doing lol
I don't know. But if you don't have the key, I would friendly ask per Email or what ever or go to the shop and look if you can cancel it there.

actually i ordered it on cdkeys so presume i could just use stadia? not that i have a clue what im doing lol
You need to buy it directly on the Stadia store. It's the only way. The Origin key won't work as you need to purchase the items directly to them (Stadia).

They are different keys/platforms. Try to cancel cdkeys but first check if stadia runs ok yo you. Destiny 2 is free on the service so try that. It depends on connection and closeness to data centers. stadia you can run on pc ,mac, ipad, phone. It runs thru browser not origin client

I think CPU is playing very good at home/world class diff

Thanks for this. I watched nearly all of this video and it pretty much sold me on the game. Both goals were sorta video gamey, but I was expecting a game that finished 4-3 and was pleasantly surprised it finished — spoiler alert — 1-1. I'm assuming you were PSG...it was nice seeing Bruges attack by moving the ball and I don't remember seeing a single drag-back move from the AI. There were some occasions where Bruges had an attack on and the ball kinda got stuck in Balanta's feet — which I like to see because he's a very defensive midfielder and leading the break isn't a strong suit of his.

Why is there a gray up arrow fixed above the Bruges right winger (Lang)? Also, I like the single dot over your controlled player...is that a mod or a choice in-game?

I removed that arrow above players, that single dot is just my small edit. I say to you, with some graphical mods, this game will shine.

is it just me... or does it look worse on PC, from a movement standpoint?! looks like no hypermotion is active... a bit like the PS4 version. i could be wrong here... hm!
There’s definitely no hypermotion, it’s current gen on PC. It is improved compared to 21 (which I couldn’t stand), but it’s also inferior to Next-Gen from videos I’ve seen of ps5, Hypermotion has an immediate impact in terms of movement, positioning and tracking which is why there’s a need for different sliders.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom