FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

Have you played next gen and current gen man? What are your thoughts? I had a ps5 in my cart earlier but thought I’d wait haha.
Only next gen. I think I can get 10more hours thru origin to test current gen but I think I'm going to end up getting xbox next gen or stadia version for sure. Haven't bought a game in a while but I really had fun playing the trial so far.

I've been playing older soccer games for the past two years so this one looks pretty amazing , it just felt pretty "loose" and responsive for a frostbite fifa so it was very enjoyable. I'm very used to Fifa16 defending so defending here boils down to pressing a bunch of buttons.. That's the only problem in facing

I just hope EA doesn't monster patch it as soon as my payment goes thru...

How are you finding it?

Reactions: cb7
Only next gen. I think I can get 10more hours thru origin to test current gen but I think I'm going to end up getting xbox next gen or stadia version for sure. Haven't bought a game in a while but I really had fun playing the trial so far.

I've been playing older soccer games for the past two years so this one looks pretty amazing , it just felt pretty "loose" and responsive for a frostbite fifa so it was very enjoyable. I'm very used to Fifa16 defending so defending here boils down to pressing a bunch of buttons.. That's the only problem in facing

I just hope EA doesn't monster patch it as soon as my payment goes thru...

How are you finding it?
Yeah nice, I'm really curious about Hypermotion for positioning/tracking as from the videos I've seen it looks like it's an improvement compared to current gen. I've only played the PC version but it's definitely a big improvement overall compared to 21. I really like the ball physics and the AI is better than the last couple of years. With the right adjustments I'm really enjoying it at the moment...but I'm very tempted to try next gen.

I just had a great match with the sliders I posted here: https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-22-discussion-pc-version.87500/post-3761263

It was really difficult to create chances, lots of interceptions and fight for the ball. I felt the wings were covered well with the new adjustment and there's some added physicality now. I even enjoyed the defensive challenge (never thought I'd say that).

I feel the distances/spacing make a huge difference in lots of areas of gameplay. The CPU has to think more and they're happy to pass around when there's no clear openings. I had one moment where the goalkeeper just sat on the ball for ages, looking for different passing options. He moved quite high and ended up going long.

I also won a penalty in the last few minutes (which I missed).

Pass % was 82 for CPU (legendary) and 80% for me. I don't know what's happened but this game has really surprised me.

Last edited:
I don't have anything to compare but it looks really nice on my series S, I have a 1080p TV. Only time I see framedrops are in the pregame presentation when they show the crowd waving flags. I see some blockiness when they do depth of field when the teams line up but in game I think it looks great

Yes, it's true. It looks nice on Series S.
I've always played Fifa games on ultra graphics settings(PC version has settings as you know). Series S is my first ever console TBH.
It looks like my eyes have been familiar with higher LOD for quite a long time.

A couple of adjustments to try for my PC/Current Gen sliders.

The biggest issue I'm trying to address is not having the wings too open due to the narrow width. The narrow width is extremely important in my opinion so I'm looking for ways to sort the potential issue and I think I'm making some progress. I'm finding 4/6 and 48/50 for Speed and Acceleration is helping the AI cover and recover the wing position better and it's also helping AI aggression/resistance across the pitch. In general (but especially on the wings) I'm wanting to make it as difficult as possible to run away from defenders with a simple turn.

I tried opening up width a little - but as soon as I open up further than 15 I just find the middle of the field is too easy to play through (plus it opens up more tracking issues). I really find 15/15 width and 1/1 length helps keeps things really tight and realistic through the field. Combined with the passing errors it creates more interceptions also. On 22, the Cbs come across to cover the wings much better, the full back don't give up their runs like on 20 and 21 - plus the wingers track better as well, so it's a lot more workable than previously. As @Matt10 has just suggested, the FBs position higher is helping to keep the LB and RB a little wider instead of bunching up so I've gone with a 60/60 as well. I've also upped first touch error as it doesn't seem to have a major impact. I'm noticing its effect more when a player tries to knock the ball out in front instead of on controlling the ball.

Sprint Speed: 4/6
Acceleration: 48/50
Shot Error: 70/70
Pass Error 70/70
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 45/45
Marking: 77/77
Run Frequency: 20/20
Line Height: 10/94
Line Length: 1/1
Line Width: 15/15
Fullback: 60/60
First Touch Error: 95/95

Thanks a lot for this! I'm happy to see you are trying to fix the wings. This is so far the only major problem I have found on the PC version (with the exception of the lack of fouls). In some moments of the game it is just too easy to runaway through the sides still.

I will give these sliders a go today to check. I haven't tried Legendary yet, is it a good difficulty option to use combined with this set? The CPU does not get too OP?

Thanks a lot for this! I'm happy to see you are trying to fix the wings. This is so far the only major problem I have found on the PC version (with the exception of the lack of fouls). In some moments of the game it is just too easy to runaway through the sides still.

I will give these sliders a go today to check. I haven't tried Legendary yet, is it a good difficulty option to use combined with this set? The CPU does not get too OP?
I'd say it's definitely an improvement on the wings. It's harder to just turn and get away but it can happen on occasion. With the adjustments today I've found it happening far less and for the most part the CPU covers/recovers fairly well (plus the additional physicality is good). When we get access to the gameplay files I'll try and reduce it's impact even further.

I've played some legendary and I find the aggression and covering is a little better. CPU can be OP sometimes, I need to keep playing some more. I’ve found World Class and even Professional have given good matches also, I’m going a bit between all three.

Last edited:
I'd say it's definitely an improvement on the wings. It's harder to just turn and get away but it can happen on occasion. With the adjustments today I've found it happening far less and for the most part the CPU covers/recovers fairly well (plus the additional physicality is good). When we get access to the gameplay files I'll try and reduce it's impact even further.

Brilliant man. Thanks! It should be possible to attack quickly through the wings as it happens often in real life, especially against weaker/slower teams or counter-attacks but at times it feels like there is just an open corridor with defenders not rushing to cover anything at all. I had a moment with Benfica were I just gave the ball to Grimaldo after a goal kick and ran up the whole wing without any opposition at all... I hope this can be sorted out.

Other than that, I love how the difficulty changes depending on the level of the opponent as well. I got fairly crushed by Barcelona on the Champions League 3-0, even though I had some counter-attack chances. The next game at home against a low table team felt so different, like it should be actually. Just this by itself is a huge improvement already! I also feel that player individuality as well as player form and momentum is more present and decisive this year. All of these subtle traits combined make the game feel really realistic in my opinion.

I am still amazed at what they did with the game this year, I saw some stuff that I have never experienced in any other football game before, which makes me even more curious about the NG version.

Brilliant man. Thanks! It should be possible to attack quickly through the wings as it happens often in real life, especially against weaker teams or counter-attacks but at times it feels like there is just an open corridor with defenders not rushing to cover anything at all. I had a moment with Benfica were I just gave the ball to Grimaldo after a goal kick and ran up the whole wing without any opposition at all... I hope this can be sorted out.

Other than that, I love how the difficulty changes depending on the level of the opponent as well. I got fairly crushed by Barcelona on the Champions League 3-0, even though I had some counter-attack chances. The next game at home against a low table team felt so different, like it should be actually. Just this by itself is a huge improvement already! I also feel that player individuality as well as player form and momentum is more present and decisive this year. All of these subtle traits combined make the game feel really realistic in my opinion.

I am still amazed at what they did with the game this year, I saw some stuff that I have never experienced before in any other football game before, which makes me even more curious about the NG version.
100% agree with this. It really does feel like a step up - and we aren't even on next-gen. I love the ball physics - they've been improving on FIFA but I didn't think they'd get to a level where I'd say that.

Yeah that wing issue happens for a few reasons. Obviously it's caused from the narrow width, but if I open it up too much then we lose those distances which I love. Plus, I feel it has a bigger, more negative effect on overall gameplay when you open it up (distances become wrong, tracking also, not to mention the fact it then becomes too easy to play through the lines). Another reason is that teams still don't move across enough as a unit - this would be a big help in solving that - and on next gen it seems like they do, but I'm not sure of the application of it exactly until I play. The positive though is that the covering and chasing is MUCH better this year, so the 1v1 doesn't present as much of a problem when the distances are right.

Let me know what you think of the new set.

Also, I'm not sure of this yet, but just now I’m testing a User Acceleration 1 point even lower than the current set (so 47/50). My thinking is that the physicality on Frostbite has never been great as you can kind of just slide off players without their being a physical interaction (another cause for the wing issue/turning players). That aspect is better on 22, but it's still there. With a bigger discrepancy in acceleration the physical interactions seem better. Very early tests with 47/50 but it has seemed to improve it even more. I'm just looking out to see it it creates an imbalance somewhere else (and if you go too low in acceleration players move weird so I'll need to look out for that too but 47 shouldn't create that). I feel like creating differences in User v CPU sliders feels like it's creating an imbalance, but sometimes I really feel it just levels things out. With 2 point speed difference, I still feel with fast players I can get away from slower ones.

Last edited:
Hmm so EA have seen fit to encrypt Locale.ini why the fuck would they do that? Very odd, hope there's a workaround so we can add/change stuff in there. Was hoping to try adding Kill everyone=1 to see if it added fouls back...

FIFA 21 on PC is such a shitty game, unless they changed the gameplay radically I do not expect too much from FIFA 22.

100% agree with this. It really does feel like a step up - and we aren't even on next-gen. I love the ball physics - they've been improving on FIFA but I didn't think they'd get to a level where I'd say that.

Yeah that wing issue happens for a few reasons. Obviously it's caused from the narrow width, but if I open it up too much then we lose those distances which I love. Plus, I feel it has a bigger, more negative effect on overall gameplay when you open it up (distances become wrong, tracking also, not to mention the fact it then becomes too easy to play through the lines). Another reason is that teams still don't move across enough as a unit - this would be a big help in solving that - and on next gen it seems like they do, but I'm not sure of the application of it exactly until I play. The positive though is that the covering and chasing is MUCH better this year, so the 1v1 doesn't present as much of a problem when the distances are right.

Let me know what you think of the new set.

Also, I'm not sure of this yet, but just now I’m testing a User Acceleration 1 point even lower than the current set (so 47/50). My thinking is that the physicality on Frostbite has never been great as you can kind of just slide off players without their being a physical interaction (another cause for the wing issue/turning players). That aspect is better on 22, but it's still there. With a bigger discrepancy in acceleration the physical interactions seem better. Very early tests with 47/50 but it has seemed to improve it even more. I'm just looking out to see it it creates an imbalance somewhere else (and if you go too low in acceleration players move weird so I'll need to look out for that too but 47 shouldn't create that). I feel like creating differences in User v CPU sliders feels like it's creating an imbalance, but sometimes I really feel it just levels things out. With 2 point speed difference, I still feel with fast players I can get away from slower ones.
Tried my last game of the EA Play trial with your updated sliders and loved it! Wings are harder to break and guess what? I had FOULS! Can you imagine that? Look at the stats (up until the 52nd minute since my trial time finished in the middle of the game, so it wasn't even a full match):

InkedFIFA22_Trial 2021-09-28 10-48-36_LI.jpg

I was playing with Benfica and suffered 6 fouls! I never saw that in recent Fifa games ever. I kind of felt that you can force contact and protect the ball with L2 in order to actually win them.

I think the updated slider set plus managing to protect the ball and position your player against the defender + time your sudden movements appropriately do have a significant impact as the stats show! This is great news!

Tried my last game of the EA Play trial with your updated sliders and loved it! Wings are harder to break and guess what? I had FOULS! Can you imagine that? Look at the stats (up until the 52nd minute since my trial time finished in the middle of the game, so it wasn't even a full match):

View attachment 123612

I was playing with Benfica and suffered 6 fouls! I never saw that in recent Fifa games ever. I kind of felt that you can force contact and protect the ball with L2 in order to actually win them.

I think the updated slider set plus managing to protect the ball and position your player against the defender + time your sudden movements appropriately do have a significant impact as the stats show! This is great news!
Great to hear man! Yeah I’ve noticed that also actually, more slide tackles too. Definitely good news. I think the discrepancy in speed and acceleration contributes to this. If you start your other trial give 47/50 a go for Acceleration. I didn’t get long to play with this yet but from tests it was even better.

Your pass percentages look similar to what I’m getting also, which is far better than constant 90%+. It’s starting to take shape. I feel with the CPU being a little quicker off their line to press, since first touch went to 95 and with less distance to play in, this has lead to more passing error all around.

Last edited:
I think the discrepancy in speed and acceleration contributes to this. If you start your other trial give 47/50 a go for Acceleration. I didn’t get long to play with this yet but from tests it was even better.
Definitely! I played that game shown above with those values :) I will continue to test it on my gamepass trial.

I ve just got the trial (demo). Not sure what to think about it yet other than I am not massively impressed.

I ve experienced a bug with my favorite camera, the pro cam. After a goal kick from the oponent GK, the camera doesn't adjust the focus to the ball anymore and it keeps the opposition GK as the focus, so that all the others areas look completely blured, until the ball goes out the touch line, or a goal is scored.

1632823034856.jpeg

Last edited:
I ve just got the trial (demo). Not sure what to think about it yet other than I am not massively impressed.

I ve experienced a bug with my favorite camera, the pro cam. After a goal kick from the oponent GK, the camera do not adjust the focus to the ball anymore and it keeps the opposition GK as the focus so that all the others areas look completely blured until the ball goes out the touch line or a goal is scored.

View attachment 123624
That blur is odd :( I wonder if you can deactivate that effect somehow in one of the ini files once they are decrypted.

I wasn't impressed with the game the first time I played either. But once I tried the slider sets and got used to the subtle changes it clicked somehow.

That blur is odd :( I wonder if you can deactivate that effect somehow in one of the ini files once they are decrypted.

I wasn't impressed with the game the first time I played either. But once I tried the slider sets and got used to the subtle changes it clicked somehow.

After spending a lot of time editing camera in FIFA16, I would put some money on EA messing with their camera files. That clearly the type of blur I was getting when the focal distance was not adjusted correctly. I think it is a problem with camera trasnsition between the goal kick and the gameplay camera.

I have reported it one EA answer and I am not the onyl one with that bug.

I ve experienced a bug with my favorite camera, the pro cam. After a goal kick from the oponent GK, the camera do not adjust the focus to the ball anymore and it keeps the opposition GK as the focus so that all the others areas look completely blured until the ball goes out the touch line or a goal is scored.

View attachment 123624
Hi mate, where did you get the trial demo from?

I've never really played Fifa on PC so if I were to crank up all the settings to Ultra how far behind do you think the graphics will be compared to console next gen?

CTD every time I try to do a skill game.

Tried repairing the game in Origin, clean installed latest GPU drivers. Disabled all overlay type apps (including AMD's ingame overlay), running out of ideas :( Game creates its own crash dumps but no idea how to glean any useful information out of them? :(

I've never really played Fifa on PC so if I were to crank up all the settings to Ultra how far behind do you think the graphics will be compared to console next gen?

In terms of the clarity of graphics, PC version on ultra-set will win. But next gen will be far better in every part but that.
It basically depends on the spec of your PC though.

Damit, we have very ironic situation this year; PC is the king of gaming machine but not for Fifa22.

CTD every time I try to do a skill game.

Tried repairing the game in Origin, clean installed latest GPU drivers. Disabled all overlay type apps (including AMD's ingame overlay), running out of ideas :( Game creates its own crash dumps but no idea how to glean any useful information out of them? :(

Have you tried in EA Desktop, I mean EA App. I don't use Origin any more.

In terms of the clarity of graphics, PC version on ultra-set will win. But next gen will be far better in every part but that.
It basically depends on the spec of your PC though.

Damit, we have very ironic situation this year; PC is the king of gaming machine but not for Fifa22.
Thanks mate, I guessed that would be the case. It's shocking how EA cannot at least do a next gen upgrade for PC users who are capable of running it. Its not as if they are short of cash to make two versions for PC

Regarding the sliders, I’m going to revisit the line and marking settings again tomorrow. I don’t want every game to feel too similar and I feel it might start to with the current settings. Hopefully I can find a good balance but I’m really looking forward to the editing tool being ready. That’s where we can do lots more work.

Back
Top Bottom