FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

I'm thinking of picking this up on steam, are the mods really that good that they change the gameplay for the better?? plus I'd be interested in all the bells and whistles with regards to graphic add ons

The usual PC version improvements:

Set DIRECTX_SELECT = 1 in your fifasetup.ini for DirectX 11 which still runs better than their DirectX 12 implementation. You can also insert CONTROLLER_DEFAULT = 1 there if you're using a controller with numbers as button labels.

Set AUTO_LAUNCH = 1 in the config.ini to disable the launcher. The locale.ini unfortunately seems to be encrypted this year.

The gameplay seems pretty similar to FIFA 21, so if you already own that one, I'm not sure whether there's any need to buy this one.

I've been playing around with sliders today trying to get some of the positioning/defensive issues sorted. I've had some success making the game more enjoyable and defensive- it's not solved but I think it's better than it was. The base of this game is better than 21 in this regard, so hopefully once we get access to gameplay files for PC we might be able to build on it a little more.

I'll keep testing the sliders and post some when I'm happy with it. I'm sure @Matt10 is working on a great set also, but not sure if it's just for next gen.

Edit: Ok guys, give this a go and see what you think. Some of the line adjustments are quite extreme, but I've had a couple of games and I've had way more of a midfield. I feel like the massive discrepancy in line height between user and CPU is really helping the passing lanes. 1v1 is still there etc, but I've found this has helped. It will most likely need more work and it might break down after more play - but I've actually quite enjoyed the last few matches (which I could never say on 21) and as I've said it's felt like there's much more of a midfield.

(Working set)
Legendary/World Class

Slow/Normal Speed

Semi-controls

Pass Block Assistance Off and all of the auto assists, clearances etc (not sure if this makes a difference)

Sprint Speed: 44 /44
Acceleration: 51/51
Shot Error: 60/60
Pass Error 57/57
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 50/50
Marking: 77/77
Run Frequency: 20/20
Line Height: 10/94
Line Length: 1/1
Line Width: 15/15
Fullback: 25/25
First Touch Error: 60/60

Last edited:
Just had my first 0-0 with the above slider set. 10 minute halves and World Class. For context, this didn't happen once on 21 and on default sliders one of my first matches on 22 was 4-3. So far, the sliders are holding up well. I'm going to bump up first touch and pass error a little next game and see if that makes things a little more gritty too.

Just had my first 0-0 with the above slider set. 10 minute halves and World Class. For context, this didn't happen once on 21 and on default sliders one of my first matches on 22 was 4-3. So far, the sliders are holding up well. I'm going to bump up first touch and pass error a little next game and see if that makes things a little more gritty too.
Trying your sliders but with the players face just speed up a bit, as well as pass speed and error reduced as I'm no manual player , although I may use the rest of my trial hours just editig the game so I'm ready to play career when I buy the game

That's the spirit, keep the reviews coming, depending on your all important reviews. Then will shed my money on this. Don't let the forum die. Thank you guys.🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙏

I'm playing with a slightly updated set of sliders at the moment as I've made some more adjustments as I've played and based on Matt's beta set. So far I'm playing with the following and I'm actually really enjoying it!

Sprint Speed: 4/5
Acceleration: 48/49
Shot Error: 70/70
Pass Error 70/70
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 45/45
Marking: 77/77
Run Frequency: 20/20
Line Height: 10/94
Line Length: 1/1
Line Width: 15/15
Fullback: 25/25
First Touch Error: 85/85

I haven't really noticed the CPU teams standing around much or being isolated with 1v1 issues with this set so far - I think this is coming from creating closer distances. You do have to do some work for your own team in terms of midfield tracking/positioning but it's definitely an improvement on last year - and with the slider set it seems to less of an issue so far.

I just had an excellent match Liverpool v United. 10 minute halves/World Class with the above slider set. A couple of things I noticed which I haven't really seen in a FIFA lately - I was 2-1 up going into the last 20 minutes and United really came at me and put me under pressure. I was able to weather the storm and catch them on a few nice counter attacks and ended up winning 4-1. They weren't ridiculous counters , they actually felt realistic. Another thing I've noticed across a few matches is that CPU possession is much higher than normal. They out possessed me 59% - 41% in this match.

I really encourage people on PC/current gen to give this slider set a try.

An example of the team shape from the sliders which is creating lots more midfield play. I'm finding teams difficult to play through and it's forcing me to think a lot more as the overall distances are better.

Fifa 22 Screenshot 2021.09.26 - 16.12.33.77.jpg

Also in rededit, I am finding some good reviews on pc. Fingers crossed. I was playing fifa 21 yesterday, I don't why i was experiencing the defending from A.i.was much better and some fouls too. I was not able to penetrate as easily, as it was before. May be they implemented some codes from fifa 22 to test it. I want 0-0 or 1-0 even 1-1 like scores. Thank you guys for keeping the forum updated.

I'm seriously tempted now that I see this...
On top of that, a friend of mine who played both the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game thanks to EA Access oe whatever it's called swears that there isn't much difference between the two versions... I don't know whether the claim is accurate or not, though (he's a FUT guy so he doesn't care at all about single player modes) but if it's true I think that PC should be the platform of choice even without Hypermotion/next gen visuals.

I'm seriously tempted now that I see this...
On top of that, a friend of mine who played both the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game thanks to EA Access oe whatever it's called swears that there isn't much difference between the two versions... I don't know whether the claim is accurate or not, though (he's a FUT guy so he doesn't care at all about single player modes) but if it's true I think that PC should be the platform of choice even without Hypermotion/next gen visuals.
I’ve really changed my tune regarding the game since yesterday when I found a slider set that suited me.

I couldn’t stand 21- I think I’ve already played 22 more than I played 21 for the whole year. At the moment I’m really enjoying it - never thought I’d say that, even after playing it at first!

I’ve really changed my tune regarding the game since yesterday when I found a slider set that suited me.

I couldn’t stand 21- I think I’ve already played 22 more than I played 21 for the whole year. At the moment I’m really enjoying it - never thought I’d say that, even after playing it at first!

I have to admit that this game is starting to click right now as well. I am very tempted to buy it even though I would like to try the nextgen version, on Stadia somehow.

I have played half season of 21 last year and this is definitely a step forward with both OS and your modified sliders @Anth James. The midfield is more like a battle and it is quite enjoyable to be patient and try to find a way to break the puzzle. I still feel it's a bit too easy to run up the wing for attacks but maybe it's because I am playing it on slow? Could it be?

Nevertheless, I feel things are more tight in terms of animations (saw a lot of new ones during the 6 hours I have played so far) and the ball physics is also improved. I also never thought I would say this as well but I have experienced really great moments in some of my matches where it felt like a real game was being played. Now I am really confused and tempted to buy the pc version, specially because of the upcoming mods (a turf mod is really necessary).

C
I have to admit that this game is starting to click right now as well. I am very tempted to buy it even though I would like to try the nextgen version, on Stadia somehow.

I have played half season of 21 last year and this is definitely a step forward with both OS and your modified sliders @Anth James. The midfield is more like a battle and it is quite enjoyable to be patient and try to find a way to break the puzzle. I still feel it's a bit too easy to run up the wing for attacks but maybe it's because I am playing it on slow? Could it be?

Nevertheless, I feel things are more tight in terms of animations (saw a lot of new ones during the 6 hours I have played so far) and the ball physics is also improved. I also never thought I would say this but I have experienced really great moments in some of my matches where it felt like a real game was being played. Now I am really confused and tempted to buy the pc version, specially because of the upcoming mods (a turf mod is really necessary).
Completely agree man - especially about the great moments in game. I feel the sound and atmosphere has also improved.

I hear you about the wings too. I’m playing on slow also but I haven’t found it’s too bad overall as I feel the CBs make an effort to come across most of the time (which was not the case on 20 or 21 with 1v1). You could try dropping FB lower, but it could disrupt the shape and resistance a little. The other thing you could try is to give the CPU more of a speed/acc advantage.

100% a turf mod is needed. I can’t wait to add a camera mod in also. I’m looking forward to checking out the gameplay files- I’m thinking FOULS!!!

Last edited:
@Anth James Which speed and difficulty are you using with your modified slider set?
I’m mainly going between professional with manual passing (another thing which has improved as I typically don’t like manual on fifa post 16, but with the improved ball physics I’m liking it), and world class with semi atm. Slow speed right now as I’m not really seeing any issues with it yet.

Hey these don't apply to next gen right? I haven't downloaded the trial but leaning towards my xbox instead of pc.
How are you liking the game? better than 20?
From what I hear they probably won’t work quite the same on next gen due to hyper motion having an impact on positioning, but could be worth a go.

At first I Iiked some of the mechanics but I was running into lots of the old issues (wide open midfield/passing lanes etc). Since yesterday with the sliders, I’ve surprised myself and I’m actually loving it right now.

Yeah I’d say better than 20 hands down.

Last edited:
From what I hear they probably won’t work quite the same on next gen due to hyper motion having an impact on positioning, but could be worth a go.

At first Iiked some of the mechanics but I was running into lots of the old issues (wide open midfield/passing lanes etc. Since yesterday with the sliders, I’ve surprised myself and I’m actually loving it right now.

Yeah I’d say better than 20 hands down.

I am loving your sliders! To be honest, it's the best feeling I have had in a football game. It just feels smooth, non robotic, and plays like a real game for the most part. I am currently testing out Slow vs Normal speed, but it has made it a whole new game for me.

That is correct! Same next gen features and everything. Just hoping my wifi will handle the streaming. I have tested it with other games and had no issues.
If you have tested it with the free games it should be the same. Mine is flawless, played an entire the division 2 until end game and more and would forget is on the cloud. You should be good

Last edited:
C

Completely agree man - especially about the great moments in game. I feel the sound and atmosphere has also improved.

I hear you about the wings too. I’m playing on slow also but I haven’t found it’s too bad overall as I feel the CBs make an effort to come across most of the time (which was not the case on 20 or 21 with 1v1). You could try dropping FB lower, but it could disrupt the shape and resistance a little. The other thing you could try is to give the CPU more of a speed/acc advantage.

100% a turf mod is needed. I can’t wait to add a camera mod in also. I’m looking forward to checking out the gameplay files too. I’m thinking FOULS!!!
Camera mod is done, well for me it is. I can paste a tutorial if anyone wants it on how to easily raise the BROADCAST cam up quite high, using some simple steps in Cheat Engine the latest version.

Really wish I could do it on the PS5 version!

Back
Top Bottom